Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Every Day Giveaway! [Closed]
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92
@lforevermore Wow this is a hard question! I kind of like surrealism so I like The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali (the one with the melting clocks), but I also really like impressionism.
@lforevermore Wow this is a hard question! I kind of like surrealism so I like The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali (the one with the melting clocks), but I also really like impressionism.
dream%20dragon%20b_zpsc6usyp9o.png
Artwork...? I have. No idea. Can I say my daughters? Because they are a piece of work!!
Artwork...? I have. No idea. Can I say my daughters? Because they are a piece of work!!
@lforevermore I'll agree with fairypenguin and nominate "The Scream" as my favorite piece of art as well. For geology nerdery! "The Scream" could actually be depicting a real-life event: the blood red sunsets that resulted across Europe from the eruption of the volcano Krakatoa in 1883. While the eruption was observed by sailors, word of its occurrence didn't reach the western world until some time after. Until then, the blood red skies were seen as horrors of nature, possibly signals of some cataclysm to come, etc. Like I said, nerdery :)
@lforevermore I'll agree with fairypenguin and nominate "The Scream" as my favorite piece of art as well. For geology nerdery! "The Scream" could actually be depicting a real-life event: the blood red sunsets that resulted across Europe from the eruption of the volcano Krakatoa in 1883. While the eruption was observed by sailors, word of its occurrence didn't reach the western world until some time after. Until then, the blood red skies were seen as horrors of nature, possibly signals of some cataclysm to come, etc. Like I said, nerdery :)
@lforevermore

I'm really into Leonardo Da Vinci and his art, it's all really amazing but I love his painting of Medusa. It's stunningly gorgeous.
@lforevermore

I'm really into Leonardo Da Vinci and his art, it's all really amazing but I love his painting of Medusa. It's stunningly gorgeous.
@lforevermore LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT ALPHONSE MUCHA [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CS9K8g7SDTo/UblKku32jII/AAAAAAAAEVQ/YEoIAr0Qfx4/s1600/job-(1897).jpg[/img] [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/26/Alfons_Mucha_-_1898_-_Dance.jpg/369px-Alfons_Mucha_-_1898_-_Dance.jpg[/img] [img]http://cartazes.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/alphonse-mucha-morning-awakening-the-days-bussiness-evenming-reverie-night-rest.jpg?w=450&h=309.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.sarajanemcintosh.com/uploads/1/0/8/8/10886568/599930363.jpg[/img] He is one of the artists from the Art Nouveau era like gustav klimt (everyone knows of his artwork) but he hasn't brought as heavy an influence to today's art and ads like MUCHA (the superior artist) has. Mucha's style be seen echoed in today's art, ads, even architecture. So next time you see artwork or ads that look like these you'll know who is the original influence for them. (would go on and on about his gorgeous style and influence but I got dragons to train and exalt for WindDad)
@lforevermore

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT ALPHONSE MUCHA

job-(1897).jpg

369px-Alfons_Mucha_-_1898_-_Dance.jpg

alphonse-mucha-morning-awakening-the-days-bussiness-evenming-reverie-night-rest.jpg?w=450&h=309.jpg

599930363.jpg

He is one of the artists from the Art Nouveau era like gustav klimt (everyone knows of his artwork) but he hasn't brought as heavy an influence to today's art and ads like MUCHA (the superior artist) has. Mucha's style be seen echoed in today's art, ads, even architecture. So next time you see artwork or ads that look like these you'll know who is the original influence for them. (would go on and on about his gorgeous style and influence but I got dragons to train and exalt for WindDad)
sp1_by_tinygryphon-d9garlx.gif
La La La La

La
La La La
La La
La La
La La
La La La La

La
La La La
La La
La La
La La
tumblr_inline_mwud3klqhJ1r9ywrd.png
I think I'd have to go with Peter Von Tiesenhausen's land, mostly for the pure genius and sass of it (registering his land as artwork and integrating it into his art to prevent oil companies to get it). If you don't know about it, google "artist copyrights land".
I think I'd have to go with Peter Von Tiesenhausen's land, mostly for the pure genius and sass of it (registering his land as artwork and integrating it into his art to prevent oil companies to get it). If you don't know about it, google "artist copyrights land".
Occasional buyer of unwanted 6-digit dragons and old festival everythings.
All of my dragons without familiars are non-permadragons. Message me with an offer if one interests you!
@lforevermore

Welcome back! (Yes, I know I'm a day or two late. I couldn't find the thread for a while.)

