Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Coliborn] The Portal
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
@StarlightDragon7

I hope it comes around soon <3 I feel like my egg luck ebbs and flows and I'll have a long period with nothing and all of sudden it's like "egg, egg, egg" one after the other.

@Necralisk

YO WHAT! How'd you think of such a design!? I'm kind of tempted to go for that scvry *A*
@StarlightDragon7

I hope it comes around soon <3 I feel like my egg luck ebbs and flows and I'll have a long period with nothing and all of sudden it's like "egg, egg, egg" one after the other.

@Necralisk

YO WHAT! How'd you think of such a design!? I'm kind of tempted to go for that scvry *A*
tumblr_inline_nbwjccPnMm1qkfp12.png
i really like scrying! ;)

i really like scrying! ;)

caught up in static dreams
distorted angels sing
@Tyestra, @naranciag, @Wufflesnuff, @Brr, and those subbed Oh, ew, it's been four months since I've checked on this. I apologize. I've been having a huge burn out when it comes to creativity but I have been hatching the coliborn eggs in the background. Since Verismo, we've added Kisai, Mairi, and Capri to the group. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/768658/76865705.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/775666/77566580.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/782689/78268867.png[/img] An update on the coliborns who are all gened/dressed up, only Naoki and Rook are complete. I was really hoping to finish this challenge this year (including the lore I've been writing) so I can hop into doing a Kingdomlocke with related lore afterwards, but with this hit in wanting to do anything creative it's probably gonna take longer. Which, to me at least, is fine. If I need to just do lore dumps and updates when the coliborns get a new gene or outfit or even coliseum drop posts to get these dragons to 25, that's fine with me since the hard part of finding eggs has been completed for months now. For those who would continue to follow this challenge, thank you for your patience and I hope to bring this challenge back to life soon.
@Tyestra, @naranciag, @Wufflesnuff, @Brr, and those subbed

Oh, ew, it's been four months since I've checked on this. I apologize. I've been having a huge burn out when it comes to creativity but I have been hatching the coliborn eggs in the background. Since Verismo, we've added Kisai, Mairi, and Capri to the group.

76865705.png 77566580.png 78268867.png

An update on the coliborns who are all gened/dressed up, only Naoki and Rook are complete. I was really hoping to finish this challenge this year (including the lore I've been writing) so I can hop into doing a Kingdomlocke with related lore afterwards, but with this hit in wanting to do anything creative it's probably gonna take longer. Which, to me at least, is fine. If I need to just do lore dumps and updates when the coliborns get a new gene or outfit or even coliseum drop posts to get these dragons to 25, that's fine with me since the hard part of finding eggs has been completed for months now.

For those who would continue to follow this challenge, thank you for your patience and I hope to bring this challenge back to life soon.
@Tyestra, @naranciag, @Wufflesnuff, @Brr, and those subbed Updating on recent hatches! For light we have: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79115986][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/791160/79115986_350.png[/img][/url] And for lightning we have: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79717351][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/797174/79717351_350.png[/img][/url] I believe I have two more eggs to hatch and then all I have to do to complete the challenge is get everyone to 25, genes and outfits! Oh and the lore, obviously. Bare with me everyone...

Updating on recent hatches!

For light we have:

79115986_350.png

And for lightning we have:

79717351_350.png

I believe I have two more eggs to hatch and then all I have to do to complete the challenge is get everyone to 25, genes and outfits! Oh and the lore, obviously. Bare with me everyone...
@Tyestra, @naranciag, @Wufflesnuff, @Brr, and those subbed Alrighty! We have our final two coliborns hatched! First off, meet Rhaegar! (ye, ye GoT name inspo) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80465234][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/804653/80465234_350.png[/img][/url] and lastly, who I almost forgot to hatch, Peppin! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81062402][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/810625/81062402_350.png[/img][/url] As of now, the collecting/hatching part of this challenge is complete! Everyone now just needs lore, leveling, outfits, genes, and then I need to once again remind myself to sit and get back to writing out the story for them. Once again, I'm so sorry for being absent from this...real life is chaotic for me as work as been understaffed and I've been doing extra shifts. I probably won't update again for awhile unless there is something major to report ^^;

Alrighty! We have our final two coliborns hatched! First off, meet Rhaegar! (ye, ye GoT name inspo)

80465234_350.png

and lastly, who I almost forgot to hatch, Peppin!

