Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you care about leveling your permas?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hmm, sort of? I'd like to level more of them eventually, but I already have five that suit most of my coliseum needs, and there's only so much time in a day to play FR, and so much to do in that time! I think it'd be cool to level up certain fandragons, but other than that I think I'd have to run out of projects to dedicate myself to such a massive undertaking [emoji=coatl scared size=1]
Hmm, sort of? I'd like to level more of them eventually, but I already have five that suit most of my coliseum needs, and there's only so much time in a day to play FR, and so much to do in that time! I think it'd be cool to level up certain fandragons, but other than that I think I'd have to run out of projects to dedicate myself to such a massive undertaking
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
yes and no?

on one hand, i do find myself uniquely attached to the dragons i have leveled to 25 as opposed to the ones i haven't. it's definitely a sign they're a permanent keeper in my lair
ideally, i would like all my permas to be level 25

on the other hand, i'm in a weird state where i'm trying to define what "perma" even is for my lair anymore, and thus what dragons would even be eligible for it. i think the best way to know is just that if i feel compelled to level a dragon to 25 in the first place, they're a perma rather than the other way around
i also dislike having a level 25 dragon that doesn't have a build, so i'd feel compelled to get every dragon a build of some kind and i don't even know where to start with that for deciding what i want - and it would also be incredibly expensive though this is also a fantastic excuse to go looking for leveling teams for the kelp beds, workshop, and portal
and as much as i enjoy the coli, leveling to 25 is one of the things that can burn me out incredibly hard if i do it too much or don't do it in the right way, so i'd need to be careful about how many dragons i trained in the first place and the method i used to do it

though also agreeing with someone above about they'd have to allow unnamed's in the coli at least in certain fringe cases, since i've got one lore dragon who canonically is an incredibly fierce and feared gladiator, but has no name at all. although i could get around it by calling her "unknown" or something like that, it just doesn't have the same impact as a genuinely unnamed dragon, so she'll never be leveled unless either i compromise on her name or something happens to allow unnamed dragons to be trained or the introduction of an "unnaming scroll"
yes and no?

on one hand, i do find myself uniquely attached to the dragons i have leveled to 25 as opposed to the ones i haven't. it's definitely a sign they're a permanent keeper in my lair
ideally, i would like all my permas to be level 25

on the other hand, i'm in a weird state where i'm trying to define what "perma" even is for my lair anymore, and thus what dragons would even be eligible for it. i think the best way to know is just that if i feel compelled to level a dragon to 25 in the first place, they're a perma rather than the other way around
i also dislike having a level 25 dragon that doesn't have a build, so i'd feel compelled to get every dragon a build of some kind and i don't even know where to start with that for deciding what i want - and it would also be incredibly expensive though this is also a fantastic excuse to go looking for leveling teams for the kelp beds, workshop, and portal
and as much as i enjoy the coli, leveling to 25 is one of the things that can burn me out incredibly hard if i do it too much or don't do it in the right way, so i'd need to be careful about how many dragons i trained in the first place and the method i used to do it

though also agreeing with someone above about they'd have to allow unnamed's in the coli at least in certain fringe cases, since i've got one lore dragon who canonically is an incredibly fierce and feared gladiator, but has no name at all. although i could get around it by calling her "unknown" or something like that, it just doesn't have the same impact as a genuinely unnamed dragon, so she'll never be leveled unless either i compromise on her name or something happens to allow unnamed dragons to be trained or the introduction of an "unnaming scroll"
Nonbinary
Trans Masculine
Xenogender

Avatar Dragon. The button is linked to my current avatar dragon.
For sale. The button is linked to my dragon sales lair tab.
limes, benrey, or belial || they/them & neos

fr time but im on at really weird hours sometimes
very anxious, so forum activity is sporadic at best
for my dragons - pose =/= pronouns. please use they/them for any of them unless otherwise specified
Leveling my favorites to 25 is an expression of love to me (if it makes sense lore-wise, even better) - so YES! It fun!
Leveling my favorites to 25 is an expression of love to me (if it makes sense lore-wise, even better) - so YES! It fun!
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
Quite the opposite, outside of my coli dragons (+ no battlestones) i find them way easier to exalt if they're leveled, oops.

The ones i really like tend to be only level 1 haha
Quite the opposite, outside of my coli dragons (+ no battlestones) i find them way easier to exalt if they're leveled, oops.

The ones i really like tend to be only level 1 haha
Nah. It took so long to level my first 3 level 25s and I feel impatient when I'm levelling fodder to level 5. I'm not too lore inclined so it doesn't really affect my clan
Nah. It took so long to level my first 3 level 25s and I feel impatient when I'm levelling fodder to level 5. I'm not too lore inclined so it doesn't really affect my clan
flygon.gifaggron.gifnidoking.gifgiratina-altered.gifmewtwo.gifblaziken-f.gif
I made my premas Lv 10 (or Lv 5, if they are permababies). It's just a nice number and it doesn't take too long to reach. I did it more so it gets easier to find unlevelled fodder in the coli though, since I sort by "Level - Lowest First".
I made my premas Lv 10 (or Lv 5, if they are permababies). It's just a nice number and it doesn't take too long to reach. I did it more so it gets easier to find unlevelled fodder in the coli though, since I sort by "Level - Lowest First".
A tiny cat resting on books bigger than it, surrounded by magic swirls
tincture - fr +15
ey/em/eirs - pings OK
icon dragon

why are you highlighting this
Leveling permas is literally my version of bonding time with them.
Once I'm securely consistent with my perma supply (On a personal record time of not having done any severe purges but I wanna be sure I'm satistied with my current direction of acquiring permas) I really hope I'll get to live out my dream of having a lair full entirely of functional lvl 25s
Leveling permas is literally my version of bonding time with them.
Once I'm securely consistent with my perma supply (On a personal record time of not having done any severe purges but I wanna be sure I'm satistied with my current direction of acquiring permas) I really hope I'll get to live out my dream of having a lair full entirely of functional lvl 25s
I'm not planning on fully leveling my lair or anything, but lately I've been giving my favorites some love and leveling them up. I'm currently working on my mercenary character because them being lower level than the fodder they "train" makes absolutely no sense
I'm not planning on fully leveling my lair or anything, but lately I've been giving my favorites some love and leveling them up. I'm currently working on my mercenary character because them being lower level than the fodder they "train" makes absolutely no sense
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
I level most of my permas to 5 just to have them out of the way when I'm training fodder. I do have a few that are level 25 just for the hell of it though.
I level most of my permas to 5 just to have them out of the way when I'm training fodder. I do have a few that are level 25 just for the hell of it though.
I've only got 5 level 25s, and I'm not intending to level any other perma to max unless I find I need another one for coli purposes.

There's a subset of my permas who are level 8, which means I was planning to exalt them, but then I changed my mind.

A few of my Obelisks are level 2, because I used them for the "using one level 1 dragon" achievements until they stopped being level 1.

And everyone else has never been in the coli at all. In the majority of cases, getting levels means you're about to be sent to the Gladekeeper. :)
I've only got 5 level 25s, and I'm not intending to level any other perma to max unless I find I need another one for coli purposes.

There's a subset of my permas who are level 8, which means I was planning to exalt them, but then I changed my mind.

A few of my Obelisks are level 2, because I used them for the "using one level 1 dragon" achievements until they stopped being level 1.

And everyone else has never been in the coli at all. In the majority of cases, getting levels means you're about to be sent to the Gladekeeper. :)
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7