Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ancient breeds you wish were modern?
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="CosmicCoyote" date="2023-08-18 04:17:53" ] I'm gonna go the opposite direction - I wish there were special ancient clothes. I know that might add to more bloat, and the genes are bad enough, but we have an ancient genes shop - what about an ancient tailor? That way people who like outfits could have a handful of clothes to put on their ancients but it wouldn't defeat the point of having ancients in the first place for the artists needing to make a version of every single apparel item for every ancient (which would mean less exciting new dragon releases [emoji=aether sad size=1]) And it could open the door for apparel designed specifically for various ancients! Apparel that's not just built [i]around[/i] an ancient dragon's specific attributes (the hair, the legs, the two heads, etc), but is fully built with them in mind! Super quick special apparel releases because they only need to draw art for two poses! (Or two poses with minor variations for line-breaking genes, if that could be coded for). And we'd get to keep our line-breaking genes too! [s]Also I just really want a tailor shop and a tailor npc, please staff it'd be so cool...[/s] [/quote] i agree! for example, in neopets you can't dress up a certain color (maraquan) the same way you can other colors, but they worked around that by making specific items for them. more simple things could work
CosmicCoyote wrote on 2023-08-18 04:17:53:
I'm gonna go the opposite direction - I wish there were special ancient clothes. I know that might add to more bloat, and the genes are bad enough, but we have an ancient genes shop - what about an ancient tailor? That way people who like outfits could have a handful of clothes to put on their ancients but it wouldn't defeat the point of having ancients in the first place for the artists needing to make a version of every single apparel item for every ancient (which would mean less exciting new dragon releases ) And it could open the door for apparel designed specifically for various ancients! Apparel that's not just built around an ancient dragon's specific attributes (the hair, the legs, the two heads, etc), but is fully built with them in mind! Super quick special apparel releases because they only need to draw art for two poses! (Or two poses with minor variations for line-breaking genes, if that could be coded for). And we'd get to keep our line-breaking genes too!

Also I just really want a tailor shop and a tailor npc, please staff it'd be so cool...
i agree! for example, in neopets you can't dress up a certain color (maraquan) the same way you can other colors, but they worked around that by making specific items for them. more simple things could work
Rhi02Tb.gif
XNwsqaL.png
art by sheasun on dA
[quote name="DoubleO" date="2023-08-17 19:07:15" ] I wish all moderns were ancients so I can put Carnivore on them, and give Pearlcatchers an infinite amount of pearls (without using apparel, I'm aware there are some items that give the illusion of having an extra pearl). edit: yes I understood the question, I just like spinning it around in reverse. [/quote] You win. All dragons should get awesome gnarly teeth and I die a little inside every day sandsurges don't get it :/ On topic I think gaolers because it would be funny to see them hold things with the "wing" instead of their hands
DoubleO wrote on 2023-08-17 19:07:15:
I wish all moderns were ancients so I can put Carnivore on them, and give Pearlcatchers an infinite amount of pearls (without using apparel, I'm aware there are some items that give the illusion of having an extra pearl).

edit: yes I understood the question, I just like spinning it around in reverse.
You win. All dragons should get awesome gnarly teeth and I die a little inside every day sandsurges don't get it :/

On topic I think gaolers because it would be funny to see them hold things with the "wing" instead of their hands
kXpNHpy.pngplagueshieldr.png99zjGkK.pngzSvfhTP.pngshadowshieldl.pngK3S42IV.png
Aethers need to wear hats...
Aethers need to wear hats...
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
i want my sandies to have flowerfalls so bad its hurting </3 they look so naked
i want my sandies to have flowerfalls so bad its hurting </3 they look so naked
nF6vUTl.gif
Monolair lol
From a more practical standpoint, Veils would probably be the easiest to convert to a Modern. Yes, they have the line breaking terts, but they also do follow the “four legs and two wings and one head” formula. They feel a lot more modern than other ancients.

From a more practical standpoint, Veils would probably be the easiest to convert to a Modern. Yes, they have the line breaking terts, but they also do follow the “four legs and two wings and one head” formula. They feel a lot more modern than other ancients.

