Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Genuine confusion/curiosity (@ exalting)
1 2 3
Sometimes I buy an an expensive dragon for a skin and realize it doesnt exactly match how I want so I yeet it
Sometimes I buy an an expensive dragon for a skin and realize it doesnt exactly match how I want so I yeet it
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
For some baffling reason, someone exalted an XXX Lavender G1 a few days ago. I honestly hope it was the devs testing something again, because if not, someone just threw out a huge chunk of gems.
For some baffling reason, someone exalted an XXX Lavender G1 a few days ago. I honestly hope it was the devs testing something again, because if not, someone just threw out a huge chunk of gems.
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
I find a better dragon to replace and exalt the current one.
I find a better dragon to replace and exalt the current one.
[quote name="Nott" date="2023-12-28 07:55:39" ] I haven’t done this recently, but for me it would be because I didn’t want it taking up lair space but also didn’t want to deal with trying to sell it, lol. I’ve exalted some older dragons for that reason. [/quote] Me exactly I wouldn't buy expensive dragons and then exalt them because of profit reasons but if I fall out of love of my dragons then I'll exalt them, but that's usually years later.
Nott wrote on 2023-12-28 07:55:39:
I haven’t done this recently, but for me it would be because I didn’t want it taking up lair space but also didn’t want to deal with trying to sell it, lol. I’ve exalted some older dragons for that reason.
Me exactly
I wouldn't buy expensive dragons and then exalt them because of profit reasons but if I fall out of love of my dragons then I'll exalt them, but that's usually years later.
I had somebody buy a dragon from me for 100g and it was exalted minutes later, like right after purchasing. I found it kinda perplexing since it didn't seem like an occasion where they found something better later on and exalted it to save the hassle of relisting, or exalting it for space, most situations where you exalt something expensive only really happens a while after you first purchased them. I haven't a clue why the bought mine seemingly with intent to exalt them.

EDIT: and it wasn't like "I want my dragon with this same color palette to be rare so I exalt all other dragons with the same color palette", because this dragon was from a project of mine so all the colors were the same and I had like 40 other dragons for sale with those same colors.
I had somebody buy a dragon from me for 100g and it was exalted minutes later, like right after purchasing. I found it kinda perplexing since it didn't seem like an occasion where they found something better later on and exalted it to save the hassle of relisting, or exalting it for space, most situations where you exalt something expensive only really happens a while after you first purchased them. I haven't a clue why the bought mine seemingly with intent to exalt them.

EDIT: and it wasn't like "I want my dragon with this same color palette to be rare so I exalt all other dragons with the same color palette", because this dragon was from a project of mine so all the colors were the same and I had like 40 other dragons for sale with those same colors.
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
I think I've bought and then immediately exalted more expensive dragons maybe twice before?

Both times were bc I bought one all excited for a breeding project, then either realised they were either too closely related or of the wrong gender to breed with the dragon I already had (and normally I'd hold on to them for a bit in case I found a good match for them, but in both cases the dragon I had was 1 colour off and I didn't want to go for a wider-range pair, even if it took less time to get a good dragon for one)

Reselling is far too much of a pain for me to bother with, so to the Stormcatcher they go
I think I've bought and then immediately exalted more expensive dragons maybe twice before?

Both times were bc I bought one all excited for a breeding project, then either realised they were either too closely related or of the wrong gender to breed with the dragon I already had (and normally I'd hold on to them for a bit in case I found a good match for them, but in both cases the dragon I had was 1 colour off and I didn't want to go for a wider-range pair, even if it took less time to get a good dragon for one)

Reselling is far too much of a pain for me to bother with, so to the Stormcatcher they go
SagittariusAx
Any pronouns
Usually when I fall out of love with dragons, I level and exalt them and by the time I do this, I've usually either totally forgotten how much they cost me OR if I do remember, I know I won't get that money back so I might as well get what I can quickly from exalting rather than trying to sell.
Usually when I fall out of love with dragons, I level and exalt them and by the time I do this, I've usually either totally forgotten how much they cost me OR if I do remember, I know I won't get that money back so I might as well get what I can quickly from exalting rather than trying to sell.
15288.png Mattie/Sol
MUYNhfy.pngQ0p4QGz.png
bYt72YT.png fkWjutW.png
J7D1quC.pngWKtl2lb.png
྿྿྿
྿྿྿
Sometimes the dragon doesn't really interest me anymore and I can't be bothered to resell them or make a financially responsible decision so i just exalt the expensive dragon

... Or if i'm going through a lair purge
Sometimes the dragon doesn't really interest me anymore and I can't be bothered to resell them or make a financially responsible decision so i just exalt the expensive dragon

... Or if i'm going through a lair purge
EBzxWRy.png *
Wishlist
FR+3
Collecting Mammertee Plushes
alMN0i2.png vfbW8E9.png
I've had plenty of dragons I bought only to find out I don't need them/want them and my last lair purge of G1s was enough to get me to realize I won't ever get the money I paid for them back. So I just stopped trying. I exalted quite a few dragons that were very expensive- G2 imps, G1 wildclaws, even G2+ dragons I put 3 gem genes on for a breeding project. It's just not worth it to keep them while hoping someone will take them, when you can free up space and stop wasting food with a single click.
I've had plenty of dragons I bought only to find out I don't need them/want them and my last lair purge of G1s was enough to get me to realize I won't ever get the money I paid for them back. So I just stopped trying. I exalted quite a few dragons that were very expensive- G2 imps, G1 wildclaws, even G2+ dragons I put 3 gem genes on for a breeding project. It's just not worth it to keep them while hoping someone will take them, when you can free up space and stop wasting food with a single click.
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
Ooooh okay so the general vibe is the dragon not being useful for the purpose and its easier exalting than reselling (I do agree with that tbh, specially in crowded lairs)
That makes sense :0 just...Im sorry for your lost gems folks ouuuh
Ooooh okay so the general vibe is the dragon not being useful for the purpose and its easier exalting than reselling (I do agree with that tbh, specially in crowded lairs)
That makes sense :0 just...Im sorry for your lost gems folks ouuuh
lHELhsr.png ....
They/them | FR+9 | Adult
Open commissions & portfolio
Remember to drink water and rest!
FR Adopt shop (All breeds available!)
1 2 3