Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Familiarity Achievement & Beastiary
So I just received Familiarity (900) but I've only discovered 897 familiars according to my beastiary. I'm an old player, so I think this may because I sold some old familiars that I only had one of way back when, before the current beastiary system. I just find it odd that those familiars are still counted for the achievement. Shouldn't they be counted in the beastiary, too?
So I just received Familiarity (900) but I've only discovered 897 familiars according to my beastiary. I'm an old player, so I think this may because I sold some old familiars that I only had one of way back when, before the current beastiary system. I just find it odd that those familiars are still counted for the achievement. Shouldn't they be counted in the beastiary, too?
dlJsEIj.png
One of the Bestiary counts includes familiars you've Awakened, the other doesn't. I've given my last one of a familiar to Crim before and... *gestures to familiar count* figuring out which I'm missing is kinda a general pain.
One of the Bestiary counts includes familiars you've Awakened, the other doesn't. I've given my last one of a familiar to Crim before and... *gestures to familiar count* figuring out which I'm missing is kinda a general pain.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Discover 900 familiars

Yep. You've got 903 right at the moment. So it counts. Just the total number of familiars in collection.
Familiarity (900)
Discover 900 familiars

Yep. You've got 903 right at the moment. So it counts. Just the total number of familiars in collection.
FeIiZnO.png
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2023-12-17 15:27:09" ] One of the Bestiary counts includes familiars you've Awakened, the other doesn't. I've given my last one of a familiar to Crim before and... *gestures to familiar count* figuring out which I'm missing is kinda a general pain. [/quote] Yea, I wish there was an easy way to tell if you only have one of an item before giving it to Crim. [quote name="Anky" date="2023-12-17 15:32:09" ] Familiarity (900) Discover 900 familiars Yep. You've got 903 right at the moment. So it counts. Just the total number of familiars in collection. [/quote] It's NotN and I've been opening lots of chests. I assure you I had 897 when I got the achievement.
Renaiwom wrote on 2023-12-17 15:27:09:

Yea, I wish there was an easy way to tell if you only have one of an item before giving it to Crim.
Anky wrote on 2023-12-17 15:32:09:
Familiarity (900)
Discover 900 familiars

It's NotN and I've been opening lots of chests. I assure you I had 897 when I got the achievement.
dlJsEIj.png
If you awaken it, it stays permanently discovered. The bestiary counts it, the forums number doesn't. The Familiarity achievement tracks discovered, not currently owned. I don't think it's that hard to look it up with filters. If you set it to 60 per page and compact view, you can look for the colored pictures without [emoji=treasure chest size=1] or[emoji=wing size=1] or a starry background. [img]https://imgur.com/haG2IJj.png[/img] I do wish they'd add a filter for "not in hoard, lair, or den" though.
If you awaken it, it stays permanently discovered. The bestiary counts it, the forums number doesn't. The Familiarity achievement tracks discovered, not currently owned.

I don't think it's that hard to look it up with filters. If you set it to 60 per page and compact view, you can look for the colored pictures without or or a starry background.

haG2IJj.png

I do wish they'd add a filter for "not in hoard, lair, or den" though.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
[quote name="Likewise" date="2023-12-17 16:55:08" ] [quote name="Renaiwom" date="2023-12-17 15:27:09" ] One of the Bestiary counts includes familiars you've Awakened, the other doesn't. I've given my last one of a familiar to Crim before and... *gestures to familiar count* figuring out which I'm missing is kinda a general pain. [/quote] Yea, I wish there was an easy way to tell if you only have one of an item before giving it to Crim. Go through your hoard and transfer one of each to your Vault -- then keep them there.
Likewise wrote on 2023-12-17 16:55:08:
Renaiwom wrote on 2023-12-17 15:27:09:

Yea, I wish there was an easy way to tell if you only have one of an item before giving it to Crim.

Go through your hoard and transfer one of each to your Vault -- then keep them there.
HEveOVO.png