Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone doing NaNoWriMo this year?
1 2
Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? What are you going to write?

It's my 3rd time paricipating NaNoWriMo, this time I'm not writing a novel but webcomic scripts for three ideas, so later it's easier for me to decide which one to draw after I finish my current project c:

Btw you can [add me] on nanowrimo website, maybe seeing others writing will motivate me a bit haha cx
Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? What are you going to write?

It's my 3rd time paricipating NaNoWriMo, this time I'm not writing a novel but webcomic scripts for three ideas, so later it's easier for me to decide which one to draw after I finish my current project c:

Btw you can [add me] on nanowrimo website, maybe seeing others writing will motivate me a bit haha cx
675.png

♥ My webcomic on : tapas | webtoons
Familiars Questart igart dump carrd
Every year since (I dunno) 2014, I tell myself I'm going to do it and it all fizzles out before day 1... And, well, I have a few too many personal projects on my hands as it is. That's what I get for letting WIPs pile up.
Every year since (I dunno) 2014, I tell myself I'm going to do it and it all fizzles out before day 1... And, well, I have a few too many personal projects on my hands as it is. That's what I get for letting WIPs pile up.
No tone tags, please. Just say what you mean. Will not read carrds.
YUzmw5z.png9Wis07O.pngYMPbu9R.png
Wow, I was just thinking this question and didn't expect someone else to mention it.

To answer your question I may try some short snippets here and there and also to expand more on my forum posts so that I can write more and expand on ideas. A dictionary will be very handy to expand on my words. I remember I used to write short fanfics based on 4 different websites words of the day.

I know years ago I wanted to expand on one of my OC's story and have Nanowrimo be the month to expand it but I didn't do it. I know I wanted this idea of a book series to be for kids and had almost everything thought out when I was younger but now I haven't even written for some of my OC's in quite some time and just wrote about some of them starting their accounts in Flight Rising (which to be honest two of them would be busy with their day jobs and life that they might not do much in Flight Rising).

Don't get me wrong I do love the art challenges they have every month like Sketchtember, Inktober, Huevember but I am currently busy trying to prepare for LvA that takes place on the last week of November. As my Mom corrected me I have been too busy training fodder and while I could spend some time writing or doing art I'd rather train dragons for some treasure as I have plenty of gene projects I have in mind.

But as to whether I will do Nanowrime or Huevember this month I think it will only be one prompt as while it was fun I got overwhelmed once with Inktober when I did all 31 days.

There's also not much of a reward (at least to me) when I do some art or write something about my OC's. My posts for my fandoms would rarely gather more than 10 likes or even a reblog on tumblr. The reward is that it is self-indulgent in itself and 'new' content about the OC but I find it difficult to sit down and draw or write something different about my OC's.

At least I want to have some fun while creating the new 'content'. Maybe daily prompts will help.
Wow, I was just thinking this question and didn't expect someone else to mention it.

To answer your question I may try some short snippets here and there and also to expand more on my forum posts so that I can write more and expand on ideas. A dictionary will be very handy to expand on my words. I remember I used to write short fanfics based on 4 different websites words of the day.

I know years ago I wanted to expand on one of my OC's story and have Nanowrimo be the month to expand it but I didn't do it. I know I wanted this idea of a book series to be for kids and had almost everything thought out when I was younger but now I haven't even written for some of my OC's in quite some time and just wrote about some of them starting their accounts in Flight Rising (which to be honest two of them would be busy with their day jobs and life that they might not do much in Flight Rising).

Don't get me wrong I do love the art challenges they have every month like Sketchtember, Inktober, Huevember but I am currently busy trying to prepare for LvA that takes place on the last week of November. As my Mom corrected me I have been too busy training fodder and while I could spend some time writing or doing art I'd rather train dragons for some treasure as I have plenty of gene projects I have in mind.

But as to whether I will do Nanowrime or Huevember this month I think it will only be one prompt as while it was fun I got overwhelmed once with Inktober when I did all 31 days.