81062402_350.png

As of now, the collecting/hatching part of this challenge is complete! Everyone now just needs lore, leveling, outfits, genes, and then I need to once again remind myself to sit and get back to writing out the story for them. Once again, I'm so sorry for being absent from this...real life is chaotic for me as work as been understaffed and I've been doing extra shifts. I probably won't update again for awhile unless there is something major to report ^^;
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=6]Road to 25[/size][/font][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bnz1mrh065tlyje/icebottom.png[/img][/center] [u]Team One[/u] Dragons: Naoki (Plague), Rook (Earth), Nye (Ice) Levels: 1 - 11 [u]Notable Drops:[/u] [item=broken flower pot] x2 [item=leafy pack] x3 [item=basket of treasure] [item=treasured planter] x3 [item=satin pocketmouse] [item=ruby webwing] [item=aurelian porcupine] [item=greenroot janustrap] [item=centaur archer] x2 [item=painted centaur] [item=nebula starsilk sleeves] [b]OOC:[/b] Not gonna tag anyone cause...I'm lazy. I need food, so why not level up my coliborns finally after a year of not thinking about this challenge? Everyone who doesn't have scratch/shred will get it because I follow Culex's leveling guide until there are more variations in coli abilities. So, anonymous reader, follow along if you'd like. I can't promise more lore drops anytime soon, but I have been thinking about it and do have a game plan on the plot. If you're curious though...my lair lore plans are here: [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BmcJd-ZV8VjeqlyDbZA4D7SJBeTRmD_TnwH83G48Adk/edit?usp=sharing]click me[/url]
Road to 25icebottom.png

Team One
Dragons: Naoki (Plague), Rook (Earth), Nye (Ice)
Levels: 1 - 11

Notable Drops:
Broken Flower Pot x2 Leafy Pack x3 Basket of Treasure Treasured Planter x3
Satin Pocketmouse Ruby Webwing Aurelian Porcupine Greenroot Janustrap Centaur Archer x2 Painted Centaur
Nebula Starsilk Sleeves

OOC:
Not gonna tag anyone cause...I'm lazy.

I need food, so why not level up my coliborns finally after a year of not thinking about this challenge? Everyone who doesn't have scratch/shred will get it because I follow Culex's leveling guide until there are more variations in coli abilities.

