Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What (Book/Novel/Manga) are you reading?
1 2 3
Trying for like the 6th time to get through Lord of the Rings. It's awesome and I adore the movies but it's an intense series and there's just so much to get through so it's a little slow going. Still, slow and steady wins the race lmao
Trying for like the 6th time to get through Lord of the Rings. It's awesome and I adore the movies but it's an intense series and there's just so much to get through so it's a little slow going. Still, slow and steady wins the race lmao
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art of a green mirror plushie with brown buttone eyes. Art Shop
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
Art of a red wildclaw from the chest up with pink feathers.
I just bought Delicious In Dungeon manga (volumes 1 & 2) today… been enjoying the first one so far!

Since there’s an animated adaptation of this coming into Netflix, I figured that I would try reading the manga instead since I don’t have an account for that :)
I just bought Delicious In Dungeon manga (volumes 1 & 2) today… been enjoying the first one so far!

Since there’s an animated adaptation of this coming into Netflix, I figured that I would try reading the manga instead since I don’t have an account for that :)
Assassination Classroom. Currently on book 8, I'm absolutely loving it so far! I'll be watching the anime once I'm done

I'll be moving on to The Hunger Games from there
Assassination Classroom. Currently on book 8, I'm absolutely loving it so far! I'll be watching the anime once I'm done

I'll be moving on to The Hunger Games from there
knkZpI2.png
@painterish OMG I CAME HERE TO BRING UP DELICIOUS IN DUNGEON (Dungeon Meshi)!! I love love love that series, I picked it up a couple years back and have been obsessed ever since! It's the only series I've actually bothered collecting, I'm just missing the 6th and 7th books now!
@painterish OMG I CAME HERE TO BRING UP DELICIOUS IN DUNGEON (Dungeon Meshi)!! I love love love that series, I picked it up a couple years back and have been obsessed ever since! It's the only series I've actually bothered collecting, I'm just missing the 6th and 7th books now!
Janus1.png
I read a lot in general, but I love reading manga and sf books. Here's some stuff I am reading or have finished recently.

Dungeon Meshi was a rec from a friend. It's actually as good as they say! I don't think it's for everyone, though. There's some pretty wild stuff in there, like borderline body horror.

Birdy the Mighty and Birdy the Mighty Evolution, a reread. An absolute fave of mine, possibly one of the better pieces of sci-fi I've read? You do have to be okay with some typical fanservice content, but aside from that, it's a battle manga with a female lead! Pretty cool.

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really, Love You is another rec from a friend, who told it was "wholesome". It isn't really, in fact there's some pretty inappropriate content at times so I can't recommend it to kids or anyone sensitive to certain themes. It is essentially about a huge poly relationship though, and the gimmick is that no girl gets left behind, so if you're looking for a lot of cute rom-com stuff with an oddly queer premise, it's there.

I haven't read or watched a sports series in a while, but Eyeshield 21 has totally ensnared me. It's a classic for a reason, and it's making me learn the rules of American football where friends and loved ones never could. I really like the characters, and the art style is cool too! If you like sports anime, definitely give it a try.

I've been obsessed with Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover books for about a year now. Adult sci-fi with a somewhat fantastical bent, there seems to be no end to these books. You can read them in any order, and they all center around a planet inhabited by humans, some of whom have psychic powers, and their awkward interactions with people from other planets, or simply their own internal struggles. I love the writing, but when I said adult I really meant it, there are some themes in these books that make an ace person like myself go "Is this what it's like to be allo? Crazy".

And I always recommend Diane Wynne-Jones. Howl's Moving Castle is a good one, but her other works are not to be missed either. Such great, genuine fantasy.
I read a lot in general, but I love reading manga and sf books. Here's some stuff I am reading or have finished recently.

Dungeon Meshi was a rec from a friend. It's actually as good as they say! I don't think it's for everyone, though. There's some pretty wild stuff in there, like borderline body horror.

Birdy the Mighty and Birdy the Mighty Evolution, a reread. An absolute fave of mine, possibly one of the better pieces of sci-fi I've read? You do have to be okay with some typical fanservice content, but aside from that, it's a battle manga with a female lead! Pretty cool.

