Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Did the egg drop rate change?
1 2
I've been working on an egg centric coli challenge for 7 years and keep track of my battles. I've gone 10s of thousands of battles without a single egg, but I've gotten 2 in the last couple weeks. I'm coming back from a long hiatus, did the drop rate change and I missed the memo or have I just hit a stroke of luck?
I've been working on an egg centric coli challenge for 7 years and keep track of my battles. I've gone 10s of thousands of battles without a single egg, but I've gotten 2 in the last couple weeks. I'm coming back from a long hiatus, did the drop rate change and I missed the memo or have I just hit a stroke of luck?
bHeX9bv.png
I've had the same thought. I returned from a three-year hiatus in August and have logged thirteen eggs since then, when I swear they used to be waaaay rarer.
I've had the same thought. I returned from a three-year hiatus in August and have logged thirteen eggs since then, when I swear they used to be waaaay rarer.
6F_F.png008F_Custom.png
Right?! Glad I'm not the only one. Kinda takes away from the challenge but 7 years is long enough to be working on a pixel project
Right?! Glad I'm not the only one. Kinda takes away from the challenge but 7 years is long enough to be working on a pixel project
bHeX9bv.png
I feel like egg drop rates went up for gathering too, though I haven't played for very long
I feel like egg drop rates went up for gathering too, though I haven't played for very long
csJrlej.png
3dokvee.png
comev47.png
QQYyU47.png
YUEtAn1.png
dEe2UrM.png
f5c0adf655eaaeb871411a368de8ed0ce8164fc9.png
RNG tends to cluster. I regularly go months without eggs then three in a week, then nothing for months again. Scavenging hasn't given me one in a very long time xD
RNG tends to cluster. I regularly go months without eggs then three in a week, then nothing for months again. Scavenging hasn't given me one in a very long time xD
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
The rates of elemental eggs have not been altered in a several years! [emoji=eternal youth size=1] [emoji=dice 2 size=1]
The rates of elemental eggs have not been altered in a several years!
Ah prices tells us chances even higher. If some years ago egg price was 350-400 now it floats around 250 per yearroundly.
Ah prices tells us chances even higher. If some years ago egg price was 350-400 now it floats around 250 per yearroundly.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-12-07 04:04:06" ] Ah prices tells us chances even higher. If some years ago egg price was 350-400 now it floats around 250 per yearroundly. [/quote] Most elemental eggs tend to sit pretty consistently around the 300 mark, especially if an ancient is going to be dropping in a nearby known future. Nature eggs basically vanished from the affordable range when Auraboa's were released lol. NotN plummets the price off Nocturne eggs right before, and right after. The middle section of the year sees all eggs scoot up in price, because its been around 5+ months since NotN and people want them for birthdays, anniversary, etc. You've also got to remember that there is pretty consistently around 2.7 [i]thousand[/i] people online at any given time, which means there is probably around 4,000+ people playing the game actively, if not more, each week etc etc. Of those thousands of people, plenty of them will be spending time in the Coliseum, for one reason or another, so that is a [i]lot[/i] of opportunity for RNG to bless someone with an egg. Five plus years ago, the member base was a lot lower, and the coliseum was a lot less populated, both in terms of venues and Players battling. That makes a LOT of difference in the availability of the eggs.
Alkhor wrote on 2023-12-07 04:04:06:

Most elemental eggs tend to sit pretty consistently around the 300 mark, especially if an ancient is going to be dropping in a nearby known future. Nature eggs basically vanished from the affordable range when Auraboa's were released lol.

NotN plummets the price off Nocturne eggs right before, and right after. The middle section of the year sees all eggs scoot up in price, because its been around 5+ months since NotN and people want them for birthdays, anniversary, etc.

You've also got to remember that there is pretty consistently around 2.7 thousand people online at any given time, which means there is probably around 4,000+ people playing the game actively, if not more, each week etc etc. Of those thousands of people, plenty of them will be spending time in the Coliseum, for one reason or another, so that is a lot of opportunity for RNG to bless someone with an egg.

Five plus years ago, the member base was a lot lower, and the coliseum was a lot less populated, both in terms of venues and Players battling. That makes a LOT of difference in the availability of the eggs.
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-12-07 04:04:06" ] Ah prices tells us chances even higher. If some years ago egg price was 350-400 now it floats around 250 per yearroundly. [/quote] I think the fact that bogsneak eggs are brewable affected this some honestly
Alkhor wrote on 2023-12-07 04:04:06:

I think the fact that bogsneak eggs are brewable affected this some honestly
VWPWMZp.png
I'm not sure but quite honestly it's frustrating because I still have all these egg tasks to do: [columns][center][item=Unhatched Plague Egg] 2[/center][nextcol][center][item=Unhatched Nature Egg] 2[/center][nextcol][center][item=Unhatched Ice Egg] 2[/center][nextcol][center][item=Unhatched Light Egg] 2[/center][nextcol][center][item=Unhatched Water Egg] 2[/center][nextcol][center][item=Unhatched Fire Egg] 1[/center][/columns] [columns][center][item=Unhatched Shadow Egg] 1[/center][nextcol][center][item=Unhatched Wind Egg] 1[/center][nextcol][center][item=Unhatched Earth Egg] 1[/center][nextcol][center][item=Unhatched Lightning Egg] 1[/center][nextcol][center][item=Unhatched Arcane Egg] 1[/center][/columns] Achievements did us unlucky folk dirty and now I have to get elemental eggs to hatch. [rule] On the plus side NotN is approaching and I can sell Noc eggs later in the year to buy what I need [s]if I don't hatch them first[/s].
I'm not sure but quite honestly it's frustrating because I still have all these egg tasks to do:
Unhatched Plague Egg
Unhatched Nature Egg
Unhatched Ice Egg
Unhatched Light Egg
Unhatched Water Egg
Unhatched Fire Egg
Unhatched Shadow Egg
Unhatched Wind Egg
Unhatched Earth Egg
Unhatched Lightning Egg
Unhatched Arcane Egg
Achievements did us unlucky folk dirty and now I have to get elemental eggs to hatch.
On the plus side NotN is approaching and I can sell Noc eggs later in the year to buy what I need if I don't hatch them first.
34822.png
Call me Nova!
He/They/It
FR +2
577.png
21402.png
1 2