Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Literomantic Account of Intimifections
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Missing laughed softly as they went, before drifting off back the other way to reincorporate themselves with some throng of gossiping society types. Surely there must be some people here who cared about something more intellectual than scandal..? Well. One could hope.
Missing laughed softly as they went, before drifting off back the other way to reincorporate themselves with some throng of gossiping society types. Surely there must be some people here who cared about something more intellectual than scandal..? Well. One could hope.
what if you pm'd me to be my friend? haha jk jk jk...
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
(buffer post to keep the post colors right)
(buffer post to keep the post colors right)
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
It was some time after Missing had heard word of Void’s rather… dramatic departure from Court, stabbing and all, that Missing dug up an actual lead on that strange card game.

After following up on a few rumours they had encountered among those few in society who claimed to know a thing or two about where they might begin, Missing had found themselves caring a rather mood-swing prone monkey with them around the Forgotten Quarter while they gathered supplies for expeditions.

The monkey was an annoyance at best and a hazard at worst, but if his uncanny ability to play card games was any indication, he seemed to be a step in the right direction.

When the monkey led them to the door of the Cathedral of St. Fiacres, they knew they were going to be in for a more exhausting search than they had initially anticipated.

They did not like the bishop from the moment they saw him, but his demanding several hundred candles from them before he would say a single word about anything cemented it—and now he was saying they needed seventy-seven first city coins? Where were they supposed to find those?

“Bought, gambled, or freely given…” they had muttered to themselves as they wrote letters to their few friends—Void, and a rather eccentric individual named Saint who’s knowledge of London and willingness to lend it was a benefit that outweighed their odd behavior—in hopes that maybe one of them knew where to begin with such a thing.
It was some time after Missing had heard word of Void’s rather… dramatic departure from Court, stabbing and all, that Missing dug up an actual lead on that strange card game.

After following up on a few rumours they had encountered among those few in society who claimed to know a thing or two about where they might begin, Missing had found themselves caring a rather mood-swing prone monkey with them around the Forgotten Quarter while they gathered supplies for expeditions.

The monkey was an annoyance at best and a hazard at worst, but if his uncanny ability to play card games was any indication, he seemed to be a step in the right direction.

When the monkey led them to the door of the Cathedral of St. Fiacres, they knew they were going to be in for a more exhausting search than they had initially anticipated.

They did not like the bishop from the moment they saw him, but his demanding several hundred candles from them before he would say a single word about anything cemented it—and now he was saying they needed seventy-seven first city coins? Where were they supposed to find those?

“Bought, gambled, or freely given…” they had muttered to themselves as they wrote letters to their few friends—Void, and a rather eccentric individual named Saint who’s knowledge of London and willingness to lend it was a benefit that outweighed their odd behavior—in hopes that maybe one of them knew where to begin with such a thing.
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
The Silver-Tongued Serpent had been around for a long, long time.

Well. He supposed that was a little dramatic. Forty years, at most. Fifty, if he really felt like being pedantic—which he often was, honestly, what was the harm?

It had been a while since he had made any new progress with, well—anything. It felt like going to sleep for a very long time, and just now he was shaking off the cobwebs of not-dreams to prowl the waking world once more.

What was he doing before this?

Ah. He'd wanted recognition. He'd wanted a nicer home. He'd wanted more time with his husband—honestly, what was his Jewel-Thief doing out so late at night? Surely he couldn't be burgling homes every blasted night? When was the last bloody time they'd even shared a passion?

Shaking his head, Surya swirled the glass of 1868 First Sporing before taking another sip, savoring the vintage. He'd earned it. He had, in fact, earned some of the recognition he had wanted. Of course, there was more to chase, but for now, he was content.

As of three days ago, the Silver-Tongued Serpent, Honored Guest of the Boil of Calamities and Honorary Fingerking, was considered a Legendary Charisma. And then he'd gone and picked up a protegé. Someone new to the Neath, someone who reminded him of—

Well. No need to think of her right then. After all, who knew who was listening, hmm?

Finishing his wine, Surya stretched luxuriously, reaching for his letter opener and his unopened pile of mail.

A package from Mr. Pages, an invite to a party, a bill...oh? What was this? A letter from Mx. Void?

