Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Choosing a fitting flight
I am thinking of changing the flight I am in, but I am very unsure which one to pick.

What things should I look into for consideration? Dom, community, both or something else?
I am thinking of changing the flight I am in, but I am very unsure which one to pick.

What things should I look into for consideration? Dom, community, both or something else?
depends what's important to you.
depends what's important to you.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
Oh a fellow arcanite! For me, I chose arcane after seeing the hoverview vale and I couldn't pass up a Laputa lair, but my first/second choices would be earth/wind! Tbh, your choice may depend on personal preference but for me this is important/could be important/is not important: [LIST=1] [*]Personality/attributes. Graph by usbdongle. It is not applicable to me because I don't have any XD /j [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1136317][img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/6f96acb7c17e975fe5db8c69e35c1e56/tumblr_n8knp240tL1qdybmoo2_r1_1280.jpg[/img][/url] [*]Aesthetic, banner, flight icon. I dislike the arcane flight banner, flag and aesthetic and this would be the only reason why I'd change flight. I pray that the hoverview vale banner will have a peach-colored sunset, otherwise I might need to change flight, hahahaha XD [*]Lore. Main motivator to me. No thought, only flying lair cool yay. Honestly: my dragon vibe/style/background is all over the place, which is also something that suits arcane well, but I like placing my dragons in a world to give them long term value. Makes me like my dragons consistently ^^ [*]Play style. See xiq's post for more information: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2816448/1 My own interpretation (disclaimer: based on friends, joking tone, don't take this seriously) [LIST] [*]Dom/ I am too old/ I feel old? -> earth. [*]Do you like scifi, coding, coding bios or spreadsheets? -> lightning. [*]Goth/emo/glitch style or angsty lore? -> shadow. [*](future) Doctor/heck I like (post) apocalypse lore/Lovecraft is cool but not because of the angst/chronic pain/??? -> plague. [*]Look at this cool obscure animal I'm obsessed with atm/ avatar (blue people) fanclub/ likes mermaids. -> water. [*]Plant lover/ Just really likes the hobbit vibe/ vegetarians/ vegans/ treehouse appreciator -> nature. [*]Loves christmas and hot chocolate with marshmellows/ GoT fan, specifically fond of the Starks/ active breeding lair with a lot of pastels -> ice. [*]Friend shaped person seeking to hang out with friend shaped person/ Too many hobbies and always doing 100 things at once while streaming art stuff/ loves anime and would like to visit Japan, but has no plans ready yet/ why is there no emoji for when chill vibes and anxious vibes intersect -> wind. [*]Also, check out my reading list/ Has entertained ideas of an elf-adjacent oc that is friends with Legolas or likes Good Omens or has called themselves a Ravenclaw/ bright person/ interested in either history or real crime/ uses quotes -> Light [*]Likes to fix things/ cooks/ bakes/ here to chill/ cozy vibes/ centered/ just likes burning things -> fire [*]Expansive pastel lair with Umas and art shops? -> Any flight can fit. [*]Playing 500 games at once, only checking in once in a while -> Any flight. [*]Idk what I am doing/haha cool magic? -> arcane. (Aka, me.) [/LIST] [*]Discord community. Which is usually already amazing but you might like dom more when you can work together/fight against with your friends! I'd ask to be included in the flight discord for a week or month to get a feel for it if you're active on Discord. [*]Breeding. Personally, I don't breed. (Amm entirely lineage/breeding illiterate because I also keep a g1 lair XD) Therefore I don't care abt eye color but yeah you might really like plague or earth eyes with a hatchery and it would save treasures in the long run if you move your lair in that case. [*]Actual important info, a lot outdated: 2021 guide: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2517049#post_2517049 2016 guide: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1649564#post_1649564 [/LIST]
Oh a fellow arcanite!

For me, I chose arcane after seeing the hoverview vale and I couldn't pass up a Laputa lair, but my first/second choices would be earth/wind!

