Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Triskele Hub - MOVED! NEW THREAD LINKS!
1 2 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143
@Alithium8 First off- your idea for the google form feedback/review was EXACTLY what I was thinking of, so I'm glad there's other folks on the same wavelength! [quote]My suggestion to this is that on top of the 5kt fee (would add the option for gems!), there could be a requirement of 30 food points sent with each pair to cover the total duration of their stay, or an extra fee of 1500t if no food is sent (fictive number, I just took the current LAH price for a stack of 20 fp which is 1350t and rounded it up). Any feedback on this?[/quote] Fully support this. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has thought about setting limits- I wasn't sure how we were handling that kind of policy, so I... admittedly have ignored some of our more... prolific renters because I didn't want to come across as a jerk by saying "You have too many pairs, I will only take 2 of them." (The one time I told a renter I needed their pair to be fed or sent with food, I KNOW I was in the right, but I still felt like a jerk OTL)
@Alithium8

First off- your idea for the google form feedback/review was EXACTLY what I was thinking of, so I'm glad there's other folks on the same wavelength!
Quote:
My suggestion to this is that on top of the 5kt fee (would add the option for gems!), there could be a requirement of 30 food points sent with each pair to cover the total duration of their stay, or an extra fee of 1500t if no food is sent (fictive number, I just took the current LAH price for a stack of 20 fp which is 1350t and rounded it up). Any feedback on this?

Fully support this.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has thought about setting limits- I wasn't sure how we were handling that kind of policy, so I... admittedly have ignored some of our more... prolific renters because I didn't want to come across as a jerk by saying "You have too many pairs, I will only take 2 of them."

(The one time I told a renter I needed their pair to be fed or sent with food, I KNOW I was in the right, but I still felt like a jerk OTL)
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png

I really like the addition of the Google form for reviews! Simple and straightforward with clear responses would be much easier to see than a written review where there may be more space for drama to develop for one reason or another.

I am also definitely in agreement that number of nests needed should be required in the request for nests! I have on occasion had a miscommunication where I've seen a post without a number needed and said I can take just one of the nests, then had someone send me multiple pairs(I'm guessing they looked at my open nests and decided to send two because that's what they saw i had open and just assumed). Thankfully it wasn't a huge inconvenience and I was able to rearrange and take the other pair as well, but definitely something to be mindful of!

I really like the addition of the Google form for reviews! Simple and straightforward with clear responses would be much easier to see than a written review where there may be more space for drama to develop for one reason or another.

I am also definitely in agreement that number of nests needed should be required in the request for nests! I have on occasion had a miscommunication where I've seen a post without a number needed and said I can take just one of the nests, then had someone send me multiple pairs(I'm guessing they looked at my open nests and decided to send two because that's what they saw i had open and just assumed). Thankfully it wasn't a huge inconvenience and I was able to rearrange and take the other pair as well, but definitely something to be mindful of!
pMtUQj4.png
For anyone who'd like to see proof of progress, I'm currently editing the new thread here! I am doing it slowly, step by step so I ensure I transfer my coding properly and don't lose anything. Once this is set-up, I'll move on to a new Hub as well. At the moment, I am changing very little about format and rules, as just getting these threads moved is the priority. I am not moving ahead on anything we've been discussing without including y'all!

Ideally what will happen is that tomorrow, Armor will edit the pinglists, and I will ask LithoLab to make a final post in both the current nesting thread and the current hub with redirects to the new posts before closing them.

Armor and I will be going back carefully to make sure we have gotten any flight changes, username changes, and new nesters. Please do not stress if you don't appear on the pinglist right away, it may be a multi-step process to make sure we got everyone! If the new threads are up for a couple of days and you don't appear, then please reach out.

The current discussions happening will not be lost, I'd like to start the new Hub by summarizing everything brought up here. Switching threads is the most important priority right now! Everything else we are currently discussing can be easily added in whenever we'd like.
For anyone who'd like to see proof of progress, I'm currently editing the new thread here! I am doing it slowly, step by step so I ensure I transfer my coding properly and don't lose anything. Once this is set-up, I'll move on to a new Hub as well. At the moment, I am changing very little about format and rules, as just getting these threads moved is the priority. I am not moving ahead on anything we've been discussing without including y'all!

