Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | y1 items in joxbox please its been 10yrs
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 35 36
Always support. There's no reason to keep them retired an unobtainable unlike the KS items where they're kinda bound by legal shenanigans for it. Putting a handful back into circulation [as the chances they would pop from the boxes is low] would keep the prices high but regulated and give people a better chance at obtaining them.
Always support. There's no reason to keep them retired an unobtainable unlike the KS items where they're kinda bound by legal shenanigans for it. Putting a handful back into circulation [as the chances they would pop from the boxes is low] would keep the prices high but regulated and give people a better chance at obtaining them.
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
Sooo much support.
Having Y1 items retired just because they're Y1 items feels like a mild insult to anyone who wasn't here 10 years ago hoarding Light Sprites or what not. Like, sorry to anyone who joined after 2015, I guess your fest items just aren't as special!
Besides, adding them to the JoxBox wouldn't even take away the "slowly building wealth to get some rare item"-aspect, if anything, it makes that part of the game stay relevant for longer! Them being in the JoxBox ensures that the game won't run out of any Y1 fest item people want to save up for (because, lets face it, there will be a point when all the Light Sprites or whatever will be in the hands of collectors who hold on to them for forever, or simply in inactive accounts). Just because an item is in the JoxBox doesn't mean it's price will plummet to a handful of gems, this is just a proven fact.

Making very rare items a little bit less rare won't ruin the economy! Just trust me on this!
Sooo much support.
Having Y1 items retired just because they're Y1 items feels like a mild insult to anyone who wasn't here 10 years ago hoarding Light Sprites or what not. Like, sorry to anyone who joined after 2015, I guess your fest items just aren't as special!
Besides, adding them to the JoxBox wouldn't even take away the "slowly building wealth to get some rare item"-aspect, if anything, it makes that part of the game stay relevant for longer! Them being in the JoxBox ensures that the game won't run out of any Y1 fest item people want to save up for (because, lets face it, there will be a point when all the Light Sprites or whatever will be in the hands of collectors who hold on to them for forever, or simply in inactive accounts). Just because an item is in the JoxBox doesn't mean it's price will plummet to a handful of gems, this is just a proven fact.

Making very rare items a little bit less rare won't ruin the economy! Just trust me on this!
100% Support. So many good points have been said already and I just never understood having all the other festival items cycled and not the first 3. Theres already an extremely low chance of getting any one particular item, so theres no way the market price is going to tank in any spectacular way which seems to be the main concern. A majority of these items seem to be locked in inactive or banned accounts anyway, if not just out of circulation for hoarding/using.
100% Support. So many good points have been said already and I just never understood having all the other festival items cycled and not the first 3. Theres already an extremely low chance of getting any one particular item, so theres no way the market price is going to tank in any spectacular way which seems to be the main concern. A majority of these items seem to be locked in inactive or banned accounts anyway, if not just out of circulation for hoarding/using.
Art Shop!
support! i'm against permanent retirement of digital items as a general rule.
support! i'm against permanent retirement of digital items as a general rule.
check out:
fishainsley.art
thanks love you
Support. The thing that gets me about the "but the economy" counterpoint is that the vast majority of Y1-3 fest items aren't really moving regardless. A player who really, really wants a Light Sprite more than anything else might be able to scrape together whatever absurd amount of gems people are asking for them, but it'll still take them months or even years to do so, and that's a span of time that the item is still just sitting on the auction house and not re-entering circulation. It's not contributing anything to the economy that way.

There's also the (secondary) point that a lot of these items are probably sitting in the hoards of abandoned accounts and will therefore never re-enter circulation. At this point it's just artificial scarcity coupled with stagnation, and I do feel that it's reasonable, in those circumstances, for staff to step in and give things a nudge.
Support. The thing that gets me about the "but the economy" counterpoint is that the vast majority of Y1-3 fest items aren't really moving regardless. A player who really, really wants a Light Sprite more than anything else might be able to scrape together whatever absurd amount of gems people are asking for them, but it'll still take them months or even years to do so, and that's a span of time that the item is still just sitting on the auction house and not re-entering circulation. It's not contributing anything to the economy that way.

