Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ARG The C she calls me (and V) 1v1
1 2 3
"The weaponsmith?" Eletta raised an eyebrow, looking at the girl with a newfound interest. She inspected Bobbie's appearance once more, then went back to making eye contact.

"Have ye got coin for the smith? Yer pockets are lookin' lonely." Her smile did not fall, if anything it widened. She was entertained by this conversation, Eletta had never met anybody like this.

She didn't care if her new friend had coin or not, she already ruled out that Bobbie probably had few. Eletta watched the smaller girl, interested in whether or not her suspicions were correct.

--

He blinked, a bit startled by his voice. It seemed he had been caught, pity. Mitch smiled, nervous and slightly embarrassed; he looked on the bright side, at least he could figure out a bit more from this dead man walking.

"Was I staring? My apologies, I have not yet seen somebody who matches your appearance." Mitch attempted to look friendly, not creepy. He closed his book, its usefulness gone the moment Mordecai opened his mouth.

Would a question seem inappropriate right now? Internally he sighed, would this stranger take kindly to his curiosity?

"You looked interesting, one can't help but notice your wounds and clothing."

Wow. Great job, Mitch. Make the man uncomfortable, reveal how long you've been staring at him.

Perhaps he knew the whole time? Mitch's curiosity would never be satisfied now, the man should've let him get bored of staring; now he would have to put up with his neverending questioning.
"The weaponsmith?" Eletta raised an eyebrow, looking at the girl with a newfound interest. She inspected Bobbie's appearance once more, then went back to making eye contact.

"Have ye got coin for the smith? Yer pockets are lookin' lonely." Her smile did not fall, if anything it widened. She was entertained by this conversation, Eletta had never met anybody like this.

She didn't care if her new friend had coin or not, she already ruled out that Bobbie probably had few. Eletta watched the smaller girl, interested in whether or not her suspicions were correct.

--

He blinked, a bit startled by his voice. It seemed he had been caught, pity. Mitch smiled, nervous and slightly embarrassed; he looked on the bright side, at least he could figure out a bit more from this dead man walking.

"Was I staring? My apologies, I have not yet seen somebody who matches your appearance." Mitch attempted to look friendly, not creepy. He closed his book, its usefulness gone the moment Mordecai opened his mouth.

Would a question seem inappropriate right now? Internally he sighed, would this stranger take kindly to his curiosity?

"You looked interesting, one can't help but notice your wounds and clothing."

Wow. Great job, Mitch. Make the man uncomfortable, reveal how long you've been staring at him.

Perhaps he knew the whole time? Mitch's curiosity would never be satisfied now, the man should've let him get bored of staring; now he would have to put up with his neverending questioning.
Siggy_Friend.png
(Ping me 100 times if I don’t respond tomorrow. I’ve been a lil busy)
(Ping me 100 times if I don’t respond tomorrow. I’ve been a lil busy)
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png
YOHO ME HEARTIES YOHO!
@fishtastic
YOHO ME HEARTIES YOHO!
@fishtastic
Siggy_Friend.png
AAARG YOHO YOHO

"Yer eyes wander low for a quaint lass." Bobbie raised an eyebrow. She flicked her gaze down at Eletta's shoes for a second to mimic the look she had received from the other. When her eyes locked with the woman's once more she opened her mouth again.
"I may lack coin but I have me ways!" She smiled a toothy grin and inclined her head in a mischievous pose. She did not like to lie and besides, what could anyone do to her!

What little loot she carried was with the peacekeeper. It really wasn't worth getting back. She had good enough legs on her to get what she wanted. Her worn out boots were proof of this.

-

Mordecai sighed quietly. He waved a hand over the book to assist the drying of the ink. Once it was set he tucked the logbook and the pen back into his coat. Most of the time if anyone were to be caught staring they would apologies and shy away out of embarrassment. Not this man, it appears.

He narrowed his gaze at a spot on the horizon. This stranger knew not of common curtesy. They had to have gone out of their way to point out his wounds. No one would laugh at a sailors torn limbs. He took in a breath of salty air and turned his head to fully address the stranger.

