Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | timeless, deathless, boundless // 1x1
1 2 3 4
It is 2am and I wrote a response which got deleted and I am TOO ANNOYED AND SAD >:,( to rewrite it right now but don't want to leave you in silent limbo still. Will rewrite in the morning!
It is 2am and I wrote a response which got deleted and I am TOO ANNOYED AND SAD >:,( to rewrite it right now but don't want to leave you in silent limbo still. Will rewrite in the morning!
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
Aww, that sucks. Having to rewrite your replies feels bad, especially when you've stayed up to write them. :,( Take your time and don't rush yourself.
Aww, that sucks. Having to rewrite your replies feels bad, especially when you've stayed up to write them. :,( Take your time and don't rush yourself.
My Post: Update 2.0

"And you don't look like the recently dead," Janek answered back. "You are right, though. I am not a doctor."

Eyeing Dante, Janek slid further into the room. The door caught on the arm extension to cushion the sound of it closing, and it eased gently shut. This part of the hospital was very quiet, and Janek wasn't sure anymore if the silence was something he enjoyed.

"My name is Janek, I have been assigned as your guardian given your recent experience. Do you recall any of it?" This was the script Janek was expected to give, and he had no reason to do otherwise. Allegedly, it kept the victim away from the trauma of their memory, away from the recent brush with death. Not that Janek knew much about this sort of thing, given that he was the one that usually gave such death to others.

But Janek was here now, not just on this job but standing before someone who he was supposed to protect. This meant finding out what happened, and the information he had on that was limited. He was told about the method used, about where Dante had been found, but as for the why? The who? Nothing. That information was in Dante's head, if anywhere.

Janek eyed the head in question, bright eyes peering back at him with a halo of night light around him. The red coat was a startling colour in the sea of white, and Janek was intrigued by its presence. He supposed being a renowned scientist was one way of getting hospital privileges.
My Post: Update 2.0

"And you don't look like the recently dead," Janek answered back. "You are right, though. I am not a doctor."

Eyeing Dante, Janek slid further into the room. The door caught on the arm extension to cushion the sound of it closing, and it eased gently shut. This part of the hospital was very quiet, and Janek wasn't sure anymore if the silence was something he enjoyed.

"My name is Janek, I have been assigned as your guardian given your recent experience. Do you recall any of it?" This was the script Janek was expected to give, and he had no reason to do otherwise. Allegedly, it kept the victim away from the trauma of their memory, away from the recent brush with death. Not that Janek knew much about this sort of thing, given that he was the one that usually gave such death to others.

But Janek was here now, not just on this job but standing before someone who he was supposed to protect. This meant finding out what happened, and the information he had on that was limited. He was told about the method used, about where Dante had been found, but as for the why? The who? Nothing. That information was in Dante's head, if anywhere.

Janek eyed the head in question, bright eyes peering back at him with a halo of night light around him. The red coat was a startling colour in the sea of white, and Janek was intrigued by its presence. He supposed being a renowned scientist was one way of getting hospital privileges.
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
Dante has officially opened his mouth lol.

Despite the shadow of assassination hanging over his head, Dante acts as if he's entirely unconcerned with the possibility of a repeat attempt, instead preoccupying himself with inspecting the other's name tag. After all, while he can't condemn his attacker's capability too much—they did come rather close to succeeding, after all—Dante hardly believes that the other has the ability to slink past the security.

And oh, it seems like this guy's actually part of that security, with the personality to actually make it enjoyable too.

"I suppose I should be thankful for that," Dante responds, "given that they firebombed my apartment and you don't seem like the nurturing type."

The questioning is much less thought-provoking. "I didn't see the attacker face-to-face for long," he says, "but there should be a recording of some sort."

He opens the newly delivered phone on the bedside counter, and though absence of the Thunderhead briefly confounds him, when realization strikes and he looks up at Janek, satisfaction is clear in the curve of his eyes.

"You're the one who's gonna help me catch them vandals, huh," Dante says, and he extends a hand, lips arranging themselves in a pleasant smile. "It's a pleasure working with you, Janek."

Even as he speaks, golden eyes fixed on the other's green, his other hand makes quick work of logging in to his email and pulling up a video from the security feed. Before the offer to shake can be taken, he flicks the device forward between his fingers.

A hooded figure with a slim, nondescript build paths toward Dante as he exits the building. Though their gender and age is hard to determine with the footage available, a note reports their height to be around 5'6".

