Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Invasion on Polus [ DISCUSSION ] TOWNWIN
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 63 64
hello!! i just woke up so i might need a bit of time to read through the thread but i'm steamdinner storm, FR+15, and any pronouns are ok!! please ping me if there is anything you need me to address quickly and i'll get to those first!

looking forward to playing with you guys!
hello!! i just woke up so i might need a bit of time to read through the thread but i'm steamdinner storm, FR+15, and any pronouns are ok!! please ping me if there is anything you need me to address quickly and i'll get to those first!

looking forward to playing with you guys!
jghAv2V.png
@Polybius0147,

Uhm, honestly, I have no clue how I got on the radar. I just answered the questions normally. I've never played multiball games and it's been a while since I played any mafia games, so I don't know how I could be super suspicious. Do you have any reasons why a reaction test could reveal this stuff? Honestly, just kind of confused tho no hate haha!
@Polybius0147,

Uhm, honestly, I have no clue how I got on the radar. I just answered the questions normally. I've never played multiball games and it's been a while since I played any mafia games, so I don't know how I could be super suspicious. Do you have any reasons why a reaction test could reveal this stuff? Honestly, just kind of confused tho no hate haha!
89336357_350.png
Any actions to be taken on terrify's slot will be denied until a sub is found ^w^
Any actions to be taken on terrify's slot will be denied until a sub is found ^w^
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
0WcOw2E.pngLApYAIi.gif p8qgXPn.gif
hello im awake and ready! considering it's still day 1 im still going to respond to @Polybius0147 's icebreaking questions:

1 how are you FEELING right now?
im slightly groggy from having just woken up but i'm excited to play!!

2 Have you ever played multiball before? If yes, what strategies do you employ while playing multiball as either alignment, and if no (or; optional if yes) what is going to be your process starting this game to track down the sussy bakas?
i've been in multiball games! but in the games that i played, we weren't told by the mod that there'd be a second scum faction and didn't know it was multiball until some of the players we eliminated showed up as a third alignment.

i think the difference between scumhunting a normal (i.e. with a single scum faction) game and a multiball game is that we have to be cautious while analysing relationships between players. for instance, in a single scum faction game, a person that was strongly pushing for a player that eventually flips mafia is likely town. but since there are more than one scum faction here, we can only be relatively sure that the player is not from the same scum faction as the eliminated mafia.

3 what is, in your opinion, your best asset to playing town?
i'm not the best at getting reads on people but i like to think that i sort of help the thread by poking at people so there's more information for everyone else to get their own reads. i'm still going to do my best at developing my reads though!

4 We will have a d1 elimination. I will strongarm one if I have to. With that in mind, what are you looking out for for a d1 elim candidate?
d1 elims are good yes >:3 my order of preference is
scummy players > unhelpful townies > inactives
hello im awake and ready! considering it's still day 1 im still going to respond to @Polybius0147 's icebreaking questions:

im slightly groggy from having just woken up but i'm excited to play!!

2 Have you ever played multiball before? If yes, what strategies do you employ while playing multiball as either alignment, and if no (or; optional if yes) what is going to be your process starting this game to track down the sussy bakas?
i've been in multiball games! but in the games that i played, we weren't told by the mod that there'd be a second scum faction and didn't know it was multiball until some of the players we eliminated showed up as a third alignment.

i think the difference between scumhunting a normal (i.e. with a single scum faction) game and a multiball game is that we have to be cautious while analysing relationships between players. for instance, in a single scum faction game, a person that was strongly pushing for a player that eventually flips mafia is likely town. but since there are more than one scum faction here, we can only be relatively sure that the player is not from the same scum faction as the eliminated mafia.

i'm not the best at getting reads on people but i like to think that i sort of help the thread by poking at people so there's more information for everyone else to get their own reads. i'm still going to do my best at developing my reads though!

4 We will have a d1 elimination. I will strongarm one if I have to. With that in mind, what are you looking out for for a d1 elim candidate?
d1 elims are good yes >:3 my order of preference is
scummy players > unhelpful townies > inactives
jghAv2V.png
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/231015/e24aaa64f9cbaa9d6ba3e0766ba6a35b.png[/img] [size=1] Players: @Viskara @FlamingFishies @mackback319 @ArtemisAgrotera @kloverse @Temmeh @IvoryMist @Fil @KungFuCutBug @Beheaded @Stormdreamer @CreatorsDilemma @Xcscientist [b]@natsinabucket[/b] @Draco1091 Subs: @InuKimi @Scorisyn Specs: @Exastasy @mcpearlie @Beatoriche @Storia @Tanglefire @Grow @ChaoticPotato @SetoPool @Spirice @dandelionfires @AwkwardTrash @IceCrystal @FireyWings @littleraddish128 @Reshiramu @Islet @ShinyDecidueye, @ALostWonderer @TheMimic1013 @terrify [/size] [b]@natsinabucket will be subbing in for terrify !! Due to the switch, all actions on the slot have been reset, if you still wish to take an action on the slot, please use nat's name and re-submit ^w^[/center]
e24aaa64f9cbaa9d6ba3e0766ba6a35b.png