"My condolences," He started, "I'm sorry for your loss, only someone without a guardian could be as socially inept as you." He took a few steps towards them with perfect posture and his head held high enough to allow him to look down on the stranger. Mordecai placed a firm grip on his shoulder, his fingertips stained with spots of ink.
Up close his good eye was dark, troubled or soulless. The other was worse and his wounds glistened from how recent they were. His face was grim. It was obvious his words were not literal, his only intent was to harm the other.
AAARG YOHO YOHO

"Yer eyes wander low for a quaint lass." Bobbie raised an eyebrow. She flicked her gaze down at Eletta's shoes for a second to mimic the look she had received from the other. When her eyes locked with the woman's once more she opened her mouth again.
"I may lack coin but I have me ways!" She smiled a toothy grin and inclined her head in a mischievous pose. She did not like to lie and besides, what could anyone do to her!

What little loot she carried was with the peacekeeper. It really wasn't worth getting back. She had good enough legs on her to get what she wanted. Her worn out boots were proof of this.

-

Mordecai sighed quietly. He waved a hand over the book to assist the drying of the ink. Once it was set he tucked the logbook and the pen back into his coat. Most of the time if anyone were to be caught staring they would apologies and shy away out of embarrassment. Not this man, it appears.

He narrowed his gaze at a spot on the horizon. This stranger knew not of common curtesy. They had to have gone out of their way to point out his wounds. No one would laugh at a sailors torn limbs. He took in a breath of salty air and turned his head to fully address the stranger.

"My condolences," He started, "I'm sorry for your loss, only someone without a guardian could be as socially inept as you." He took a few steps towards them with perfect posture and his head held high enough to allow him to look down on the stranger. Mordecai placed a firm grip on his shoulder, his fingertips stained with spots of ink.
Up close his good eye was dark, troubled or soulless. The other was worse and his wounds glistened from how recent they were. His face was grim. It was obvious his words were not literal, his only intent was to harm the other.
1bGY4da.gif
So I was correct.
Eletta laughed, watching the sailor's antics. She would have to keep her around, this was the most fun she was having in a while.

"I wasn't aware that I exuded quaintness," She began, enjoying this back and forth, "I was certain that I appeared casual."

The emerald-eyed thief tapped her foot against the ground, full of a certain energy that could only be achieved from an amusing conversation.
"Well, shall I show ye the way?"

--

"Pardon?"

He continued his staring, even more curious than before, if that was even possible. Mitch couldn't help but smile, he hadn't expected this response; new people were interesting!

"Both of my parents are alive 'n well, though I appreciate your concern."
Mitch had to look up to reach the man's gaze, he adjusted his glasses, making sure the glare would not obstruct his view.

He didn't understand why the man had thought him to be without a guardian, he was simply asking questions he hoped to be answered; Mitch didn't find any harm in that.

He briefly looked at the man's hand, taking note of his firm grip. Mitch returned to his gaze, happy to be gathering any information. He couldn't stop his mind from wandering, would he find himself in a conflict today? Would this interaction assist in achieving his dreams?

Mitch could only hope.

@fishtastic
So I was correct.
Eletta laughed, watching the sailor's antics. She would have to keep her around, this was the most fun she was having in a while.

"I wasn't aware that I exuded quaintness," She began, enjoying this back and forth, "I was certain that I appeared casual."

The emerald-eyed thief tapped her foot against the ground, full of a certain energy that could only be achieved from an amusing conversation.
"Well, shall I show ye the way?"

--

"Pardon?"

He continued his staring, even more curious than before, if that was even possible. Mitch couldn't help but smile, he hadn't expected this response; new people were interesting!

"Both of my parents are alive 'n well, though I appreciate your concern."
Mitch had to look up to reach the man's gaze, he adjusted his glasses, making sure the glare would not obstruct his view.

He didn't understand why the man had thought him to be without a guardian, he was simply asking questions he hoped to be answered; Mitch didn't find any harm in that.

