Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone doing NaNoWriMo this year?
1 2
I've attempted it in the past, and the most I've ever been able to do is 20k words (about 2k words a day for the first 10 days, then fizzling out).

I'd like to try it again this year though! I have no idea how far I'd be able to make it though.
I've attempted it in the past, and the most I've ever been able to do is 20k words (about 2k words a day for the first 10 days, then fizzling out).

I'd like to try it again this year though! I have no idea how far I'd be able to make it though.
hi i'm luxe
160P7Fb.png
qjxrAwx.png
RXzUVtr.png
ll0CfnD.png
FObX7rS.png
zHcH6Rq.png
Yep. We do it every year and usually hit the goal, but then we often don't finish what we started. (We need to work on finishing the novels we've got going.) Looking forward to it this year.

- S.
Yep. We do it every year and usually hit the goal, but then we often don't finish what we started. (We need to work on finishing the novels we've got going.) Looking forward to it this year.

- S.
ACOZFAh.png sZShZzW.png Zs4VhSn.png
RyOOFff.png kseo325.png
OxagJgG.png bsTwpFg.png
KLS4Wrl.png
I am! I am writing about a pig who dreams about bacon and goesback in time to stop them from selling bacon.
I am! I am writing about a pig who dreams about bacon and goesback in time to stop them from selling bacon.
db2w69l-f0689cc1-59ab-49b1-a1ec-ec4a2d00e11e.png
FR+3/Softie/She/Her/Wishlist/ Mini shop
Yes! I've tried most years since... 2012 maybe? And usually get stuck at 20 - 30k. This year, I'm at 14k already, and I've actually planned a bit before I started writing, so hopefully I'll get there finally!
Yes! I've tried most years since... 2012 maybe? And usually get stuck at 20 - 30k. This year, I'm at 14k already, and I've actually planned a bit before I started writing, so hopefully I'll get there finally!
p1rqVYS.pngC6fVfXK.pngkr1zK2C.pngcVWdKdj.pngBnLo81k.pngayZSXjU.pngTv0amX5.pngwPp69cV.pngk3kwF2F.pngejwZ8fU.pngIN9L2Uo.pngdGH2lUH.pngQs2rJqJ.pngRuS0zvv.pngRE7eXWm.pngJCdlxKQ.png0WlNUYd.pngp13N0X4.pngat7AEg8.pngUkmQuCL.pngTpzHKcr.pngbLKmKVL.png
I am doing Non NaNoWriMo this year. I have been doing it forever and am not a newbie writer anymore, but what I do want is to recognize I AM working on my writing every day. So, my small group of writer friends touch base with each other every day to claim what we did during writing time. Then we celebrate the heck out of each other and go back to work.

WHat counts for us:
  • Cleaning up and reorganizing your writing area so you can focus on your project
  • Organizing online files and such for your project
  • Researching for your project
  • Outline work
  • Character work
  • Plotting
  • Edit work
  • and actually writing anything -- Book Blurbs, Author Notes, Pitches, Querie Letters, etc
  • And yes, actually writing our projects

My current project is book 2 of my series The Harrogate Chronicles, a steampunk meets Fae alternate history adventure of two women in the late 1800's doing spy work for their Queens. The First book, Atahualpa's Mummy, is out on Amazon as an ebook, as well as a cute novella within the series that pays homage to Firefly, Teacakes and Kraken Bait.
I am doing Non NaNoWriMo this year. I have been doing it forever and am not a newbie writer anymore, but what I do want is to recognize I AM working on my writing every day. So, my small group of writer friends touch base with each other every day to claim what we did during writing time. Then we celebrate the heck out of each other and go back to work.

WHat counts for us:
  • Cleaning up and reorganizing your writing area so you can focus on your project
  • Organizing online files and such for your project
  • Researching for your project
  • Outline work
  • Character work
  • Plotting
  • Edit work
  • and actually writing anything -- Book Blurbs, Author Notes, Pitches, Querie Letters, etc
  • And yes, actually writing our projects

My current project is book 2 of my series The Harrogate Chronicles, a steampunk meets Fae alternate history adventure of two women in the late 1800's doing spy work for their Queens. The First book, Atahualpa's Mummy, is out on Amazon as an ebook, as well as a cute novella within the series that pays homage to Firefly, Teacakes and Kraken Bait.
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
1 2