Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i'm starting my first breeding project..
i have a whole load of questions since I don't really know where to start. I'm trying to make an aether with the same colors and genes as her. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91157208][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/911573/91157208_350.png[/img][/url] should i focus on getting her same color palette or her same genes first? idk I'm just very lost atm, any advice is appreciated!
i have a whole load of questions since I don't really know where to start. I'm trying to make an aether with the same colors and genes as her.
91157208_350.png
should i focus on getting her same color palette or her same genes first? idk I'm just very lost atm, any advice is appreciated!
It is easier to find one with the correct colours and then gene/breed change than getting the correct genes and needing scatterscrolls to change colours.
It is easier to find one with the correct colours and then gene/breed change than getting the correct genes and needing scatterscrolls to change colours.
pontails_v2_0_by_viporion-d64jr46.gif
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Not even Jupiter can take back a lost oppertunity
To add to what the previous user said, I'd suggest using moderns to breed the colors you want (because the color range you want might not be available on aethers). You can always breed change + add genes later.
To add to what the previous user said, I'd suggest using moderns to breed the colors you want (because the color range you want might not be available on aethers). You can always breed change + add genes later.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
@sunshark

I’ve completed over 23 breeding projects. Colors are the most important thing. If it’s a rarer breed (like one harder to get like coatl or imp) then you need similar breed rarity parents and colors. However since it’s an aether, you are best off buying breed changes for two diffrent commons species (guardian, mirror, fae, or tundra). The reason why you want parents of the two diffrent common breeds is that they have the shortest cooldown, and have a chance of giving you 5 eggs instead of the maximum 4 if it was the same breed

Genes are irrelevant, unless they are super expensive and for a modern dragon at the end, or if you have two aethers in a pair with the genes you want as well.

Feel free to ask me more questions, I don’t get my dragons from auction house most times and reach out to people to ask them :)
@sunshark

I’ve completed over 23 breeding projects. Colors are the most important thing. If it’s a rarer breed (like one harder to get like coatl or imp) then you need similar breed rarity parents and colors. However since it’s an aether, you are best off buying breed changes for two diffrent commons species (guardian, mirror, fae, or tundra). The reason why you want parents of the two diffrent common breeds is that they have the shortest cooldown, and have a chance of giving you 5 eggs instead of the maximum 4 if it was the same breed

Genes are irrelevant, unless they are super expensive and for a modern dragon at the end, or if you have two aethers in a pair with the genes you want as well.

Feel free to ask me more questions, I don’t get my dragons from auction house most times and reach out to people to ask them :)
7NebxtL.jpg
As someone who's done a lot of breeding projects, colors are definitely the priority. But, if you can find a pair with a reasonable color range AND any gem genes (in this case, Aethers with Wish) go for those.

A good way to find a decent pair if there aren't any on the AH, is to go through dragon search! Look for dragons in fodder/sales tabs (other tabs are usually not worth it), and if you find one you want for the project, offer more cash then the owner would get for exalting or selling the dragon as fodder (I like 25g/kt). You might even be able to skip the whole breeding project if you find a dragon with the perfect colors (though this usually means a gene project).

Also, if your goal is to make them a breeding pair, make absolutely sure that neither of your project pair dragons are related to her. This still trips me up sometimes lol.
As someone who's done a lot of breeding projects, colors are definitely the priority. But, if you can find a pair with a reasonable color range AND any gem genes (in this case, Aethers with Wish) go for those.

A good way to find a decent pair if there aren't any on the AH, is to go through dragon search! Look for dragons in fodder/sales tabs (other tabs are usually not worth it), and if you find one you want for the project, offer more cash then the owner would get for exalting or selling the dragon as fodder (I like 25g/kt). You might even be able to skip the whole breeding project if you find a dragon with the perfect colors (though this usually means a gene project).

Also, if your goal is to make them a breeding pair, make absolutely sure that neither of your project pair dragons are related to her. This still trips me up sometimes lol.
5X7uUDht.png

~3 hours ahead of FR time~
~She/Her~
Dragons for Sale
I'm not sure that you need to do a breeding project. There's aethers on the auction house that have the colors and one gene you need that are unrelated to your dragon. I would just buy one and gene them
I'm not sure that you need to do a breeding project. There's aethers on the auction house that have the colors and one gene you need that are unrelated to your dragon. I would just buy one and gene them