Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | burnout and craving a lair cleanout, but
1 2
...unable to bring myself to pull the trigger and actually Do it

It's something I've been struggling with for years. Years back, I had a phase in which I got a lot of dragons and wrote a lot of bios and all in all formed my lair into what it is currently. After that, and a particularly hellish notn I had one year, I got very very burnt out, which lead to me do basically no dailies, barely feed my dragons, and grow to detest the lair I had. I also think me maturing and being busy with school, as well as a growing pile of new projects also contributed to this. I REALLY want to clean out my lair and start anew. I have new lore ideas that simply cannot coexist with the dragons I have currently.

But I cannot bring myself to pull the trigger and exalt my guys. I am overwhelmed simply looking at the sheer number of dragons in my lair, even more so when I try to really get in depth with who to let go and who to keep. I sometimes wish a flood would come by and take away all dragons except for the handful I like, but when trying to bring up this feeling, the list of dragons I would like to save from the theoretical flood I tried to form to further explain the idea kept growing as I looked over my lair. I am conflicted in just about every way except for desperately wanting change.

Have you been in such a situation? How did you get out of it? If you haven't, how did you avoid it?
...unable to bring myself to pull the trigger and actually Do it

It's something I've been struggling with for years. Years back, I had a phase in which I got a lot of dragons and wrote a lot of bios and all in all formed my lair into what it is currently. After that, and a particularly hellish notn I had one year, I got very very burnt out, which lead to me do basically no dailies, barely feed my dragons, and grow to detest the lair I had. I also think me maturing and being busy with school, as well as a growing pile of new projects also contributed to this. I REALLY want to clean out my lair and start anew. I have new lore ideas that simply cannot coexist with the dragons I have currently.

But I cannot bring myself to pull the trigger and exalt my guys. I am overwhelmed simply looking at the sheer number of dragons in my lair, even more so when I try to really get in depth with who to let go and who to keep. I sometimes wish a flood would come by and take away all dragons except for the handful I like, but when trying to bring up this feeling, the list of dragons I would like to save from the theoretical flood I tried to form to further explain the idea kept growing as I looked over my lair. I am conflicted in just about every way except for desperately wanting change.

Have you been in such a situation? How did you get out of it? If you haven't, how did you avoid it?
ttGfSL1.png
I've seen one or two people have an archive dragon, where they list all of the lore dragons they've exalted along with their old outfit, lore, and any other info you want to save about them. a "virtual lair" I think I've seen it called!

(I'm thinking about doing this too because I have some dragons I've held onto for yearssss but I'm not doing anything with. idk yet)
I've seen one or two people have an archive dragon, where they list all of the lore dragons they've exalted along with their old outfit, lore, and any other info you want to save about them. a "virtual lair" I think I've seen it called!

(I'm thinking about doing this too because I have some dragons I've held onto for yearssss but I'm not doing anything with. idk yet)
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
Dump them all into your hib den and start over with a clean main lair? That way they're not, like, gone gone, but you still have a blank slate to work with?
Dump them all into your hib den and start over with a clean main lair? That way they're not, like, gone gone, but you still have a blank slate to work with?
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
Here's what I would do: find somewhere else to put the bios of the dragons and get rid of the actual dragons. You don't seem to be a G1 lair (at least not entirely), so I can tell you that it should be possible to obtain those dragons again if you wish, if you feel like you made a mistake.
Here's what I would do: find somewhere else to put the bios of the dragons and get rid of the actual dragons. You don't seem to be a G1 lair (at least not entirely), so I can tell you that it should be possible to obtain those dragons again if you wish, if you feel like you made a mistake.
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
I haven't really had this specific issue, but there've been times where even though I knew I wanted to keep my dragons, I also wanted a refresh. Some tricks I used included taking off all their apparel except for 1 'signature' piece, reorganizing their order and switching out the first tab so the landing page wasn't the same one I'd been staring at for years.
That's for keeping dragons though.

For getting rid of things, not dragons, but irl stuff, I've found taking a picture or keeping record of sentimental things helps me to let go of it that way the memory isn't lost, but I no longer need to carry around the object.

