Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Random Raffle
1 2 ... 771 772 773 774 775 ... 925 926
I have both encountered and caught a shiny Oddish on FireRed at full odds (my first Pokemon game! - didn't even know what a shiny was) and fled from a full odds Zigzagoon on a later Pokemon game that got stolen from me :( I keep hoping I find that silly pink guy again. If I ever shiny hunt, that's the first one I'm going for. [emoji=pink star size=1]
I have both encountered and caught a shiny Oddish on FireRed at full odds (my first Pokemon game! - didn't even know what a shiny was) and fled from a full odds Zigzagoon on a later Pokemon game that got stolen from me :( I keep hoping I find that silly pink guy again. If I ever shiny hunt, that's the first one I'm going for.
fav FR colour: spruce
fav FR gene combo: pinstripe/shimmer/capsule
fav FR breed: coatl
w8o0xW1.png ping me please
they/them
I come from a family of 5 kids. Myself and my brother were the severely unlucky ones when it came to the dentist. Other kids would have one cavity or two. My brother and I would have 8 or 10.

Then come to a dental appointment of the dreaded Friday the 13th. We quailed in anticipation but -

No cavities. None.

Since then the two of us have considered it a lucky and favorite day.
I come from a family of 5 kids. Myself and my brother were the severely unlucky ones when it came to the dentist. Other kids would have one cavity or two. My brother and I would have 8 or 10.

Then come to a dental appointment of the dreaded Friday the 13th. We quailed in anticipation but -

No cavities. None.

Since then the two of us have considered it a lucky and favorite day.
w8o0xW1.pngjYu7GSS.png XdKddgH.png DC: SQ9MAS6.png FR+0
I have a lucky item! It's this little horseshoe that I got as a kid...there weren't even any events that made me think it was lucky, I just decided it was.
I have a lucky item! It's this little horseshoe that I got as a kid...there weren't even any events that made me think it was lucky, I just decided it was.
Many years ago I broke 2 mirrors within a week of one another. Instead of lots of bad luck, I had not really good luck- but much improved from what it had been prior.
I still wonder if one cancels out the other? I've heard that it is supposed to be double bad luck but it so wasn't.

Also I will bring in a sad fact so maybe people out there can help. Even in this day and age, black animals are often the most difficult to get adopted. Shelters often complain that they get overlooked. Black animals have just as much love in them to give and receive. This superstition is silly
Many years ago I broke 2 mirrors within a week of one another. Instead of lots of bad luck, I had not really good luck- but much improved from what it had been prior.
I still wonder if one cancels out the other? I've heard that it is supposed to be double bad luck but it so wasn't.

Also I will bring in a sad fact so maybe people out there can help. Even in this day and age, black animals are often the most difficult to get adopted. Shelters often complain that they get overlooked. Black animals have just as much love in them to give and receive. This superstition is silly
IMG-7708.png

ovaJ1TV.png
Though I'm not superstitious myself I do find superstitions fascinating. I love learning about their origins. The superstition about black cats being unlucky has roots in medieval Europe. They're seen as satanic in many places
Though I'm not superstitious myself I do find superstitions fascinating. I love learning about their origins. The superstition about black cats being unlucky has roots in medieval Europe. They're seen as satanic in many places
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
The only superstition I do is "knock on wood" if I or someone says something I don't want to come true or if we say something we want to come true but don't want to jinx it into not happening. I looked up the origins and apparently there are several theories. The second part of "knock on something hollow" if there isn't anything wooden around and then knock on someone's head I always found odd and never felt it would work but knocking on wood feels right to me. I'm a huge skeptic about everything superstitious so it annoys me to feel this way and do it but if I don't, there's a feeling of doom.
The only superstition I do is "knock on wood" if I or someone says something I don't want to come true or if we say something we want to come true but don't want to jinx it into not happening. I looked up the origins and apparently there are several theories. The second part of "knock on something hollow" if there isn't anything wooden around and then knock on someone's head I always found odd and never felt it would work but knocking on wood feels right to me. I'm a huge skeptic about everything superstitious so it annoys me to feel this way and do it but if I don't, there's a feeling of doom.
FollowtheWind_zps439946e9.jpg
In my culture, the number 8 is considered a lucky number because the pronunciation of it sounds somewhat similar to the word lucky, and similarly, the number 4 is unlucky because is sounds similar to the word death. :D
In my culture, the number 8 is considered a lucky number because the pronunciation of it sounds somewhat similar to the word lucky, and similarly, the number 4 is unlucky because is sounds similar to the word death. :D
OIUN2Fc.png eoeoeo eoeoeo rAns2Aq.png

There is a superstition in Hawai’i where I grew up that it is unlucky for visitors to take any lava rock from anywhere on the Big Island (where the Goddess of Fire, Pele, lives in the volcano). At Volcano House, they have an exhibit with pieces of rocks tourists have mailed back to the islands along with letters describing their bad luck that happened when they took the rocks. I believe some even send bottles of liquor to appease the Goddess. I forget whether or not she has a favorite brand…!

It is very convincing.
There is a superstition in Hawai’i where I grew up that it is unlucky for visitors to take any lava rock from anywhere on the Big Island (where the Goddess of Fire, Pele, lives in the volcano). At Volcano House, they have an exhibit with pieces of rocks tourists have mailed back to the islands along with letters describing their bad luck that happened when they took the rocks. I believe some even send bottles of liquor to appease the Goddess. I forget whether or not she has a favorite brand…!

It is very convincing.
UTakosS.pngY5AUp2a.gif qzV0stX.png
i love learning about obscure and random mythical creatures! one of my favorites is the Tatzelwurm a mythical creature from Austrian folklore that's half cat half snake which is 2 of my favorite animals so no wonder i like it lol.
i love learning about obscure and random mythical creatures! one of my favorites is the Tatzelwurm a mythical creature from Austrian folklore that's half cat half snake which is 2 of my favorite animals so no wonder i like it lol.
jellyfishspace.gif .
7UXlQKU.gif
OPS7bfK.png
BTRr72z.png
NOP5viO.png
mqW8lnj.png
Hello! im Jellyinspace
you can call me Jelly or Jellyfish.

Reminder to drink some water!
Skin: Curse the Night
^i made this^
get it here
[/url]
[quote name="Storygeek" date="2023-10-13 07:03:37" ] There is a superstition in Hawai’i where I grew up that it is unlucky for visitors to take any lava rock from anywhere on the Big Island (where the Goddess of Fire, Pele, lives in the volcano). At Volcano House, they have an exhibit with pieces of rocks tourists have mailed back to the islands along with letters describing their bad luck that happened when they took the rocks. I believe some even send bottles of liquor to appease the Goddess. I forget whether or not she has a favorite brand…! It is very convincing. [/quote] That is interesting. I never heard of that. I was in Hawaii and took some home that washed up on the local beach.
Storygeek wrote on 2023-10-13 07:03:37:

It is very convincing.

That is interesting. I never heard of that. I was in Hawaii and took some home that washed up on the local beach.
iXiHpnr.pngClick}AuraVeil Hatchery 5hF3FGk.png
1 2 ... 771 772 773 774 775 ... 925 926