Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Hunger Games December 2023 (Closed)
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
@Dartist @Islet @pinglist-14040 It's raining. A completely miserable day. Everyone's stuck under shelter waiting for it to clear up, even a little. The Gamemakers honestly did not expect the remaining tributes, who have been through so much already, to be so fearful of a little rain. Instead of being patient, they want results, here and now. So they trigger a mechanism inside each tribute's tracker, unleashing an irritant into their blood streams. Every single tribute is suddenly overcome with the most agonising, insanity enducing, stinging itch imaginable. Once they have everyone writhing on the floor, they turn it down a little so they'll have enough sanity to here their booming announcement over the loud speakers, "All remaining Tributes are invited to meet at the Cornucopia if they would like some relief." Itchy and sodden, they begrudgingly march to the Cornucopia. [b]Hunger[/b] and [b]Chrysochus[/b] are practically clawing their scales off when their old podiums enter their sights. [b]Petra[/b] and [b]Clay[/b] arrive around the same too, and a tension pr!cks the air as none of them are sure if the Gamemakers want them to fight or not. [b]Laurel[/b] is the last to arrive a few minutes later, but none of them catch a break from their trackers. [b]Laurel[/b] climbs on top of the Cornucopia and yells at the rain clouds, demanding the Gamemakers do something since they're here now. The Gamemakers correct him over the speaker, there's still one tribute unaccounted for, and they [i]all[/i] have to be present. [b]Ichor[/b] is taking the irritants like a champ and remains in her own shelter. She knows how this forced drama is going to end, and she wants no part of it. [b]Laurel[/b]'s pretty furious about this, and tells the Gamemakers to smite her or something, given that they're basically Gods. But the Gamemakers have a better idea, they instead command the tributes at the Cornucopia to hunt down [b]Ichor[/b], and [i]then[/i] they'll dispel the irritants. Of course, [b]Ichor[/b] hears this announcement. Her heart drops and she scrambles to her feet, panicking and trying to rapidly think of a plan. The other tributes moan and groan at how unnecessary this all is, but they hop to it regardless. [b]Laurel[/b] takes up the lead as he actually knows were [b]Ichor[/b] is, followed closely by [b]Hunger[/b] and [b]Petra[/b], while [b]Clay[/b] trails behind, furiously scratching at his tracker, and [b]Chrysochus[/b] brings up the rear so that they don't lose [b]Clay[/b] and have to search for him too. They arrive at [b]Ichor[/b]'s campsite. [b]Laurel[/b] marches into her shelter to strangle her, regretting that he spared her life the previous night. He finds that no one is home. This causes him to fly into a rage and tear down her whole shelter while screaming. [b]Petra[/b] restrains him and [b]Chrysochus[/b] grabs his face so he can look into his eyes. He speaks softly to calm him down, causing [b]Laurel[/b] to break down over how damn itchy he is. [b]Chrysochus[/b] gently reminds him that he's itchy too, They're all itchy, and they're all going to find [b]Ichor[/b], and they'll all find relief. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/IFAXuoa.jpeg[/img][/center]
@Dartist @Islet @The Hunger Games

It's raining. A completely miserable day. Everyone's stuck under shelter waiting for it to clear up, even a little. The Gamemakers honestly did not expect the remaining tributes, who have been through so much already, to be so fearful of a little rain. Instead of being patient, they want results, here and now. So they trigger a mechanism inside each tribute's tracker, unleashing an irritant into their blood streams. Every single tribute is suddenly overcome with the most agonising, insanity enducing, stinging itch imaginable. Once they have everyone writhing on the floor, they turn it down a little so they'll have enough sanity to here their booming announcement over the loud speakers, "All remaining Tributes are invited to meet at the Cornucopia if they would like some relief." Itchy and sodden, they begrudgingly march to the Cornucopia.

