Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Hunger Games December 2023 (Closed)
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Oh congrats to Laurel!!!!! [emoji=pink star size=1] I'm myself a bit baffled because it was also my closest chance I've had in the Games yet, and my lore clan craved it, but hey, can't argue with Laurel's abilities!! [emoji=special eyes size=1] Really, super happy for him, he deserved it. [s]I go and kill Hunger rn[/s]
Oh congrats to Laurel!!!!!
I'm myself a bit baffled because it was also my closest chance I've had in the Games yet, and my lore clan craved it, but hey, can't argue with Laurel's abilities!! Really, super happy for him, he deserved it.

I go and kill Hunger rn
NmS5GYp.png LRsHRNT.png b8wk9GD.png DtPHRBn.png
Horray, Laurel (:
Horray, Laurel (:
bYt72YT.pngzl1ZGZ2.pngzKTvGe0.png
h3pYUy6.png
73vKFNE.png6JxFimx.png
Redesigning signature sorry for the mess
[s]noooooo[/s] I mean, congrats, [b]Laurel[/b]! I'm glad [b]Hunger [/b]finally caught on that, hey, maybe such an extremely convenient way for both of them to get out [i]didn't actually exist[/i]. Didn't do her any good, but better late than never :'D (brutal death though damn) But hey, [b]Laurel [/b]played a good game. And his district brought popcorn, so it's all good :D Looking forward to the next iteration~ that'll be the 10th, does that mean another Quarter Quell? [emoji=normal eyes size=1] Maybe for that one we could introduce player sponsoring? Jayfeather88/Lightning has got a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3287798/1]Hunger Games going on right now[/url] that includes that, not sure how they're making that work behind the scenes, but you could always ask and adjust it to your own liking? Like having it be items/a set amount of treasure rather than levels of dragons. Maybe different things could even give the target dragon different gifts, but they may not actually be useful depending on what happens to them. Like you can send them water or food yet choose to send a weapon instead, but then next round the simulator says they die of thirst, if they had been sent water they would've survived that, but they just have a cleaver which isn't very hydrating. JUST AN IDEA like I said idk how they're doing it over there beyond a general death save for 100 levels, I've just always thought it'd be cool if we were able to implement player sponsoring [emoji=special eyes size=1]
noooooo I mean, congrats, Laurel! I'm glad Hunger finally caught on that, hey, maybe such an extremely convenient way for both of them to get out didn't actually exist. Didn't do her any good, but better late than never :'D (brutal death though damn)

But hey, Laurel played a good game. And his district brought popcorn, so it's all good :D Looking forward to the next iteration~ that'll be the 10th, does that mean another Quarter Quell? Maybe for that one we could introduce player sponsoring? Jayfeather88/Lightning has got a Hunger Games going on right now that includes that, not sure how they're making that work behind the scenes, but you could always ask and adjust it to your own liking?

Like having it be items/a set amount of treasure rather than levels of dragons. Maybe different things could even give the target dragon different gifts, but they may not actually be useful depending on what happens to them. Like you can send them water or food yet choose to send a weapon instead, but then next round the simulator says they die of thirst, if they had been sent water they would've survived that, but they just have a cleaver which isn't very hydrating.

