Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Lies of P, anyone?
[s]Talking about the game which is not even released yet might be silly, but I can't handle this excitement :D Hype![/s] EDIT: [b]The game is now officially released![/b] [emoji=firework size=1] For the people who don't know, it's the upcoming Souls-Like game (something like Dark Souls, Elden Right, Bloodborne...) and will be released on 19th! It takes the story of Pinocchio so general theme of the game is cruel fairy tale. The makers said you(Pinocchio) will have to lie to NPCs to learn human's emotions. Will it affects the plot of the game? I don't know but seems interesting! c: At the first glance, it looked similar with traditional souls-like games but later I found it has it's own combat style. Like perfect guard, with this you can even destroy common enemies' weapon! Bit tricky but was really fun. I prefer Bloodborne's combat style over Dark Souls, and this game's combat fit with my taste very well X3 So yes I already bought the game! Can't wait to play my first playthrough~ Is there anyone who knows about this game / waiting for release? And your opinion about this game? Is it good or bad?
Talking about the game which is not even released yet might be silly,
but I can't handle this excitement :D Hype!

EDIT:
The game is now officially released!

For the people who don't know, it's the upcoming Souls-Like game (something like Dark Souls, Elden Right, Bloodborne...) and will be released on 19th! It takes the story of Pinocchio so general theme of the game is cruel fairy tale. The makers said you(Pinocchio) will have to lie to NPCs to learn human's emotions. Will it affects the plot of the game? I don't know but seems interesting! c:

At the first glance, it looked similar with traditional souls-like games but later I found it has it's own combat style. Like perfect guard, with this you can even destroy common enemies' weapon! Bit tricky but was really fun. I prefer Bloodborne's combat style over Dark Souls, and this game's combat fit with my taste very well X3

So yes I already bought the game! Can't wait to play my first playthrough~

Is there anyone who knows about this game / waiting for release?
And your opinion about this game? Is it good or bad?
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
I am not sure I even count because I do not intend on playing it (soulsborne genre is not my favourite sadly. It does make me kind of upset but I can't play games like these lol) but I am following it and very interested in it anyway.

I wanna know how the story will go, the characters, THE WHOLE ENVIRONMENT BECAUSE HOLY FRICK... and all that so YouTube will be my friend here. I was also just slack-jawed when I saw the design and looks they gave this game's Pinocchio is just gorgeous. I still can't get over it.
I am not sure I even count because I do not intend on playing it (soulsborne genre is not my favourite sadly. It does make me kind of upset but I can't play games like these lol) but I am following it and very interested in it anyway.

I wanna know how the story will go, the characters, THE WHOLE ENVIRONMENT BECAUSE HOLY FRICK... and all that so YouTube will be my friend here. I was also just slack-jawed when I saw the design and looks they gave this game's Pinocchio is just gorgeous. I still can't get over it.
BkLX97a.pngOctopus is welcomeYya65zH.png
Ooh, I remember seeing a trailer for it a while ago!

I'm a total newbie to Soulsborne games, I've played Hollow Knight (if that counts?) before and I own the first Dark Souls game but I barely touched it, haha. That being said, Lies of P definitely seems interesting! Not sure if I'll pick it up, but I might check out a playthrough of it sometime.

Ooh, I remember seeing a trailer for it a while ago!

I'm a total newbie to Soulsborne games, I've played Hollow Knight (if that counts?) before and I own the first Dark Souls game but I barely touched it, haha. That being said, Lies of P definitely seems interesting! Not sure if I'll pick it up, but I might check out a playthrough of it sometime.

bulbasaur.gifivysaur.gifvenusaur-f.gif

knives || it/he || art shop
I'd never even heard of it until I was discussing Xbox game pass with a family member and he mentioned it as coming to Gpass on release.

I looked it up and I am absolutely fascinated! I already love Soulsesque games, but one with a dark fairy tale theme and almost steampunk aesthetics? How could I NOT be interested?