So, anonymous reader, follow along if you'd like. I can't promise more lore drops anytime soon, but I have been thinking about it and do have a game plan on the plot. If you're curious though...my lair lore plans are here: click me
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/9haIfVW.png[/img] [b]Trigger Warning:[/b] violence, violence against a hatchling Months passed, eggs were hatched and before they knew it there were eleven hatchlings running around the Shrine. While there was joy to be had, there was also a restless unease. Destina and Yadin had yet to return from the other side of the Portal. It had been almost a year and still there was no sign of them. The dark presence also seemed to have lost interest in the cave, its hold over the area dissipating after the shadow and wind eggs hatched. Nakai knew better than to relax as his time in the village proved there were hidden dangers in the forest beyond. He had even requested the village’s security, the Defenders as they were called, to add extra patrols in the forest. It had only lasted a few months before they stopped as there was nothing out of the ordinary. Something still didn’t sit right in the pit of his stomach, so shortly after the last coliborn hatched, he decided he had to investigate himself. He debated on bringing Namjoon with him, but decided it would be best to go on his own. Joon had his claws full with rearing the young dragons, especially now there were eleven of them. This winter’s chill was slowly approaching when Nakai made up his mind to finally go look. The moon was full, lighting his way as he walked down the path from the Shrine and towards Winterspell Forest. There was a slight breeze, adding to the chill of the night. The leaves rustled above him, and Nakai found himself pulling the scarf around his neck closer. He knew of the spirits that lived within these trees, but not of their names or types. He had yet to investigate them as they hadn’t stirred up enough trouble to be a nuisance. He paused, hearing the sound of steps behind him. He dared not look behind him, his breathing slowing as he waited to see if the steps continued.There was another rustle and Nakai twisted around, raising his staff in defense as he faced what had been following him. “Ah! Don’t! It’s me!” a tiny voice cried as a pale orange obelisk hatchling cowered before him. Nakai narrowed his eyes, lowering the staff and letting out a soft sigh. “Nye…what are you…why are you following me?” he asked, reaching out to the little dragon. “I couldn’t sleep…I keep having nightmares. I saw you were leaving and figured that if I couldn’t sleep, why not see what you were up to!” Nye chirped, pushing his head into Nakai’s outstretched hand. “Did…I do something wrong?” “You shouldn’t be out here this late. It’s not safe for a hatchling,” Nakai replied, rubbing behind Nye’s ear and dropping his arm back to his side. “But! I promise I won’t get in the way. I haven’t been into the forest before…the priestesses haven’t let us leave the Shrine lately,” Nye whined. “For good reason. We don’t know what is out here.” Nakai sat back on his hindlegs and rubbed his chin, trying to think of what he should do. For all he knew, he was just being paranoid and there really was nothing out here. It couldn’t hurt to let Nye tag along for a little bit, especially because Nakai was going to turn back soon anyways. “Ugh…just for a few more minutes you can come with me. We’ll go back once I know it’s safe out here.” “Yay! I promise I’ll be quiet!” Nye exclaimed, then clasped his paws to his mouth. “Oops..sorry, starting now!” Nakai couldn’t help but let out a little laugh. He turned around again, resuming his trek deeper into the forest, Nye trailing next to him with little hops. The pair walked for what seemed like another twenty minutes before the skydancer stopped. Nothing. There was absolutely nothing out here. He felt a sense of relief. He worried for nothing. “Alright Nye..let’s-” he started, before his voice went quiet. Before him, deep red eyes glowed in the darkness. Nakai instinctively held his arm out in front of the hatchling, his own eyes narrowing into a glare. “What? Who is that?” Nye whispered, his little body starting to tremble. “Shh.” The red eyes blinked, before rising high above them. In the silence, the sounds of bones clacking together echoed. Nakai took a step back as the creature revealed himself and all of a sudden the presence he had felt a year ago seeped under his skin. It was nauseating how dark this feeling was. Before the pair stood a large imperial dragon, covered in torn, red cloth and dragon bones. A skull lay upon its own head, where the red eyes peeked out from. “I was wondering when you were going to visit. I was starting to get bored.” Its voice was deep, and seemed to echo in the night. It caused Nakai to freeze, and it took a moment for the skydancer to remember to breathe. “W-what…are you talking about?” he asked, unable to tear his eyes away from the hulking mass. “Y-you’re not a…dragon…” “Correct. I am more than that. But, for now that is not important. I am interested in that portal and I know you can tell me about it,” the imperial said. “Why?” Nakai asked, forgetting Nye was behind him. The imperial looked down at the pair, his eyes lingering on the hatchling. “Because, I want to know what’s on the other side.” “W-we…d-don’t know!” Nye stuttered, Nakai shushing him shortly after. “Why now…you’re pretty brave for a hatchling,” the imperial started, before his gaze shifted back to Nakai. “I know you know what’s behind there. Why else would you be raising eleven elemental dragons to close it?” Nakai didn’t answer. Instead, he continued to gaze at the being before him. The imperial didn’t like that and shifted his weight, the bones clacking once more. “Answer me, spirit whisperer.” “Give me your name, demon.” The imperial laughed, which caused the area around them to shudder. “Now why would I do that? So you can hold power over me? Ha! You are smarter than I thought…here…why don’t you call me…hm…Jerrett. It’s not my real name, but if it makes you feel better…” Nakai snorted, suddenly finding the courage to face the creature. He stood up straighter, reaching for his staff once more. “Ah…I wouldn’t do that. You don’t know what you’re up against,” Jerrett said, tsking. “Try me,” Nakai said, holding the staff out before him. Before he could even start his incantation, time froze. His eyes grew wide as the imperial suddenly launched forward with a crazed look upon his face. In slow motion, Nakai watched as Jerrett reached Nye with his large claws and slashed. A chilling scream echoed in the night. Nakai was unsure if it was from himself or the hatchling, but once time resumed, Nye was on the ground and Jerrett was gone. “When you’re ready to talk, come find me.” [/center] Hey look, a lore update. Big time skip since I didn't want to write out every single hatch day and this will help get the story rolling again. Our first big conflict has finally arrived! I mean, aside from Marlaia starting this whole thing...heh. I hope to wrap up the 2nd plotline of Destina/Yadin in the portal soon so I can actually finished this whole challenge. There's just so much background stuff to start addressing and write out...bare with me if you're still following this.
9haIfVW.png
Trigger Warning: violence, violence against a hatchling

