Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are your dragons characters?
1 2 3 4 5 6
my personal hangups dictate that no, my (non-fandragon) dragons aren't ocs.

personal hangups aside, yeah, they're essentially ocs. fandragons also get to have lore, because i like writing crossovers and stitching unrelated concepts from unrelated works into one cohesive world, what can i say.

actualy, writing for flight rising is one of my two major writing projects. i've got to move all my worldbuilding and character writing out of discord dms/my head and into dragon bios, but i am trying to write a proper fleshed-out world here.
don't think i'd call it a proper story, though, more of a universe-building project. bunch of that involves seeing said universe through the eyes of random characters within it/seeing their stories within the given universe/seeing their impact on the given universe as well. whiiiiich kind of necessitates them all being properly written characters in of themselves.

whoops!
my personal hangups dictate that no, my (non-fandragon) dragons aren't ocs.

personal hangups aside, yeah, they're essentially ocs. fandragons also get to have lore, because i like writing crossovers and stitching unrelated concepts from unrelated works into one cohesive world, what can i say.

actualy, writing for flight rising is one of my two major writing projects. i've got to move all my worldbuilding and character writing out of discord dms/my head and into dragon bios, but i am trying to write a proper fleshed-out world here.
don't think i'd call it a proper story, though, more of a universe-building project. bunch of that involves seeing said universe through the eyes of random characters within it/seeing their stories within the given universe/seeing their impact on the given universe as well. whiiiiich kind of necessitates them all being properly written characters in of themselves.

whoops!
8aKVtucC_o.png
I like to turn my dragons into their own characters with human designs and everything. I don't have designs for many yet but it's the goal. You can see and idea of what I mean by looking at Sodalite and Variscite.
I like to turn my dragons into their own characters with human designs and everything. I don't have designs for many yet but it's the goal. You can see and idea of what I mean by looking at Sodalite and Variscite.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
Theoretically yes, but I don't have enough brain power or time to write lore or actually characterise them. I like to think about the general idea of a clan of unique dragons but I haven't got further than that.
Theoretically yes, but I don't have enough brain power or time to write lore or actually characterise them. I like to think about the general idea of a clan of unique dragons but I haven't got further than that.
flygon.gifaggron.gifnidoking.gifgiratina-altered.gifmewtwo.gifblaziken-f.gif
My dragons are definitely more oc than fr dragon at this point ghdfsj
They all are intended to have humanoid designs in the future (many do now) and their stories aren't related to fr lore very much (those that are related can be separated from it just as easily)
My dragons are definitely more oc than fr dragon at this point ghdfsj
They all are intended to have humanoid designs in the future (many do now) and their stories aren't related to fr lore very much (those that are related can be separated from it just as easily)
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
Most of them aren't, though I might assign them a role in the clan. For me, it feels weird to write them too much like humans.

The ones I do give some characterization to are less about backstory and more about personality and vibes, maybe a bit about how they joined the clan or why they have a certain theme to them. I notice that I tend to write bios like an outsider making observations and less like someone telling a story, if that makes sense.
Most of them aren't, though I might assign them a role in the clan. For me, it feels weird to write them too much like humans.

The ones I do give some characterization to are less about backstory and more about personality and vibes, maybe a bit about how they joined the clan or why they have a certain theme to them. I notice that I tend to write bios like an outsider making observations and less like someone telling a story, if that makes sense.
DragonIC_Big.png PsychicIC_Big.png
All 3! I have some dragons that I made into characters in their own right, some where I borrowed heavily from shows/books that I liked, and some who started off as OCs and became dragons. Having the diversity helped with creating the Character dragons by giving them others with more fleshed out personalities to play off of.
All 3! I have some dragons that I made into characters in their own right, some where I borrowed heavily from shows/books that I liked, and some who started off as OCs and became dragons. Having the diversity helped with creating the Character dragons by giving them others with more fleshed out personalities to play off of.
BiYzByz.gif6z1gQFM.png FI4rElJ.png asexual_zpscvse3pjl.pngN6rygcH.pngkPMrajo.pnglnrYYwg.pngtumblr_o1cb6f8u9h1unhfhho3_r3_100.png
eZ5CPeG.gif

tumblr_ny7bkbgNXY1s88na0o1_400.png

uw3nPsd.png

yxjAjIa.png
rB3k2Un.png
57hQ131.png
I think, in terms of dragons being characters, I consider most of my dragons as bite-sized personalities. I think the dragons that I'm most attached to, like my progens, my comfort dragons, and other special dragons, are most likely to be characterised.

However, I've bought dragons just to be characters, and not just fandragons. Peykirau is probably the most expensive non-pre-fodder-sandsurge I've brought into my lair, but I bought her specifically to be a character specific to my flight rising lore. She's probably not gonna be the last, currently seeking out other dragons to take on the roles I have ideas for in Peykirau's fold of allies. But, please refer to her as Pike in conversation. That's pretty much what her name means.

But being a person with some big projects and still being in education, it's gonna be quite a while until I make my main focus making lore and fleshing out my dragons. I do have a couple fandragons, I guess, but they're mostly for fun.
I think, in terms of dragons being characters, I consider most of my dragons as bite-sized personalities. I think the dragons that I'm most attached to, like my progens, my comfort dragons, and other special dragons, are most likely to be characterised.

However, I've bought dragons just to be characters, and not just fandragons. Peykirau is probably the most expensive non-pre-fodder-sandsurge I've brought into my lair, but I bought her specifically to be a character specific to my flight rising lore. She's probably not gonna be the last, currently seeking out other dragons to take on the roles I have ideas for in Peykirau's fold of allies. But, please refer to her as Pike in conversation. That's pretty much what her name means.

But being a person with some big projects and still being in education, it's gonna be quite a while until I make my main focus making lore and fleshing out my dragons. I do have a couple fandragons, I guess, but they're mostly for fun.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
the majority of my dragons have lore and bios with how they fit into the lore of my clan :)
the majority of my dragons have lore and bios with how they fit into the lore of my clan :)
i like minecraft (the video game)
Rw7uKRS.png
They are characters (sort of) but I just want to flesh them out more for fun, not for a story (yet). I just play with them in my mind like dolls tbh.
They are characters (sort of) but I just want to flesh them out more for fun, not for a story (yet). I just play with them in my mind like dolls tbh.
dragons I'm currently selling
yes!!
they're all (human-like) individuals with personalities, backstories, likes/dislikes, etc.
they're important to me, and all are essential to telling a story while also filling a role in the world. it's hard to have a company without workers, customers, people who live in the world and are affected tangentially...

like if you step out into a big city, there's thousands of people rushing around you, doing their own thing. some might be on the way to the grocery store, some might be rushing to school, happy to get home from work, going out for a coffee, needing earplugs from the corner store, etc. we don't really think about everyone else and their motivations, but i want to with my characters. (:
yes!!
they're all (human-like) individuals with personalities, backstories, likes/dislikes, etc.
they're important to me, and all are essential to telling a story while also filling a role in the world. it's hard to have a company without workers, customers, people who live in the world and are affected tangentially...

like if you step out into a big city, there's thousands of people rushing around you, doing their own thing. some might be on the way to the grocery store, some might be rushing to school, happy to get home from work, going out for a coffee, needing earplugs from the corner store, etc. we don't really think about everyone else and their motivations, but i want to with my characters. (:
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.