@knify

A Souls-like is, at the most basic form, an action RPG known for high levels of difficulty (Hollow Knight absolutely HATES you) and environmental storytelling (which HK has in SPADES), so yes, that ABSOLUTELY counts!
I'd never even heard of it until I was discussing Xbox game pass with a family member and he mentioned it as coming to Gpass on release.

I looked it up and I am absolutely fascinated! I already love Soulsesque games, but one with a dark fairy tale theme and almost steampunk aesthetics? How could I NOT be interested?

@knify

A Souls-like is, at the most basic form, an action RPG known for high levels of difficulty (Hollow Knight absolutely HATES you) and environmental storytelling (which HK has in SPADES), so yes, that ABSOLUTELY counts!
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
I'm excited for Lies of P! It's basically a spiritual successor to Bloondborne! It's sooo pretty.
I'm excited for Lies of P! It's basically a spiritual successor to Bloondborne! It's sooo pretty.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
Saw the trailer when it was first announced, got exited about the whole pinocchio dark fairy tale. Lost that excitement when i heard its like a souls game aka difficult game, shame im just bad at these games guess i watch a lets play
Saw the trailer when it was first announced, got exited about the whole pinocchio dark fairy tale. Lost that excitement when i heard its like a souls game aka difficult game, shame im just bad at these games guess i watch a lets play
qvTNuJR.pngny1CRK5.png
@Orionis
Haha as a soulsborne fan I definitely understand it's not for everyone... (honestly we're weirdos as we pay for pain lol) But happy to hear you found it interesting! And yes, the atmosphere is so creepy & P is so gorgeous... Such a masterpiece, seriously. hmm hmm.

@knify
HK counts of course! It is such a good game! I used to play it a lot, happy to meet another fan of it c:

@SheridanCharon
Since I bought deluxe, I could play early access and you know what, it was even better than I was expected.... If you love Souls I'm pretty sure you'll also love this one! Aaaa, the aesthetics... Rough radio sound echoes in the city, the smiling puppets trying to murder me, and the puppet hunters also trying to murder me x3 Lie or Die, it seems like already good as a story game but action also felt quite unique for me. In other souls, parrying made many bosses so easier but in this one, nah, perfect guard does not solve everything, so this game felt bit more challenging. But in a good way c:

@Vardia
Yes the makers said they inspired by bloodborne a lot c: Interestingly though the game experience felt quite different! The Action felt bit more heavier and the game has less doggos, lol.

@xxneonblazexx
Nooo you're not bad or anything but souls are just weirdos of game! (Like, it's basically pay to suffer lol.) Sorry to hear that but happy to hear it somehow could interest you in lore-wise c:
@Orionis
Haha as a soulsborne fan I definitely understand it's not for everyone... (honestly we're weirdos as we pay for pain lol) But happy to hear you found it interesting! And yes, the atmosphere is so creepy & P is so gorgeous... Such a masterpiece, seriously. hmm hmm.

@knify
HK counts of course! It is such a good game! I used to play it a lot, happy to meet another fan of it c:

@SheridanCharon
Since I bought deluxe, I could play early access and you know what, it was even better than I was expected.... If you love Souls I'm pretty sure you'll also love this one! Aaaa, the aesthetics... Rough radio sound echoes in the city, the smiling puppets trying to murder me, and the puppet hunters also trying to murder me x3 Lie or Die, it seems like already good as a story game but action also felt quite unique for me. In other souls, parrying made many bosses so easier but in this one, nah, perfect guard does not solve everything, so this game felt bit more challenging. But in a good way c:

@Vardia
Yes the makers said they inspired by bloodborne a lot c: Interestingly though the game experience felt quite different! The Action felt bit more heavier and the game has less doggos, lol.

@xxneonblazexx
Nooo you're not bad or anything but souls are just weirdos of game! (Like, it's basically pay to suffer lol.) Sorry to hear that but happy to hear it somehow could interest you in lore-wise c:
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png