Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Snapper's hands & lore ??
1 2 3 4 5
its like the old mlp cartoons where things just sort of stick to their hands and no one questions it
its like the old mlp cartoons where things just sort of stick to their hands and no one questions it
cDDSaqc.png
I headcanon that most, if not all, dragons are capable of fully shifting into an anthro form which... solves the Snapper's hands, as well. I originally came up with it to answer a questions that itched at me (that is a very good description of the feeling by the way) which was "where do eggs come from and how do we deal with unreasonable size differences?" Because yeah, I'm not going with the "boop snoot and magic happens" type of answer and giving dragons a secondary form like in DnD where an Imperial might be a humanoid a little over seven feet tall and a Fae about five seemed more... my style, I guess? [emoji=skydancer tongue size=2]
I headcanon that most, if not all, dragons are capable of fully shifting into an anthro form which... solves the Snapper's hands, as well. I originally came up with it to answer a questions that itched at me (that is a very good description of the feeling by the way) which was "where do eggs come from and how do we deal with unreasonable size differences?"

Because yeah, I'm not going with the "boop snoot and magic happens" type of answer and giving dragons a secondary form like in DnD where an Imperial might be a humanoid a little over seven feet tall and a Fae about five seemed more... my style, I guess?
I usually imagine them with claws similar to a Wickerbeast's (another example: https://ibb.co/M6QYnTW) because I don't like the look of the elephant-dragon foot hybrid, and it allows them to manipulate objects to some degree.
I usually imagine them with claws similar to a Wickerbeast's (another example: https://ibb.co/M6QYnTW) because I don't like the look of the elephant-dragon foot hybrid, and it allows them to manipulate objects to some degree.
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Baltic | He/Him | FR Time +2
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
Now that someone brought it up, it started bothering me a bit so I hastily sketched this... thing out. This is my Snapper Hands Theory[sup]TM[/sup]. Please excuse my scrambled handwriting, I did this on my laptop and I haven't quite gotten the hang of the laptop stylus yet. [img]https://i.ibb.co/XDL0f8M/Screenshot-2023-11-28-122500.png[/img] Basically, Snappers knuckle walk. To protect their knuckles from getting bashed around by the sharp rocks in Earth domain, they have developed very thick skin over their knuckles that looks almost like a toenail. They also have a thick flap of skin that folds down over their toes while they walk, to further protect them. This creates the "elephant feet" illusion. However, their toes are still very thick and strong to support the massive bulk of their bodies; they're not the most dexterous, but they can handle tools and writing implements fairly well! (This is all headcannon without any ties into official lore.)
Now that someone brought it up, it started bothering me a bit so I hastily sketched this... thing out. This is my Snapper Hands TheoryTM. Please excuse my scrambled handwriting, I did this on my laptop and I haven't quite gotten the hang of the laptop stylus yet.

Screenshot-2023-11-28-122500.png

Basically, Snappers knuckle walk. To protect their knuckles from getting bashed around by the sharp rocks in Earth domain, they have developed very thick skin over their knuckles that looks almost like a toenail. They also have a thick flap of skin that folds down over their toes while they walk, to further protect them. This creates the "elephant feet" illusion. However, their toes are still very thick and strong to support the massive bulk of their bodies; they're not the most dexterous, but they can handle tools and writing implements fairly well! (This is all headcannon without any ties into official lore.)
eX9xO4g.png water.gif
Art Dump
Free Scries + Outfits
Art Shop (1 SLOT OPEN)
Hatchery
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxuJo6rRQ.png
@Mangorain - This is fantastic, and I'm adopting it immediately. My headcanon about the spears is that they're pretty much only used by breeds like Wildclaws that can move bipedally, or Beastclans. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81340057][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/813401/81340057_350.png[/img][/url] Same goes for most of the other weapon apparel.
@Mangorain - This is fantastic, and I'm adopting it immediately.

My headcanon about the spears is that they're pretty much only used by breeds like Wildclaws that can move bipedally, or Beastclans.

81340057_350.png

Same goes for most of the other weapon apparel.
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
i think theyve just got really thick fingers, so while they're not very dexterous, they can still use their hands.

doing things like making small details or building miniatures is Very difficult for them, but its ok.
i think theyve just got really thick fingers, so while they're not very dexterous, they can still use their hands.

doing things like making small details or building miniatures is Very difficult for them, but its ok.
da64ef312bfd4b00d218c14836b871f044bfa0a7.png Marcie | 28 | they/them | professional fun-haver :} e74fe9ca98503e92fc3b7b5bf41fefc156cac0e5.png
I just imagine that they have hippo feet and have less hand dexerity. Rip their ability to fly and to do other things but also. its nice to have different things than the same talons on every breed imo.
I just imagine that they have hippo feet and have less hand dexerity. Rip their ability to fly and to do other things but also. its nice to have different things than the same talons on every breed imo.
Clay/Hazel/Blake
They/Them and He/Him

tumblr_inline_ny7iucYIcg1qmzhvw_540.png
[quote name="ShadowWas" date="2023-11-27 18:02:36" ] I'm not a fan of Snapper feet.... I sometimes reimagine them though, as somewhat more dexterous and adapted to digging. I found some cool art that does so. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/tJV3JPfR/AiN8KZC.png[/img] [/quote] well now i just want these instead of the snappers we got [emoji=coatl sad size=1] i always imagined snappers as more crocodilian, those feet would fit perfectly for them....
ShadowWas wrote on 2023-11-27 18:02:36:
I'm not a fan of Snapper feet.... I sometimes reimagine them though, as somewhat more dexterous and adapted to digging. I found some cool art that does so.

AiN8KZC.png
well now i just want these instead of the snappers we got i always imagined snappers as more crocodilian, those feet would fit perfectly for them....
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/Z5RsV22q/IMG-2124.jpg[/img] I’ve always imagined they have feet kinda like these, a bit different in setup but they just have big nails/hooves they walk on but they can still grasp stuff when they open their hands!
IMG-2124.jpg

I’ve always imagined they have feet kinda like these, a bit different in setup but they just have big nails/hooves they walk on but they can still grasp stuff when they open their hands!
HX0RiC0.png
I was just thinking about this last night because of one of my dragons! But, similar to others in the thread, I ended up coming up with the solution that she would simply "stand" herself up to get a better angle on what she was doing, and then hold the item with her mouth instead. Sure, Snapper mouths don't look the best for it, but naturally we have to have some level of disbelief around this sort of thing XD
I was just thinking about this last night because of one of my dragons! But, similar to others in the thread, I ended up coming up with the solution that she would simply "stand" herself up to get a better angle on what she was doing, and then hold the item with her mouth instead. Sure, Snapper mouths don't look the best for it, but naturally we have to have some level of disbelief around this sort of thing XD
~~Wishlist~~
6dNll8V.gif
1 2 3 4 5