Players: @Viskara @FlamingFishies @mackback319 @ArtemisAgrotera @kloverse @Temmeh @IvoryMist @Fil @KungFuCutBug @Beheaded @Stormdreamer @CreatorsDilemma @Xcscientist @natsinabucket @Draco1091

Subs: @InuKimi @Scorisyn

Specs: @Exastasy @mcpearlie @Beatoriche @Storia @Tanglefire @Grow @ChaoticPotato @SetoPool @Spirice @dandelionfires @AwkwardTrash @IceCrystal @FireyWings @littleraddish128 @Reshiramu @Islet @ShinyDecidueye, @ALostWonderer @TheMimic1013 @terrify

@natsinabucket will be subbing in for terrify !!

Due to the switch, all actions on the slot have been reset, if you still wish to take an action on the slot, please use nat's name and re-submit ^w^
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
@artmajor I have no idea what this is or how I got on the list. Is it possible that @IcyCrystal is who should be on this list?
@artmajor I have no idea what this is or how I got on the list. Is it possible that @IcyCrystal is who should be on this list?
by the way i sort of read through the first 7 pages yesterday and the main argument i wanted to make is regarding @rantoons ' "dilemma is very unlikely to be mafia"

i don't think dilemma's claim at having a cult (and their later claim of having an ability that opposes conversion) necessarily means creator is not mafia. i remember reading the mafiascum wiki about what happens when cult tries to convert mafia (which is a problem because if the conversion is successful, the ex-mafia cultist could just reveal the entire mafteam without it hurting their wincon) and it's usually either "cult leader dies if they try to convert a mafia" or "mafia is immune to cult conversions".

what if mafia in this game is immune to cult conversion, and dilemma's claim about stopping the cult conversion is because dilemma is mafia and is therefore immune? i don't see why mafia!dilemma would hold back claiming because
1. it gives dilemma town points for having an anti-cult ability
2. it lets town know that there is a cult, so town can be on the lookout for a cult and help mafia eliminate the cult
3. cult might not have a kill so dilemma might not be in any danger of being nightkilled by cult.
by the way i sort of read through the first 7 pages yesterday and the main argument i wanted to make is regarding @rantoons ' "dilemma is very unlikely to be mafia"

i don't think dilemma's claim at having a cult (and their later claim of having an ability that opposes conversion) necessarily means creator is not mafia. i remember reading the mafiascum wiki about what happens when cult tries to convert mafia (which is a problem because if the conversion is successful, the ex-mafia cultist could just reveal the entire mafteam without it hurting their wincon) and it's usually either "cult leader dies if they try to convert a mafia" or "mafia is immune to cult conversions".

what if mafia in this game is immune to cult conversion, and dilemma's claim about stopping the cult conversion is because dilemma is mafia and is therefore immune? i don't see why mafia!dilemma would hold back claiming because
1. it gives dilemma town points for having an anti-cult ability
2. it lets town know that there is a cult, so town can be on the lookout for a cult and help mafia eliminate the cult
3. cult might not have a kill so dilemma might not be in any danger of being nightkilled by cult.
jghAv2V.png
[quote name="IceCrystal" date="2023-10-14 20:49:30" ] @artmajor I have no idea what this is or how I got on the list. Is it possible that @IcyCrystal is who should be on this list? [/quote] OH LORD IM SO SORRY AHJSDKFHAJKDSFHADSKJFGADHSFJKADGFAJKDSFGASDJHFAGSDFAJS Deep apologies for the inconvenience ;w;
IceCrystal wrote on 2023-10-14 20:49:30:

OH LORD IM SO SORRY AHJSDKFHAJKDSFHADSKJFGADHSFJKADGFAJKDSFGASDJHFAGSDFAJS
Deep apologies for the inconvenience ;w;
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
Ah I’m sorry I’m back so late! A lot of things came up and I wasn’t able to get back online when I wanted to. Still not in the best head space right now, health-wise, but I’ll do what I can. I’m frustrated with myself for not spending as much time as I wanted to on scum hunting, or participating as much as I had set out to.

Mimic, I really hope you’re okay. I’m sorry that this game was such a negative experience for you. Take some time to breathe and rest and take care of yourself.

Welcome storm and nat! Scum team from beginner mafia is finally reunited >:)

@Polybius0147
Just wanted to ask, who is nil? Did you mean Fil?
I’ll get back to you on your question, need some time to go through and squint at everything. I won’t be limiting myself to that pool of players. Totally understand that I look scummy rn with my limited contributions thus far.

Ah I’m sorry I’m back so late! A lot of things came up and I wasn’t able to get back online when I wanted to. Still not in the best head space right now, health-wise, but I’ll do what I can. I’m frustrated with myself for not spending as much time as I wanted to on scum hunting, or participating as much as I had set out to.

