Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ancient with too many legs
1 2
what you guys thoughts. i know aethers have 4 arms and auraboas have scuttle gene but like a ancient that visibly has too many legs. maybe 8 + legs. how would that work out and what flight would it belong to? earth wind and light need and ancient, but idk if it fits any of them, though ofc "lots of legs" isnt much to go by and it could be interpretaed in any way.
what you guys thoughts. i know aethers have 4 arms and auraboas have scuttle gene but like a ancient that visibly has too many legs. maybe 8 + legs. how would that work out and what flight would it belong to? earth wind and light need and ancient, but idk if it fits any of them, though ofc "lots of legs" isnt much to go by and it could be interpretaed in any way.
If there were an ancient with many legs to come out, I think it would be neat for it to be earths ancient. A centipede-like dragon that utilizes its many legs to navigate caves and tunnels underground
If there were an ancient with many legs to come out, I think it would be neat for it to be earths ancient. A centipede-like dragon that utilizes its many legs to navigate caves and tunnels underground
eBBsRX8.png
I think the hardest part about this is making it 'cute' enough so not too many people freak out due to phobias.
I think the hardest part about this is making it 'cute' enough so not too many people freak out due to phobias.
natureshieldl.pngPlease PM if I missed your ping.natureshieldr.png
[quote name="Coop7011" date="2023-11-22 04:50:22" ] I think the hardest part about this is making it 'cute' enough so not too many people freak out due to phobias. [/quote] I can imagine that would work on the fundementals of design, could probably design the creature or dragon in such a case that the many legs just look like something very different For instance I can see a second lightning modern or ancient having many limbs that twist into normal looking ones which only unfurl when in grave danger.
Coop7011 wrote on 2023-11-22 04:50:22:

I can imagine that would work on the fundementals of design, could probably design the creature or dragon in such a case that the many legs just look like something very different

For instance I can see a second lightning modern or ancient having many limbs that twist into normal looking ones which only unfurl when in grave danger.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
Cute tardigrade dragon.
Cute tardigrade dragon.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
probably wouldn't work due to phobias, but i could imagine a plague ancient with too many legs that has a mutant aesthetic. other than that, this could probably work for nature with a kind of centipede-like dragon, or the same concept but spookier for a shadow dragon.
probably wouldn't work due to phobias, but i could imagine a plague ancient with too many legs that has a mutant aesthetic. other than that, this could probably work for nature with a kind of centipede-like dragon, or the same concept but spookier for a shadow dragon.
7GZL67L.png 7ymLY8t.png
6YtLZau.png
dIMtL1H.png
FJ98AnN.png
eswSnrS.png
bYt72YT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
ll0CfnD.png
0HBKL8H.png
7GZL67L.png
[quote name="SCB" date="2023-11-22 05:29:44" ] Cute tardigrade dragon. [/quote] Avoid phobias with chubby legs [emoji=ridgeback love size=1]
SCB wrote on 2023-11-22 05:29:44:
Cute tardigrade dragon.

Avoid phobias with chubby legs
I've been thinking about a sleipnir based ancient for a long time now! I think it could be a fun breed for either earth or light (strongest horse, used by the wisest deity) (maybe a stouter, mythology-accurate body for earth, or a winowy, deer-like body for light? idk im just spitballin here now lol)
I've been thinking about a sleipnir based ancient for a long time now! I think it could be a fun breed for either earth or light (strongest horse, used by the wisest deity) (maybe a stouter, mythology-accurate body for earth, or a winowy, deer-like body for light? idk im just spitballin here now lol)
ping me to get my attention
since centipedes are often found in hot areas like deserts & rainforests, maybe Fire? though i could also see them happily as Earth or Nature as well. and Plague certainly has room for a manylegs too! or toss em into Arcane. or some kind of deep-sea Water creature. there are a lot of ways it could go right, i think :)
since centipedes are often found in hot areas like deserts & rainforests, maybe Fire? though i could also see them happily as Earth or Nature as well. and Plague certainly has room for a manylegs too! or toss em into Arcane. or some kind of deep-sea Water creature. there are a lot of ways it could go right, i think :)
I'd kill for a Sleipnir-inspired ancient
The extra set of legs on aethers gets totally lost in their fluff, so I'm kind of over "spindly" as a design choice cause it makes it too easy to pretend the dragon still has a 4-leg silhouette, give me something where all 6+ of the legs end in big meaty paws
I'd kill for a Sleipnir-inspired ancient
The extra set of legs on aethers gets totally lost in their fluff, so I'm kind of over "spindly" as a design choice cause it makes it too easy to pretend the dragon still has a 4-leg silhouette, give me something where all 6+ of the legs end in big meaty paws
tumblr_static_borrzsxt3s0gkc4w80c8ok4k0.pngtumblr_of3qldbjBv1rxsxifo1_r6_100.png
1 2