Ideally what will happen is that tomorrow, Armor will edit the pinglists, and I will ask LithoLab to make a final post in both the current nesting thread and the current hub with redirects to the new posts before closing them.

Armor and I will be going back carefully to make sure we have gotten any flight changes, username changes, and new nesters. Please do not stress if you don't appear on the pinglist right away, it may be a multi-step process to make sure we got everyone! If the new threads are up for a couple of days and you don't appear, then please reach out.

The current discussions happening will not be lost, I'd like to start the new Hub by summarizing everything brought up here. Switching threads is the most important priority right now! Everything else we are currently discussing can be easily added in whenever we'd like.
If I haven't answered your ping for a fire nest yet, I am working through a backlog!
@LucisAbsentia looks like good progress on the new thread! Good luck my friend. :]

I shall PM you my Discord ID now. <3
@LucisAbsentia looks like good progress on the new thread! Good luck my friend. :]

I shall PM you my Discord ID now. <3
void_adopts_2.png
^ Free Dragon Adopts ^
Free Raffle Ends 11/19

void_market.png
^ 3 XXY/XYX/XYY | 2 XXX^
Paused

nova_void.png
^ 3 Sandsurges Raffle ^
Ends 11/19
I am loving all this discussion, and I find myself agreeing with so many of you that I will not ping anyone, just adding my own (albeit somewhat late) thoughts and agreements!

A Discord sounds like a wonderful idea for us and not the public, as I agree with so many others in here... public servers take a lot of time to moderate and I do not in any shape or form want a slippery slope begin to form where people start to request nests off site or where vital information starts to be shared in Discord but not on FR. Looking forward to see what LuciusAbsentia and AVoidEndlessly come up with in the coming days!

The new thread is looking great so far and I appreciate you taking your time with it, it's better that it takes time than something getting missed.

An opt-in pinglist for fodder breeders sounds amazing, and I don't count hatcheries in with that... half of my regular renters seem to run hatcheries in some form or another, and a lot of project pairs are for hatcheries; so far I have not had any issues with people requesting too many nests for that. I will admit I tend to ignore nest requests for fodder since Water has had so few active nesters (loving all the new names on the latest pinglist!), so a separate pinglist seems like the ideal solution... as for people requesting multiple nests, I think it's better for each nester to determine how many they'll pick up rather than a steep increment in fees per additional nest as that just sounds overly complicated... but food being required to send along for multiple nests does sound like a good compromise.

A completely voluntary Google Form for reviews sounds like the best system, and I love the mockup that Alithium8 presented! I agree that FR has had its fair share of people getting nasty in public spreadsheets over the years, so your idea of a protected sheet filled with the survey results and as few write-in options as possible sounds perfect! Reviews should not be mandatory in any form as that would just serve as a deterrent, especially for regular renters, and I agree that Triskele has enough of a good reputation that reviews should really just be icing on the cake.

I also agree with many others in here that elemental leaders may sound good in practice, but a larger number of admins/co-hosts is the better way to go, and I've agreed with all the names offered up so far - you will all do great! We do need to be better about rooting out inactive nesters, but we first need to determine just where we draw the limit. I can only speak from experience as part of one of the smaller flights, but seeing the same names get pinged over and over and never seeing them reply is a bit demoralising, but I also understand that real life needs to come before a dragon game. This is not as pressing of an issue as getting the thread transfer right, so we'll have plenty of time to agree on where to draw the line of inactivity in nesters.

All in all, I love how this thread has come alive with all this great discussion, and I trust in ArmorWondrous and LuciusAbsentia to make the transition as smooth as possible. And a big thanks to LithoLab for keeping the old thread running for this long!
I am loving all this discussion, and I find myself agreeing with so many of you that I will not ping anyone, just adding my own (albeit somewhat late) thoughts and agreements!

