Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2023
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
[quote name="ILeft" date="2023-12-31 12:24:36" ] I don't understand why people are confused. "-" means "to". If you want to play technicalities, the banner should've meant that the event ended at 11:59pm on the 30th. The exact time it ended was the first item listed under "Event Details"... EVENT. DETAILS. It was right there. "From now until December 31, at 06:00 server time..." I don't get what was unclear about it. The server time is on the top left corner of the website, so you don't even have to do the math. [/quote] "-" Can actually mean both to [i]and[/i] through, which is exactly where the confusion comes in. (Plus sometimes people still use "to" to include the second date.) In my experience, most people, as well as games, use it to mean "through" when talking about dates, and "to" for times. For instance, usually a shop saying they're open 5am-2pm would mean they close at 2 pm, but them saying a sale runs from the 1st-5th would mean that the sale ends on closing time on the 5th. Clearly that isn't always the case, but it's my experience, and why I was personally confused by this. Iirc I read the original post, but I either missed the ending date and time being listed in the post, or completely forgot it, because I have trouble retaining information, so I went by my understanding of the dates on the banner.
ILeft wrote on 2023-12-31 12:24:36:
I don't understand why people are confused. "-" means "to". If you want to play technicalities, the banner should've meant that the event ended at 11:59pm on the 30th.

The exact time it ended was the first item listed under "Event Details"... EVENT. DETAILS. It was right there. "From now until December 31, at 06:00 server time..." I don't get what was unclear about it. The server time is on the top left corner of the website, so you don't even have to do the math.

"-" Can actually mean both to and through, which is exactly where the confusion comes in. (Plus sometimes people still use "to" to include the second date.)

In my experience, most people, as well as games, use it to mean "through" when talking about dates, and "to" for times.
For instance, usually a shop saying they're open 5am-2pm would mean they close at 2 pm, but them saying a sale runs from the 1st-5th would mean that the sale ends on closing time on the 5th.

Clearly that isn't always the case, but it's my experience, and why I was personally confused by this. Iirc I read the original post, but I either missed the ending date and time being listed in the post, or completely forgot it, because I have trouble retaining information, so I went by my understanding of the dates on the banner.
Thank you for the feature of being able to exchange for NotN goods on-demand from Higgens in Grand Exchange! That was always my personal grief with prior NotNs hoping the RNG on Swipp would have trades I was looking for.

For future NotNs, I would love to see the exchange ratios or combos switched around for chest swaps. I have well over 100 buttrocks and lenses, but maybe 20 books right now. I was checking Higgens daily, and hoping I'd have enough to swap for something after doing all my activities.
Also possibly more variety in utility for Mimic Powder, since I don't care for outfits and I spent all my Baldwin time preparing mats or making chests. Possibly some Mimic powder exchange options in Higgens for chests?
And also, probably in the banner or text blurb, include the time of 06:00 server time end of NotN. I was up past midnight last night winding down, and had I known I would have made one lass pass at my familiar collection to see if I could squeeze out a few more chests.

Overall, still enjoyed it. I appreciate all the eggs (that I use for selling, not hatching), and the Paisley/Fern genes are my new favorite, as they look great and a perfect quick fix for replacing a gene I didn't want on a dragon.

Now to brew down all these excess familiars to restock my Baldwin mats!
Thank you for the feature of being able to exchange for NotN goods on-demand from Higgens in Grand Exchange! That was always my personal grief with prior NotNs hoping the RNG on Swipp would have trades I was looking for.

For future NotNs, I would love to see the exchange ratios or combos switched around for chest swaps. I have well over 100 buttrocks and lenses, but maybe 20 books right now. I was checking Higgens daily, and hoping I'd have enough to swap for something after doing all my activities.
Also possibly more variety in utility for Mimic Powder, since I don't care for outfits and I spent all my Baldwin time preparing mats or making chests. Possibly some Mimic powder exchange options in Higgens for chests?
And also, probably in the banner or text blurb, include the time of 06:00 server time end of NotN. I was up past midnight last night winding down, and had I known I would have made one lass pass at my familiar collection to see if I could squeeze out a few more chests.

Overall, still enjoyed it. I appreciate all the eggs (that I use for selling, not hatching), and the Paisley/Fern genes are my new favorite, as they look great and a perfect quick fix for replacing a gene I didn't want on a dragon.

