Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2023
I've been here long enough that I should have known it ended at roll over today not at the end of the 31st. But I still forgot and had to scramble to buy a few things after the event ended.

It was still over all a good Night of the Nocturne. Looking forward to next years Night of the Nocturne already, as always.
I've been here long enough that I should have known it ended at roll over today not at the end of the 31st. But I still forgot and had to scramble to buy a few things after the event ended.

It was still over all a good Night of the Nocturne. Looking forward to next years Night of the Nocturne already, as always.
84902117.png1422796.png 3073204.png 8428246.png 6003887.png
Putting my support in for either events to end at maintenance time or have it at least be listed on the banner itself as 6:00am server time, I was also confused...
Putting my support in for either events to end at maintenance time or have it at least be listed on the banner itself as 6:00am server time, I was also confused...
im too lazy to fix this rn
[quote name="ILeft" date="2023-12-31 12:24:36" ] I don't understand why people are confused. "-" means "to". If you want to play technicalities, the banner should've meant that the event ended at 11:59pm on the 30th. The exact time it ended was the first item listed under "Event Details"... EVENT. DETAILS. It was right there. "From now until December 31, at 06:00 server time..." I don't get what was unclear about it. The server time is on the top left corner of the website, so you don't even have to do the math. [/quote] Agreed. I was initially confused as to when exactly the event ended.. so I checked the full post to make sure. The fact that a lot of you didn't check isn't anyone's fault except yours, to be blunt. The banner isn't misleading, it's just not comprehensive enough for people who aren't aware of how and when events end. In which I do agree that the exact time should be noted in the banner itself to avoid confusion regardless. The argument that FR is "punishing" people with incompatible timezones is extremely silly considering the fact that it's impossible to accommodate each and every timezone out there with one date and time. You could use that argument for pretty much any and everything that's limited-time based, ya dig?
ILeft wrote on 2023-12-31 12:24:36:
I don't understand why people are confused. "-" means "to". If you want to play technicalities, the banner should've meant that the event ended at 11:59pm on the 30th.

The exact time it ended was the first item listed under "Event Details"... EVENT. DETAILS. It was right there. "From now until December 31, at 06:00 server time..." I don't get what was unclear about it. The server time is on the top left corner of the website, so you don't even have to do the math.

Agreed.

I was initially confused as to when exactly the event ended.. so I checked the full post to make sure. The fact that a lot of you didn't check isn't anyone's fault except yours, to be blunt. The banner isn't misleading, it's just not comprehensive enough for people who aren't aware of how and when events end. In which I do agree that the exact time should be noted in the banner itself to avoid confusion regardless.

The argument that FR is "punishing" people with incompatible timezones is extremely silly considering the fact that it's impossible to accommodate each and every timezone out there with one date and time. You could use that argument for pretty much any and everything that's limited-time based, ya dig?
CPbqbzR.png
[quote name="corpsive" date="2023-12-31 18:05:47" ] I was initially confused as to when exactly the event ended.. so I checked the full post to make sure. The fact that a lot of you didn't check isn't anyone's fault except yours, to be blunt. [/quote] I mean, to be fair with that, you say yourself that you checked because you were confused by it. If people didn't [i]think[/i] they were confused because they thought they understood based on the banner alone, they would have no reason to check for the specific end date, because they already thought they knew it. Edit: Also, I think the timezone argument is more about the fact that events end partway into the day. When you have a final 24 hours, people regardless of timezone will have times that they're able to be on, whereas when there's an extra 6 hours, only people who have timezones that line up with those 6 hours properly or that is up at weird times will be able to take advantage of those 6 hours, so that does give those people a bit of an extra advantage.
corpsive wrote on 2023-12-31 18:05:47:
I was initially confused as to when exactly the event ended.. so I checked the full post to make sure. The fact that a lot of you didn't check isn't anyone's fault except yours, to be blunt.

I mean, to be fair with that, you say yourself that you checked because you were confused by it. If people didn't think they were confused because they thought they understood based on the banner alone, they would have no reason to check for the specific end date, because they already thought they knew it.