Months passed, eggs were hatched and before they knew it there were eleven hatchlings running around the Shrine. While there was joy to be had, there was also a restless unease. Destina and Yadin had yet to return from the other side of the Portal. It had been almost a year and still there was no sign of them. The dark presence also seemed to have lost interest in the cave, its hold over the area dissipating after the shadow and wind eggs hatched.

Nakai knew better than to relax as his time in the village proved there were hidden dangers in the forest beyond. He had even requested the village’s security, the Defenders as they were called, to add extra patrols in the forest. It had only lasted a few months before they stopped as there was nothing out of the ordinary. Something still didn’t sit right in the pit of his stomach, so shortly after the last coliborn hatched, he decided he had to investigate himself.
He debated on bringing Namjoon with him, but decided it would be best to go on his own. Joon had his claws full with rearing the young dragons, especially now there were eleven of them.

This winter’s chill was slowly approaching when Nakai made up his mind to finally go look. The moon was full, lighting his way as he walked down the path from the Shrine and towards Winterspell Forest. There was a slight breeze, adding to the chill of the night. The leaves rustled above him, and Nakai found himself pulling the scarf around his neck closer. He knew of the spirits that lived within these trees, but not of their names or types. He had yet to investigate them as they hadn’t stirred up enough trouble to be a nuisance.

He paused, hearing the sound of steps behind him. He dared not look behind him, his breathing slowing as he waited to see if the steps continued.There was another rustle and Nakai twisted around, raising his staff in defense as he faced what had been following him.

“Ah! Don’t! It’s me!” a tiny voice cried as a pale orange obelisk hatchling cowered before him.

Nakai narrowed his eyes, lowering the staff and letting out a soft sigh. “Nye…what are you…why are you following me?” he asked, reaching out to the little dragon.

“I couldn’t sleep…I keep having nightmares. I saw you were leaving and figured that if I couldn’t sleep, why not see what you were up to!” Nye chirped, pushing his head into Nakai’s outstretched hand. “Did…I do something wrong?”

“You shouldn’t be out here this late. It’s not safe for a hatchling,” Nakai replied, rubbing behind Nye’s ear and dropping his arm back to his side.

“But! I promise I won’t get in the way. I haven’t been into the forest before…the priestesses haven’t let us leave the Shrine lately,” Nye whined.

“For good reason. We don’t know what is out here.” Nakai sat back on his hindlegs and rubbed his chin, trying to think of what he should do. For all he knew, he was just being paranoid and there really was nothing out here. It couldn’t hurt to let Nye tag along for a little bit, especially because Nakai was going to turn back soon anyways.

“Ugh…just for a few more minutes you can come with me. We’ll go back once I know it’s safe out here.”

“Yay! I promise I’ll be quiet!” Nye exclaimed, then clasped his paws to his mouth. “Oops..sorry, starting now!”

Nakai couldn’t help but let out a little laugh. He turned around again, resuming his trek deeper into the forest, Nye trailing next to him with little hops.

The pair walked for what seemed like another twenty minutes before the skydancer stopped.
Nothing. There was absolutely nothing out here. He felt a sense of relief. He worried for nothing.

“Alright Nye..let’s-” he started, before his voice went quiet.

Before him, deep red eyes glowed in the darkness. Nakai instinctively held his arm out in front of the hatchling, his own eyes narrowing into a glare.

“What? Who is that?” Nye whispered, his little body starting to tremble.

“Shh.”

The red eyes blinked, before rising high above them. In the silence, the sounds of bones clacking together echoed. Nakai took a step back as the creature revealed himself and all of a sudden the presence he had felt a year ago seeped under his skin. It was nauseating how dark this feeling was.

Before the pair stood a large imperial dragon, covered in torn, red cloth and dragon bones. A skull lay upon its own head, where the red eyes peeked out from.