There's also not much of a reward (at least to me) when I do some art or write something about my OC's. My posts for my fandoms would rarely gather more than 10 likes or even a reblog on tumblr. The reward is that it is self-indulgent in itself and 'new' content about the OC but I find it difficult to sit down and draw or write something different about my OC's.

At least I want to have some fun while creating the new 'content'. Maybe daily prompts will help.
I forgot that NaNoWriMo is now! I want to participate, but I'll likely burn out and forget about it by the rest of the month

Maybe this year will be different!
I forgot that NaNoWriMo is now! I want to participate, but I'll likely burn out and forget about it by the rest of the month

Maybe this year will be different!
heyZH2H.png
9R2Unq1.png
mjtJ868.png
wh3Tiip.png
RtSltil.png
YMPbu9R.png

Welcome to the Forgotten Gale. Every dragon that joins the Gale forgets their past memories and gets new ones, how odd... Click the Lore button to learn more
uz2jkLP.png
I've given up on nanowrimo, lol. I tried it something like 6 or 7 years in a row and never managed to finish anything. I'm bad at writing longform things I guess, but maybe I will use this month as an excuse to write some poetry since that's easier for me to finish and I haven't written much in the past few months...
I've given up on nanowrimo, lol. I tried it something like 6 or 7 years in a row and never managed to finish anything. I'm bad at writing longform things I guess, but maybe I will use this month as an excuse to write some poetry since that's easier for me to finish and I haven't written much in the past few months...
jCVhFoZ.gif
I'm going to attempt it! I wrote part of a novel during the pandemic, but it's... cringe. So, TIME FOR A REWRITE!
I'm going to attempt it! I wrote part of a novel during the pandemic, but it's... cringe. So, TIME FOR A REWRITE!
lf9X4H2.png
I was looking into it and the idea is neat, but the goal is kinda daunting. I'm only a bit over 50000 words on my entire AO3-account, that has accumulated for more than a year now.

I'll stick to my usual schedule of doing something creative every day (that does not have to include writing, or if it does, not even much writing). Got a job and a stress disorder, no need to cram a massive project with that close of a deadline into my free time.
Maybe I'll consider doing it when I retire. If it's still a thing then. I'm only twenty-nine, so that'll be a while.
I was looking into it and the idea is neat, but the goal is kinda daunting. I'm only a bit over 50000 words on my entire AO3-account, that has accumulated for more than a year now.

I'll stick to my usual schedule of doing something creative every day (that does not have to include writing, or if it does, not even much writing). Got a job and a stress disorder, no need to cram a massive project with that close of a deadline into my free time.
Maybe I'll consider doing it when I retire. If it's still a thing then. I'm only twenty-nine, so that'll be a while.
Been at it since 2011 and I've won every year except 2019 due to irl being a snot at the time.

I'm kind of a cryptid for my local area, in years past I've regularly topped 200k in the month so a friend of mine issued a challenge last year; 500k. I said you're on, and I did it. But my local area also has a Team Championship where if you want you can take a quiz and be sorted into one of three themed teams [this year it's dino themed so we have pterodactyl, stegosaurus, and triceratops] and last year they were like "So uh you're writing so much you're skewing your team average" and they instead opted to make me sort of a BBEG where now the rest of the region is competing to see if their average can top my total words. Same goes for this year where I've been named the t-rex to compete against them XD

For those saying they've given up, if I may offer a bit of advice; it doesn't have to be a novel. You can be a NaNo rebel and just write whatever in the world you want. Last year our lead ML's wife was doing cross stitch and counted every stitch as a word to partake too, which I thought was really awesome! Even mine isn't one big project, it's about a dozen smaller projects that I'm just working on here and there that I'm writing bits and pieces for as I go along. Some of it is even one-offs because I'm working off prompt lists and a prompt may not fit in with one of those projects so I just make it its own thing.

You guys can do this, just think outside the box. And if anyone needs advice or encouragement feel free to hit me up, my inbox is always open ^^
Been at it since 2011 and I've won every year except 2019 due to irl being a snot at the time.

I'm kind of a cryptid for my local area, in years past I've regularly topped 200k in the month so a friend of mine issued a challenge last year; 500k. I said you're on, and I did it. But my local area also has a Team Championship where if you want you can take a quiz and be sorted into one of three themed teams [this year it's dino themed so we have pterodactyl, stegosaurus, and triceratops] and last year they were like "So uh you're writing so much you're skewing your team average" and they instead opted to make me sort of a BBEG where now the rest of the region is competing to see if their average can top my total words. Same goes for this year where I've been named the t-rex to compete against them XD

For those saying they've given up, if I may offer a bit of advice; it doesn't have to be a novel. You can be a NaNo rebel and just write whatever in the world you want. Last year our lead ML's wife was doing cross stitch and counted every stitch as a word to partake too, which I thought was really awesome! Even mine isn't one big project, it's about a dozen smaller projects that I'm just working on here and there that I'm writing bits and pieces for as I go along. Some of it is even one-offs because I'm working off prompt lists and a prompt may not fit in with one of those projects so I just make it its own thing.

You guys can do this, just think outside the box. And if anyone needs advice or encouragement feel free to hit me up, my inbox is always open ^^
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
I'm doing one this year! but because I'm busy and have ADHD I'm not tying myself to one single project, that's most likely the reason why I failed every year I tried.

So this time I'm just writing whatever ideas come to me for two original stories, one romantic one not; two self indulgent fanfics; and an additional ship fanfic that's literally just gonna be random ideas. So that's five stories at once haha!

I also started it yesterday instead of actually waiting till Nov 1. I'm doing this for fun and to get back into the writing groove, no rules other than putting words down and enjoying the process!
I'm doing one this year! but because I'm busy and have ADHD I'm not tying myself to one single project, that's most likely the reason why I failed every year I tried.

So this time I'm just writing whatever ideas come to me for two original stories, one romantic one not; two self indulgent fanfics; and an additional ship fanfic that's literally just gonna be random ideas. So that's five stories at once haha!

I also started it yesterday instead of actually waiting till Nov 1. I'm doing this for fun and to get back into the writing groove, no rules other than putting words down and enjoying the process!
Fwooomf1-sig.png
Lio/Vash | He/him FR+2 | Still working on lore, lair is a mess rn. | avatar
Fwooomf2-sig.png
I'm in the middle of writing a different project, so I'm not sure I could handle an official NaNo project on the side lol two years ago I did one and managed to finish it well on time with over 50k words, but last year I was so busy I failed miserably LOL finished that project after the fact on my own time.

I might compromise with myself and make a backstory plot the subject of my NaNo this year, so that it at least is related to my current project and I won't feel like I'm tearing my focus between two different worlds.

It's that or I use the campaign my partner and I are working on as a NaNo project. It's already in the universe I've been writing for almost 5 years now, so it will be converted into a novel at some point anyway. Campaigns are almost like first drafts at this point lol and that might be easier for me to do since I have so much fun with tabletop things. Keeps me from getting bored or losing focus.

Edit: btw my NaNo is listed at the bottom of my Clan profile, in case anyone wants to be nosey lol
I'm in the middle of writing a different project, so I'm not sure I could handle an official NaNo project on the side lol two years ago I did one and managed to finish it well on time with over 50k words, but last year I was so busy I failed miserably LOL finished that project after the fact on my own time.

I might compromise with myself and make a backstory plot the subject of my NaNo this year, so that it at least is related to my current project and I won't feel like I'm tearing my focus between two different worlds.

It's that or I use the campaign my partner and I are working on as a NaNo project. It's already in the universe I've been writing for almost 5 years now, so it will be converted into a novel at some point anyway. Campaigns are almost like first drafts at this point lol and that might be easier for me to do since I have so much fun with tabletop things. Keeps me from getting bored or losing focus.

Edit: btw my NaNo is listed at the bottom of my Clan profile, in case anyone wants to be nosey lol
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
1 2