Hunger and Chrysochus are practically clawing their scales off when their old podiums enter their sights. Petra and Clay arrive around the same too, and a tension pr!cks the air as none of them are sure if the Gamemakers want them to fight or not. Laurel is the last to arrive a few minutes later, but none of them catch a break from their trackers. Laurel climbs on top of the Cornucopia and yells at the rain clouds, demanding the Gamemakers do something since they're here now. The Gamemakers correct him over the speaker, there's still one tribute unaccounted for, and they all have to be present. Ichor is taking the irritants like a champ and remains in her own shelter. She knows how this forced drama is going to end, and she wants no part of it. Laurel's pretty furious about this, and tells the Gamemakers to smite her or something, given that they're basically Gods. But the Gamemakers have a better idea, they instead command the tributes at the Cornucopia to hunt down Ichor, and then they'll dispel the irritants. Of course, Ichor hears this announcement. Her heart drops and she scrambles to her feet, panicking and trying to rapidly think of a plan. The other tributes moan and groan at how unnecessary this all is, but they hop to it regardless. Laurel takes up the lead as he actually knows were Ichor is, followed closely by Hunger and Petra, while Clay trails behind, furiously scratching at his tracker, and Chrysochus brings up the rear so that they don't lose Clay and have to search for him too. They arrive at Ichor's campsite. Laurel marches into her shelter to strangle her, regretting that he spared her life the previous night. He finds that no one is home. This causes him to fly into a rage and tear down her whole shelter while screaming. Petra restrains him and Chrysochus grabs his face so he can look into his eyes. He speaks softly to calm him down, causing Laurel to break down over how damn itchy he is. Chrysochus gently reminds him that he's itchy too, They're all itchy, and they're all going to find Ichor, and they'll all find relief.
IFAXuoa.jpeg
LENdbij.png
i'm getting so invested in this drama i can totally see everything laurel has done in this game being canon
i'm getting so invested in this drama i can totally see everything laurel has done in this game being canon
ytkEBod.png
FObX7rS.png
1WgaLgV.png
hWPjBUy.png
5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.png
37M5LiF.png
my name is essence, your local gay unicorn!
HHNwjaN.png
gFoIMov.png
@Storia

I'm glad you like it, I often dread writing things that completely goes against a dragon's character.
@Storia

I'm glad you like it, I often dread writing things that completely goes against a dragon's character.
LENdbij.png
@SockPuppet010 i loved all the writing you did! laurel is more of a blank state atm with only rough outline so you are helping me immensely by showing little details i haven't added lol. you are doing a great job [emoji=obelisk love size=1]
@SockPuppet010

