Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | NotN drop rate feels lower or-
1 2 3 4
It really feels like that. I'm the one who don't like coliseum and this year NotN I'm farming much more then last year. But chests and eggs... their number is less.

It is especially sad to look at people who now have a lot of work due to the end of the year, or a session at the university. And this year, the most anticipated FR holiday will end exactly on New Year's Eve, leaving very many people with no opportunity to spend time at the coliseum on the January weekend...

I know that it may not be the same in all countries, you know, the same holiday weekend. But it feels like the more players there are, the worse the chests and eggs drop out of them because there are a certain number of them that need to be distributed so that everyone gets at least a little??

You need to be a monster of the coliseum with no life outside of it to enjoy the holiday...

Edit: I opened 350 chests and it's 19 eggs from them. LAST YEAR I OPENED 400 CHESTS AND IT WAS 32 EGGS. I really have a question WHAT'S HAPPENING.......
It really feels like that. I'm the one who don't like coliseum and this year NotN I'm farming much more then last year. But chests and eggs... their number is less.

It is especially sad to look at people who now have a lot of work due to the end of the year, or a session at the university. And this year, the most anticipated FR holiday will end exactly on New Year's Eve, leaving very many people with no opportunity to spend time at the coliseum on the January weekend...

I know that it may not be the same in all countries, you know, the same holiday weekend. But it feels like the more players there are, the worse the chests and eggs drop out of them because there are a certain number of them that need to be distributed so that everyone gets at least a little??

You need to be a monster of the coliseum with no life outside of it to enjoy the holiday...

Edit: I opened 350 chests and it's 19 eggs from them. LAST YEAR I OPENED 400 CHESTS AND IT WAS 32 EGGS. I really have a question WHAT'S HAPPENING.......
6BU91EQ.png iyqNk2n.png

FR +10 | Di/Yasha | he/him | russian

(read name like Dee)

Looking for special date dragons

____3aqtcaM.png
To me, the numbers just fluctuate a lot. First day I bonded with all familiars, I got 110 chests. Today I got just 60. (and... one egg out of them...)

Yesterday on the other hand I opened 10 chests and got 3 eggs. All in all my average droprate feels better than last year, but RNG can be frustrating.
To me, the numbers just fluctuate a lot. First day I bonded with all familiars, I got 110 chests. Today I got just 60. (and... one egg out of them...)

Yesterday on the other hand I opened 10 chests and got 3 eggs. All in all my average droprate feels better than last year, but RNG can be frustrating.
1lu6sg3.gif
the seas are lovely, dark and deep...
but we have promises to keep, and miles to go before we sleep

velsim #52577, the not-quite-drowned. - wishlist | sales | accents
@Velsim I'm just shocked at how much difference there can be. One egg... from 60 chests... 110 chests other day, literally twice as much.
It's just terrible.
@Velsim I'm just shocked at how much difference there can be. One egg... from 60 chests... 110 chests other day, literally twice as much.
It's just terrible.
6BU91EQ.png iyqNk2n.png

FR +10 | Di/Yasha | he/him | russian

(read name like Dee)

Looking for special date dragons

____3aqtcaM.png
RNG is happening. That's all it is.
RNG is happening. That's all it is.
I'm getting a lot of chests (though my egg luck has been terrible).
It's all those people posting 5-egg hauls that are stealing all the luck ;_;
I'm getting a lot of chests (though my egg luck has been terrible).
It's all those people posting 5-egg hauls that are stealing all the luck ;_;
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Yeahhhh I opened 110 chests yesterday with no egg

Not sure if lowered a tad this year or just sincerely unlucky! Never had that issue before

I have a whopping 5.5 rate right now aaaaa
Yeahhhh I opened 110 chests yesterday with no egg

Not sure if lowered a tad this year or just sincerely unlucky! Never had that issue before

I have a whopping 5.5 rate right now aaaaa
Last night I opened four chests and got two eggs! That's probability for you...

Edit: That of course isn't counting all the chests I've opened with no eggs! And if I'm remembering my stats (how a binomial distribution works) properly, if there's an 8% drop rate and you opened 350 chests, you have a 4.1% chance of getting 19 or fewer eggs. So you're unlucky, but not ridiculously so.
Last night I opened four chests and got two eggs! That's probability for you...

Edit: That of course isn't counting all the chests I've opened with no eggs! And if I'm remembering my stats (how a binomial distribution works) properly, if there's an 8% drop rate and you opened 350 chests, you have a 4.1% chance of getting 19 or fewer eggs. So you're unlucky, but not ridiculously so.
FSH9skF.png

call me dusk | he/him | fr time+8
6S5L2CY.png
The drop rate on eggs has not been altered.

Chest drops haven't been altered, except in the form of some venues getting an additional NotN-themed opponent. NotN opponents have higher drop rates than normal opponents and so slightly more of them being around = slightly more chest drops.
The drop rate on eggs has not been altered.

Chest drops haven't been altered, except in the form of some venues getting an additional NotN-themed opponent. NotN opponents have higher drop rates than normal opponents and so slightly more of them being around = slightly more chest drops.
Nah, at least to me it feels the same.

Bouts of bad luck =/= the rate being changed. It will even itself out.
Nah, at least to me it feels the same.

Bouts of bad luck =/= the rate being changed. It will even itself out.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
[quote name="yascherritsa" date="2023-12-21 02:21:54" ] @Velsim I'm just shocked at how much difference there can be. One egg... from 60 chests... 110 chests other day, literally twice as much. It's just terrible. [/quote] Yup, that is how randomness works. Humans are really bad at coping with it!
yascherritsa wrote on 2023-12-21 02:21:54:
It's just terrible.

Yup, that is how randomness works. Humans are really bad at coping with it!
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
1 2 3 4