A Discord sounds like a wonderful idea for us and not the public, as I agree with so many others in here... public servers take a lot of time to moderate and I do not in any shape or form want a slippery slope begin to form where people start to request nests off site or where vital information starts to be shared in Discord but not on FR. Looking forward to see what LuciusAbsentia and AVoidEndlessly come up with in the coming days!

The new thread is looking great so far and I appreciate you taking your time with it, it's better that it takes time than something getting missed.

An opt-in pinglist for fodder breeders sounds amazing, and I don't count hatcheries in with that... half of my regular renters seem to run hatcheries in some form or another, and a lot of project pairs are for hatcheries; so far I have not had any issues with people requesting too many nests for that. I will admit I tend to ignore nest requests for fodder since Water has had so few active nesters (loving all the new names on the latest pinglist!), so a separate pinglist seems like the ideal solution... as for people requesting multiple nests, I think it's better for each nester to determine how many they'll pick up rather than a steep increment in fees per additional nest as that just sounds overly complicated... but food being required to send along for multiple nests does sound like a good compromise.

A completely voluntary Google Form for reviews sounds like the best system, and I love the mockup that Alithium8 presented! I agree that FR has had its fair share of people getting nasty in public spreadsheets over the years, so your idea of a protected sheet filled with the survey results and as few write-in options as possible sounds perfect! Reviews should not be mandatory in any form as that would just serve as a deterrent, especially for regular renters, and I agree that Triskele has enough of a good reputation that reviews should really just be icing on the cake.

I also agree with many others in here that elemental leaders may sound good in practice, but a larger number of admins/co-hosts is the better way to go, and I've agreed with all the names offered up so far - you will all do great! We do need to be better about rooting out inactive nesters, but we first need to determine just where we draw the limit. I can only speak from experience as part of one of the smaller flights, but seeing the same names get pinged over and over and never seeing them reply is a bit demoralising, but I also understand that real life needs to come before a dragon game. This is not as pressing of an issue as getting the thread transfer right, so we'll have plenty of time to agree on where to draw the line of inactivity in nesters.

All in all, I love how this thread has come alive with all this great discussion, and I trust in ArmorWondrous and LuciusAbsentia to make the transition as smooth as possible. And a big thanks to LithoLab for keeping the old thread running for this long!
I am collecting familiars. She/Her. FR+9

boIu4p9.png
Hello, anyone reading along! For the record, the new threads are functional and ready to be used! There are some cosmetic tweaks I need to make, and some summaries to add to the new hub, but I will be doing that this weekend. The next step we will be taking is @Litholab will be posting redirect links on the old threads and asking moderators to please close those ones. Then we're good to go!

Also, thanks everyone for trusting Armor and I! Armor has been here for a while, and I've been nesting with Triskele since early 2015 and have been through multiple host transitions (I actually think we're on the 5th thread now). We both have a lot of ideas and a lot of love for Triskele and are happy to keep it going!
Hello, anyone reading along! For the record, the new threads are functional and ready to be used! There are some cosmetic tweaks I need to make, and some summaries to add to the new hub, but I will be doing that this weekend. The next step we will be taking is @Litholab will be posting redirect links on the old threads and asking moderators to please close those ones. Then we're good to go!

Also, thanks everyone for trusting Armor and I! Armor has been here for a while, and I've been nesting with Triskele since early 2015 and have been through multiple host transitions (I actually think we're on the 5th thread now). We both have a lot of ideas and a lot of love for Triskele and are happy to keep it going!
If I haven't answered your ping for a fire nest yet, I am working through a backlog!
Final comments before this gets wrapped up!