At that moment, the scientist pauses the video with a quick tap. "Aside from that, I also remember seeing short black hair," he adds.
Dante has officially opened his mouth lol.

Despite the shadow of assassination hanging over his head, Dante acts as if he's entirely unconcerned with the possibility of a repeat attempt, instead preoccupying himself with inspecting the other's name tag. After all, while he can't condemn his attacker's capability too much—they did come rather close to succeeding, after all—Dante hardly believes that the other has the ability to slink past the security.

And oh, it seems like this guy's actually part of that security, with the personality to actually make it enjoyable too.

"I suppose I should be thankful for that," Dante responds, "given that they firebombed my apartment and you don't seem like the nurturing type."

The questioning is much less thought-provoking. "I didn't see the attacker face-to-face for long," he says, "but there should be a recording of some sort."

He opens the newly delivered phone on the bedside counter, and though absence of the Thunderhead briefly confounds him, when realization strikes and he looks up at Janek, satisfaction is clear in the curve of his eyes.

"You're the one who's gonna help me catch them vandals, huh," Dante says, and he extends a hand, lips arranging themselves in a pleasant smile. "It's a pleasure working with you, Janek."

Even as he speaks, golden eyes fixed on the other's green, his other hand makes quick work of logging in to his email and pulling up a video from the security feed. Before the offer to shake can be taken, he flicks the device forward between his fingers.

A hooded figure with a slim, nondescript build paths toward Dante as he exits the building. Though their gender and age is hard to determine with the footage available, a note reports their height to be around 5'6".

At that moment, the scientist pauses the video with a quick tap. "Aside from that, I also remember seeing short black hair," he adds.
Janek: okay now close it again

The scientist was a strange sort. Janek found himself frowning in the slight imperceptible way he often did, just the edges turned down a hair. Dante moved with a great deal of purpose, which Janek supposed was at least preferred to timid uncertainty. If his charge had been the crying sort, Janek might have had to throw in the towel on his career as a Scythe.

“I am assigned to locate the assassin,” Janek replied back, eyeing the extended hand before it was subsequently removed. “And ensure a second attempt isn’t made.” Dante’s phone was a familiar model, and the scientist poked at it with quick ease.

The video confirmed the little Janek knew, but the visual was a great aid. The perpetrator was aware of the cameras, aware they needed to exercise caution. “Not a mindless attack, then,” Janek murmured, studying the now frozen image of the perpetrator. Not some crazed lunatic who had burst in with only a thirst for violence and little care of where that violence was extended. This was thought out, which Janek imagined made the most sense. People like Dante weren’t often the victim to mindless attacks, but purposeful ones.

“This will be helpful. With your permission, I would like access to the footage of your home.” Without Dante awake, Janek hadn’t been allowed to, given that law enforcement and Scythes weren’t exactly the same. Despite the unusual layout of this assignment, it didn’t allow Janek clearance to private residential security. The power of being a Scythe only extended so far. “It’d be an ideal place to start my investigation. In the meantime, the suggestion is to spend further time here in the hospital, even though you are cleared to leave. There’s a worry that your home is no longer the best place to protect you.”

Janek tried to deliver the words with empathy, as that was something he was told he tended to lack when speaking. Yet, to Janek’s ears, the words were delivered just as flatly as usual.
Janek: okay now close it again

The scientist was a strange sort. Janek found himself frowning in the slight imperceptible way he often did, just the edges turned down a hair. Dante moved with a great deal of purpose, which Janek supposed was at least preferred to timid uncertainty. If his charge had been the crying sort, Janek might have had to throw in the towel on his career as a Scythe.

“I am assigned to locate the assassin,” Janek replied back, eyeing the extended hand before it was subsequently removed. “And ensure a second attempt isn’t made.” Dante’s phone was a familiar model, and the scientist poked at it with quick ease.

The video confirmed the little Janek knew, but the visual was a great aid. The perpetrator was aware of the cameras, aware they needed to exercise caution. “Not a mindless attack, then,” Janek murmured, studying the now frozen image of the perpetrator. Not some crazed lunatic who had burst in with only a thirst for violence and little care of where that violence was extended. This was thought out, which Janek imagined made the most sense. People like Dante weren’t often the victim to mindless attacks, but purposeful ones.