79659922.png come appreciate booger
he is the dragon of all time
J7D1quC.png
lAvpyOQ.pngxgrjPS4.png
i collect ghostly auras! Ghostly Aura
[quote name="CosmicCoyote" date="2023-08-18 04:17:53" ] I'm gonna go the opposite direction - I wish there were special ancient clothes. I know that might add to more bloat, and the genes are bad enough, but we have an ancient genes shop - what about an ancient tailor? That way people who like outfits could have a handful of clothes to put on their ancients but it wouldn't defeat the point of having ancients in the first place for the artists needing to make a version of every single apparel item for every ancient (which would mean less exciting new dragon releases [emoji=aether sad size=1]) And it could open the door for apparel designed specifically for various ancients! Apparel that's not just built [i]around[/i] an ancient dragon's specific attributes (the hair, the legs, the two heads, etc), but is fully built with them in mind! Super quick special apparel releases because they only need to draw art for two poses! (Or two poses with minor variations for line-breaking genes, if that could be coded for). And we'd get to keep our line-breaking genes too! [s]Also I just really want a tailor shop and a tailor npc, please staff it'd be so cool...[/s] [/quote] I think this would encounter the same problem as the ancient vs. Modern gene clutter, no? I do love the idea and think about it regularly, but then I remember why they're reworking the current ancient gene and modern gene system to be more easy to organize and work with hghfgfd. I think though, this could definitely be a feasible feature within the far future. I will say, i wish we could put things on our banescales and aethers x.x I want to dress my BABIES!! I love UMA, but they're so specific! And I think banescales really need some extra flair!
CosmicCoyote wrote on 2023-08-18 04:17:53:
I'm gonna go the opposite direction - I wish there were special ancient clothes. I know that might add to more bloat, and the genes are bad enough, but we have an ancient genes shop - what about an ancient tailor? That way people who like outfits could have a handful of clothes to put on their ancients but it wouldn't defeat the point of having ancients in the first place for the artists needing to make a version of every single apparel item for every ancient (which would mean less exciting new dragon releases ) And it could open the door for apparel designed specifically for various ancients! Apparel that's not just built around an ancient dragon's specific attributes (the hair, the legs, the two heads, etc), but is fully built with them in mind! Super quick special apparel releases because they only need to draw art for two poses! (Or two poses with minor variations for line-breaking genes, if that could be coded for). And we'd get to keep our line-breaking genes too!

Also I just really want a tailor shop and a tailor npc, please staff it'd be so cool...

I think this would encounter the same problem as the ancient vs. Modern gene clutter, no? I do love the idea and think about it regularly, but then I remember why they're reworking the current ancient gene and modern gene system to be more easy to organize and work with hghfgfd. I think though, this could definitely be a feasible feature within the far future.

I will say, i wish we could put things on our banescales and aethers x.x I want to dress my BABIES!! I love UMA, but they're so specific! And I think banescales really need some extra flair!
In space, nobody can hear you scream. BvLIk2K.gif
It's not so much that I want the breeds to be Modern as much as I have fandragons and would like to be able to dress them. I have a Gaoler Absol and an Aether Waspinator.
It's not so much that I want the breeds to be Modern as much as I have fandragons and would like to be able to dress them. I have a Gaoler Absol and an Aether Waspinator.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
Aethers maybe, as much as I'd miss their line breaking genes like Space, and Mandibles. I'd love to dress them, give them genes like Koi, Firebreather, Ghost, and Opal. Also Cinder/Blaze is a modern gene now so I won't miss out on that.
And I think they'd be super fun to dress.

I'd LOVE to dress a pretty Aether up in the Eerie Cyan set from NotN.
Aethers maybe, as much as I'd miss their line breaking genes like Space, and Mandibles. I'd love to dress them, give them genes like Koi, Firebreather, Ghost, and Opal. Also Cinder/Blaze is a modern gene now so I won't miss out on that.
And I think they'd be super fun to dress.

I'd LOVE to dress a pretty Aether up in the Eerie Cyan set from NotN.
Wishlist
G1s for Sale
Fandragons
Free Vistas
AbPMzoC.png
gaolersssss, they still follow the standard limb-wing ratio and everything lemme put silly outfits on them without having to shell out for UMAs ;w;
gaolersssss, they still follow the standard limb-wing ratio and everything lemme put silly outfits on them without having to shell out for UMAs ;w;
Every. Single. One.

I wouldn't mind Banes and Undie just not getting socks or Abbers having a built-in "Left head - right head - both heads" hats minigame.
Every. Single. One.

I wouldn't mind Banes and Undie just not getting socks or Abbers having a built-in "Left head - right head - both heads" hats minigame.
1 2 3 4 5