Tbh, your choice may depend on personal preference but for me this is important/could be important/is not important:
  1. Personality/attributes.
    Graph by usbdongle.
    It is not applicable to me because I don't have any XD /j
    tumblr_n8knp240tL1qdybmoo2_r1_1280.jpg
  2. Aesthetic, banner, flight icon.
    I dislike the arcane flight banner, flag and aesthetic and this would be the only reason why I'd change flight. I pray that the hoverview vale banner will have a peach-colored sunset, otherwise I might need to change flight, hahahaha XD
  3. Lore.
    Main motivator to me. No thought, only flying lair cool yay.
    Honestly: my dragon vibe/style/background is all over the place, which is also something that suits arcane well, but I like placing my dragons in a world to give them long term value. Makes me like my dragons consistently ^^
  4. Play style.
    See xiq's post for more information:
    https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2816448/1

My own interpretation
    (disclaimer: based on friends, joking tone, don't take this seriously)
    • Dom/ I am too old/ I feel old? -> earth.
    • Do you like scifi, coding, coding bios or spreadsheets? -> lightning.
    • Goth/emo/glitch style or angsty lore? -> shadow.
    • (future) Doctor/heck I like (post) apocalypse lore/Lovecraft is cool but not because of the angst/chronic pain/??? -> plague.
    • Look at this cool obscure animal I'm obsessed with atm/ avatar (blue people) fanclub/ likes mermaids. -> water.
    • Plant lover/ Just really likes the hobbit vibe/ vegetarians/ vegans/ treehouse appreciator -> nature.
    • Loves christmas and hot chocolate with marshmellows/ GoT fan, specifically fond of the Starks/ active breeding lair with a lot of pastels -> ice.
    • Friend shaped person seeking to hang out with friend shaped person/ Too many hobbies and always doing 100 things at once while streaming art stuff/ loves anime and would like to visit Japan, but has no plans ready yet/ why is there no emoji for when chill vibes and anxious vibes intersect -> wind.
    • Also, check out my reading list/ Has entertained ideas of an elf-adjacent oc that is friends with Legolas or likes Good Omens or has called themselves a Ravenclaw/ bright person/ interested in either history or real crime/ uses quotes -> Light
    • Likes to fix things/ cooks/ bakes/ here to chill/ cozy vibes/ centered/ just likes burning things -> fire
    • Expansive pastel lair with Umas and art shops? -> Any flight can fit.
    • Playing 500 games at once, only checking in once in a while -> Any flight.
    • Idk what I am doing/haha cool magic? -> arcane. (Aka, me.)
  5. Discord community.
    Which is usually already amazing but you might like dom more when you can work together/fight against with your friends!
    I'd ask to be included in the flight discord for a week or month to get a feel for it if you're active on Discord.
  6. Breeding.
    Personally, I don't breed. (Amm entirely lineage/breeding illiterate because I also keep a g1 lair XD) Therefore I don't care abt eye color but yeah you might really like plague or earth eyes with a hatchery and it would save treasures in the long run if you move your lair in that case.
  7. Actual important info, a lot outdated:
    2021 guide:
    https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2517049#post_2517049
    2016 guide:
    https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1649564#post_1649564
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It really just comes down to personal preference. Im a Shadowling, and I’m gonna stay that way for the foreseeable future. I like the vibes, and the Discord is chill. We’re the most disadvantaged in dom, but the dom organizers here are great!
It really just comes down to personal preference. Im a Shadowling, and I’m gonna stay that way for the foreseeable future. I like the vibes, and the Discord is chill. We’re the most disadvantaged in dom, but the dom organizers here are great!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lTwcTPe.png
Zazz
cQS6PnX.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
yZFrBUC.png
mlHpBMC.png
d9YLPfe.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
x7lrvvy.png
Much like the others, it definitely depends on personal preference.

I think an important factor other than dom, community among other things, is definitely eyes! If you're going to be breeding dragons going with a selection of eyes you like regardless of the colour of the dragon itself definitely weighs in on your decision.

If you're looking for neutral eye colours, I'd say Earth, Wind, Light and Ice are your best picks! However, if you're looking for something a bit more bold and out there definitely consider Plague, Nature, Lightning and honestly the other flights in general.