It looks like your question changed half-way through today,,, but the question now is about art, right? This is a hard one for me, as I happen to love a lot of artwork, particularly statues of mythical characters... though it's more the myth that fascinates me, rather than the statue.

Sticking with paintings, though, I think I'll be traditional and say the "Mona Lisa.". However, my reason may be different than most people's. I really like Leonardo Da Vinci as an artist, but I became enamored of this particular painting through two unusual sources: Music, and a fictional novel:
--There is a song, hauntingly beautiful, entitled "Mona Lisa," that is on a CD I have of songs performed by Bing Crosby. I have no idea if he actually wrote the song or not... but it's gorgeous. It's also about a woman, rather than the painting, but for me it brings the painting to life.
--Secondly a certain novel by Dan Brown absolutely fascinated me... and the Mona Lisa was one of the paintings referenced within it. At the time, it was the only painting in the book that I recognized by name, so it stuck in my head. (The novel was, of course, "The Da Vinci Code," and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a good mystery... and does not worry too much about accuracy in history... or, perhaps, likes to speculate on odd possibilities.)

Anyway, there's my answer, as convoluted and odd as the reasoning may be.

(And just for fun, since the question seems to have changed during the same day, I like the Arcane Sprite the best. Beautiful, whimsical, and a reader. What's not to like?)
@lforevermore

Welcome back! (Yes, I know I'm a day or two late. I couldn't find the thread for a while.)

It looks like your question changed half-way through today,,, but the question now is about art, right? This is a hard one for me, as I happen to love a lot of artwork, particularly statues of mythical characters... though it's more the myth that fascinates me, rather than the statue.

Sticking with paintings, though, I think I'll be traditional and say the "Mona Lisa.". However, my reason may be different than most people's. I really like Leonardo Da Vinci as an artist, but I became enamored of this particular painting through two unusual sources: Music, and a fictional novel:
--There is a song, hauntingly beautiful, entitled "Mona Lisa," that is on a CD I have of songs performed by Bing Crosby. I have no idea if he actually wrote the song or not... but it's gorgeous. It's also about a woman, rather than the painting, but for me it brings the painting to life.
--Secondly a certain novel by Dan Brown absolutely fascinated me... and the Mona Lisa was one of the paintings referenced within it. At the time, it was the only painting in the book that I recognized by name, so it stuck in my head. (The novel was, of course, "The Da Vinci Code," and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a good mystery... and does not worry too much about accuracy in history... or, perhaps, likes to speculate on odd possibilities.)

Anyway, there's my answer, as convoluted and odd as the reasoning may be.

(And just for fun, since the question seems to have changed during the same day, I like the Arcane Sprite the best. Beautiful, whimsical, and a reader. What's not to like?)
fw5Pc0h.png
@lforevermore, I don't have a favorite artwork. I'm not really into art that much, though I do enjoy viewing people's artwork and marveling at people's amazing talent! :D
@lforevermore, I don't have a favorite artwork. I'm not really into art that much, though I do enjoy viewing people's artwork and marveling at people's amazing talent! :D
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

tureksig_by_bajanmightyena-db8x88k.png saTxNdL.png XsRzZWG.png durlacsig_by_bajanmightyena-dafdwea.png Wsu677T.png

bouncy_nature_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0v6.gif tureksig_by_bajanmightyena-db8x88k.png egg_nocturne_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-daayxdq.gif saTxNdL.png egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif durlacsig_by_bajanmightyena-dafdwea.png bouncy_nature_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0v6.gif

4678.png[nextcol]
Familiar Trade Shop! [nextcol]3783.png
Not really, I love all art. I feel like everybody has a favorite piece but me! One thing that I love is the art by Vincent Vango
Not really, I love all art. I feel like everybody has a favorite piece but me! One thing that I love is the art by Vincent Vango
It's been a while 0.0
Uf8EgNV.png mNH9cjt.png
@lforevermore

I don't remember where I saw it, but it was a mother cat cleaning her baby and she just licked it off the table. Poor baby just fell, but it was hilarious.
@lforevermore

I don't remember where I saw it, but it was a mother cat cleaning her baby and she just licked it off the table. Poor baby just fell, but it was hilarious.
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92