When I first go through stuff, I organize them into definitely keeping, definitely going and then a maybe pile. Sometimes the maybe pile is just a means of getting used to the idea of no longer having the item (which I suppose makes it more of a prolonged goodbye pile).

It also helps when I keep in mind the end goal and how freeing it feels to not be carrying around the items with all the guilt, obligation or whatever other thing made me hold on to them for so long.
I haven't really had this specific issue, but there've been times where even though I knew I wanted to keep my dragons, I also wanted a refresh. Some tricks I used included taking off all their apparel except for 1 'signature' piece, reorganizing their order and switching out the first tab so the landing page wasn't the same one I'd been staring at for years.
That's for keeping dragons though.

For getting rid of things, not dragons, but irl stuff, I've found taking a picture or keeping record of sentimental things helps me to let go of it that way the memory isn't lost, but I no longer need to carry around the object.

When I first go through stuff, I organize them into definitely keeping, definitely going and then a maybe pile. Sometimes the maybe pile is just a means of getting used to the idea of no longer having the item (which I suppose makes it more of a prolonged goodbye pile).

It also helps when I keep in mind the end goal and how freeing it feels to not be carrying around the items with all the guilt, obligation or whatever other thing made me hold on to them for so long.
MGFJ8fc.png AnUIqXY.png xLfa2Pa.png kwqLYV5.pngFyiyiOg.png
You could sell them to forever homes and keep track of the bios or hope they don’t erase the bio either so they just exist in another space? And then have links to the dragon in somebody else’s bio
You could sell them to forever homes and keep track of the bios or hope they don’t erase the bio either so they just exist in another space? And then have links to the dragon in somebody else’s bio
oy11GHf.png tumblr_inline_ny7iugii4Q1qmzhvw_540.png
Wishlist | Lore Shop
I've felt a similar level of anxiety and stress over this. My most recent solution was putting them all in hibernal den. It doesn't fix the issue entirely but just no having them in my regular lair anymore did help.

I ended up using gems for it, if you need any help buying hibernal den slots let me know, I can contribute a few.
I've felt a similar level of anxiety and stress over this. My most recent solution was putting them all in hibernal den. It doesn't fix the issue entirely but just no having them in my regular lair anymore did help.

I ended up using gems for it, if you need any help buying hibernal den slots let me know, I can contribute a few.
I was in the same spot as you, kinda struggling to come back after hiatus with all these old dragons laying around. I stuck my favorites in the hib den, and gave away the rest.

You could have a google doc with their images/bios too, if you don't like the idea of other people having them!
I was in the same spot as you, kinda struggling to come back after hiatus with all these old dragons laying around. I stuck my favorites in the hib den, and gave away the rest.

You could have a google doc with their images/bios too, if you don't like the idea of other people having them!
4e48afae7ea64e587fff31cf892fcf9de1d76c3a.png
Critter Adopts
The acorn beckons
Divider-Branch4.png
33341.png Horsiesmall.png
[quote name="arawoods" date="2024-01-02 10:24:23" ] I've seen one or two people have an archive dragon, where they list all of the lore dragons they've exalted along with their old outfit, lore, and any other info you want to save about them. a "virtual lair" I think I've seen it called! (I'm thinking about doing this too because I have some dragons I've held onto for yearssss but I'm not doing anything with. idk yet) [/quote] The user Achaius made a thread for their virtual hibden, which I think is a great idea: [url]https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3161048[/url] If you do something like this, you'd have plenty of space (more than a dragon bio) to keep all your lore, images, etc., in one spot.
arawoods wrote on 2024-01-02 10:24:23:

The user Achaius made a thread for their virtual hibden, which I think is a great idea: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3161048

If you do something like this, you'd have plenty of space (more than a dragon bio) to keep all your lore, images, etc., in one spot.
My trick whenever I'm trying to slim down my lair is to put any dragon I'm on the fence about into my hibden and not look in there for a month. If at the end of the month I haven't thought about or missed them at all, then they get booted. And of course, all the ways of memorializing dragons here in this thread are excellent too!
My trick whenever I'm trying to slim down my lair is to put any dragon I'm on the fence about into my hibden and not look in there for a month. If at the end of the month I haven't thought about or missed them at all, then they get booted. And of course, all the ways of memorializing dragons here in this thread are excellent too!
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
1 2