Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Glass & Gloss' Genuine Genes
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 41 42
Fun! David Errigo Junior voice when he’s voicing Gustave from SMT 5 pops into my head after reading that dialogue, and I cannot unhear it now. XD
Fun! David Errigo Junior voice when he’s voicing Gustave from SMT 5 pops into my head after reading that dialogue, and I cannot unhear it now. XD
I know it's only a few genes at the moment that are present across all ancients (Cinder, Blaze, Fade, Blend, Sparkle, and Underbelly) but I think (I'm hoping) at one point there should be a consolidation of these genes (and any in the future) that are just under "ancient".

Example:
Primary Gene: Cinder (Ancient)
Secondary Gene: Blaze (Ancient)
Primary Gene: Fade (Ancient)
Secondary Gene: Blend (Ancient)
Tertiary Gene: Sparkle (Ancient)
Tertiary Gene: Underbelly (Ancient)

Maybe add more of the modern ports to the remaining ancients (there's a few of them that are on 6/7 ancients currently: Bar/Daub and Carnivore not on Sandsurge, and Stained not on aberrations)

I understand that there's still four ancients left to be released and what I'm asking for will probably happen when they're all out but for now, what you said about gene bloat is real and it's incredibly overwhelming and this is a potential solution to that. Of course the exclusive genes can be kept exclusive but considering there's a max of four to six exclusive genes (like polyphore, sailfish, mop, gnarlhorns, etc) to each ancient and there's somewhere around 30 genes total to them? Yeah I think my solution is pretty good to fixing that.
I know it's only a few genes at the moment that are present across all ancients (Cinder, Blaze, Fade, Blend, Sparkle, and Underbelly) but I think (I'm hoping) at one point there should be a consolidation of these genes (and any in the future) that are just under "ancient".

Example:
Primary Gene: Cinder (Ancient)
Secondary Gene: Blaze (Ancient)
Primary Gene: Fade (Ancient)
Secondary Gene: Blend (Ancient)
Tertiary Gene: Sparkle (Ancient)
Tertiary Gene: Underbelly (Ancient)

Maybe add more of the modern ports to the remaining ancients (there's a few of them that are on 6/7 ancients currently: Bar/Daub and Carnivore not on Sandsurge, and Stained not on aberrations)

I understand that there's still four ancients left to be released and what I'm asking for will probably happen when they're all out but for now, what you said about gene bloat is real and it's incredibly overwhelming and this is a potential solution to that. Of course the exclusive genes can be kept exclusive but considering there's a max of four to six exclusive genes (like polyphore, sailfish, mop, gnarlhorns, etc) to each ancient and there's somewhere around 30 genes total to them? Yeah I think my solution is pretty good to fixing that.
gs8As9u.png
this is sick as!!! Love the look of the new shopkeep - isn't this our first ancient npc?
this is sick as!!! Love the look of the new shopkeep - isn't this our first ancient npc?
Y3NRNkA.png
shadowbinder.png
Looking to reach 50 likes on Drosero! ^^ ->

If you want a hatchling from any of my dragons just ask! ^^
77056706.png
vtfvo0z.png
Ohhh they look so cool
Ohhh they look so cool
I LOVE THIS NPC DESIGN SO MUCH HOLY HECK!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE THIS NPC DESIGN SO MUCH HOLY HECK!!!!!!!!!
ancient dragon as a worker yippee
ancient dragon as a worker yippee
QFXpYkj.png
[quote name="Undel" date="2023-08-18 19:04:01" ] [quote name="Lunalatic" date="2023-08-17 13:17:29" ] Important question: pronouns for Glass and Gloss? [/quote] Glass and Gloss use they/them pronouns in the plural sense, and in the nonbinary sense. [/quote] WOOHOOOOOO <3
Undel wrote on 2023-08-18 19:04:01:
Lunalatic wrote on 2023-08-17 13:17:29:
Important question: pronouns for Glass and Gloss?

Glass and Gloss use they/them pronouns in the plural sense, and in the nonbinary sense.
WOOHOOOOOO <3
Trading in genes is very fun!
Trading in genes is very fun!
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
The new npc looks so cool!
The new npc looks so cool!
rBM002b.gifBcnmqQk.gifr6aND2D.png9aVxwZo.pngKOTMkxd.pnguCEnQTB.gifUTxhrgi.gif
Loving these changes. And the drop rates for gene-related trade/brewing items are majorly appreciated.

Gonna be liking Coli even more now!
Loving these changes. And the drop rates for gene-related trade/brewing items are majorly appreciated.

Gonna be liking Coli even more now!
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 41 42