“This will be helpful. With your permission, I would like access to the footage of your home.” Without Dante awake, Janek hadn’t been allowed to, given that law enforcement and Scythes weren’t exactly the same. Despite the unusual layout of this assignment, it didn’t allow Janek clearance to private residential security. The power of being a Scythe only extended so far. “It’d be an ideal place to start my investigation. In the meantime, the suggestion is to spend further time here in the hospital, even though you are cleared to leave. There’s a worry that your home is no longer the best place to protect you.”

Janek tried to deliver the words with empathy, as that was something he was told he tended to lack when speaking. Yet, to Janek’s ears, the words were delivered just as flatly as usual.
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
Dante would never hahah. Janek's stuck baby-sitting him now. :,)

"Of course," Dante says, approving the request for footage with a blasé wave of his hand. "I'll get you whatever you want if it can get the case processed a little faster." A nonchalant certainty accompanies his words, his promise. After all, with his ranking in the city, what reason does he have to be reserved? There's no way he'll be denied a request for resources, especially not when things have already escalated to this level.

He's a genius. Even if the higher-ups find him distasteful, it's impossible for all of them to allow him to be assassinated, especially under their banner of protection. Knowing that he's been granted immunity and assaulting him anyways, his attacker has got another thing coming. Something greatly deserved, at that.

Of course, that guarantee of cooperation depends one thing: Dante's opinion.

"I'm not staying in the hospital," the scientist says, tone unoffended despite his blunt refusal. After all, if he stays here, there'll be nothing to do, and despite the eternity on his hands, he would rather not waste weeks laying around.

"It might draw the attacker out," he reasons, as if it's a logical decision instead of an impulsive one made with the courage granted by his promise of immortality. "Maybe it'll also help me recovery some memory of the attack or a suspicious passerby." Of course, this skill-less deceit that follows, so dreadful that the very act of stating it bold, makes his motive plenty obvious. The too-pleased curve of his lips doesn't help either.

"Besides, I'll be fine if I stay beside you," Janek is a Scythe, after all. He can protect him just fine while they search. But, he's not that reckless, so he'll make a compromise. "I'll return to the hospital after the day is done," Dante says.
Dante would never hahah. Janek's stuck baby-sitting him now. :,)

"Of course," Dante says, approving the request for footage with a blasé wave of his hand. "I'll get you whatever you want if it can get the case processed a little faster." A nonchalant certainty accompanies his words, his promise. After all, with his ranking in the city, what reason does he have to be reserved? There's no way he'll be denied a request for resources, especially not when things have already escalated to this level.

He's a genius. Even if the higher-ups find him distasteful, it's impossible for all of them to allow him to be assassinated, especially under their banner of protection. Knowing that he's been granted immunity and assaulting him anyways, his attacker has got another thing coming. Something greatly deserved, at that.

Of course, that guarantee of cooperation depends one thing: Dante's opinion.

"I'm not staying in the hospital," the scientist says, tone unoffended despite his blunt refusal. After all, if he stays here, there'll be nothing to do, and despite the eternity on his hands, he would rather not waste weeks laying around.

"It might draw the attacker out," he reasons, as if it's a logical decision instead of an impulsive one made with the courage granted by his promise of immortality. "Maybe it'll also help me recovery some memory of the attack or a suspicious passerby." Of course, this skill-less deceit that follows, so dreadful that the very act of stating it bold, makes his motive plenty obvious. The too-pleased curve of his lips doesn't help either.

"Besides, I'll be fine if I stay beside you," Janek is a Scythe, after all. He can protect him just fine while they search. But, he's not that reckless, so he'll make a compromise. "I'll return to the hospital after the day is done," Dante says.
As it begins to dawn on Janek how much work this is actually gonna be lol

Janek frowned slightly at Dante's response. His gaze flicked down to the others hands, as if trying to gauge how much of a nuisance Dante could be if Janek forced him to stay in the room. "Just because you are not destined to die now does not mean the work required to keep you alive is easily sacrificed," Janek replied, irritated.

Dante's continued excuses was like a fly buzzing around Janek's ear. He resisted the urge to wave the words away, and instead folded his arms across his chest. "You will not return home," he said, firm on this. "There's 'drawing them out' and then there is inviting yet another death on yourself."

Janek seemed to pause, chewing on his next words. Then: "But I suppose leaving the hospital temporarily is fine. So long as you are with me." He eyed the other man with a great deal of scrutiny. Genius Dante might be, but Janek was certain he would be eliminated again the second the attacker got the opportunity to do so. Especially so soon to the last (now failed) incident.