i loved all the writing you did! laurel is more of a blank state atm with only rough outline so you are helping me immensely by showing little details i haven't added lol. you are doing a great job
ytkEBod.png
FObX7rS.png
1WgaLgV.png
hWPjBUy.png
5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.png
37M5LiF.png
HHNwjaN.png
gFoIMov.png
TFW literally the entire rest of the dragons are trying to hunt down yours
TFW literally the entire rest of the dragons are trying to hunt down yours
bYt72YT.pngzl1ZGZ2.pngzKTvGe0.png
h3pYUy6.png
73vKFNE.png6JxFimx.png
Redesigning signature sorry for the mess
WHAT is this alliance omg
WHAT is this alliance omg
NmS5GYp.png LRsHRNT.png b8wk9GD.png DtPHRBn.png
OH THE DRAMA /popcorn.gif
OH THE DRAMA /popcorn.gif
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
@Dartist @Islet @pinglist-14040 The rain clouds persist and the is sky getting darker. [b]Petra[/b] spots [b]Ichor[/b]'s tracks in the mud and they follow them with her in the lead and [b]Laurel[/b] close behind. The tracks lead them through the forest, around some rocks, through a thicket, and down to the river, which is now bursting it's banks. This is where the trail goes cold as the tracks get swallowed by the water without any evidence of reentry onto land. [b]Petra[/b]'s stumped here, and passes the torch onto the others. [b]Laurel[/b] wants to jump into the river, but [b]Chrysochus[/b] suggests they look extra closely for any disturbed sediment or plants where [b]Ichor[/b] could be hiding. [b]Hunger[/b] calls him stupid, citing that there is absolutely nothing that hints that [b]Ichor[/b] is still around. Instead, they need to head downstream. [b]Clay[/b] suggests there's no recovering her. A fight breaks out. With no one to tell him not to, [b]Laurel[/b] jumps into the river. The others notice him thrashing around as he gets swept away by the muddy torrents and chase him downstream. They do not know how far the Gamemaker's will move the goal posts if they lose him. His head begins to dip under the waves and the other tributes tear up the river banks trying to keep pace. they're all too focused on [b]Laurel[/b] to see where they're going, when [b]Clay[/b] trips over [b]Ichor[/b] hiding in some reeds. At least they've found her. She's hurt by the collision and limps to her feet, fleeing up the slope into the forest. [b]Clay, Petra[/b] and [b]Hunger[/b] want to sink their claws into [b]Ichor[/b], while [b]Chrysochus[/b] can see the unfairness in the Gamemakers forcing absolutely everyone else to gang up on her for merely trying to do exactly what she was supposed to; survive. He butts through the mob chasing her and runs with [b]Ichor[/b] to help her escape. As for [b]Laurel[/b], luckily he's able to catch himself on a large fallen tree, but he gets left behind. The Gamemakers turn off the irritant dispensers and announce that the tributes have completed their task and are free to go. [b]Laurel[/b] hauls himself onto stable ground and feels ripped off. What was even the point of all this? Meanwhile, [b]Chrysochus[/b] has helped [b]Ichor[/b] hide in a cave from the others. [b]Hunger[/b] finds them and he pleads with her not to hurt [b]Ichor[/b] or tell the others, since he firmly believes the Gamemakers forcefully pitting [b]Ichor[/b] at a disadvantage against five blood-thirsty dragons defeats the core value of the Hunger Games, and [b]Ichor[/b] deserves better. [b]Hunger[/b] looks at him funny, as she know that the core values of the games are control, division and fearmongering, but she just rolls with it because it really doesn't matter at this stage. Later, [b]Clay[/b] manages to find them too. Finally, he gets to use his scimitar. [b]Ichor[/b] was sitting at the mouth of the cave to have a moment to herself, when [b]Clay[/b] charges in. He strikes at her, not noticing [b]Hunger[/b] and [b]Chrysochus[/b] deeper in the cave. [b]Ichor[/b] yelps in shock and [b]Hunger[/b] comes running to her defense. She punches [b]Clay[/b] to the ground, causing him to snap his neck on some jagged rocks. However, he's still alive and paralyzed. [b]Hunger[/b] pities him while she picks up his scimitar and puts him out of his misery. [b]Hunger[/b] and [b]Ichor[/b] head to the back of the cave where they huddle for warmth with [b]Chrysochus[/b]. Elsewhere, [b]Petra[/b] has built a new camp for herself impressively quickly. She has even lit a fire despite everything being soaked through by the rain. [b]Laurel[/b] is left all alone. He coldly trudges through the forest to find shelter, and he spots the light of [b]Petra[/b]'s fire in the distance. He considers approaching and asking for shelter, but he assumes that everyone is back to wanting everyone else dead now that their temporary team up has come to an end. [b]Laurel[/b] trudges on. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/RlVxqdV.jpeg[/img][/center]

The rain clouds persist and the is sky getting darker. Petra spots Ichor's tracks in the mud and they follow them with her in the lead and Laurel close behind. The tracks lead them through the forest, around some rocks, through a thicket, and down to the river, which is now bursting it's banks. This is where the trail goes cold as the tracks get swallowed by the water without any evidence of reentry onto land. Petra's stumped here, and passes the torch onto the others. Laurel wants to jump into the river, but Chrysochus suggests they look extra closely for any disturbed sediment or plants where Ichor could be hiding. Hunger calls him stupid, citing that there is absolutely nothing that hints that Ichor is still around. Instead, they need to head downstream. Clay suggests there's no recovering her. A fight breaks out. With no one to tell him not to, Laurel jumps into the river. The others notice him thrashing around as he gets swept away by the muddy torrents and chase him downstream. They do not know how far the Gamemaker's will move the goal posts if they lose him. His head begins to dip under the waves and the other tributes tear up the river banks trying to keep pace. they're all too focused on Laurel to see where they're going, when Clay trips over Ichor hiding in some reeds. At least they've found her. She's hurt by the collision and limps to her feet, fleeing up the slope into the forest. Clay, Petra and Hunger want to sink their claws into Ichor, while Chrysochus can see the unfairness in the Gamemakers forcing absolutely everyone else to gang up on her for merely trying to do exactly what she was supposed to; survive. He butts through the mob chasing her and runs with Ichor to help her escape. As for Laurel, luckily he's able to catch himself on a large fallen tree, but he gets left behind. The Gamemakers turn off the irritant dispensers and announce that the tributes have completed their task and are free to go. Laurel hauls himself onto stable ground and feels ripped off. What was even the point of all this?

