Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thoughts on the Riot gene?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16
Reminded me of the Fangs gene when I first saw it. I thought Aberrations kind of had a lot of spiky genes already, but it's not bad. Too bad we can't stack them for the ultimate spikey. I guess it does kind of look like Fans, now that I compare the two, but at the same time it's pretty much how they draw carcasses here, so I wouldn't say it's [i]NOT[/i] Plague-esque. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/food/16471.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/food/28127.png[/img] Kind of reminds me of the old Plague header, & all the fleshy bones & stuff on the map. Also, completely not the point, but while playing around with it, I found Satan's reindeer & a kind of neat robot-like effect (can't get the hair to work yet though). [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=172&breed=17&element=4&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=60&tertgene=212&winggene=216&wings=60&auth=4f013af30b77b06bb267597cb3129c7c68dbb0dc&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=28&breed=17&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=94&tertgene=212&winggene=78&wings=83&auth=05ce98806e1245cf8101061e6f59cfbb5f086f3c&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Reminded me of the Fangs gene when I first saw it. I thought Aberrations kind of had a lot of spiky genes already, but it's not bad. Too bad we can't stack them for the ultimate spikey.

I guess it does kind of look like Fans, now that I compare the two, but at the same time it's pretty much how they draw carcasses here, so I wouldn't say it's NOT Plague-esque.
16471.png28127.png
Kind of reminds me of the old Plague header, & all the fleshy bones & stuff on the map.

Also, completely not the point, but while playing around with it, I found Satan's reindeer & a kind of neat robot-like effect (can't get the hair to work yet though).
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=172&breed=17&element=4&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=60&tertgene=212&winggene=216&wings=60&auth=4f013af30b77b06bb267597cb3129c7c68dbb0dc&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=28&breed=17&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=94&tertgene=212&winggene=78&wings=83&auth=05ce98806e1245cf8101061e6f59cfbb5f086f3c&dummyext=prev.png
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
i like it a lot, the art is much more 3-dimensional than most of the other fest genes and i love the incorporation of accent colors.

ALSO, and i think this has been completely overlooked by most, the spines are highly reminiscent of the stripped feather stubs on a decomposing bird's wing, which i think is genius.
i like it a lot, the art is much more 3-dimensional than most of the other fest genes and i love the incorporation of accent colors.

ALSO, and i think this has been completely overlooked by most, the spines are highly reminiscent of the stripped feather stubs on a decomposing bird's wing, which i think is genius.
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
Tbh I like how small it is, other festival genes just seem too much and too busy for me.
Tbh I like how small it is, other festival genes just seem too much and too busy for me.
Selling my skins!
button_ah_buy.png
I like it! I think it's more versatile than the previous fest genes
I like it! I think it's more versatile than the previous fest genes
deity_arcanist_by_dogi_crimson-da6mxx1.gif
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group
Usually online between 22:00 and 6:00 server time!
kakvyh5.png s5AhXjW.png
I think it's pretty fun! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=93&breed=20&element=2&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=169&tertgene=211&winggene=112&wings=155&auth=ff0485641fc41259aab0065bfeeb216ab7e0000d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I really like how vermillion riot looks, red with little flairs of green that compliment other colors well. Like others said it has a really nice subtlety to it that some of the other fest genes lack, and I for one like it quite a bit!
I think it's pretty fun!

dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=93&breed=20&element=2&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=169&tertgene=211&winggene=112&wings=155&auth=ff0485641fc41259aab0065bfeeb216ab7e0000d&dummyext=prev.png

I really like how vermillion riot looks, red with little flairs of green that compliment other colors well. Like others said it has a really nice subtlety to it that some of the other fest genes lack, and I for one like it quite a bit!
cDDSaqc.png
It's alright! I could see it working quite well on some designs and it'll probably grow on me a bit. The first thing I thought on seeing it was "oh look it's the Wyrmwound". Definitely recognizeable as Plague to me, and it reminds me heavily of the landscape. Could have been better though; it definitely seems oversanitized and the pustles, especially, just look like decorative, flat lil' dots rather than the infected warts Plaguebringer sports - they're too evenly patterned across the body, more decorative than Plague. Also wish it was named Rot because Riot just... does not fit.

However, it does look quite a bit like a Water gene (hello! barnacles and fins, anyone?)
It's alright! I could see it working quite well on some designs and it'll probably grow on me a bit. The first thing I thought on seeing it was "oh look it's the Wyrmwound". Definitely recognizeable as Plague to me, and it reminds me heavily of the landscape. Could have been better though; it definitely seems oversanitized and the pustles, especially, just look like decorative, flat lil' dots rather than the infected warts Plaguebringer sports - they're too evenly patterned across the body, more decorative than Plague. Also wish it was named Rot because Riot just... does not fit.

However, it does look quite a bit like a Water gene (hello! barnacles and fins, anyone?)
eX9xO4g.png water.gif
Art Dump
Free Scries + Outfits
Art Shop (1 SLOT OPEN)
Hatchery
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxuJo6rRQ.png
i think the lil pustule things are a bit too... uniform? neatly distributed? but otherwise i enjoy it. nice having another another tert that uses spring's purple accent
i think the lil pustule things are a bit too... uniform? neatly distributed? but otherwise i enjoy it. nice having another another tert that uses spring's purple accent
Palestinian flagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grey/juniper «a
he/him «a
fr+2 «a
pings OK «a
Official artwork of the tome of Forseti from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It is dark green with elaborate white detailing.
I quite like it! It's got more volume/weight to it than a lot of the other festival genes, and it utilizes accent colors very well. It looks more like it's actually a part of the dragon's body rather than something added on top compared to the other festival genes thus far, which fits Plague's themes of mutations well. The one thing is that it looks odd on Gaolers with how it overlaps their wing pads, but it looks perfect on Abbers.
I quite like it! It's got more volume/weight to it than a lot of the other festival genes, and it utilizes accent colors very well. It looks more like it's actually a part of the dragon's body rather than something added on top compared to the other festival genes thus far, which fits Plague's themes of mutations well. The one thing is that it looks odd on Gaolers with how it overlaps their wing pads, but it looks perfect on Abbers.
!! signature under construction !!
haven't seen it yet!
haven't seen it yet!
not what i was expecting tbh. its deffo my least fav out of all the fest genes so far. from what i was understanding each gene was based off of that breeds primal eye (or at least a close approximation in starfalls case) so i was expecting something like jewels 2.0 with more fleshy bits and full body coverage. it looks kinda awkward on gaolers and i think they should be larger on the abs. i really want to like my flights gene but i think i gotta let it linger
not what i was expecting tbh. its deffo my least fav out of all the fest genes so far. from what i was understanding each gene was based off of that breeds primal eye (or at least a close approximation in starfalls case) so i was expecting something like jewels 2.0 with more fleshy bits and full body coverage. it looks kinda awkward on gaolers and i think they should be larger on the abs. i really want to like my flights gene but i think i gotta let it linger
1Wa1sIi.gif
felix || he/they
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16