“I was wondering when you were going to visit. I was starting to get bored.” Its voice was deep, and seemed to echo in the night. It caused Nakai to freeze, and it took a moment for the skydancer to remember to breathe.

“W-what…are you talking about?” he asked, unable to tear his eyes away from the hulking mass. “Y-you’re not a…dragon…”

“Correct. I am more than that. But, for now that is not important. I am interested in that portal and I know you can tell me about it,” the imperial said.

“Why?” Nakai asked, forgetting Nye was behind him.

The imperial looked down at the pair, his eyes lingering on the hatchling. “Because, I want to know what’s on the other side.”

“W-we…d-don’t know!” Nye stuttered, Nakai shushing him shortly after.

“Why now…you’re pretty brave for a hatchling,” the imperial started, before his gaze shifted back to Nakai. “I know you know what’s behind there. Why else would you be raising eleven elemental dragons to close it?”

Nakai didn’t answer. Instead, he continued to gaze at the being before him. The imperial didn’t like that and shifted his weight, the bones clacking once more. “Answer me, spirit whisperer.”

“Give me your name, demon.”
The imperial laughed, which caused the area around them to shudder. “Now why would I do that? So you can hold power over me? Ha! You are smarter than I thought…here…why don’t you call me…hm…Jerrett. It’s not my real name, but if it makes you feel better…”

Nakai snorted, suddenly finding the courage to face the creature. He stood up straighter, reaching for his staff once more.

“Ah…I wouldn’t do that. You don’t know what you’re up against,” Jerrett said, tsking.

“Try me,” Nakai said, holding the staff out before him. Before he could even start his incantation, time froze. His eyes grew wide as the imperial suddenly launched forward with a crazed look upon his face. In slow motion, Nakai watched as Jerrett reached Nye with his large claws and slashed.

A chilling scream echoed in the night. Nakai was unsure if it was from himself or the hatchling, but once time resumed, Nye was on the ground and Jerrett was gone.

“When you’re ready to talk, come find me.”