To Surya,

A friend of mine has come into contact with quite the fascinating card game and is in need of 90 First City coins. It seems they just need them as...proof of ownership, I suppose, and will return them once they no longer need them. Would you have any to spare? I would assist them myself but I do not have the coins necessary to give them even a single bundle of 30. If you do choose to help, I have enclosed their contact information.

Best Regards,

Void

Well, that was interesting. Oh, Surya had no stake in the situation, but if his protegé had asked...

He plucked a heavy envelope from his stationery collection and added the 90 coins, adding a little note within.

A mutual friend told me you were in need of these, darling. Do be sure to return them once you're finished, I only have so many and these are an utter pain to collect.

Regards,

The Silver-Tongued Serpent, though please, call me Surya.

Sealed and posted barely an hour afterwards, Surya considered his next move.

It seemed that his life was about to get far more interesting.
The Silver-Tongued Serpent had been around for a long, long time.

Well. He supposed that was a little dramatic. Forty years, at most. Fifty, if he really felt like being pedantic—which he often was, honestly, what was the harm?

It had been a while since he had made any new progress with, well—anything. It felt like going to sleep for a very long time, and just now he was shaking off the cobwebs of not-dreams to prowl the waking world once more.

What was he doing before this?

Ah. He'd wanted recognition. He'd wanted a nicer home. He'd wanted more time with his husband—honestly, what was his Jewel-Thief doing out so late at night? Surely he couldn't be burgling homes every blasted night? When was the last bloody time they'd even shared a passion?

Shaking his head, Surya swirled the glass of 1868 First Sporing before taking another sip, savoring the vintage. He'd earned it. He had, in fact, earned some of the recognition he had wanted. Of course, there was more to chase, but for now, he was content.

As of three days ago, the Silver-Tongued Serpent, Honored Guest of the Boil of Calamities and Honorary Fingerking, was considered a Legendary Charisma. And then he'd gone and picked up a protegé. Someone new to the Neath, someone who reminded him of—

Well. No need to think of her right then. After all, who knew who was listening, hmm?

Finishing his wine, Surya stretched luxuriously, reaching for his letter opener and his unopened pile of mail.

A package from Mr. Pages, an invite to a party, a bill...oh? What was this? A letter from Mx. Void?

To Surya,

A friend of mine has come into contact with quite the fascinating card game and is in need of 90 First City coins. It seems they just need them as...proof of ownership, I suppose, and will return them once they no longer need them. Would you have any to spare? I would assist them myself but I do not have the coins necessary to give them even a single bundle of 30. If you do choose to help, I have enclosed their contact information.

Best Regards,

Void

Well, that was interesting. Oh, Surya had no stake in the situation, but if his protegé had asked...

He plucked a heavy envelope from his stationery collection and added the 90 coins, adding a little note within.

A mutual friend told me you were in need of these, darling. Do be sure to return them once you're finished, I only have so many and these are an utter pain to collect.

Regards,

The Silver-Tongued Serpent, though please, call me Surya.

Sealed and posted barely an hour afterwards, Surya considered his next move.

It seemed that his life was about to get far more interesting.
BFD or Butters! your local void entity and hollow knight fan, hmu if you want to scream about the Pale King and/or Lurien the Watcher

#1 Rezhong Enjoyer, Azhdaha deserved better :( let the sad rock dragon grandpas hold hands

P9aWhak.png soseY8L.pngTl1dGxE.pngv2PJF9u.pngJvUa9ma.png
Missing had been borderline about to give up on this whole matter altogether. Truly, what had they gotten out of it so far? A monkey that seemed more trouble than he was worth (he couldn’t even steal a coin for them, and he somehow seemed to have a much better idea of where those coins might be), and a conversation with an irritating bishop.

Not exactly their hearts desire in either case.

And there was still the very real possibility this would lead to a dead end anyway, so if something didn’t turn up soon that made them feel like finding these 78 coins was possible, they were shelving the whole ordeal and moving on to something else. The bishop had made the rather unhelpful suggestion that perhaps one of the masters would be willing to help—as if Missing had any way to pull strings with them. This whole situation was a headache.

Conveniently, the new day brought with it a knock on their door and a letter in the mail.

The knock came from Saint, grinning like a cat in the low light of the bookshop’s hallway. “It’s not seventy-eight, but it’s thirty,” they said, depositing a bag of coins in Missing’s hand. “Fresh from the museum. It’s been a long time since I’ve done a proper theft!” With that, they invited themselves in and took a seat on Missing’s couch.

