Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thoughts on lair purging?
I'm currently in the midst of what I think is the larges lair purge I've done! I have a tendency to hang on to unfinished projects and old lore dragons, so I had a lot of 'em.
But somehow I finally got it in me to kick them out and honestly, it's a relief!

It's like a whole bunch of mental space just got freed up and I can actually better focus on the parts of my lair that actually matter to me! :D

So what about you all? Have you done any purges? How did you feel about it if you did?
I'm currently in the midst of what I think is the larges lair purge I've done! I have a tendency to hang on to unfinished projects and old lore dragons, so I had a lot of 'em.
But somehow I finally got it in me to kick them out and honestly, it's a relief!

It's like a whole bunch of mental space just got freed up and I can actually better focus on the parts of my lair that actually matter to me! :D

So what about you all? Have you done any purges? How did you feel about it if you did?
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
I'm working on one basically. I purged a bunch of dragons a few months ago and other ones im unsure of im keeping in a different tab and seeing if I care about them. Little by little I'm purging the ones that I realize I dont want.

Its honestly really nice, cus now I have so much room for dragons
I'm working on one basically. I purged a bunch of dragons a few months ago and other ones im unsure of im keeping in a different tab and seeing if I care about them. Little by little I'm purging the ones that I realize I dont want.

Its honestly really nice, cus now I have so much room for dragons
70573973.pngCBsJXZk.gif
I did one a year or two ago and I felt so much better afterwards. I had fallen out of love with a lot of dragons that I had put lore or art into and felt bad getting rid of. Finally just giving in and selling them freed up so much space both literally and creatively and I changed my lore in a whole new direction

10/10, would recommend
I did one a year or two ago and I felt so much better afterwards. I had fallen out of love with a lot of dragons that I had put lore or art into and felt bad getting rid of. Finally just giving in and selling them freed up so much space both literally and creatively and I changed my lore in a whole new direction

10/10, would recommend
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art of a green mirror plushie with brown buttone eyes. Art Shop
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
Art of a red wildclaw from the chest up with pink feathers.
Just finished my third lair purge not too long ago. I find that after a few years, I get a bit burned out on any specific project, and it's a great feeling being able to wipe the metaphorical slate clean and start over.
Just finished my third lair purge not too long ago. I find that after a few years, I get a bit burned out on any specific project, and it's a great feeling being able to wipe the metaphorical slate clean and start over.
mine-birb1.png x he/him | FR + 4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 59953779.png
100% worth it. I’m probably due for another purge, I just have to figure it out once the semester is over. May be a summet project as this winter will be busy.
100% worth it. I’m probably due for another purge, I just have to figure it out once the semester is over. May be a summet project as this winter will be busy.
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
Honestly yeah! I find the biggest problem for me is like "i want them to go to good homes" or "these two need to stay together" so they sit in my sales forever ;-;
Honestly yeah! I find the biggest problem for me is like "i want them to go to good homes" or "these two need to stay together" so they sit in my sales forever ;-;
I go through every few weeks and clean out my lair a bit. I have a habit of acquiring dragons faster than I can buy lair space. I'm probably about due for another one, things are getting pretty cramped and I spent all my treasure on Auraboa genes lol
I go through every few weeks and clean out my lair a bit. I have a habit of acquiring dragons faster than I can buy lair space. I'm probably about due for another one, things are getting pretty cramped and I spent all my treasure on Auraboa genes lol
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf
Currently going through a lair... "sorting" myself. Looking forward to being done! It's so nice afterward :D
Currently going through a lair... "sorting" myself. Looking forward to being done! It's so nice afterward :D
I used to do a TON of lair purges when I was still new, but now I can't even imagine myself doing one because I've grown way too attached to all of my ~190+ dragons! My poor lair space can't hold them all...
I used to do a TON of lair purges when I was still new, but now I can't even imagine myself doing one because I've grown way too attached to all of my ~190+ dragons! My poor lair space can't hold them all...
20240124-2118111.gif