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really, Love You is another rec from a friend, who told it was "wholesome". It isn't really, in fact there's some pretty inappropriate content at times so I can't recommend it to kids or anyone sensitive to certain themes. It is essentially about a huge poly relationship though, and the gimmick is that no girl gets left behind, so if you're looking for a lot of cute rom-com stuff with an oddly queer premise, it's there.

I haven't read or watched a sports series in a while, but Eyeshield 21 has totally ensnared me. It's a classic for a reason, and it's making me learn the rules of American football where friends and loved ones never could. I really like the characters, and the art style is cool too! If you like sports anime, definitely give it a try.

I've been obsessed with Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover books for about a year now. Adult sci-fi with a somewhat fantastical bent, there seems to be no end to these books. You can read them in any order, and they all center around a planet inhabited by humans, some of whom have psychic powers, and their awkward interactions with people from other planets, or simply their own internal struggles. I love the writing, but when I said adult I really meant it, there are some themes in these books that make an ace person like myself go "Is this what it's like to be allo? Crazy".

And I always recommend Diane Wynne-Jones. Howl's Moving Castle is a good one, but her other works are not to be missed either. Such great, genuine fantasy.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
i'm reading the secret history currently! definitely recommend it if you enjoy dark academia sort of books
i'm reading the secret history currently! definitely recommend it if you enjoy dark academia sort of books
CUnQdgy.png
i've been trying to read more lately, especially wanting to branch out to different genres! :D

the best book i've been reading so far's been "what once was mine" by liz braswell - it's a retelling of diseny's tangled where, instead of getting healing powers from the sundrop flower, rapunzel gets magic death hair powers from the moondrop flower. very heartwrenching and suprisingly dark and mature at times!

i've also been trying to read the entire "red queen" series by victoria aveyard cause i love cliche ya dystopia. so far it's been.. pretty flawed, but the concept is very intriguing :0

aaand i've been really loving neal shusterman lately. i finished his "scythe" series a while back and i'm gonna start reading "dry". really good books so far :3
i've been trying to read more lately, especially wanting to branch out to different genres! :D

the best book i've been reading so far's been "what once was mine" by liz braswell - it's a retelling of diseny's tangled where, instead of getting healing powers from the sundrop flower, rapunzel gets magic death hair powers from the moondrop flower. very heartwrenching and suprisingly dark and mature at times!

i've also been trying to read the entire "red queen" series by victoria aveyard cause i love cliche ya dystopia. so far it's been.. pretty flawed, but the concept is very intriguing :0

aaand i've been really loving neal shusterman lately. i finished his "scythe" series a while back and i'm gonna start reading "dry". really good books so far :3
I've been reading through whatever I find in op-shops, so I end up with a pretty eclectic mix. It's been fun :)

At the moment I'm reading The Rest Of The Robots by Isaac Asimov. It's pretty cool, would recommend. It's a collection of pithy short stories about ways robots could do the unintended, even while obeying the Three Laws of Robotics.

I've got a fun bunch I'm waiting to read, too, if anyone's read them:
Shakespearean tragedies
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Lawrence of Arabia
Memoirs of a Geisha
various Agatha Christie novels
and a bunch of lesser known ones...
I've been reading through whatever I find in op-shops, so I end up with a pretty eclectic mix. It's been fun :)

At the moment I'm reading The Rest Of The Robots by Isaac Asimov. It's pretty cool, would recommend. It's a collection of pithy short stories about ways robots could do the unintended, even while obeying the Three Laws of Robotics.

I've got a fun bunch I'm waiting to read, too, if anyone's read them:
Shakespearean tragedies
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Lawrence of Arabia
Memoirs of a Geisha
various Agatha Christie novels
and a bunch of lesser known ones...
I have too many things checked out at the moment, but currently working on Binti by Nnedi Okorafor, its a scifi.
I have too many things checked out at the moment, but currently working on Binti by Nnedi Okorafor, its a scifi.

water.gif
XC93sMs.png
pLcovI9.png
92n1dwB.png
G1BsL0x.png
eswSnrS.png
SKeDIUd.png
1 2 3