Hey look, a lore update. Big time skip since I didn't want to write out every single hatch day and this will help get the story rolling again. Our first big conflict has finally arrived! I mean, aside from Marlaia starting this whole thing...heh. I hope to wrap up the 2nd plotline of Destina/Yadin in the portal soon so I can actually finished this whole challenge. There's just so much background stuff to start addressing and write out...bare with me if you're still following this.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/9haIfVW.png[/img] [b]Content Warning:[/b] mention of blood, hatchling in distress “Nye!” Darkness. It’s all he saw, and all he felt. It was a comforting warmth and a terrible silence all in one. “Nye! Wake up!” What…who? Who was that? “Nye!” The darkness started to vibrate till it turned into a tossing and turning. He felt like he was going to be sick to his stomach. “Nye! For the love of all that’s…wake up!” The movement stopped, and nausea gave way to intense pain. He hurt all over and he felt like he had been torn to ribbons. The hatchling let out a soft cry as Nakai pressed herbs into his open wounds, blinking his eyes open only to shut them a moment later when he realized he couldn’t see. “It hurts!” he cried, his tiny paws reaching up to his face. “Don’t move! I’m…trying to help you,” Nakai breathed, pulling Nye’s paws down. “Breathe…just….breathe.” Nye was almost unconsolable, his tiny body twitching with pain, but after a few moments once the herbs finally released their pain mediation, he quieted down and slipped into a slumber once more. Nakai sat back and choked back the tears that threatened to come down. No, he wouldn’t cry. He had to focus. He had to get the hatchling back to the shrine. Genna was there…Bridget too. They could help Nye. They had to. Taking the large scarf that was normally wrapped around his neck, Nakai tucked the injured hatchling into it, before wrapping it back around himself and started the trek back towards the mountains. The wind picked up and a light snow started to fall. The older dragon pulled the scarf closer, trying to keep Nye warm. Just how far had they wandered? He didn’t think they had gone that far, but the trees started to look like he had passed them one too many times before. He couldn’t be lost…could he? He didn’t have time to wonder, he had to push forward. He cursed himself for not thinking of a way to mark the trail, to prevent something like this from happening. Did that demon do something to him too? He hissed under his breath as he started to see footprints in the snow ahead, immediately recognizing them as his own. He…was lost. Letting out a frustrated sigh, Nakai leaned against his staff, rubbing his face with one hand. Relax, think. This isn’t the first time this has happened to him. He just had…wait what was that? A blast of wind that was going in the opposite direction came from behind and Nakai turned his head around, both hands grasping his staff. He glared and waited as the atmosphere came to a standstill. The only thing that moved was the condensation from his breath. The stillness seemed to last for ten minutes, but it had only been seconds. Before the pair, a ghostly figure came into view, before manifesting itself as a pearlescent spiral dragon. She was draped in silks and furs, and the snow swirled around her. She didn’t seem threatening, but Nakai knew better than to judge appearances. “Lost, are we?” the spiral asked, her voice as sharp as ice. Nakai involuntarily shivered before clearing his throat. “It would be a lie to say no, but it also depends on what you want from me,” he replied, fully turning to face her. The spiral looked from his face down to the scarf, a brow lifting as she saw red stains against the white fabric. “Or…are we out for a late night hunt?” Nakai noticed her gaze and brought the staff in front of him. “Not a hunter…but a protector.” The spiral grinned and floated over, pushing Nakai’s staff down with ease. “Don’t worry…not everything in this forest is a threat. I thought you’d know that by now.” The spiral reached out and unwrapped Nakai’s scarf, her touching freezing against his scales. She exposed the sleeping Nye, tsking as she looked at his wounds. “Did…Jerrett do this?” she whispered, putting the hatchling onto the snow. Nakai couldn’t move, it felt as if his body was completely frozen. His heart raced as he watched the spiral, fearing she was going to bring more harm to the hatchling. ‘Move…move…’ he thought, trying to at least wiggling a toe. The spiral sighed and looked up at Nakai. “Speak…I asked you a question.” Finding his voice all of a sudden, Nakai coughed. “Y-yes. He attacked us…moments ago. Now we’re lost, trying to return to Winterspell Shrine.” “This one won’t last with all the blood he’s lost if you keep going in circles. Allow me to help him and I’ll also show you the way out.” Nakai glared at her, the spiral just smiling back. “What do you hope to gain from helping us?” “If you’re from the shrine, I’d hope you would deliver a message for me. You see, there is a priest there that I have been meaning to see but I’ve been called away for other reasons. I’m sure he misses me, but I’d like to let him know I’m okay,” the spiral explained. “What does a spirit as yourself want with a priest? You’re not haunting him are you?” Nakai asked, his tone growing serious. The spiral laughed. “Is it a haunting if I’m just curious about him? Can a spirit like myself hold such interests? I’m offering to save this little one’s life all for just a message to be relayed, how selfish are you?” Nakai swallowed and looked away. “If you doubt my word, here. Let me give you my name,” the spiral said, Nakai looking back at her. “Navani.” “Navani…ah…yes, I should’ve known…Akulli has mentioned you to me before,” Nakai muttered, his body slowly finding itself able to move again. The spiral seemed to brighten up. “Ah! You do know him! Yes, please just tell him I’ll visit him within a fortnight. He’ll understand.” Nakai was still wary of Navani, but before he could do or say anything, she reached out and touched the wounds on Nye. The bleeding came to a stop as ice seemed to slip from Navani’s claws, covering the open areas. “This will stop the bleeding, but the ice will thaw in time and he’ll need to be stitched back up and medicated to properly heal. I can show you the-wait…what’s happening?” The ice that had formed on Nye’s wounds went from a pale blue to abyssal black. “What are you doing!? Stop this at once!” Nakai shouted and pushed Navani away from Nye. He grabbed the hatchling and pulled him close, glaring at the spiral. “You said you were going to help him!” “I was! That is not my doing!” Navani snapped back, baring her icicle-like teeth. She pulled herself together, flattening the silks and fur around her. “He’s cursed. Jerrett didn’t only attack him, but cursed him. He needs to be purified once the wounds heal under the ice or else he’ll become one of that demon’s followers. He’ll attack everyone and anyone, bringing their souls for his master to feast upon.” “What? He can do that?” Nakai asked, realizing he had faced something he had yet to battle against. He was way out of his league with this spirit issue plaguing Winterspell. Navani sighed. “This place…Winterspell…do you not know about it?” she asked. Nakai blinked. “I just received a summons from Destina and before I knew it I was here…” he said, and then his eyes grew wide. “I…don’t remember how I got here…I just was…here…” “Ah…his memory spell must be getting weaker,” Navani muttered, shaking her head. “Your leaders are hiding information from you. From everyone. You might want to talk to Genna when you return…which, come. I’ll show you the way back to the shrine. Keep your promise and I’ll find someone who can purify the little one for you.” Navani grabbed Nakai’s shoulders and turned him around, before walking in front of him. “Come, we need to get those wounds healed. Also, care to tell me about why you have a portal to Tir Na Nog in a cave?” [/center] More loorrreeeee!!!! More secrets slowly being revealleeddd...aaahhhh...one of these days I'll drop what's been going on, but if you guys want a preview, feel free to look through Destina and Yadin's dragon bios. I feel like there is still a whole lot I need to write and might need to just make a thread for all the stories so it's more coherent ^^; ah well...hoping to use NotN to level up the coliborns since I think that's the last actual bit of the challenge I need to do before closing this out and making a comprehensive lore thread. Genes/outfits can come together if I do a biolocke or something...so much to do ;A;
9haIfVW.png
Content Warning: mention of blood, hatchling in distress