There's also the (secondary) point that a lot of these items are probably sitting in the hoards of abandoned accounts and will therefore never re-enter circulation. At this point it's just artificial scarcity coupled with stagnation, and I do feel that it's reasonable, in those circumstances, for staff to step in and give things a nudge.
Support! Others have covered everything I wanted to say regarding this.
Support! Others have covered everything I wanted to say regarding this.
Lupine||Xb6XvIZ.pngomhr10R.pnglAvpyOQ.pngJ7D1quC.pngn29EMdP.png
food_bloody_snapdragon_by_dogi_crimson-dag65m2.gif
~~
Nature Worldbuilding/Lore
Writing/Lore Shop
???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please be gentle with me, I get stressed and anxious easily, and don't always pick up on meanings or social cues. I'm very detail-oriented & like to have all information possible before proceeding.
SUPPORT.

I am a 2014 player and I worked hard for every sprite I have and the few Y1 festival items I've wanted. My Light Sprite took two years of saving and the kindness of a stranger to obtain. It now sits with sorrowful pride on my cat's memorial dragon.

As many others have stated and other reasons why this should be supported:
  • Items run the risk of going 'extinct' owing to being bought up or only trading hands between elite/rich/old players. This is especially true with regards to items that are scarce owing to FR's somewhat rickety start and frequent hiccups in server status in its early days. This is also what makes these items vulnerable to monopoly - as we have seen with the Light Sprite situation and all of them being bought up by one person just to be resold at a much more inflated price.
  • The Joxar boxes have a large pool to pick from, and only one can be obtained per player per holiday. People have cited Luminous Halos as just one item that has kept its high value despite being part of the box pool as a result of this - not to mention that as more and more items are added to the pool, that continues to keep the chances low, and the value of many items high, but still obtainable. This would be a good way to appease older players who want their 'investment' to stay stable, and allow newer players to still obtain the items instead of relying on someone else selling theirs from the current limited stock.
  • Re-release is not an immediate guarantee of devaluation owing to popularity factors. Certain apparel items, even fest apparel, have *never* been extremely popular or well-utilized and thus never really went up in extreme value like others. As well, the site art style has evolved immensely from those early days. Even trying to match some of the older apparel pieces to more modern ones that are meant to be part of a 'set' is a struggle due to clipping issues and just plain 'jankier' art (see: the brightshine wingblades and jewelry).
  • The Neopets item re-release as an example of a way to combat inflation. Someone mentioned the Neopets item re-release recently. I don't play Neopets but I know some people who do, and I did in fact play Gaia Online many years ago (about 15 years ago now). Gaia's year one inflation was already out of control even then. The Neopets re-release has been widely seen by all but the most 'elite' players as a good thing to combat that site's extreme inflation, especially extreme inflation that was *caused* by the players imposing forced scarcity of some of those items. For the longevity of FR, inflation like that which is/was found on Neopets and Gaia needs to be avoided at all costs.
  • Kickstarter items and the old skin marketplace items being a legal issue. The KS items and the former gem marketplace skins are considered a sticky legal area (with regards to the contract of investment with Kickstarter and the skin artist's rights respectively). It makes sense that those are unlikely to ever return. However, the Y1-Y3 festival items are all owned and made by FR and its staff, so there is (or shouldn't be) any legal issue with re-releasing these. I think the beta/downtime items are also a gray area (as someone who at least has the downtime familiars) and should probably be a discussion for another thread.

SUPPORT.

I am a 2014 player and I worked hard for every sprite I have and the few Y1 festival items I've wanted. My Light Sprite took two years of saving and the kindness of a stranger to obtain. It now sits with sorrowful pride on my cat's memorial dragon.

