Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | y1 items in joxbox please its been 10yrs
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33 34
Support!
All festival items should be obtainable with the spare inventory crate.
Making the old stuff have a very low drop rate would be a counterweight if people are still leery.
It really wouldnt even put much of a dent in the absurd inflation tbh.
Fr has changed the game on high value items before, too (eye vials being the big one), and it didnt break the game.
I've been playing for a long time. Newer players deserve a chance at old stuff, too. The way it is now, they dont. A Sprite of any kind is a pipe dream for me and I have way more assets than a newbie.
Support!
All festival items should be obtainable with the spare inventory crate.
Making the old stuff have a very low drop rate would be a counterweight if people are still leery.
It really wouldnt even put much of a dent in the absurd inflation tbh.
Fr has changed the game on high value items before, too (eye vials being the big one), and it didnt break the game.
I've been playing for a long time. Newer players deserve a chance at old stuff, too. The way it is now, they dont. A Sprite of any kind is a pipe dream for me and I have way more assets than a newbie.
±
They/Them | FrT +3
tumblr_inline_og1428X8wh1so6t4z_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_og141lJTzb1so6t4z_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_og1428X8wh1so6t4z_75sq.png
Support - those are all really excellent points.
Support - those are all really excellent points.

Al1BEGR.png
nWiQNX9.png
rix3ppo.png
FObX7rS.png
YMPbu9R.png
jt3PpxV.png
Support. Don’t think value would go down cause there are literally so many items you can get in joxbox just cause it’s added doesn’t mean it’s a guaranteed “you’ll get it”. It’s still gonna be up to RNG whether you’re lucky or not. I just want the chance of “but maybe”.
Support. Don’t think value would go down cause there are literally so many items you can get in joxbox just cause it’s added doesn’t mean it’s a guaranteed “you’ll get it”. It’s still gonna be up to RNG whether you’re lucky or not. I just want the chance of “but maybe”.
pw6wjy.png9jfuw5.png ePOliyb.png
eIK5iG7.png
5DjYECS.png
mhnw8k.png
dEe2UrM.png
WKtl2lb.png
ho5ff5.png 14eo54.pngm2bx5o.png
Just wanted to share @beautifulglitter 's always amazing mathematic breakdown about what the odds are would be on pulling items from the JoxBox if they added Y1-Y3. [quote name="beautifulglitter" date="2023-02-22 07:46:12" ] At the end of this fest cycle, there will be 242 fest items in the 95% pull chance pool (bears are in the bonus slot, the remaining 5% is for recolors). 77 fest items will remain arbitrarily hard-retired and only available through Roundsey. This means that the odds of pulling any 1 old fest item would be: [center]Currently: 0.39% If all items were added: 0.30%[/center] This is what that means for the chances of pulling any 1 item you want: [img]https://imgur.com/R9X0Z2J.png[/img] For context, if you ever went more than 27 chests this NotN without pulling an egg, you had a less than 10% of doing so and would need at least that 90% category in this case should your luck remain the same. (Note: Those prices are if you manage to acquire every single chest at the 80kT Joxar sells at (and a 1:1000 g:T ratio). This isn't realistic, those prices would be WAY higher in actuality.) If all items were added you would have to open [b]over 21 years worth of chests[/b] just to have a 50% chance of getting your item, [i]and[/i] that's only if the pool [b]never expands again[/b] after this fest cycle. At this point the pool is large enough that there will be no "flooding" of the market; at most, prices will likely just stabilize where they are now, especially as each cycle year currently adds 33 more items into the pool. [/quote]
Just wanted to share @beautifulglitter 's always amazing mathematic breakdown about what the odds are would be on pulling items from the JoxBox if they added Y1-Y3.
beautifulglitter wrote on 2023-02-22 07:46:12:
At the end of this fest cycle, there will be 242 fest items in the 95% pull chance pool (bears are in the bonus slot, the remaining 5% is for recolors). 77 fest items will remain arbitrarily hard-retired and only available through Roundsey.