“Nye!”

Darkness. It’s all he saw, and all he felt. It was a comforting warmth and a terrible silence all in one.

“Nye! Wake up!”

What…who? Who was that?

“Nye!”

The darkness started to vibrate till it turned into a tossing and turning. He felt like he was going to be sick to his stomach.

“Nye! For the love of all that’s…wake up!”

The movement stopped, and nausea gave way to intense pain. He hurt all over and he felt like he had been torn to ribbons. The hatchling let out a soft cry as Nakai pressed herbs into his open wounds, blinking his eyes open only to shut them a moment later when he realized he couldn’t see.

“It hurts!” he cried, his tiny paws reaching up to his face.

“Don’t move! I’m…trying to help you,” Nakai breathed, pulling Nye’s paws down. “Breathe…just….breathe.”

Nye was almost unconsolable, his tiny body twitching with pain, but after a few moments once the herbs finally released their pain mediation, he quieted down and slipped into a slumber once more.

Nakai sat back and choked back the tears that threatened to come down. No, he wouldn’t cry. He had to focus. He had to get the hatchling back to the shrine. Genna was there…Bridget too. They could help Nye. They had to.

Taking the large scarf that was normally wrapped around his neck, Nakai tucked the injured hatchling into it, before wrapping it back around himself and started the trek back towards the mountains.

The wind picked up and a light snow started to fall. The older dragon pulled the scarf closer, trying to keep Nye warm. Just how far had they wandered? He didn’t think they had gone that far, but the trees started to look like he had passed them one too many times before. He couldn’t be lost…could he?

He didn’t have time to wonder, he had to push forward. He cursed himself for not thinking of a way to mark the trail, to prevent something like this from happening. Did that demon do something to him too? He hissed under his breath as he started to see footprints in the snow ahead, immediately recognizing them as his own.

He…was lost.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Nakai leaned against his staff, rubbing his face with one hand. Relax, think. This isn’t the first time this has happened to him. He just had…wait what was that?

A blast of wind that was going in the opposite direction came from behind and Nakai turned his head around, both hands grasping his staff. He glared and waited as the atmosphere came to a standstill. The only thing that moved was the condensation from his breath.

The stillness seemed to last for ten minutes, but it had only been seconds. Before the pair, a ghostly figure came into view, before manifesting itself as a pearlescent spiral dragon. She was draped in silks and furs, and the snow swirled around her. She didn’t seem threatening, but Nakai knew better than to judge appearances.

“Lost, are we?” the spiral asked, her voice as sharp as ice. Nakai involuntarily shivered before clearing his throat.

“It would be a lie to say no, but it also depends on what you want from me,” he replied, fully turning to face her.
The spiral looked from his face down to the scarf, a brow lifting as she saw red stains against the white fabric. “Or…are we out for a late night hunt?”

Nakai noticed her gaze and brought the staff in front of him.

“Not a hunter…but a protector.” The spiral grinned and floated over, pushing Nakai’s staff down with ease. “Don’t worry…not everything in this forest is a threat. I thought you’d know that by now.”

