Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | discord image hosting PSA
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@hungryhobbits Hello! As a reminder, bumping threads outside of the exempt sales forum is spam and is not allowed.
@hungryhobbits Hello! As a reminder, bumping threads outside of the exempt sales forum is spam and is not allowed.
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
ughhh this is so messed up

i have SO many images i use discord to host.. both on here and toyhouse

gonna have to roll myself on back to imgbb bc imgur is so extra and confusing for me LOL

ty for the psa though !!

ughhh this is so messed up

i have SO many images i use discord to host.. both on here and toyhouse

gonna have to roll myself on back to imgbb bc imgur is so extra and confusing for me LOL

ty for the psa though !!

Untitled51.png
@JCStitches oh i apologize i won't do it again then!
@JCStitches oh i apologize i won't do it again then!
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Man what is up with online services and websites just
making really bad/weird decisions and knocking their users over the head with a hammer
making really bad/weird decisions and knocking their users over the head with a hammer
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
@TricksySixx i mean i guess it makes sense that that isn't what discord is for but it's also probably a good/bad thing because people really shouldn't be using discord for archival systems (saying this as someone who HAS been doing that)
@TricksySixx i mean i guess it makes sense that that isn't what discord is for but it's also probably a good/bad thing because people really shouldn't be using discord for archival systems (saying this as someone who HAS been doing that)
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
Gonna try keeping this uptop without directly bumping... so here's a discord pro's perspective on the situation!

EDIT: still dunno how to get the drives working for hosting btw...
Gonna try keeping this uptop without directly bumping... so here's a discord pro's perspective on the situation!

bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
[quote name="2Blue2BTrue" date="2023-10-06 00:34:30" ] Gonna try keeping this uptop without directly bumping... so here's a discord pro's perspective on the situation! EDIT: still dunno how to get the drives working for hosting btw... [/quote] thanks for more info! i dunno how to help you with that though i'll be honest - i'm just going to use tumblr or something else ;w;"
2Blue2BTrue wrote on 2023-10-06 00:34:30:

thanks for more info!

i dunno how to help you with that though i'll be honest - i'm just going to use tumblr or something else ;w;"
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
Wow, thats good to know- i use Discord as my main site to link images... including my online schoolwork. This is very annoying as Discord was so convenient for that reason-- now i have to redo my whole toyhouse too which is quite annoying, as i have a lot of characters.
Wow, thats good to know- i use Discord as my main site to link images... including my online schoolwork. This is very annoying as Discord was so convenient for that reason-- now i have to redo my whole toyhouse too which is quite annoying, as i have a lot of characters.
79771108_lfwPW5bn2U5Fpy7.png
I'd advise anyone who uses Discord or something similar as an image hoster to not do that. There's a lot of reasons for it. The main reason being that you literally cannot control the image, take it down or privatize it. Everyone can access it and if you for some reason want to take it down, you simply cannot.

If anyone's looking for a decent image hosting service, I recommend imgbb :)
I'd advise anyone who uses Discord or something similar as an image hoster to not do that. There's a lot of reasons for it. The main reason being that you literally cannot control the image, take it down or privatize it. Everyone can access it and if you for some reason want to take it down, you simply cannot.

If anyone's looking for a decent image hosting service, I recommend imgbb :)
[quote name="TricksySixx" date="2023-10-05 08:18:42" ] Man what is up with online services and websites just making really bad/weird decisions and knocking their users over the head with a hammer [/quote] This isn't necessarily a bad decision on Discords part. This is done to prevent people from using it as an image / file hosting service, and also to combat bad actors (e.g. malware hosting). I'd suggest using some other service as an alternative, but for 100% foolproof image / file hosting you can standup a website yourself (for little to no charge).
TricksySixx wrote on 2023-10-05 08:18:42:
This isn't necessarily a bad decision on Discords part. This is done to prevent people from using it as an image / file hosting service, and also to combat bad actors (e.g. malware hosting). I'd suggest using some other service as an alternative, but for 100% foolproof image / file hosting you can standup a website yourself (for little to no charge).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8