This means that the odds of pulling any 1 old fest item would be:
Currently: 0.39%
If all items were added: 0.30%

This is what that means for the chances of pulling any 1 item you want:
R9X0Z2J.png
For context, if you ever went more than 27 chests this NotN without pulling an egg, you had a less than 10% of doing so and would need at least that 90% category in this case should your luck remain the same.
(Note: Those prices are if you manage to acquire every single chest at the 80kT Joxar sells at (and a 1:1000 g:T ratio). This isn't realistic, those prices would be WAY higher in actuality.)

If all items were added you would have to open over 21 years worth of chests just to have a 50% chance of getting your item, and that's only if the pool never expands again after this fest cycle.

At this point the pool is large enough that there will be no "flooding" of the market; at most, prices will likely just stabilize where they are now, especially as each cycle year currently adds 33 more items into the pool.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
I actually agree with this, so support.
Y1-3 items are kind of in an unfair position from the standpoint of a player who isn't insanely dragon rich or wasn't able to join early – the early festivals, infamously, were also extremely unstable due to the situation with servers, so FR consistently went down, which combined with very limited registration windows probably meant not a lot of people being able to receive those early items. If you also take into account all the inactive players who either left the game or got banned - festival item "hoarders" among them - the pool of available copies for those items dwindles even more.

Not to call out any names, but it's also been a known issue of people unfairly hiking up prices or having monopolies on some rare festival items. If you check LAH right now, the Light Sprite has a 150kg price desparity with other sprites because for some time there was a monopoly set up by a single person.

Joxar is already very random as he is, with people almost never receiving items of value, from what I've seen, and if you also include all the current and future recolours and skins into the item pool the odds of getting any high-ticket festival items still would be extremely low. It wouldn't be able to significantly impact the economy unless someone gets really, really lucky with Joxar drops. This happened on other petsims before, Neopets being the best recent example in my memory. All what introducing new high-ticket items did through similar very random means did was fixing the inflation for those specific items.
I actually agree with this, so support.
Y1-3 items are kind of in an unfair position from the standpoint of a player who isn't insanely dragon rich or wasn't able to join early – the early festivals, infamously, were also extremely unstable due to the situation with servers, so FR consistently went down, which combined with very limited registration windows probably meant not a lot of people being able to receive those early items. If you also take into account all the inactive players who either left the game or got banned - festival item "hoarders" among them - the pool of available copies for those items dwindles even more.

Not to call out any names, but it's also been a known issue of people unfairly hiking up prices or having monopolies on some rare festival items. If you check LAH right now, the Light Sprite has a 150kg price desparity with other sprites because for some time there was a monopoly set up by a single person.

Joxar is already very random as he is, with people almost never receiving items of value, from what I've seen, and if you also include all the current and future recolours and skins into the item pool the odds of getting any high-ticket festival items still would be extremely low. It wouldn't be able to significantly impact the economy unless someone gets really, really lucky with Joxar drops. This happened on other petsims before, Neopets being the best recent example in my memory. All what introducing new high-ticket items did through similar very random means did was fixing the inflation for those specific items.
yc5gmUQ.png Zi7pp4c.pngGNdJbNa.png
bvA5p4p.pngnoFemaF.png
BHzuYGn.pngVHoOPqU.png
vWxS68G.gif
Hard agree. I want to get a full bestiary one day and the light sprite is on my list of "never gonna happen familiars". It shouldn't be like that, especially when Lightning Sprites are 150,000 gems cheaper. Who cares about the rich players from y1 getting richer, it just makes the game less fun for the rest of us.
Hard agree. I want to get a full bestiary one day and the light sprite is on my list of "never gonna happen familiars". It shouldn't be like that, especially when Lightning Sprites are 150,000 gems cheaper. Who cares about the rich players from y1 getting richer, it just makes the game less fun for the rest of us.
74629680_DvOByfv7AxoKLpm.png My name is Rigel!
Look at my favorite boy
• My pronouns are he/it/rot
I agree! Kickstarter items I can understand not being released again, obviously, but the earliest sprites were extremely limited, and when I joined in 2014, people were already saying that they had no idea the sprites wouldn’t come back and they wish they had the opportunity to get them or at the very least, get extra from the people who were actually there on the extremely limited holiday during the bery beginning of the site.

