Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opening 15k+ Chests for SCIENCE!
1 2 3 4
@NovaChrome

If we're talking casual play? Loose and undefined, yes a stack of nocturne eggs is going to be out of reach.

With NotN being 15 days long, 9% egg chance per chest, effective grinding rate of 27 chests per hour in the Coliseum: we're talking just under 20 hours a week of Coliseum grinding to get a stack of eggs.

So it's doable, and some people will grind up 2 stacks of eggs and more, but we're not talking casual play; that's full-time job territory for 2 stacks, and overtime to go beyond.

Also, this ignores other self-obtained chest sources, which I presume some are more time efficient, but I can't confirm that without numbers I haven't seen.
@NovaChrome

If we're talking casual play? Loose and undefined, yes a stack of nocturne eggs is going to be out of reach.

With NotN being 15 days long, 9% egg chance per chest, effective grinding rate of 27 chests per hour in the Coliseum: we're talking just under 20 hours a week of Coliseum grinding to get a stack of eggs.

So it's doable, and some people will grind up 2 stacks of eggs and more, but we're not talking casual play; that's full-time job territory for 2 stacks, and overtime to go beyond.

Also, this ignores other self-obtained chest sources, which I presume some are more time efficient, but I can't confirm that without numbers I haven't seen.
...smirch scrolls...
...smirch scrolls...
thank you for posting this!! it's always fascinating to see data o:
thank you for posting this!! it's always fascinating to see data o:
6mWOUG0.png
[quote name="NovaChrome" date="2023-12-20 19:48:12" ] Just having 8 eggs currently, I was proud of myself... You not only have a stack of eggs, but you HAVE ENOUGH TO HATCH ONE A DAY FOR FOUR YEARS. Why is RNG pixel dragon generator sim locked behind a paywall? (/silly) No but seriously even 99 as a stack baffles me. Am I just poor or is it not normal to actually afford things? [/quote] I'll be honest, this was like [i]3 years[/i] worth of work to get the treasure needed to even partly tackle this. Most of my luck this year was keeping an eye on the ebb and flow of daily dragon prices depending on time of day, converting a percentage of treasure into gems to specifically buy baby dragons at lower prices [if you're going with a 1:1000 gem ratio] and the amount of dominance battles this year and timing when dragons would grow up at peak sales times during [i]said [/i]battles or pushes [generally Tuesday/Wednesday!] And even then, most of the gems used was from egg sales from previous years, after waiting for the average price per nocturne egg to go up. And even [i]then[/i], due to other circumstances I've generally been stuck at home! Gotta do something in order to keep up sanity, and I gotta save my wrist for drawing stuff, sooooo...
NovaChrome wrote on 2023-12-20 19:48:12:
Just having 8 eggs currently, I was proud of myself...
You not only have a stack of eggs, but you HAVE ENOUGH TO HATCH ONE A DAY FOR FOUR YEARS.

Why is RNG pixel dragon generator sim locked behind a paywall? (/silly)

No but seriously even 99 as a stack baffles me. Am I just poor or is it not normal to actually afford things?

I'll be honest, this was like 3 years worth of work to get the treasure needed to even partly tackle this.

Most of my luck this year was keeping an eye on the ebb and flow of daily dragon prices depending on time of day, converting a percentage of treasure into gems to specifically buy baby dragons at lower prices [if you're going with a 1:1000 gem ratio] and the amount of dominance battles this year and timing when dragons would grow up at peak sales times during said battles or pushes [generally Tuesday/Wednesday!]

And even then, most of the gems used was from egg sales from previous years, after waiting for the average price per nocturne egg to go up.

And even then, due to other circumstances I've generally been stuck at home! Gotta do something in order to keep up sanity, and I gotta save my wrist for drawing stuff, sooooo...
A little late, but an update for today. Eggs maintain their 7% average.

Might be a bit before the next update, I'm in charge of Christmas Cooking ^^
A little late, but an update for today. Eggs maintain their 7% average.

Might be a bit before the next update, I'm in charge of Christmas Cooking ^^
Small update!

I got my Familiars numbers all mixed up while trying to sell some adult dragons -_-

In order not to mess up my current numbers, I'll be calling it at the current run I have at the moment, and will be doing full calculations from here!
Small update!

I got my Familiars numbers all mixed up while trying to sell some adult dragons -_-

In order not to mess up my current numbers, I'll be calling it at the current run I have at the moment, and will be doing full calculations from here!
damn, that is a mind boggling number of chests! all for some awesome data tho :D
damn, that is a mind boggling number of chests! all for some awesome data tho :D
UBaiWUV.png
Pgv53XB.png
cFHVk5Q.png
HugYtfH.png
×××× sushi ghoul - they/them - i identify as tired ××××
gem sales thread | sushi's ghouls - hatchery
semi-hiatus
lair revamp sales thread (upcoming)
mlHpBMC.png
ZwbGqUa.png
omKpPgG.png
qeWy3Ik.png
All this just for me? [emoji=sandsurge star size=2] jk. thanks for posting results. The Boss is proud!
All this just for me?

jk. thanks for posting results. The Boss is proud!
b6b79395300f38d126815a735af03192.pngtumblr_nkoy2v68mq1sjcj33o1_250.gif
This is a good list! Pretty indicative of what I got
This is a good list! Pretty indicative of what I got
The big haul is real. Enjoy your eggs - there's so, so many!
The big haul is real. Enjoy your eggs - there's so, so many!
Plague Wishlist ProgramThe Soup Hatchery
1 2 3 4