Edit: Also, I think the timezone argument is more about the fact that events end partway into the day. When you have a final 24 hours, people regardless of timezone will have times that they're able to be on, whereas when there's an extra 6 hours, only people who have timezones that line up with those 6 hours properly or that is up at weird times will be able to take advantage of those 6 hours, so that does give those people a bit of an extra advantage.
[quote name="Enbees" date="2023-12-31 18:44:56" ] [quote name="corpsive" date="2023-12-31 18:05:47" ] I was initially confused as to when exactly the event ended.. so I checked the full post to make sure. The fact that a lot of you didn't check isn't anyone's fault except yours, to be blunt. [/quote] I mean, to be fair with that, you say yourself that you checked because you were confused by it. If people didn't [i]think[/i] they were confused because they thought they understood based on the banner alone, they would have no reason to check for the specific end date, because they already thought they knew it. Edit: Also, I think the timezone argument is more about the fact that events end partway into the day. When you have a final 24 hours, people regardless of timezone will have times that they're able to be on, whereas when there's an extra 6 hours, only people who have timezones that line up with those 6 hours properly or that is up at weird times will be able to take advantage of those 6 hours, so that does give those people a bit of an extra advantage. [/quote] There is no reason to believe the event would have ended at rollover time as there has never been an indication any event would other than newbie assumption. Also, those extra 6 hours are based entirely on arbitrary choice and otherwise have no effect on the player unless you personally choose to take advantage of it, just like how you mention "people who.. is up at weird times". It's just a safety net. Speaking as someone who would have to stay up from 1 AM to 7 AM to take advantage of those extra hours, it doesn't negatively affect me to not be able to just as much as it wouldn't affect me when I'm unable to play from 12-24 server time. You just need to take mental note to finish the event off when you're able to, regardless of whether or not you'd be up reasonably during the extra hours. Completely unrelated but I want to thank the FR team for adding sum clock-related/like apparel. Exactly what I needed for my fandragon needs.
Enbees wrote on 2023-12-31 18:44:56:
corpsive wrote on 2023-12-31 18:05:47:
I was initially confused as to when exactly the event ended.. so I checked the full post to make sure. The fact that a lot of you didn't check isn't anyone's fault except yours, to be blunt.

I mean, to be fair with that, you say yourself that you checked because you were confused by it. If people didn't think they were confused because they thought they understood based on the banner alone, they would have no reason to check for the specific end date, because they already thought they knew it.

Edit: Also, I think the timezone argument is more about the fact that events end partway into the day. When you have a final 24 hours, people regardless of timezone will have times that they're able to be on, whereas when there's an extra 6 hours, only people who have timezones that line up with those 6 hours properly or that is up at weird times will be able to take advantage of those 6 hours, so that does give those people a bit of an extra advantage.

There is no reason to believe the event would have ended at rollover time as there has never been an indication any event would other than newbie assumption.

Also, those extra 6 hours are based entirely on arbitrary choice and otherwise have no effect on the player unless you personally choose to take advantage of it, just like how you mention "people who.. is up at weird times". It's just a safety net. Speaking as someone who would have to stay up from 1 AM to 7 AM to take advantage of those extra hours, it doesn't negatively affect me to not be able to just as much as it wouldn't affect me when I'm unable to play from 12-24 server time.
You just need to take mental note to finish the event off when you're able to, regardless of whether or not you'd be up reasonably during the extra hours.

Completely unrelated but I want to thank the FR team for adding sum clock-related/like apparel. Exactly what I needed for my fandragon needs.
CPbqbzR.png
i feel like a lot of this could be solved by reading the thread (after all, not all information can be contained in a teeny banner). i think a solution would be to implement the time in the front-page description so that people don't have to read through a lot of text to see the end date.
i feel like a lot of this could be solved by reading the thread (after all, not all information can be contained in a teeny banner). i think a solution would be to implement the time in the front-page description so that people don't have to read through a lot of text to see the end date.
73777054_X9QsO81F5wgP1li.gif
i don't have anything to promote. hi
[emoji=nocturne happy size=1] My first time joining & experiencing NoTN and I had a lot of fun with my friends!!! I look forward to the next one this year (and the following events too) [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
My first time joining & experiencing NoTN and I had a lot of fun with my friends!!! I look forward to the next one this year (and the following events too)
I was wondering why I wasn't finding anything. Having a clock that says the event ends at a certain time instead of a certain day would be nice in the future.

Like the Raffle countdown clock would be awesome for an event!

But I had a ton of fun with the event! I look forward to the next one.
I was wondering why I wasn't finding anything. Having a clock that says the event ends at a certain time instead of a certain day would be nice in the future.

Like the Raffle countdown clock would be awesome for an event!

But I had a ton of fun with the event! I look forward to the next one.
My chest isn't disappearing?
SniperTf2! :3
She/Her :D
https://tamanotchi.world/10875c
[quote name="SniperTf2" date="2024-01-01 11:45:57" ] My chest isn't disappearing? [/quote] [size=2]they disintegrate on 3rd of January, 6:00 server time[/size]
SniperTf2 wrote on 2024-01-01 11:45:57:
they disintegrate on 3rd of January, 6:00 server time
banner by fellefan