As many others have stated and other reasons why this should be supported:
  • Items run the risk of going 'extinct' owing to being bought up or only trading hands between elite/rich/old players. This is especially true with regards to items that are scarce owing to FR's somewhat rickety start and frequent hiccups in server status in its early days. This is also what makes these items vulnerable to monopoly - as we have seen with the Light Sprite situation and all of them being bought up by one person just to be resold at a much more inflated price.
  • The Joxar boxes have a large pool to pick from, and only one can be obtained per player per holiday. People have cited Luminous Halos as just one item that has kept its high value despite being part of the box pool as a result of this - not to mention that as more and more items are added to the pool, that continues to keep the chances low, and the value of many items high, but still obtainable. This would be a good way to appease older players who want their 'investment' to stay stable, and allow newer players to still obtain the items instead of relying on someone else selling theirs from the current limited stock.
  • Re-release is not an immediate guarantee of devaluation owing to popularity factors. Certain apparel items, even fest apparel, have *never* been extremely popular or well-utilized and thus never really went up in extreme value like others. As well, the site art style has evolved immensely from those early days. Even trying to match some of the older apparel pieces to more modern ones that are meant to be part of a 'set' is a struggle due to clipping issues and just plain 'jankier' art (see: the brightshine wingblades and jewelry).
  • The Neopets item re-release as an example of a way to combat inflation. Someone mentioned the Neopets item re-release recently. I don't play Neopets but I know some people who do, and I did in fact play Gaia Online many years ago (about 15 years ago now). Gaia's year one inflation was already out of control even then. The Neopets re-release has been widely seen by all but the most 'elite' players as a good thing to combat that site's extreme inflation, especially extreme inflation that was *caused* by the players imposing forced scarcity of some of those items. For the longevity of FR, inflation like that which is/was found on Neopets and Gaia needs to be avoided at all costs.
  • Kickstarter items and the old skin marketplace items being a legal issue. The KS items and the former gem marketplace skins are considered a sticky legal area (with regards to the contract of investment with Kickstarter and the skin artist's rights respectively). It makes sense that those are unlikely to ever return. However, the Y1-Y3 festival items are all owned and made by FR and its staff, so there is (or shouldn't be) any legal issue with re-releasing these. I think the beta/downtime items are also a gray area (as someone who at least has the downtime familiars) and should probably be a discussion for another thread.

"Froggy"/"Hypo" =o= Adult =o= (FR+3)
naturetop.png
Always support. There's so many items in there now that there's very little chance of them flooding the market. Look at the Light halo-- it's somewhat recent of an item and yet it's soaring in value compared to others. And of course, year 1 stuff would be weighted to appear less anyway because that's how it goes.

It's time to put them in the box.
Always support. There's so many items in there now that there's very little chance of them flooding the market. Look at the Light halo-- it's somewhat recent of an item and yet it's soaring in value compared to others. And of course, year 1 stuff would be weighted to appear less anyway because that's how it goes.

It's time to put them in the box.
sig-145.png
url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2228365/1]UM/ Festival Accents for Sale Here![/url]
The prices of y1-3 fest items are pretty ridiculous right now and will only get more ridiculous. I completely support adding them back in - and tbh if they really really wanted they could maybe change how the drops work so that you're less likely to get a y1-3 item than a newer one. Not that it's necessary.

Joxboxes are already limited to one per person per festival, so that's one thing keeping fest item prices relatively high. Demand might also keep the prices from tanking the instant this would get implemented - that's a whole lot of new players all vying for the same items they didn't get to buy.

edit: I'd also like to add that my account is 8 years old. I and many other players technically had the opportunity to get things while they were cheaper, but didn't because we were inexperienced at the time and had no idea they would get so expensive. It's not only new players who are left out when it comes to these items.
The prices of y1-3 fest items are pretty ridiculous right now and will only get more ridiculous. I completely support adding them back in - and tbh if they really really wanted they could maybe change how the drops work so that you're less likely to get a y1-3 item than a newer one. Not that it's necessary.

Joxboxes are already limited to one per person per festival, so that's one thing keeping fest item prices relatively high. Demand might also keep the prices from tanking the instant this would get implemented - that's a whole lot of new players all vying for the same items they didn't get to buy.

edit: I'd also like to add that my account is 8 years old. I and many other players technically had the opportunity to get things while they were cheaper, but didn't because we were inexperienced at the time and had no idea they would get so expensive. It's not only new players who are left out when it comes to these items.
A rotating signature of Elden Ring talisman items._
♦ He/Him | FR+2
Hatchery
Art Shop
Achievement Tips
___________________signature%2090.png
Hmmm. I really hope inflation doesn't get as bad as Neopets or Gaia. Really hope not. That's one reason why I left. When inflation becomes out of control the game just isn't fun anymore to me.
Hmmm. I really hope inflation doesn't get as bad as Neopets or Gaia. Really hope not. That's one reason why I left. When inflation becomes out of control the game just isn't fun anymore to me.
FeIiZnO.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 35 36