Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | doodle archive thread
1 2
for personal fr art / whatever I want. I need to post about my little guys

no requests please. commenting is ok
for personal fr art / whatever I want. I need to post about my little guys

no requests please. commenting is ok
cf0k0az.png
wanting to post [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60651771]quinine[/url] is the main reason I'm here [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/2769c75b706337673a319984c5367954/afd45163e5089206-fc/s500x750/4bfd21e119b08923ed0d6e15d9c7f3686b36a756.png[/img] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/311abbb6c98260a9191959e830dab362/03fe4c99dc066d39-62/s1280x1920/fc33932ebf95afec5ef7fbd0b6a221c8046f1d5e.png[/img][/center] [right][size=2]+ sashimi on the right[/size]
wanting to post quinine is the main reason I'm here
4bfd21e119b08923ed0d6e15d9c7f3686b36a756.png

fc33932ebf95afec5ef7fbd0b6a221c8046f1d5e.png
+ sashimi on the right
cf0k0az.png
I dunno which I like more [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/8eb6dbf132a564d3f20786f2650bd2a9/1eeeddd54fbbdcc1-01/s500x750/9aebf57033bc0c9f613ccee26ae2870be9685d73.png[/img] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d838e854de040f28d6fe2e0a532ff4fc/1eeeddd54fbbdcc1-23/s500x750/656a56c7e28a01933fba70eabb5b5617e9cd225b.png[/img]
I dunno which I like more
9aebf57033bc0c9f613ccee26ae2870be9685d73.png

656a56c7e28a01933fba70eabb5b5617e9cd225b.png
cf0k0az.png
oh i love your art style dearly... your linework is so good omg. it flows so well
oh i love your art style dearly... your linework is so good omg. it flows so well
hey you!
while you're
here, go drink
some water c:
remember to
take care of
yourself!
WwOmccn.png
@Starbunnies

,QuQ, !! thank you! that's very sweet of you to say!
I do these on my phone screen with my fingertip, weirdly it feels a lot easier to make lines go the way I want them to that way? at least compared to the alternatives- pens feel clunky and unreliable
@Starbunnies

,QuQ, !! thank you! that's very sweet of you to say!
I do these on my phone screen with my fingertip, weirdly it feels a lot easier to make lines go the way I want them to that way? at least compared to the alternatives- pens feel clunky and unreliable
cf0k0az.png
this is probably going to sound weird and stupid but your art reminds me of being on tumblr so much and just encountering brief flashes of blogs and their art and never remembering or retaining who they are and just having fragments in my brain... its a nice art style is what i mean. also you have incredibly steady hands if you're just using your finger o_o
this is probably going to sound weird and stupid but your art reminds me of being on tumblr so much and just encountering brief flashes of blogs and their art and never remembering or retaining who they are and just having fragments in my brain... its a nice art style is what i mean. also you have incredibly steady hands if you're just using your finger o_o
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
@bulrush

haha not weird at all, I do a lot of that kind of browsing myself, I think I get what you mean. also, thank you! :D that's very flattering to me.

(abt. hands) tbh I have unsteady hands and a Really bad pencil grip/posture/whatever, going back to fingerpainting makes it easier to Force it to do what I want/do the same line over and over again until it looks right, without my hand cramping up.
@bulrush

haha not weird at all, I do a lot of that kind of browsing myself, I think I get what you mean. also, thank you! :D that's very flattering to me.

(abt. hands) tbh I have unsteady hands and a Really bad pencil grip/posture/whatever, going back to fingerpainting makes it easier to Force it to do what I want/do the same line over and over again until it looks right, without my hand cramping up.
cf0k0az.png
ah im glad the intention is getting across then, i always saw the coolest art and a lot of it was probably outsider art. stuff that is more about the feeling than the technique, i always wished i could do something cool like that but im just sitting here with ms paint and flat colors pbbb. that's a really smart idea, honestly im trying to force myself to be using my mouse again to draw because i think it might help my hand-eye coordination. its good to make things like that enjoyable.
ah im glad the intention is getting across then, i always saw the coolest art and a lot of it was probably outsider art. stuff that is more about the feeling than the technique, i always wished i could do something cool like that but im just sitting here with ms paint and flat colors pbbb. that's a really smart idea, honestly im trying to force myself to be using my mouse again to draw because i think it might help my hand-eye coordination. its good to make things like that enjoyable.
@bulrush

yeah!!!! I totally agree, you can find art that brings out the most surprisingly deep emotional connections just browsing around people's personal hobbyist blogs. I have a great respect and affection for everyone just doing their own thing out there.

eh, I feel stuck in that same boat, I don't put too much effort in besides having fun, so my skills are pretty static. but its still fun, so that doesn't bother me too much.
I think whatever techniques make it easier to have fun and relax while you draw are best, its easier to concentrate that way. default colors mspaint + trackpad is my other best friend. low-pressure, no thinking about layers, just letting the brain wander. pixels crunchy, good
@bulrush

yeah!!!! I totally agree, you can find art that brings out the most surprisingly deep emotional connections just browsing around people's personal hobbyist blogs. I have a great respect and affection for everyone just doing their own thing out there.

eh, I feel stuck in that same boat, I don't put too much effort in besides having fun, so my skills are pretty static. but its still fun, so that doesn't bother me too much.
I think whatever techniques make it easier to have fun and relax while you draw are best, its easier to concentrate that way. default colors mspaint + trackpad is my other best friend. low-pressure, no thinking about layers, just letting the brain wander. pixels crunchy, good
cf0k0az.png
i almost feel a little guilty for just drawing like that and not trying to do anything fancy, i was never going to become a great artist but i felt i had hit my skill ceiling. its a dumb thought because as a hobbiest of course im just making art to make art there's not any greater purpose but gosh its so freeing to be detatched from the numbers. as much as i miss spaces like deviantart and tumblr sometimes it would up my brain in such a bad way. someone could be looking at what im putting out but also so could no one, ambuguity is nice. sorry for rambling though i didn't think i would see someone having similar thoughts as me. i was buying art for a good while on here but i haven't really gotten to talk to an artist you know?
i almost feel a little guilty for just drawing like that and not trying to do anything fancy, i was never going to become a great artist but i felt i had hit my skill ceiling. its a dumb thought because as a hobbiest of course im just making art to make art there's not any greater purpose but gosh its so freeing to be detatched from the numbers. as much as i miss spaces like deviantart and tumblr sometimes it would up my brain in such a bad way. someone could be looking at what im putting out but also so could no one, ambuguity is nice. sorry for rambling though i didn't think i would see someone having similar thoughts as me. i was buying art for a good while on here but i haven't really gotten to talk to an artist you know?
1 2