The spiral reached out and unwrapped Nakai’s scarf, her touching freezing against his scales. She exposed the sleeping Nye, tsking as she looked at his wounds. “Did…Jerrett do this?” she whispered, putting the hatchling onto the snow.

Nakai couldn’t move, it felt as if his body was completely frozen. His heart raced as he watched the spiral, fearing she was going to bring more harm to the hatchling. ‘Move…move…’ he thought, trying to at least wiggling a toe.

The spiral sighed and looked up at Nakai. “Speak…I asked you a question.”

Finding his voice all of a sudden, Nakai coughed. “Y-yes. He attacked us…moments ago. Now we’re lost, trying to return to Winterspell Shrine.”

“This one won’t last with all the blood he’s lost if you keep going in circles. Allow me to help him and I’ll also show you the way out.”

Nakai glared at her, the spiral just smiling back. “What do you hope to gain from helping us?”

“If you’re from the shrine, I’d hope you would deliver a message for me. You see, there is a priest there that I have been meaning to see but I’ve been called away for other reasons. I’m sure he misses me, but I’d like to let him know I’m okay,” the spiral explained.

“What does a spirit as yourself want with a priest? You’re not haunting him are you?” Nakai asked, his tone growing serious.

The spiral laughed. “Is it a haunting if I’m just curious about him? Can a spirit like myself hold such interests? I’m offering to save this little one’s life all for just a message to be relayed, how selfish are you?”

Nakai swallowed and looked away.

“If you doubt my word, here. Let me give you my name,” the spiral said, Nakai looking back at her. “Navani.”

“Navani…ah…yes, I should’ve known…Akulli has mentioned you to me before,” Nakai muttered, his body slowly finding itself able to move again.

The spiral seemed to brighten up. “Ah! You do know him! Yes, please just tell him I’ll visit him within a fortnight. He’ll understand.”

Nakai was still wary of Navani, but before he could do or say anything, she reached out and touched the wounds on Nye. The bleeding came to a stop as ice seemed to slip from Navani’s claws, covering the open areas. “This will stop the bleeding, but the ice will thaw in time and he’ll need to be stitched back up and medicated to properly heal. I can show you the-wait…what’s happening?”

The ice that had formed on Nye’s wounds went from a pale blue to abyssal black.

“What are you doing!? Stop this at once!” Nakai shouted and pushed Navani away from Nye. He grabbed the hatchling and pulled him close, glaring at the spiral. “You said you were going to help him!”

“I was! That is not my doing!” Navani snapped back, baring her icicle-like teeth. She pulled herself together, flattening the silks and fur around her. “He’s cursed. Jerrett didn’t only attack him, but cursed him. He needs to be purified once the wounds heal under the ice or else he’ll become one of that demon’s followers. He’ll attack everyone and anyone, bringing their souls for his master to feast upon.”

“What? He can do that?” Nakai asked, realizing he had faced something he had yet to battle against. He was way out of his league with this spirit issue plaguing Winterspell.

Navani sighed. “This place…Winterspell…do you not know about it?” she asked.

Nakai blinked. “I just received a summons from Destina and before I knew it I was here…” he said, and then his eyes grew wide. “I…don’t remember how I got here…I just was…here…”

“Ah…his memory spell must be getting weaker,” Navani muttered, shaking her head. “Your leaders are hiding information from you. From everyone. You might want to talk to Genna when you return…which, come. I’ll show you the way back to the shrine. Keep your promise and I’ll find someone who can purify the little one for you.”

Navani grabbed Nakai’s shoulders and turned him around, before walking in front of him. “Come, we need to get those wounds healed. Also, care to tell me about why you have a portal to Tir Na Nog in a cave?”

More loorrreeeee!!!! More secrets slowly being revealleeddd...aaahhhh...one of these days I'll drop what's been going on, but if you guys want a preview, feel free to look through Destina and Yadin's dragon bios. I feel like there is still a whole lot I need to write and might need to just make a thread for all the stories so it's more coherent ^^; ah well...hoping to use NotN to level up the coliborns since I think that's the last actual bit of the challenge I need to do before closing this out and making a comprehensive lore thread. Genes/outfits can come together if I do a biolocke or something...so much to do ;A;
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15