Meanwhile, Chrysochus has helped Ichor hide in a cave from the others. Hunger finds them and he pleads with her not to hurt Ichor or tell the others, since he firmly believes the Gamemakers forcefully pitting Ichor at a disadvantage against five blood-thirsty dragons defeats the core value of the Hunger Games, and Ichor deserves better. Hunger looks at him funny, as she know that the core values of the games are control, division and fearmongering, but she just rolls with it because it really doesn't matter at this stage. Later, Clay manages to find them too. Finally, he gets to use his scimitar. Ichor was sitting at the mouth of the cave to have a moment to herself, when Clay charges in. He strikes at her, not noticing Hunger and Chrysochus deeper in the cave. Ichor yelps in shock and Hunger comes running to her defense. She punches Clay to the ground, causing him to snap his neck on some jagged rocks. However, he's still alive and paralyzed. Hunger pities him while she picks up his scimitar and puts him out of his misery. Hunger and Ichor head to the back of the cave where they huddle for warmth with Chrysochus. Elsewhere, Petra has built a new camp for herself impressively quickly. She has even lit a fire despite everything being soaked through by the rain. Laurel is left all alone. He coldly trudges through the forest to find shelter, and he spots the light of Petra's fire in the distance. He considers approaching and asking for shelter, but he assumes that everyone is back to wanting everyone else dead now that their temporary team up has come to an end. Laurel trudges on.
RlVxqdV.jpeg
LENdbij.png
*fervently eats popcorn* this is exciting.
*fervently eats popcorn* this is exciting.
ytkEBod.png
FObX7rS.png
1WgaLgV.png
hWPjBUy.png
5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.png
37M5LiF.png
HHNwjaN.png
gFoIMov.png
@Dartist @Islet @pinglist-14040 The sun rises on the next day. The rain has stopped, but the clouds are still hanging around. [b]Hunger, Ichor[/b] and [b]Chrysochus[/b] decide to continue their alliance as long at they can. [b]Ichor[/b] suggest they return to her old camp where she abandoned her tools and shelter, and the others agree to do so. They pass [b]Petra[/b]'s came on the way, and a decision is made. Since the Games are getting tight, it's best that [b]Petra[/b] is dealt with as soon as possible. [b]Hunger[/b] is designated to do it, so she takes the scimitar, enters [b]Petra[/b]'s shelter and slices her throat while she sleeps. [b]Petra[/b] wakes up in shock, just in time to watch the blood pour from her neck with [b]Hunger[/b] standing over her. She tries to scream, but can only manage a small gurgle. Later, they make it to [b]Ichor[/b]'s old camp and rebuild her shelter, this time with enough room to fit all of them. [b]Ichor[/b] digs her trident out of a pile of leaves and going back to fishing. With not much else around to do, [b]Chrysochus[/b] climbs a tree to see where they are. He spots a column of smoke rising not too far away. He makes sure to tell [b]Hunger[/b] and [b]Ichor[/b], but none of them go to investigate. The smoke is coming from [b]Laurel[/b]'s fire. He had scrapped together just enough dry wood to start it, and now he is crafting spears. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/cZZMjvU.jpeg[/img][/center]

The sun rises on the next day. The rain has stopped, but the clouds are still hanging around. Hunger, Ichor and Chrysochus decide to continue their alliance as long at they can. Ichor suggest they return to her old camp where she abandoned her tools and shelter, and the others agree to do so. They pass Petra's came on the way, and a decision is made. Since the Games are getting tight, it's best that Petra is dealt with as soon as possible. Hunger is designated to do it, so she takes the scimitar, enters Petra's shelter and slices her throat while she sleeps. Petra wakes up in shock, just in time to watch the blood pour from her neck with Hunger standing over her. She tries to scream, but can only manage a small gurgle. Later, they make it to Ichor's old camp and rebuild her shelter, this time with enough room to fit all of them. Ichor digs her trident out of a pile of leaves and going back to fishing. With not much else around to do, Chrysochus climbs a tree to see where they are. He spots a column of smoke rising not too far away. He makes sure to tell Hunger and Ichor, but none of them go to investigate. The smoke is coming from Laurel's fire. He had scrapped together just enough dry wood to start it, and now he is crafting spears.
cZZMjvU.jpeg
LENdbij.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16