Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Most underwhelming ancient tert?
1 2 3
Brightshine
Brightshine
Sorry but I've never seen a good dragon with pufferfish.
Sorry but I've never seen a good dragon with pufferfish.
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
Riot

it just looks awkward. like how do they walk without stabbing themselves
Riot

it just looks awkward. like how do they walk without stabbing themselves
Webp-net-resizeimage-2.png
• Brightshine
It doesn't flow well with the poses. It kinda disrupts the line of action and I've never found a use for it.
• Thundercrack
same /\
• Riot
It doesn't cover enough space and definitely doesn't seem Plague-y

The 3 feel all feel kinda rushed. Not Flameforger though, I love you Flameforger<3
• Brightshine
It doesn't flow well with the poses. It kinda disrupts the line of action and I've never found a use for it.
• Thundercrack
same /\
• Riot
It doesn't cover enough space and definitely doesn't seem Plague-y

The 3 feel all feel kinda rushed. Not Flameforger though, I love you Flameforger<3
2.png
HdmxfuE.png
Mrw4w2X.png
Aberration: Polypore. The mushrooms don't contour to the shape of the dragon, have flat almost non-existent shading, and are all growing in the same direction (Only exception is on the tail), regardless of the mushroom's position on the dragon's body parts. (Which only makes sense if they're growing like this on a completely immobile statue.)
Love the idea, just... don't love the execution here. It looks more like mushroom stickers are plastered all over the static dragon image than something that would be part of the dragon.

Aether: Space. A massive ugly tentacle appendage coming from the back of the head. It looks appropriately alien, and I understand what it is based on... but it's just too highly situational for me. I just don't see myself ever wanting this look on any of my dragons. Not a bad option, it's just not for me.

Auraboa: Batty. Also known as Gliders 2.0, but not an improvement. The added wings just end up looking incredibly flat and unfitting on the dragon.
Shoutout to Crest for looking more like folded paper than feathers, and Spines on the Female pose for being 98% invisible.

Banescale: Gliders. Ugly and slightly cluttered looking, especially on the Female pose. Only looks decent when the Primary and Tertiary match, otherwise it just looks extremely unnatural.

Gaoler: Riot. Awkwardly placed (the wing pad on the Male pose gets skewered.) and flat looking.

Sandsurge: Tie between Beard and Shark. Beard just looks strange on a non-fuzzy breed, and it covers a non-subtle amount of the dragon. Shark adds a coloured patch and random shark bits on the dragon's back and tail... but it looks more like a necromancer brought something back to life the wrong way than anything, as the shark fins compete for space with the dragon's existing anatomy. Blocked and crowded by other body parts, the shark bits would be completely functionless.

Undertide: Featherbeard. Why does an underwater breed have feathers...? It covers such a small area, but doesn't work as a subtle gene to salvage awkward terts. I suppose this has the opposite problems to Beard, though they both seem unfitting for the breed they're exclusive to.

Veilspun: Beetle. I like the idea of adding elytra / carapace to the bug-like breed, but the execution just doesn't work for me. It looks ill-fitted on the Female pose, and in general comes off as a costume piece rather than a piece of anatomy.
Aberration: Polypore. The mushrooms don't contour to the shape of the dragon, have flat almost non-existent shading, and are all growing in the same direction (Only exception is on the tail), regardless of the mushroom's position on the dragon's body parts. (Which only makes sense if they're growing like this on a completely immobile statue.)
Love the idea, just... don't love the execution here. It looks more like mushroom stickers are plastered all over the static dragon image than something that would be part of the dragon.

Aether: Space. A massive ugly tentacle appendage coming from the back of the head. It looks appropriately alien, and I understand what it is based on... but it's just too highly situational for me. I just don't see myself ever wanting this look on any of my dragons. Not a bad option, it's just not for me.

Auraboa: Batty. Also known as Gliders 2.0, but not an improvement. The added wings just end up looking incredibly flat and unfitting on the dragon.
Shoutout to Crest for looking more like folded paper than feathers, and Spines on the Female pose for being 98% invisible.

Banescale: Gliders. Ugly and slightly cluttered looking, especially on the Female pose. Only looks decent when the Primary and Tertiary match, otherwise it just looks extremely unnatural.

Gaoler: Riot. Awkwardly placed (the wing pad on the Male pose gets skewered.) and flat looking.

Sandsurge: Tie between Beard and Shark. Beard just looks strange on a non-fuzzy breed, and it covers a non-subtle amount of the dragon. Shark adds a coloured patch and random shark bits on the dragon's back and tail... but it looks more like a necromancer brought something back to life the wrong way than anything, as the shark fins compete for space with the dragon's existing anatomy. Blocked and crowded by other body parts, the shark bits would be completely functionless.