I guess choosing a flight whose festival takes place in your birth month also factors in - it makes your choice a bit more special and festivals feel a bit more personal. Although, if you were born in december, it doesn't matter, since there are no flight festivals.
Much like the others, it definitely depends on personal preference.

I think an important factor other than dom, community among other things, is definitely eyes! If you're going to be breeding dragons going with a selection of eyes you like regardless of the colour of the dragon itself definitely weighs in on your decision.

If you're looking for neutral eye colours, I'd say Earth, Wind, Light and Ice are your best picks! However, if you're looking for something a bit more bold and out there definitely consider Plague, Nature, Lightning and honestly the other flights in general.

I guess choosing a flight whose festival takes place in your birth month also factors in - it makes your choice a bit more special and festivals feel a bit more personal. Although, if you were born in december, it doesn't matter, since there are no flight festivals.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
for me, it was the deity that i vibed the most with (who happened to be the gay, neurodivergent icon we know as the Arcanist!)
for me, it was the deity that i vibed the most with (who happened to be the gay, neurodivergent icon we know as the Arcanist!)
-ruite
she/her
hatchery
comms
It honestly depends on your personal preferences and which elements seems more cool or fitting to you. If you want to focus on Domination, choose a Flight that has a small but active community, like Earth. For communities, look for active ones that are friendly and share your interests.
It honestly depends on your personal preferences and which elements seems more cool or fitting to you. If you want to focus on Domination, choose a Flight that has a small but active community, like Earth. For communities, look for active ones that are friendly and share your interests.
Thank you all for helping me out, I am currently thinking things over, but I will look on any pros and cons in my brainstorm
Thank you all for helping me out, I am currently thinking things over, but I will look on any pros and cons in my brainstorm
allow me to hype up my own flight... [emoji=guardian tongue size=1] [emoji=water rune size=1] water is a very relaxed flight with a strong dom presence, we often rank just behind earth in terms of how often we secure a spot each week. our discord server is active but chill, and for a small flight, our forums are fairly active! :) our banner options are gorgeous, and you can choose between displaying a calm beach scene on your profile/lair or a stunning underwater scene! seeing as you're coming from arcane, the transition into water (if you choose to do so [emoji=undertide winking size=1]) would be pretty smooth. lore-wise, our flights are somewhat similar, with a focus on prophecy, magic, and mysticism. i like to think of arcane as slightly more hyperactive and water as slightly more laid-back!
allow me to hype up my own flight...

water is a very relaxed flight with a strong dom presence, we often rank just behind earth in terms of how often we secure a spot each week. our discord server is active but chill, and for a small flight, our forums are fairly active! :) our banner options are gorgeous, and you can choose between displaying a calm beach scene on your profile/lair or a stunning underwater scene!

seeing as you're coming from arcane, the transition into water (if you choose to do so ) would be pretty smooth. lore-wise, our flights are somewhat similar, with a focus on prophecy, magic, and mysticism. i like to think of arcane as slightly more hyperactive and water as slightly more laid-back!
a screenshot of a youtube comment dated ten years ago from Povilas Šorys. the comment says, 'why he has to squeak and mewl while singing? I hate radiohead'
When I was new, dom and community was more important to me and I spent a few flight changes seeking it. I burned out, I mostly keep to myself anymore and I only self-exalt for profit, so aesthetic is more important to me and I went with Ice in 2020 because of the neutral eye color and my love of boreal forests, auroras and hygge. I am probably here to stay.

I've been in five different flights. Sometimes our playstyle and needs change and that's OK!
When I was new, dom and community was more important to me and I spent a few flight changes seeking it. I burned out, I mostly keep to myself anymore and I only self-exalt for profit, so aesthetic is more important to me and I went with Ice in 2020 because of the neutral eye color and my love of boreal forests, auroras and hygge. I am probably here to stay.

I've been in five different flights. Sometimes our playstyle and needs change and that's OK!
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments