Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Oh no... (Burn Out)
1 2
The burn out is really hitting me tonight as I completed breeding for a recent project but they are just missing the genes. I wanted to look for parents to start another breeding project pair but I don't find myself motivated to go for it (at least today).

In the meantime I have to either come up with a scry for a new dream dragon but I don't want to as ideas and inspiration are lacking.

Anyone want to help me by giving me a new idea/prompt to scry. I know I should be working on projects and I have plenty of Gen 1 dragons to choose from but the burnout is really hitting me tonight as my mind is sort of in a 'blep' stage of don't continue.
The burn out is really hitting me tonight as I completed breeding for a recent project but they are just missing the genes. I wanted to look for parents to start another breeding project pair but I don't find myself motivated to go for it (at least today).

In the meantime I have to either come up with a scry for a new dream dragon but I don't want to as ideas and inspiration are lacking.

Anyone want to help me by giving me a new idea/prompt to scry. I know I should be working on projects and I have plenty of Gen 1 dragons to choose from but the burnout is really hitting me tonight as my mind is sort of in a 'blep' stage of don't continue.
Sorry if my reply wasn't what you were looking for but do you have a favorite color wheel of dragon? That's always where I start is if I like the color of the dragon, that's really all it takes.

I see you really like light dragons, so maybe you can look for a plague or shadow dragon? The primal eyes of a plague or shadow dragon with your light dragon preference would look really cool!

Again, sorry if this isn't the answer you're looking for.
Sorry if my reply wasn't what you were looking for but do you have a favorite color wheel of dragon? That's always where I start is if I like the color of the dragon, that's really all it takes.

I see you really like light dragons, so maybe you can look for a plague or shadow dragon? The primal eyes of a plague or shadow dragon with your light dragon preference would look really cool!

Again, sorry if this isn't the answer you're looking for.
13578.png24847.png480.png ARAxlYW.png
5iXiC8z.png
ll0CfnD.png
@Restlessdreamer

No that is a good start. I don't want to feel overloaded or blocked all because brain is being mean to me. I do have a shadow and plague primal in den but I haven't actually worked on their genes as they were natural born primals before the eye vial update.

I do like light dragons but not as much as Arcane where I felt I had a fighter at level 25 but light lair means a lot of light dragons.

I might actually look at my lair again for a fall clearout to take dragons I am no longer attached to and either put them in the auction tab or send them straight to starlight or shine.

200 plus dragons later and this itch of wanting to downsize my lair has kicked in as I thought 'none of my scries I need as a therapy dragon save for one' and it is going to take months to save those gems.

I do think that having over 100 gen 1 projects has really gotten to me and I've grown pickier on whether to keep, breed for, or yeet it out of my brain.

Thank you for responding. I think I will work on regening those primals now that you metion them. <3

@Restlessdreamer

No that is a good start. I don't want to feel overloaded or blocked all because brain is being mean to me. I do have a shadow and plague primal in den but I haven't actually worked on their genes as they were natural born primals before the eye vial update.

I do like light dragons but not as much as Arcane where I felt I had a fighter at level 25 but light lair means a lot of light dragons.

I might actually look at my lair again for a fall clearout to take dragons I am no longer attached to and either put them in the auction tab or send them straight to starlight or shine.

200 plus dragons later and this itch of wanting to downsize my lair has kicked in as I thought 'none of my scries I need as a therapy dragon save for one' and it is going to take months to save those gems.

I do think that having over 100 gen 1 projects has really gotten to me and I've grown pickier on whether to keep, breed for, or yeet it out of my brain.

Thank you for responding. I think I will work on regening those primals now that you metion them. <3

Oh I completely understand! Gen 1 projects are basically starting from the ground up and it can be fun, but it can also feel like a job. And also, get rid of dragons you aren't attached to. Whether you exalt them or sell them in the auction house, it's most important to clear out room in your den for dragons you actually want.

Gen 1 is cool but it's also a lot of work. With gen 1, you have to spend the treasure or gems to give you the genes you want. Just don't feel obligated to gen 1 dragons you have.

I guess, just focus on the dragons in your lair that you're attached to! They will inevitably have a theme that you prefer, that will help you with inspiration for your dream dragons!
Oh I completely understand! Gen 1 projects are basically starting from the ground up and it can be fun, but it can also feel like a job. And also, get rid of dragons you aren't attached to. Whether you exalt them or sell them in the auction house, it's most important to clear out room in your den for dragons you actually want.

Gen 1 is cool but it's also a lot of work. With gen 1, you have to spend the treasure or gems to give you the genes you want. Just don't feel obligated to gen 1 dragons you have.

I guess, just focus on the dragons in your lair that you're attached to! They will inevitably have a theme that you prefer, that will help you with inspiration for your dream dragons!
13578.png24847.png480.png ARAxlYW.png
5iXiC8z.png
ll0CfnD.png
It's always okay to take a break, too, if you need it. We'll be here. [emoji=heart size=1]
It's always okay to take a break, too, if you need it. We'll be here.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
I hate to say this as I'm sure it's not what you want to hear, but I think it'll be really good for you if you decide to just quit, even for a little bit amount of time. I believe abt a month ago you posted something about how it was taking over your life or you were addicted or smth? I can't remember but I really think you've stretched your playing amount thin atm.

whatever u do, gl :)
I hate to say this as I'm sure it's not what you want to hear, but I think it'll be really good for you if you decide to just quit, even for a little bit amount of time. I believe abt a month ago you posted something about how it was taking over your life or you were addicted or smth? I can't remember but I really think you've stretched your playing amount thin atm.

whatever u do, gl :)
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
@Wisdum

Thank you! You are right that I posted something about that. I'm thinking of taking a break next week since Shadow is the one who will be conquest pushing (No hate to Shadow flight). I've become accustomed that there is always something to do in Flight Rising that I'm literally on for hours and not just because of melting things at Baldwin's every 30 minutes.

I'm sure it will come as a relief by next week before Light versus Arcane starts. As someone mentioned in the Light Forums you don't want burnout before NOTN when farming for chests or brewing with yellow materials for chests.

Thanks for the support guys!
@Wisdum

Thank you! You are right that I posted something about that. I'm thinking of taking a break next week since Shadow is the one who will be conquest pushing (No hate to Shadow flight). I've become accustomed that there is always something to do in Flight Rising that I'm literally on for hours and not just because of melting things at Baldwin's every 30 minutes.

I'm sure it will come as a relief by next week before Light versus Arcane starts. As someone mentioned in the Light Forums you don't want burnout before NOTN when farming for chests or brewing with yellow materials for chests.

Thanks for the support guys!
@Al3s1s ofc <3 also LvA is in 2 weeks? haha I didn't even know that lol
@Al3s1s ofc <3 also LvA is in 2 weeks? haha I didn't even know that lol
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
honestly what's helped me avoid burnout in my nearly 2 years on this site now is just, some days instead of actively playing I just log in and lurk and do only that, lurking. I'll do other offsite or irl tasks between checking random dragons in my lair, other peoples' lairs, etc. if I actively try to grind for something and I find I'm getting bored of it, I'll just stop until I feel the motivation to start again whenever that may be

I've logged in almost every single day since I've made this account and I have yet to hit a major slowing point because I've mastered the art of moderation. but honestly as others have mentioned, there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a hiatus for any extended period of time. the game will be right here waiting for you whenever you're ready to get back on the horse
honestly what's helped me avoid burnout in my nearly 2 years on this site now is just, some days instead of actively playing I just log in and lurk and do only that, lurking. I'll do other offsite or irl tasks between checking random dragons in my lair, other peoples' lairs, etc. if I actively try to grind for something and I find I'm getting bored of it, I'll just stop until I feel the motivation to start again whenever that may be

I've logged in almost every single day since I've made this account and I have yet to hit a major slowing point because I've mastered the art of moderation. but honestly as others have mentioned, there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a hiatus for any extended period of time. the game will be right here waiting for you whenever you're ready to get back on the horse
Looks like it's time to forget to feed your dergs for two weeks.
Looks like it's time to forget to feed your dergs for two weeks.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
1 2