Mimic, I really hope you’re okay. I’m sorry that this game was such a negative experience for you. Take some time to breathe and rest and take care of yourself.

Welcome storm and nat! Scum team from beginner mafia is finally reunited >:)

@Polybius0147
Just wanted to ask, who is nil? Did you mean Fil?
I’ll get back to you on your question, need some time to go through and squint at everything. I won’t be limiting myself to that pool of players. Totally understand that I look scummy rn with my limited contributions thus far.

188423.png

- Xc
- she/they
- FR+0
- wishlist

words word
184209.png336966.png472370.png
hey everyone! just got out of a dnd session and ill probably go to bed p soon, but ping me with anything you wanna talk about and ill come through and answer in the morning!

my name is nat, pronouns she/her, timezone fr+2. ive played with a lot of the ppl here, so hello again! but also hi to the new faces, nice to meet you all!

ummmm things. thoughts. the aggressive start to the thread has been interesting to read along to. but i like storm's start in the mimic slot? obv it's been like no time at all but the immediate jump in with constructive thoughts and opinions about things happening in thread makes me feel tentatively good. whenever i see omgussy conflict i don't even know where to start with reading it- just saw similar stuff in the starfall game and it was between two town, so i'm tempted to just ignore it and read the way storm plays from now on as though storm is the first person to have the slot, since all the mimic stuff was all obv more personal.

(but also hope you're doing ok mimic!)

i guess i'll answer the icebreakers to start- although i would like to see an explanation of the apparent logic behind them from neil Soon, since we're in the second half of the day now

@Polybius0147

TIRED. dnd was a lot today. but excited for more mafia

this is my first exposure to multiball
and honestly, i feel like for my sanity i might just have to treat this as though i'm looking for mafia in a standard game? as in, sus is sus, don't freak out too much about whether they'll be specifically mafia or cult or whatever the third faction is until they flip.

not great at self-reflecting lol but i like to think i'm good at reasoning through my reads and providing detail on my thoughts, having good Evidence behind my intuitions (though i do admittedly read based on gut feelings as well haha)

as long as they're someone who's talked a few times (so we actually have things to work with from their flip) and are sus for reasons other than WE NEED A D1 ELIM AND THE DEADLINE IS APPROACHING, i'll consider a suspect

but also, i won't vote if i feel like it's just an elim for elim's sake with no other basis. that might not be a problem today since there's already been so much activity and a few names proposed, but i need to reread the thread from a player standpoint instead of a spectator one before stating opinions on any of them

anywho, i'd really like to see why these questions have created such a definitive pool of suspects for you- i know you have a Plan here so i won't say it's suspicious you haven't disclosed, but i rlly would appreciate hearing what the purpose of this exercise is
hey everyone! just got out of a dnd session and ill probably go to bed p soon, but ping me with anything you wanna talk about and ill come through and answer in the morning!

my name is nat, pronouns she/her, timezone fr+2. ive played with a lot of the ppl here, so hello again! but also hi to the new faces, nice to meet you all!

ummmm things. thoughts. the aggressive start to the thread has been interesting to read along to. but i like storm's start in the mimic slot? obv it's been like no time at all but the immediate jump in with constructive thoughts and opinions about things happening in thread makes me feel tentatively good. whenever i see omgussy conflict i don't even know where to start with reading it- just saw similar stuff in the starfall game and it was between two town, so i'm tempted to just ignore it and read the way storm plays from now on as though storm is the first person to have the slot, since all the mimic stuff was all obv more personal.

(but also hope you're doing ok mimic!)

i guess i'll answer the icebreakers to start- although i would like to see an explanation of the apparent logic behind them from neil Soon, since we're in the second half of the day now

@Polybius0147

TIRED. dnd was a lot today. but excited for more mafia

this is my first exposure to multiball
and honestly, i feel like for my sanity i might just have to treat this as though i'm looking for mafia in a standard game? as in, sus is sus, don't freak out too much about whether they'll be specifically mafia or cult or whatever the third faction is until they flip.

not great at self-reflecting lol but i like to think i'm good at reasoning through my reads and providing detail on my thoughts, having good Evidence behind my intuitions (though i do admittedly read based on gut feelings as well haha)

as long as they're someone who's talked a few times (so we actually have things to work with from their flip) and are sus for reasons other than WE NEED A D1 ELIM AND THE DEADLINE IS APPROACHING, i'll consider a suspect

but also, i won't vote if i feel like it's just an elim for elim's sake with no other basis. that might not be a problem today since there's already been so much activity and a few names proposed, but i need to reread the thread from a player standpoint instead of a spectator one before stating opinions on any of them

anywho, i'd really like to see why these questions have created such a definitive pool of suspects for you- i know you have a Plan here so i won't say it's suspicious you haven't disclosed, but i rlly would appreciate hearing what the purpose of this exercise is
e49ylni.png
P9pWXTH.png
p8qgXPn.gif
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 63 64