Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Literomantic Account of Intimifections
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Missing sat a little straighter. “I see. That’s truly horrible. My condolences.” They pressed a hand to their chest, bowing their head slightly. “If I do hear anything, I’ll be sure to let you know.”
Missing sat a little straighter. “I see. That’s truly horrible. My condolences.” They pressed a hand to their chest, bowing their head slightly. “If I do hear anything, I’ll be sure to let you know.”
what if you pm'd me to be my friend? haha jk jk jk...
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
Void nodded. "Is there anything I can look out for for you, Mx. Missing?"
Void nodded. "Is there anything I can look out for for you, Mx. Missing?"
BFD or Butters! your local void entity and hollow knight fan, hmu if you want to scream about the Pale King and/or Lurien the Watcher

#1 Rezhong Enjoyer, Azhdaha deserved better :( let the sad rock dragon grandpas hold hands

P9aWhak.png soseY8L.pngTl1dGxE.pngv2PJF9u.pngJvUa9ma.png
Knowing if my family was down here would be useful… They shook took a sip of their coffee while they cleared the thought. It wouldn’t do to mention them, really. The goal was to begin anew, not to drudge up the past in the first real conversation with an acquaintance. And they’d all rather die than come to London, anyway.

“No,” they said, setting their cup down again. “No. Not yet, at least. I‘ve yet to settle upon any true goals, here. Still in the phase where I’m getting used to the… differences, you understand.”
Knowing if my family was down here would be useful… They shook took a sip of their coffee while they cleared the thought. It wouldn’t do to mention them, really. The goal was to begin anew, not to drudge up the past in the first real conversation with an acquaintance. And they’d all rather die than come to London, anyway.

“No,” they said, setting their cup down again. “No. Not yet, at least. I‘ve yet to settle upon any true goals, here. Still in the phase where I’m getting used to the… differences, you understand.”
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
"Do let me know."

That was a shame, but understandable.

"The differences are quite...something. I've seen the majority of all this on the Surface before, but here's everything is so...common. People use souls as currency, for heaven's sake. Mine will be quite firmly staying with me."
"Do let me know."

That was a shame, but understandable.

"The differences are quite...something. I've seen the majority of all this on the Surface before, but here's everything is so...common. People use souls as currency, for heaven's sake. Mine will be quite firmly staying with me."
BFD or Butters! your local void entity and hollow knight fan, hmu if you want to scream about the Pale King and/or Lurien the Watcher

#1 Rezhong Enjoyer, Azhdaha deserved better :( let the sad rock dragon grandpas hold hands

“Oh, the currencies…” Missing laughed softly. “I confess I still struggle to keep them all straight. There’s just so many. Souls are… the most unsettling, certainly, but all the rest—everyone seems to have such a preference, and I don’t know how any business at all gets done.” They shook their head. “You’ve encountered most of these things on the Surface? I’d heard about some of them, of course, in passing mostly, but most everything here is quite new to me.”
“Oh, the currencies…” Missing laughed softly. “I confess I still struggle to keep them all straight. There’s just so many. Souls are… the most unsettling, certainly, but all the rest—everyone seems to have such a preference, and I don’t know how any business at all gets done.” They shook their head. “You’ve encountered most of these things on the Surface? I’d heard about some of them, of course, in passing mostly, but most everything here is quite new to me.”
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
Void hesitated. "It depends how much you know of the Institute," they said finally. "It is not my place to give you more information than you already have about my previous affiliation and employers."
Void hesitated. "It depends how much you know of the Institute," they said finally. "It is not my place to give you more information than you already have about my previous affiliation and employers."

Interesting. They didn’t like information that they couldn’t know. The thought that there were things out there to know about that they weren’t able to made them bristle.

But, now wasn’t the time to try and get to the bottom of that. Past experience said that trying to dig into people to get at whatever secrets they may be keeping was… not exactly the way to make friends.

They waved a hand as though to dismiss the question. “That’s alright. If it’s not my place, it’s not my place.” They were grateful for the mask hiding the smaller details of their expression.
Interesting. They didn’t like information that they couldn’t know. The thought that there were things out there to know about that they weren’t able to made them bristle.

But, now wasn’t the time to try and get to the bottom of that. Past experience said that trying to dig into people to get at whatever secrets they may be keeping was… not exactly the way to make friends.

They waved a hand as though to dismiss the question. “That’s alright. If it’s not my place, it’s not my place.” They were grateful for the mask hiding the smaller details of their expression.
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
"The work is all very hush-hush," they said, picking up a cookie to nibble at it. Some of the things I've seen... "For a very good reason, as well. Cookie?"

If Missing went looking, it was not really a problem for Void's. There were many organizations with Institute in their name, and half a dozen that operated under some form of secrecy. The chances of Missing pinpointing the Institute of the Sun Shield as the organization they were talking about were very, very slim.
"The work is all very hush-hush," they said, picking up a cookie to nibble at it. Some of the things I've seen... "For a very good reason, as well. Cookie?"

If Missing went looking, it was not really a problem for Void's. There were many organizations with Institute in their name, and half a dozen that operated under some form of secrecy. The chances of Missing pinpointing the Institute of the Sun Shield as the organization they were talking about were very, very slim.

“Of course, I understand. So many things are.” The took a cookie for themselves, chewing thoughtfully for a moment. “Are you adjusting to the city alright?” they asked, deciding it was best to change the subject for the moment. “I feel like everywhere I turn there’s something new. Just when I think I’ve gotten used to things, too. I don’t think I quite grasped exactly how different things were down here before I arrived. I feel rather like a fish out of water.”
“Of course, I understand. So many things are.” The took a cookie for themselves, chewing thoughtfully for a moment. “Are you adjusting to the city alright?” they asked, deciding it was best to change the subject for the moment. “I feel like everywhere I turn there’s something new. Just when I think I’ve gotten used to things, too. I don’t think I quite grasped exactly how different things were down here before I arrived. I feel rather like a fish out of water.”
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
"I quite understand what you mean. Not to be crass, but there are beings here with the faces of squid, and it is normal. I suppose it will take some time to adjust to…" Void grimaced. "Everything, but I’m certain it can be done. There must be other immigrants who have comfortably made their homes here in the Neath. I am considering searching one out, and you should too. Just—beware, everyone seems ro have an agenda here, one way or another."
"I quite understand what you mean. Not to be crass, but there are beings here with the faces of squid, and it is normal. I suppose it will take some time to adjust to…" Void grimaced. "Everything, but I’m certain it can be done. There must be other immigrants who have comfortably made their homes here in the Neath. I am considering searching one out, and you should too. Just—beware, everyone seems ro have an agenda here, one way or another."

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10