I think a discord is a great idea! It was something I wished to implement ages ago and was reluctant to do so since I didn't want to make it mandatory, but also didn't wish to exclude forum-only players. I can see it being a great addition to the player-to-player communication on the staff end of things as well as to the overall longevity of the group!
Discord could definitely be successful for things like push-notifications on updates/reminders, for better and more rapid communication between nesters, and even for simple things like small questions. Though it's something I think would do better as staff only rather than being open to customers (as that dips into public server territory and then requires things like finding moderators to overlook everything)

Nest/renting limits/cost + fodder renters - goodness where do I start?
Having a separate pinglist for fodder renters sounds like a weight off many of our nester's shoulders. Too many times can I recount myself telling nesters that they didn't haaave to take every ping request they get, especially if someone is requesting a fodder nest. Never knew quite how to set a policy for this without ostracizing one group over the other with some customers renting exclusively for fodder (and in large numbers too) while others just have large projects.

A limit on how many nests you can rent at a time feels like a feasible and reasonable thing to set up (rather than additional costs). It presents a good but accommodating middle ground for customers that rent in large numbers, but aren't using dragons for fodder, without the confusion of additional fees.

Reviews!
I love this idea! Not much to say on it, but I liked the talk of optional review forms and the view-only public sheet with responses. I know another rentals thread/group does mandatory reviews and that feels tedious for both customers and staff.

Elemental Admins
Not much to say here either except that it's something I believe sounds better in theory. Having run the group for well over a couple years now, it's hard enough to wrangle communication from individual nesters, let alone a "representative" of the element as a whole.

Best of luck with everything! I'm glad to be passing on this group to folks I trust and who've been around since Triskele's most recent revival <3
Final comments before this gets wrapped up!

I think a discord is a great idea! It was something I wished to implement ages ago and was reluctant to do so since I didn't want to make it mandatory, but also didn't wish to exclude forum-only players. I can see it being a great addition to the player-to-player communication on the staff end of things as well as to the overall longevity of the group!
Discord could definitely be successful for things like push-notifications on updates/reminders, for better and more rapid communication between nesters, and even for simple things like small questions. Though it's something I think would do better as staff only rather than being open to customers (as that dips into public server territory and then requires things like finding moderators to overlook everything)

Nest/renting limits/cost + fodder renters - goodness where do I start?
Having a separate pinglist for fodder renters sounds like a weight off many of our nester's shoulders. Too many times can I recount myself telling nesters that they didn't haaave to take every ping request they get, especially if someone is requesting a fodder nest. Never knew quite how to set a policy for this without ostracizing one group over the other with some customers renting exclusively for fodder (and in large numbers too) while others just have large projects.

A limit on how many nests you can rent at a time feels like a feasible and reasonable thing to set up (rather than additional costs). It presents a good but accommodating middle ground for customers that rent in large numbers, but aren't using dragons for fodder, without the confusion of additional fees.

Reviews!
I love this idea! Not much to say on it, but I liked the talk of optional review forms and the view-only public sheet with responses. I know another rentals thread/group does mandatory reviews and that feels tedious for both customers and staff.

Elemental Admins
Not much to say here either except that it's something I believe sounds better in theory. Having run the group for well over a couple years now, it's hard enough to wrangle communication from individual nesters, let alone a "representative" of the element as a whole.

Best of luck with everything! I'm glad to be passing on this group to folks I trust and who've been around since Triskele's most recent revival <3
russell_litholab.png He/they | FR+2 | I use tone indicators!
Plague Push Hub
Abiding Vanguard
Nest Rentals
2021-08-11_LithoLab.png
@Ara @Madarakita @ToxieToxie
I don't mean to over-ping so I apologize if I'm doing so!

Could I get this thread locked? A duplicate new thread has been created and this one no longer serves it's original purpose
@Ara @Madarakita @ToxieToxie
I don't mean to over-ping so I apologize if I'm doing so!

Could I get this thread locked? A duplicate new thread has been created and this one no longer serves it's original purpose
russell_litholab.png He/they | FR+2 | I use tone indicators!
Plague Push Hub
Abiding Vanguard
Nest Rentals
2021-08-11_LithoLab.png
Locked!
Locked!
deity_arcanist_by_dogi_crimson-da6mxx1.gif
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group
Usually online between 22:00 and 6:00 server time!
kakvyh5.png s5AhXjW.png
1 2 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143