JUST AN IDEA like I said idk how they're doing it over there beyond a general death save for 100 levels, I've just always thought it'd be cool if we were able to implement player sponsoring
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
@KameTurtle Oh no Hunger, now I feel so bad :( @Beatoriche Hecking wot? I no longer have a monopoly? I too have no idea how they're making their sponsor system work because the simulator is purely an RNG and has no option for users to determine what happens, and especially cannot be altered if the simulation has already started. I've asked JayFeather88 about it but they haven't responded yet. While I would love to introduce a way of interacting with your tributes during the Games, it's just not possible with this simulator. Something I want to do but don't have the skills required is to program my own simulator with proper stats, inventories, player sponsors and the ability to trigger Arena Events. There would be tribute stats, breed-specific events/stats and the items that tribute collect actually affect things. This would be so that dragons that are really intelligent in their lore don't do something completely stupid in the games, and we don't have occurrences such as: [center][b]--BLOODBATH--[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55419171][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/554192/55419171p.png[/img][/url] [b]Grimm[/b] shoves as much food into a backpack before running away. [b]--DAY 1--[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55419171][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/554192/55419171p.png[/img][/url] [B]Grimm[/b] starves to death. [/center] So if I ever get that going, it'd be rad. However, I do enjoy getting out-of-place events and forcing them to work. So, I am looking in to how Jayfeather88 is doing it, and I'll see how I can incorporate it into the Games next June and all those in the future. @Islet @pinglist-14040 Speaking of the Games next June, Beatoriche is right, being the 10th Hunger Games, that means they'll be the second Square-Root Quarter Quell! For the uninitiated, that means 48 tributes wile be entered instead of the usual 12. Additionally, I see that some people prefer submitting two tributes each, and I personally like that better as well, so we will be bring that back! If you're participating in the next games you can submit either one or two dragons. Furthermore, while trying to dissect the simulator to figure out how you could make player sponsors work, I discovered that there is an [url=https://brantsteele.com/hungergames/classic/reaping.php]experimental updated simulator[/url] which is more flexible, and allows you to name and change the number of districts! So I am very eager to use that next time. I'll be using the same pinglist I'm using here, so don't worry about remembering to come back. See you next June!
@KameTurtle

Oh no Hunger, now I feel so bad :(

@Beatoriche

Hecking wot? I no longer have a monopoly? I too have no idea how they're making their sponsor system work because the simulator is purely an RNG and has no option for users to determine what happens, and especially cannot be altered if the simulation has already started. I've asked JayFeather88 about it but they haven't responded yet. While I would love to introduce a way of interacting with your tributes during the Games, it's just not possible with this simulator. Something I want to do but don't have the skills required is to program my own simulator with proper stats, inventories, player sponsors and the ability to trigger Arena Events. There would be tribute stats, breed-specific events/stats and the items that tribute collect actually affect things. This would be so that dragons that are really intelligent in their lore don't do something completely stupid in the games, and we don't have occurrences such as:
--BLOODBATH--

55419171p.png
Grimm shoves as much food into a backpack before running away.

--DAY 1--

55419171p.png
Grimm starves to death.
So if I ever get that going, it'd be rad. However, I do enjoy getting out-of-place events and forcing them to work.

So, I am looking in to how Jayfeather88 is doing it, and I'll see how I can incorporate it into the Games next June and all those in the future.

@Islet @The Hunger Games

Speaking of the Games next June, Beatoriche is right, being the 10th Hunger Games, that means they'll be the second Square-Root Quarter Quell! For the uninitiated, that means 48 tributes wile be entered instead of the usual 12. Additionally, I see that some people prefer submitting two tributes each, and I personally like that better as well, so we will be bring that back! If you're participating in the next games you can submit either one or two dragons. Furthermore, while trying to dissect the simulator to figure out how you could make player sponsors work, I discovered that there is an experimental updated simulator which is more flexible, and allows you to name and change the number of districts! So I am very eager to use that next time. I'll be using the same pinglist I'm using here, so don't worry about remembering to come back.

See you next June!
LENdbij.png
congratulations to laurel and essence!! it seems that you can indeed win fights with your own wits (and, of course, strength, but i’d argue it relied quite a lot on laurel’s wits)
congratulations to laurel and essence!! it seems that you can indeed win fights with your own wits (and, of course, strength, but i’d argue it relied quite a lot on laurel’s wits)
Hbjyi41.gif
Hbjyi41.gif
Hbjyi41.gif
MB92Vfc.png
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to anyone who celebrates, see y’all in June! :)
Next one sounds exciting!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to anyone who celebrates, see y’all in June! :)
Next one sounds exciting!
kitty.pngMy Pfp Dragon | Bandi: frozen, lore:UiWD6.gif
I’ll figure out what else to add here later
Awww I'm a few days late but CHRYS IM SO PROUD OF YOU YOU MADE IT INTO THE TOP FOUR
Your only fault was being so trusting

Anyways congratulations to Laurel for winning, and happy new year!
Awww I'm a few days late but CHRYS IM SO PROUD OF YOU YOU MADE IT INTO THE TOP FOUR
Your only fault was being so trusting

Anyways congratulations to Laurel for winning, and happy new year!
FR time + 3 FbBE7dN.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16