He briefly looked at the man's hand, taking note of his firm grip. Mitch returned to his gaze, happy to be gathering any information. He couldn't stop his mind from wandering, would he find himself in a conflict today? Would this interaction assist in achieving his dreams?

Mitch could only hope.

@fishtastic
Siggy_Friend.png
"Yer town, she rubs off on ye." Bobbie explained with a flowy hand gesture along with her words. There was a growing gleam to her eyes. A trust building in Eletta. A dangerous confidence that came with the feeling of familiarity.

"Aye!" She nodded excitedly and stomped towards the stranger. Her arms were held behind her back with one hand around the opposing wrist.

Standing closer now it was clear she wasn't new to the tough life one must lead on the open water. Her skin was littered with scars, blemishes, and peeling sunburn. Her clothing was similarly sun-bleached and tattered. Hanging from her belt was various accoutrements you would expect from a seafarer- a pirate even. All she was missing was the weapons that should have been nestled in now empty holsters. Her cross body satchel was also missing.

Bobbies only valuable possession was half hidden. It looked to be a necklace or pendant tucked into her shirt. All that was visible was the tarnished chain and the green tinge it left on her skin.

-

The stranger's smile was telling. Mordecai looked down his nose a the man with an unreadable yet obviously grim expression. This man was dense- unbelievably so. The sailor had previously subsisted off of nothing but hardtack and yet the biscuits would be light as fried cakes compared to this man.

Mordecai did not find anything in the shorter mans gaze. He stared ahead like a child and perhaps he was one. Overgrown but nonetheless too young for the sea. There was no sympathy for the lost child it seemed. He felt nothing but anger and disappointment that he walked the same path as someone so blatantly arrogant.

He sucked air through his teeth and when he took his hand from the strangers shoulder he let it thwack them upside the head. Not enough to hurt him. Only enough to dispel the hate welling in his chest for someone far away.

"Apologies for misreading you." Mordecai responded simply as he turned to one again lean against the railing. He had wanted to say something else. To call out the strangers idiocy or simply pick on him. He knew better than to give in to emotion. Instead he stared at a foggy landmass in the distance and gritted his teeth.
"Yer town, she rubs off on ye." Bobbie explained with a flowy hand gesture along with her words. There was a growing gleam to her eyes. A trust building in Eletta. A dangerous confidence that came with the feeling of familiarity.

"Aye!" She nodded excitedly and stomped towards the stranger. Her arms were held behind her back with one hand around the opposing wrist.

Standing closer now it was clear she wasn't new to the tough life one must lead on the open water. Her skin was littered with scars, blemishes, and peeling sunburn. Her clothing was similarly sun-bleached and tattered. Hanging from her belt was various accoutrements you would expect from a seafarer- a pirate even. All she was missing was the weapons that should have been nestled in now empty holsters. Her cross body satchel was also missing.

Bobbies only valuable possession was half hidden. It looked to be a necklace or pendant tucked into her shirt. All that was visible was the tarnished chain and the green tinge it left on her skin.

-

The stranger's smile was telling. Mordecai looked down his nose a the man with an unreadable yet obviously grim expression. This man was dense- unbelievably so. The sailor had previously subsisted off of nothing but hardtack and yet the biscuits would be light as fried cakes compared to this man.

Mordecai did not find anything in the shorter mans gaze. He stared ahead like a child and perhaps he was one. Overgrown but nonetheless too young for the sea. There was no sympathy for the lost child it seemed. He felt nothing but anger and disappointment that he walked the same path as someone so blatantly arrogant.

He sucked air through his teeth and when he took his hand from the strangers shoulder he let it thwack them upside the head. Not enough to hurt him. Only enough to dispel the hate welling in his chest for someone far away.

"Apologies for misreading you." Mordecai responded simply as he turned to one again lean against the railing. He had wanted to say something else. To call out the strangers idiocy or simply pick on him. He knew better than to give in to emotion. Instead he stared at a foggy landmass in the distance and gritted his teeth.
1bGY4da.gif
1 2 3