That being said, many people play these games to collect things. Its frustrating and discouraging for a player base to just NOT have access to an important aspect of the game. I cannot stress enough that not even some of the hard to get KS items are not as expensive as a light sprite, and many people write off KS items as bonus items anyway, not essential to their current collection.

If there is no way to return items back into a game, people lose interest REALLY fast. This happened with Dappervolk with their immediate *monthly* premium outfits, that quickly outnumbered the free to play items with very little effort. Not to mention that they began adding pets to that premium, therefore expanding only the unobtainable amount of pets in the game.

Flight Rising does so much better with providing a good balance of ftp and premium content, and also provides relatively easy ways to gain either currency, but the sheer amount of gems needed for the sprites… not even diligent saving and grinding every day makes this feasible for more than half the user base.

Please, just add the 1-3 year holiday items. There is no reason not to at this point.
I agree! Kickstarter items I can understand not being released again, obviously, but the earliest sprites were extremely limited, and when I joined in 2014, people were already saying that they had no idea the sprites wouldn’t come back and they wish they had the opportunity to get them or at the very least, get extra from the people who were actually there on the extremely limited holiday during the bery beginning of the site.

That being said, many people play these games to collect things. Its frustrating and discouraging for a player base to just NOT have access to an important aspect of the game. I cannot stress enough that not even some of the hard to get KS items are not as expensive as a light sprite, and many people write off KS items as bonus items anyway, not essential to their current collection.

If there is no way to return items back into a game, people lose interest REALLY fast. This happened with Dappervolk with their immediate *monthly* premium outfits, that quickly outnumbered the free to play items with very little effort. Not to mention that they began adding pets to that premium, therefore expanding only the unobtainable amount of pets in the game.

Flight Rising does so much better with providing a good balance of ftp and premium content, and also provides relatively easy ways to gain either currency, but the sheer amount of gems needed for the sprites… not even diligent saving and grinding every day makes this feasible for more than half the user base.

Please, just add the 1-3 year holiday items. There is no reason not to at this point.
5701.png • sailor / he/him / adult
• feel free to ping me
• did you know: horses have 400,000 blood types?
Full, unwavering support!! Y1-3 items should 100% be added to jox boxes! I hardly doubt they would lose any sort of value considering that some items still are extremely expensive despite being in the box, not to mention that they'd still be rare to obtain, I mean aren't fest skins also in jox boxes? That alone, plus recolors and every other year's holiday items, absolutely inflate the numbers! Getting that rare sprite would still be rare, just a more reasonable goal for those that don't have the time/energy/money to constantly sink in
Full, unwavering support!! Y1-3 items should 100% be added to jox boxes! I hardly doubt they would lose any sort of value considering that some items still are extremely expensive despite being in the box, not to mention that they'd still be rare to obtain, I mean aren't fest skins also in jox boxes? That alone, plus recolors and every other year's holiday items, absolutely inflate the numbers! Getting that rare sprite would still be rare, just a more reasonable goal for those that don't have the time/energy/money to constantly sink in
I agree with this especially because the point that the luminous halo is really expensive despite being more recent and also in jox box

And also because of the loss of the art files for the items

I think the sprites will become literally impossible to obtain in the future, if no one wants to sell or not enough available (and i don't think anyone should feel pressured into selling) eventually there will probably be a time when there are no sprites being sold