"Where do you wish to go with such urgency?" Janek asked, brow raised. He didn't believe in the pulled together justifications Dante had come up with, all that nonsense about wanting to draw out the attacker. There were plenty of ways of capturing a killer without such brazen lack of care in ones safety.
As it begins to dawn on Janek how much work this is actually gonna be lol

Janek frowned slightly at Dante's response. His gaze flicked down to the others hands, as if trying to gauge how much of a nuisance Dante could be if Janek forced him to stay in the room. "Just because you are not destined to die now does not mean the work required to keep you alive is easily sacrificed," Janek replied, irritated.

Dante's continued excuses was like a fly buzzing around Janek's ear. He resisted the urge to wave the words away, and instead folded his arms across his chest. "You will not return home," he said, firm on this. "There's 'drawing them out' and then there is inviting yet another death on yourself."

Janek seemed to pause, chewing on his next words. Then: "But I suppose leaving the hospital temporarily is fine. So long as you are with me." He eyed the other man with a great deal of scrutiny. Genius Dante might be, but Janek was certain he would be eliminated again the second the attacker got the opportunity to do so. Especially so soon to the last (now failed) incident.

"Where do you wish to go with such urgency?" Janek asked, brow raised. He didn't believe in the pulled together justifications Dante had come up with, all that nonsense about wanting to draw out the attacker. There were plenty of ways of capturing a killer without such brazen lack of care in ones safety.
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
Lighting a candle for Janek's very lawful, upright personality which will definitely keep him from punching Dante.

"Wonderful, I'll be taking you up on that offer then," Dante says, voice shimmering with an amused undertone. Though it's wonderfully pleasant, it's a sound that would send alarm bells ringing into in the heads of his assistants who are responsible for repairing the bridges that he leaves burning in his wake. "Given how you were looking at me earlier though, I can't help but think that you don't believe that this is, in fact, fine. Am I going to find myself injected with one of those anesthetic syringes and wake up to find that you've left me here, Janek?"

Having taken in his bodyguard's irritated posture, Dante is well aware of the fact that he's pushing when he very clearly shouldn't be. Teasing, when he shouldn't be. Because he knows this, he backs off, retreating to take the other up on his previous agreement.

"There's a few documents in my apartment," Dante says, in a rare moment of responsibility. "I need to see if anything's happened to them." He can ask for duplicates if they've gotten singed in the fire, but it'd be a bit inconvenient if his assailant took them, seeing how they're supposed to be confidential.

Of course, there's several other things that he'd love to do, but that depends on seeing if Janek is willing to even entertain him, first. Contrary to popular belief, Dante isn't entirely reckless; he knows it's suicidal to go out alone.
Lighting a candle for Janek's very lawful, upright personality which will definitely keep him from punching Dante.

"Wonderful, I'll be taking you up on that offer then," Dante says, voice shimmering with an amused undertone. Though it's wonderfully pleasant, it's a sound that would send alarm bells ringing into in the heads of his assistants who are responsible for repairing the bridges that he leaves burning in his wake. "Given how you were looking at me earlier though, I can't help but think that you don't believe that this is, in fact, fine. Am I going to find myself injected with one of those anesthetic syringes and wake up to find that you've left me here, Janek?"

Having taken in his bodyguard's irritated posture, Dante is well aware of the fact that he's pushing when he very clearly shouldn't be. Teasing, when he shouldn't be. Because he knows this, he backs off, retreating to take the other up on his previous agreement.

"There's a few documents in my apartment," Dante says, in a rare moment of responsibility. "I need to see if anything's happened to them." He can ask for duplicates if they've gotten singed in the fire, but it'd be a bit inconvenient if his assailant took them, seeing how they're supposed to be confidential.

Of course, there's several other things that he'd love to do, but that depends on seeing if Janek is willing to even entertain him, first. Contrary to popular belief, Dante isn't entirely reckless; he knows it's suicidal to go out alone.
The adventure begins \o/

Janek tapped his fingers against his leg. "I suppose we could make a quick stop there." He tilted his head a fraction to the side. "We'll be using my car, you understand." It was easier this way in general, but Janek was also certain that Dante had no other means of leaving besides his own two feet.

Taking his phone from his pocket, Janek punched in a few things. "I'll report that we're leaving—more or less, those who are interested in your continued well being will want to be sure you're in good hands for the first few days until things settle down."

In truth, giving reports was Janek's least favourite thing to do. He preferred to simply do the work, relying on his own memory and mind to keep track of his tasks and the status of them. As a Scythe, he was expected to give out some form of communication on a semi-regular basis, but for the most part the years he'd spent working allowed him a looser leash.