Undertide: Featherbeard. Why does an underwater breed have feathers...? It covers such a small area, but doesn't work as a subtle gene to salvage awkward terts. I suppose this has the opposite problems to Beard, though they both seem unfitting for the breed they're exclusive to.

Veilspun: Beetle. I like the idea of adding elytra / carapace to the bug-like breed, but the execution just doesn't work for me. It looks ill-fitted on the Female pose, and in general comes off as a costume piece rather than a piece of anatomy.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
never been a big fan of stinger

starfall's also not my fave, I think it has something to do with the glow. it feels like it's missing something
never been a big fan of stinger

starfall's also not my fave, I think it has something to do with the glow. it feels like it's missing something
0e339d30-3d6e-11e9-8895-1988d6584d7c.gifnew_piskel__4__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc78euy.gifnew_piskel__2__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc6yqrm.gifnew_piskel__5__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc78stw.gifgamqog1.gifZksdOni.gifnew_piskel__3__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc74o4j.gifr2mttMy.gifGHWRE8R.gifyeetingingingign.gif
1.Batty and Gliders. Both are highly situational and a pain to use. I call them Gliders and not Gliders.
2.Brightshine and Starfall. Brightshine needs more depth than it has,and maybe it wouldn’t look like sparkle 2.0. Starfall seems…unorganized I guess? Like…it doesn’t know what it’s doing tbh.
3.Featherbeard and Plating. Not sure why a deep sea dragon would need feathers at all. Plating looks bad,too bulky and not enough coverage on the body.
4.Chitin is nice,but could use some adjustment to make it look less awkward.
1.Batty and Gliders. Both are highly situational and a pain to use. I call them Gliders and not Gliders.
2.Brightshine and Starfall. Brightshine needs more depth than it has,and maybe it wouldn’t look like sparkle 2.0. Starfall seems…unorganized I guess? Like…it doesn’t know what it’s doing tbh.
3.Featherbeard and Plating. Not sure why a deep sea dragon would need feathers at all. Plating looks bad,too bulky and not enough coverage on the body.
4.Chitin is nice,but could use some adjustment to make it look less awkward.
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif[url= 7EiI5KP.jpeg
Featherbeard. It's so underwhelming. The first time I scried it I didn't even notice it.. I thought something was wrong with my PC and it was failing to load the whole gene. Boy was I disappointed...

I don't care for Gliders and Pufferfish either. The idea of Gliders is cool but the way they're colored often doesn't work for me. And Pufferfish just looks painful.
Featherbeard. It's so underwhelming. The first time I scried it I didn't even notice it.. I thought something was wrong with my PC and it was failing to load the whole gene. Boy was I disappointed...

I don't care for Gliders and Pufferfish either. The idea of Gliders is cool but the way they're colored often doesn't work for me. And Pufferfish just looks painful.
wsC9LP4.jpg
Aberration: Polypore. I'm usually into mushroomy aesthetics, but... ehhh shelf fungus just ends up looking awkward pasted onto a dragon, Frills does the fungal look better.

Aether: I like all of its exclusive linebreakers, honestly.

Auraboa: Terracotta. What even?

Banescale: Gliders, I guess, because it looks out of place with most non-XYX or XYY color combos.

Gaoler: Scorpion doesn't really work with the fluff and Angler should have been on Undertides instead.

Sandsurge: Shark. Entertaining concept, doesn't really work in execution.

Undertide: Featherbeard. Why is this on the underwater dragon?

Veilspun: I'm not a huge fan of Thorns tbh.
Aberration: Polypore. I'm usually into mushroomy aesthetics, but... ehhh shelf fungus just ends up looking awkward pasted onto a dragon, Frills does the fungal look better.

Aether: I like all of its exclusive linebreakers, honestly.

Auraboa: Terracotta. What even?

Banescale: Gliders, I guess, because it looks out of place with most non-XYX or XYY color combos.

Gaoler: Scorpion doesn't really work with the fluff and Angler should have been on Undertides instead.

Sandsurge: Shark. Entertaining concept, doesn't really work in execution.

Undertide: Featherbeard. Why is this on the underwater dragon?

Veilspun: I'm not a huge fan of Thorns tbh.
Chewy Tentacle
Batty on auraboas, idk I just didn't get that "woah!!!" I got from the other terts for the breed, objectively not bad, but can't see myself reaching for it
Batty on auraboas, idk I just didn't get that "woah!!!" I got from the other terts for the breed, objectively not bad, but can't see myself reaching for it
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
1 2 3