Missing snorted softly, picking up the heavy letter that had been left outside their rooms by the bookseller and closing the door before he could realize they were home and decide to come wail at them about his latest strife.

“Thank you, Saint, really, you didn’t have to go out of your way,” they said as they slid their letter opener under the flap of the envelope.

Saint waved them off. “No need. I’ve done practically nothing for a good while now, it’s about time I get back on my feet. I appreciate the motivation.”

Missing nodded to them as they finished opening the envelope, eyes wide at the sight of the sheer number of coins within. They pulled out the note.

“Huh. Seems someone else has sent coins too *ninety* of them—a mutual friend…” Void? It must be.

Saint stood and went to peer over Missing’s shoulder, scanning the letter for themselves. “Surya, hm? Name’s familiar—I think I’ve met him a few times myself, exchanged calling cards and the like. Not that I’m the mutual friend, hadn’t mentioned your coin situation to him. If you’ve got business to attend to now that you have these coins, I can get the extra thirty to him.”

“Oh—yes, that would be excellent, just let me pen a thank you first.”

A moment later, they had produced a letter and handed it to Saint.

Mr. Surya,

I cannot thank you enough for your assistance. These coins are terribly hard to come by, and I was close to abandoning the pursuit altogether. I will, of course, return them as I no longer need them or come across coins of my own. I suspect I know who our mutual friend is, and please, if you see them before I do, thank them on my behalf for bringing the matter to you.

All the best,

Mx. Missing

Saint took the envelope and the extra coins to deliver to Surya, and headed out, leaving Missing to gather their things and their monkey—who was currently making a mess of their guest bedroom—to head back to St. Fiacres.
Missing had been borderline about to give up on this whole matter altogether. Truly, what had they gotten out of it so far? A monkey that seemed more trouble than he was worth (he couldn’t even steal a coin for them, and he somehow seemed to have a much better idea of where those coins might be), and a conversation with an irritating bishop.

Not exactly their hearts desire in either case.

And there was still the very real possibility this would lead to a dead end anyway, so if something didn’t turn up soon that made them feel like finding these 78 coins was possible, they were shelving the whole ordeal and moving on to something else. The bishop had made the rather unhelpful suggestion that perhaps one of the masters would be willing to help—as if Missing had any way to pull strings with them. This whole situation was a headache.

Conveniently, the new day brought with it a knock on their door and a letter in the mail.

The knock came from Saint, grinning like a cat in the low light of the bookshop’s hallway. “It’s not seventy-eight, but it’s thirty,” they said, depositing a bag of coins in Missing’s hand. “Fresh from the museum. It’s been a long time since I’ve done a proper theft!” With that, they invited themselves in and took a seat on Missing’s couch.

Missing snorted softly, picking up the heavy letter that had been left outside their rooms by the bookseller and closing the door before he could realize they were home and decide to come wail at them about his latest strife.

“Thank you, Saint, really, you didn’t have to go out of your way,” they said as they slid their letter opener under the flap of the envelope.

Saint waved them off. “No need. I’ve done practically nothing for a good while now, it’s about time I get back on my feet. I appreciate the motivation.”

Missing nodded to them as they finished opening the envelope, eyes wide at the sight of the sheer number of coins within. They pulled out the note.

“Huh. Seems someone else has sent coins too *ninety* of them—a mutual friend…” Void? It must be.

Saint stood and went to peer over Missing’s shoulder, scanning the letter for themselves. “Surya, hm? Name’s familiar—I think I’ve met him a few times myself, exchanged calling cards and the like. Not that I’m the mutual friend, hadn’t mentioned your coin situation to him. If you’ve got business to attend to now that you have these coins, I can get the extra thirty to him.”

“Oh—yes, that would be excellent, just let me pen a thank you first.”

A moment later, they had produced a letter and handed it to Saint.

Mr. Surya,

I cannot thank you enough for your assistance. These coins are terribly hard to come by, and I was close to abandoning the pursuit altogether. I will, of course, return them as I no longer need them or come across coins of my own. I suspect I know who our mutual friend is, and please, if you see them before I do, thank them on my behalf for bringing the matter to you.

All the best,

Mx. Missing

Saint took the envelope and the extra coins to deliver to Surya, and headed out, leaving Missing to gather their things and their monkey—who was currently making a mess of their guest bedroom—to head back to St. Fiacres.
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10