Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli- attract specific enemy?
1 2
I dread new swipp/baldwin recipes coming out that require Coliseum drops, because farming a specific material is mind-numbingly tedious. A big part of why that is is that getting the creature that drops the material you want to show up at all is such a crapshoot- you can easily go a dozen or more battles without seeing one of the target creature, and of course they're not guaranteed to drop the item you actually need. For something like a Swipp gene that requires 50+ of a single drop, this becomes a huge, boring time investment.

"But @InsanityPrelude, there need to be things on the site you have to WORK for!" I'm here to have fun and sitting here hitting the same three keyboard keys ad nauseum isn't fun.

My suggestion is a battlestone skill or a "bait" consumable battle item that increases (doesn't have to guarantee) the encounter rate for the enemy you use it on for a time. Maybe make bosses immune to it, if you're worried about people being able to farm rare materials/familiars from them, but a way to attract a specific regular mob would be immensely helpful.
I dread new swipp/baldwin recipes coming out that require Coliseum drops, because farming a specific material is mind-numbingly tedious. A big part of why that is is that getting the creature that drops the material you want to show up at all is such a crapshoot- you can easily go a dozen or more battles without seeing one of the target creature, and of course they're not guaranteed to drop the item you actually need. For something like a Swipp gene that requires 50+ of a single drop, this becomes a huge, boring time investment.

"But @InsanityPrelude, there need to be things on the site you have to WORK for!" I'm here to have fun and sitting here hitting the same three keyboard keys ad nauseum isn't fun.

My suggestion is a battlestone skill or a "bait" consumable battle item that increases (doesn't have to guarantee) the encounter rate for the enemy you use it on for a time. Maybe make bosses immune to it, if you're worried about people being able to farm rare materials/familiars from them, but a way to attract a specific regular mob would be immensely helpful.
Chewy Tentacle
That's a fun suggestion. The best way I'd see it is to attract per elemental type, since that's an easy categorization. I'd be interested to see where this goes!
That's a fun suggestion. The best way I'd see it is to attract per elemental type, since that's an easy categorization. I'd be interested to see where this goes!
4BheGMt.png
CSewt7J.png
4MTkm8J.png
HxL61bT.png
HyCW0z4.png
dEo6ta2.png

EuremaIgnis.png

Q7s2M.gifKBKnm.gifYExID.gifFRQ6L.gif5Pa6H.gifwcD44.gif
Yes please. I'm going to go blind looking at my screen grinding the coliseum for hours
Yes please. I'm going to go blind looking at my screen grinding the coliseum for hours
zbfZPyc.png

Coliseum drop rates are ridiculous and ingame economy is not worth forcing people to mindlessly grind
Yeah, I'd be in favor of this. Grinding out materials for hibden slots can be really frustrating given how capricious the Coli RNG is, so I would love it if I was able to get a little bit of a boost.
Yeah, I'd be in favor of this. Grinding out materials for hibden slots can be really frustrating given how capricious the Coli RNG is, so I would love it if I was able to get a little bit of a boost.
I'm always in support of lure items as long as they don't 100% guarantee you'll get it. Another idea is a elemental lure that lures out enemies with that element, that way it's not too specific but just helpful enough to be valuable.
I'm always in support of lure items as long as they don't 100% guarantee you'll get it. Another idea is a elemental lure that lures out enemies with that element, that way it's not too specific but just helpful enough to be valuable.
w2GVor2.jpg
Throwing my support behind this. A consumable "lure" to increase the appearance rate of desired mobs for, say, an hour would be incredible. I agree with above posters that it could simply lure out enemies of a particular element.
Throwing my support behind this. A consumable "lure" to increase the appearance rate of desired mobs for, say, an hour would be incredible. I agree with above posters that it could simply lure out enemies of a particular element.
Nuzlocke (on hiatus)
kuiMdyV.png
Support. As long as it isn't "you get 100% this enemy for 1 hour" I think this could be a good idea.
Support. As long as it isn't "you get 100% this enemy for 1 hour" I think this could be a good idea.
517049zmdkjrcqj5.gif
We chillin'
Honestly I feel like something small like this might make more people want to actually play coli. Because lets be honest get all but what you need is annoying to a whole 'nother level
Honestly I feel like something small like this might make more people want to actually play coli. Because lets be honest get all but what you need is annoying to a whole 'nother level
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Lair Purge&Sales
»Pinkerlocke

Buy!
I like the idea of a consumeable lure too, there can even be different ones based on how strong they are (increasing the percentage chance of attracting a certain enemy) or how long they last, so there is a kinda rarity system to them.
I like the idea of a consumeable lure too, there can even be different ones based on how strong they are (increasing the percentage chance of attracting a certain enemy) or how long they last, so there is a kinda rarity system to them.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I'd like this idea. It'd make hibernal den slot tasks, Baldwin recipes, and other stuff a whole lot easier.
I'd like this idea. It'd make hibernal den slot tasks, Baldwin recipes, and other stuff a whole lot easier.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
1 2