Also a good treasure sink and Baldwin sink bc more people will buy the token for the chest and also the token will be more valuable on the ah since more people will be buying extra tokens from there to try and get the rare items

The only alternative I can think of to not unretire the sprites is to during the festival months, have the respective sprite locked in to fiona's familiar bonding lineup for the whole month to make it easier to awaken and also have it's entry permanently unlocked in the bestiary when awakened (even if you don't own one)
If not the whole month have it be locked for the whole festival and give double or triple or quadruple bond points (for the sprite only)
I agree with this especially because the point that the luminous halo is really expensive despite being more recent and also in jox box

And also because of the loss of the art files for the items

I think the sprites will become literally impossible to obtain in the future, if no one wants to sell or not enough available (and i don't think anyone should feel pressured into selling) eventually there will probably be a time when there are no sprites being sold

Also a good treasure sink and Baldwin sink bc more people will buy the token for the chest and also the token will be more valuable on the ah since more people will be buying extra tokens from there to try and get the rare items

The only alternative I can think of to not unretire the sprites is to during the festival months, have the respective sprite locked in to fiona's familiar bonding lineup for the whole month to make it easier to awaken and also have it's entry permanently unlocked in the bestiary when awakened (even if you don't own one)
If not the whole month have it be locked for the whole festival and give double or triple or quadruple bond points (for the sprite only)
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I basically never post in the Suggestions Forum, but I'll make an exception for this suggestion to say huge, huge support. Many people have echoed my opinions far more eloquently than I have the brain power for right now, particularly the point about the odds of actually getting any specific item being incredibly low anyway, and that early fest items shouldn't be treated any differently than later years' items.
But there is one other point I don't remember if I've seen before, and that is: even as an old player, there was no guarantee you would actually get, for example, a Light Sprite during the first Brightshine. I joined before the first Brightshine, so in theory I should've been able to get one, yeah? The problem was, I had no idea how the Coli worked at the time, and as a result, I didn't get enough fest currency to buy anything from Joxar's. I know there are plenty of people who did grind enough fest currency for Light Sprites (otherwise there would've been even fewer of them now, obviously), but my point is simply that older player =/= owning every retired item already.
This isn't to say I think older players are more deserving of retired items just because they were around when they were released, not at all! I've just seen a lot of focus on how newer players should have ways of obtaining these items, and not so much on older players who missed out on them despite being active players at the time. I'd love to see everyone, old and new players alike, have a chance to get retired familiars, apparel and whatever else (barring Kickstarter exclusives) they've missed out on for whichever reason(s) that apply to them, without having to spend years and frankly unreasonable levels of effort to get them.
I basically never post in the Suggestions Forum, but I'll make an exception for this suggestion to say huge, huge support. Many people have echoed my opinions far more eloquently than I have the brain power for right now, particularly the point about the odds of actually getting any specific item being incredibly low anyway, and that early fest items shouldn't be treated any differently than later years' items.
But there is one other point I don't remember if I've seen before, and that is: even as an old player, there was no guarantee you would actually get, for example, a Light Sprite during the first Brightshine. I joined before the first Brightshine, so in theory I should've been able to get one, yeah? The problem was, I had no idea how the Coli worked at the time, and as a result, I didn't get enough fest currency to buy anything from Joxar's. I know there are plenty of people who did grind enough fest currency for Light Sprites (otherwise there would've been even fewer of them now, obviously), but my point is simply that older player =/= owning every retired item already.
This isn't to say I think older players are more deserving of retired items just because they were around when they were released, not at all! I've just seen a lot of focus on how newer players should have ways of obtaining these items, and not so much on older players who missed out on them despite being active players at the time. I'd love to see everyone, old and new players alike, have a chance to get retired familiars, apparel and whatever else (barring Kickstarter exclusives) they've missed out on for whichever reason(s) that apply to them, without having to spend years and frankly unreasonable levels of effort to get them.
The-Dragon-s-Keep-DISCORD.pngSignature2.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33 34