Now to brew down all these excess familiars to restock my Baldwin mats!
84si1j.png
I see I'm not the only person who was unfortunately mistaken about the last day of the event. Hopefully, I remember this next year.
I see I'm not the only person who was unfortunately mistaken about the last day of the event. Hopefully, I remember this next year.
i was also misled by the banner. :( i agree that the end date being the 31st implies that the event ends at the end of the day on the 31st.
i was also misled by the banner. :( i agree that the end date being the 31st implies that the event ends at the end of the day on the 31st.
3h66iSk.png

-he/they
-+1 fr time
Forgot to do the chest exchanges as I thought i'd be able to do them all of today. Guess not [emoji=nocturne sad size=2]
Forgot to do the chest exchanges as I thought i'd be able to do them all of today. Guess not
djAPICb.giftz8AK6D.pngtMGni6J.pngoY137o1.pngtz8AK6D.pngdjAPICb.gif
Glad I'm not alone about this -- events are scarce as they are, so ending them on the morning of and not evening of like how most would intuit is a bit disappointing! I was happy with the event overall, but in general I do think there's more conversation to be had about the length of events (outside of NotN) and when they end.

Having one event a month and it only going for a week on-average makes FR feel pretty empty most of the time, and makes events almost stressful because of the short time-limit put on them.
Glad I'm not alone about this -- events are scarce as they are, so ending them on the morning of and not evening of like how most would intuit is a bit disappointing! I was happy with the event overall, but in general I do think there's more conversation to be had about the length of events (outside of NotN) and when they end.

Having one event a month and it only going for a week on-average makes FR feel pretty empty most of the time, and makes events almost stressful because of the short time-limit put on them.
I too thought I had today to collect chests and exchange stuff even though I've been on this site for a decade

Oh well, I should've known better lol
I too thought I had today to collect chests and exchange stuff even though I've been on this site for a decade

Oh well, I should've known better lol
While it may be the habit of all Flight Rising events to end at 6 am server time on the last day listed, I have always found that decision frustrating. I've been here since the original launch and it still feels awkward to me. When glancing at event banners, the final date listed implies to me that you will have that full day to participate.

The information that things end at 6 am server time is absolutely made clear in event posts, but as this practice is something I have only ever encountered here, it is easy to fall back on the assumption that events will end at 11:59 pm server time. I wish they did!

I fell into this trap again for NOTN 2023 and was looking forward to spending today involved with the event. Just glad the chests didn't all fizzle out today too.
While it may be the habit of all Flight Rising events to end at 6 am server time on the last day listed, I have always found that decision frustrating. I've been here since the original launch and it still feels awkward to me. When glancing at event banners, the final date listed implies to me that you will have that full day to participate.

The information that things end at 6 am server time is absolutely made clear in event posts, but as this practice is something I have only ever encountered here, it is easy to fall back on the assumption that events will end at 11:59 pm server time. I wish they did!

I fell into this trap again for NOTN 2023 and was looking forward to spending today involved with the event. Just glad the chests didn't all fizzle out today too.
this was the first time ive joined in with notn and was also confused when i opened fr on the 31st and everything was gone- i should have read the details, but i assumed it meant up to and including the 31st :'D i'll know for next time! coli has scared me since i joined but this year i bought a level 25 dragon (to make my life easier) and trained up some other dragons i had.. and it was fun! i got about 2k gems (which ive gathered is nothing for people who know what theyre doing LOL) but thats so many to me, im really proud!! now to work out what to do with a million familiars worth 3 gem... maybe now i need to get into baldwins ':3 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47365286][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/473653/47365286_350.png[/img][/url] here's the dragon i used this year!! i love him
this was the first time ive joined in with notn and was also confused when i opened fr on the 31st and everything was gone- i should have read the details, but i assumed it meant up to and including the 31st :'D i'll know for next time!

coli has scared me since i joined but this year i bought a level 25 dragon (to make my life easier) and trained up some other dragons i had.. and it was fun! i got about 2k gems (which ive gathered is nothing for people who know what theyre doing LOL) but thats so many to me, im really proud!!

now to work out what to do with a million familiars worth 3 gem... maybe now i need to get into baldwins ':3

47365286_350.png

here's the dragon i used this year!! i love him
eepy
i was planning to most of my grinding today because the banner clearly stated december 31st. i was about to file a bug report about not getting anything in coli. this is incredibly frustrating
i was planning to most of my grinding today because the banner clearly stated december 31st. i was about to file a bug report about not getting anything in coli. this is incredibly frustrating
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53