They'd have to check Dante out of the hospital, which meant returning to the bustle of the lower floors. It annoyed Janek to do so, but it wouldn't do well to essentially kidnap Dante from the premises without saying anything.

"Do you need anything else?" Janek asked, lifting his gaze back up and sliding his phone into his pocket. "Before we head out."
The adventure begins \o/

Janek tapped his fingers against his leg. "I suppose we could make a quick stop there." He tilted his head a fraction to the side. "We'll be using my car, you understand." It was easier this way in general, but Janek was also certain that Dante had no other means of leaving besides his own two feet.

Taking his phone from his pocket, Janek punched in a few things. "I'll report that we're leaving—more or less, those who are interested in your continued well being will want to be sure you're in good hands for the first few days until things settle down."

In truth, giving reports was Janek's least favourite thing to do. He preferred to simply do the work, relying on his own memory and mind to keep track of his tasks and the status of them. As a Scythe, he was expected to give out some form of communication on a semi-regular basis, but for the most part the years he'd spent working allowed him a looser leash.

They'd have to check Dante out of the hospital, which meant returning to the bustle of the lower floors. It annoyed Janek to do so, but it wouldn't do well to essentially kidnap Dante from the premises without saying anything.

"Do you need anything else?" Janek asked, lifting his gaze back up and sliding his phone into his pocket. "Before we head out."
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
Haha, I never thought of taking someone with permission and leaving without telling anyone as kidnapping, I love it.

"That sounds lovely," Dante says, caring less about the logistics than the fact that he's been approved for leave. He's sure Janek's car will be neat and unoffensive. Even if it's not, he won't let it stop him from taking trips, though he'll have to reconsider the taxi if it's truly atrocious.

Dante palms his glasses, still in their case, and slips them into his coat to. "This is all I'll need," he confirms, giving the counter an one over and his pockets a quick pat. Since he has his phone, he shouldn't run into trouble in most situations, even if he manages to coerce Janek into taking a detour on their outing.

Knowing this Dante heads for the door, hand lingering to prop it open for Janek. A nod to acknowledge the guard standing outside, and he's off. Long strides bring him to the elevator, which arrives at their level empty.

It remains so, up until the elevator comes to a slow stop with a quiet ding, doors rolling open to reveal a packed lobby with filled seats and heavy traffic through the doors.

Thankfully, the hospital was designed to handle such large numbers, meaning that they manage to get service within ten minutes before Dante takes matters into his own hands.

"My name's Dante, room 617, and I'm checking out," he tells the employee. Gloved fingers tap against the counter as she types his information into the system before pulling up his information, and he adds, "You can add that I'm being accompanied by Janek, here."

She does just that and approves the process, waiting for the notice slip to print before handing it over. It's still warm as Dante flashes it at his bodyguard with a grin before it vanishes into his pockets. "I guess it's time to for you to show off your ride."
Haha, I never thought of taking someone with permission and leaving without telling anyone as kidnapping, I love it.

"That sounds lovely," Dante says, caring less about the logistics than the fact that he's been approved for leave. He's sure Janek's car will be neat and unoffensive. Even if it's not, he won't let it stop him from taking trips, though he'll have to reconsider the taxi if it's truly atrocious.

Dante palms his glasses, still in their case, and slips them into his coat to. "This is all I'll need," he confirms, giving the counter an one over and his pockets a quick pat. Since he has his phone, he shouldn't run into trouble in most situations, even if he manages to coerce Janek into taking a detour on their outing.

Knowing this Dante heads for the door, hand lingering to prop it open for Janek. A nod to acknowledge the guard standing outside, and he's off. Long strides bring him to the elevator, which arrives at their level empty.

It remains so, up until the elevator comes to a slow stop with a quiet ding, doors rolling open to reveal a packed lobby with filled seats and heavy traffic through the doors.

Thankfully, the hospital was designed to handle such large numbers, meaning that they manage to get service within ten minutes before Dante takes matters into his own hands.

"My name's Dante, room 617, and I'm checking out," he tells the employee. Gloved fingers tap against the counter as she types his information into the system before pulling up his information, and he adds, "You can add that I'm being accompanied by Janek, here."

She does just that and approves the process, waiting for the notice slip to print before handing it over. It's still warm as Dante flashes it at his bodyguard with a grin before it vanishes into his pockets. "I guess it's time to for you to show off your ride."
1 2 3 4