Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Triskele Hub - MOVED! NEW THREAD LINKS!
1 2 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143
@ArmorWondrous

I don't use Discord but if other people want to have a Discord to help coordinate, that's fine. Just so long as it's not required to be in the Discord to rent out nests and any really pertinent information (activity checks, alerts, etc) gets posted in the main thread here.

I don't have a very strong opinion either way about reviews, nest limits, or fees, although I do feel that the last poll about raising fees on the GDoc was flawed because there was no way to vote "Neutral/Don't Care" and I feel like that skewed the votes somewhat.

Instead of nest limits (or in addition to if that gets instated), I think it would be most helpful to have renters make sure they specify exactly how many nests they need (even if it's just 1) and to update their posts when their nests are filled/claimed. I know life happens but please, it makes it so much easier when looking through multiple pings to see "Filled/Done" and know you can move on to the next ping.

The Elemental Leaders idea seems a bit strange to me for a Nest Rental service because I'm not sure what sort of insight somebody in a renter's flight can give about another player in that flight beyond "Well, they seem active/inactive?" At least, I can't think of any advantage I would have as a fellow flight member to other Wind nesters other than I could set up a thread in the flight forums for check-ins which...is what this thread is already for? But again, if that's something people are into, it won't bother me. Definitely would need a solid definition on "Active/Inactive" though so we don't have flight leaders bothering us just because we "appeared inactive" or "looked active but haven't been accepting nests".
@ArmorWondrous

I don't use Discord but if other people want to have a Discord to help coordinate, that's fine. Just so long as it's not required to be in the Discord to rent out nests and any really pertinent information (activity checks, alerts, etc) gets posted in the main thread here.

I don't have a very strong opinion either way about reviews, nest limits, or fees, although I do feel that the last poll about raising fees on the GDoc was flawed because there was no way to vote "Neutral/Don't Care" and I feel like that skewed the votes somewhat.

Instead of nest limits (or in addition to if that gets instated), I think it would be most helpful to have renters make sure they specify exactly how many nests they need (even if it's just 1) and to update their posts when their nests are filled/claimed. I know life happens but please, it makes it so much easier when looking through multiple pings to see "Filled/Done" and know you can move on to the next ping.

The Elemental Leaders idea seems a bit strange to me for a Nest Rental service because I'm not sure what sort of insight somebody in a renter's flight can give about another player in that flight beyond "Well, they seem active/inactive?" At least, I can't think of any advantage I would have as a fellow flight member to other Wind nesters other than I could set up a thread in the flight forums for check-ins which...is what this thread is already for? But again, if that's something people are into, it won't bother me. Definitely would need a solid definition on "Active/Inactive" though so we don't have flight leaders bothering us just because we "appeared inactive" or "looked active but haven't been accepting nests".
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
A sidenote to anyone reading - I will begin to make the new threads as soon as possible! I'd like to have them up very soon so Litho is able to shut the current ones, Armor and I can become the active hosts, and so we can update our pinglists very quickly. Many of you have been waiting for a long time to be taken off, switched flights, or put on as a new nester. As soon as we have new threads, I can do that. The ideas Armor presented that we are currently discussing don't impact getting the new threads started!
A sidenote to anyone reading - I will begin to make the new threads as soon as possible! I'd like to have them up very soon so Litho is able to shut the current ones, Armor and I can become the active hosts, and so we can update our pinglists very quickly. Many of you have been waiting for a long time to be taken off, switched flights, or put on as a new nester. As soon as we have new threads, I can do that. The ideas Armor presented that we are currently discussing don't impact getting the new threads started!
If I haven't answered your ping for a fire nest yet, I am working through a backlog!
@ArmorWondrous

We are missing Plague on the list of nesters you posted!

(Panarow will be switching to Lightning soon)
@ArmorWondrous

We are missing Plague on the list of nesters you posted!

(Panarow will be switching to Lightning soon)
If I haven't answered your ping for a fire nest yet, I am working through a backlog!
[quote name="RhanaKerridan" date="2023-08-06 15:23:25" ] @/LithoLab, could you possibly put a / before my name in the Fire nesters list to warn people I'm on Standby and cannot take in guests at the moment? I do want to help again someday soon, but I literally have no space for extra pairs just now, much less hatching their nests. I think nester/renter reviews could be helpful, but we'd have to tread carefully around site policies regarding respecting other players. I admit I do find it bothersome when some renters ask for a huge number of nests at once. A handful (<5 per element) is perfectly fine, but I joined Triskele to help others breed their dream dragons, not serve as a permanent hatchery. I don't have any new suggestions on that, but I'd support an extra fee for asking for more then 5 nests/element in a week, or something like that. Thank you LithoLab for your hard work in running Triskele until now, and good luck to our new cohosts!! [emoji=coatl happy size=1] [/quote] @RhanaKerridan Of course! I'll update that now Thank you as well! Triskele's can't run without its nesters <3
RhanaKerridan wrote on 2023-08-06 15:23:25:
@/LithoLab, could you possibly put a / before my name in the Fire nesters list to warn people I'm on Standby and cannot take in guests at the moment? I do want to help again someday soon, but I literally have no space for extra pairs just now, much less hatching their nests.

I think nester/renter reviews could be helpful, but we'd have to tread carefully around site policies regarding respecting other players.

I admit I do find it bothersome when some renters ask for a huge number of nests at once. A handful (<5 per element) is perfectly fine, but I joined Triskele to help others breed their dream dragons, not serve as a permanent hatchery. I don't have any new suggestions on that, but I'd support an extra fee for asking for more then 5 nests/element in a week, or something like that.

Thank you LithoLab for your hard work in running Triskele until now, and good luck to our new cohosts!!
@RhanaKerridan
Of course! I'll update that now

Thank you as well! Triskele's can't run without its nesters <3
russell_litholab.png He/they | FR+2 | I use tone indicators!
Plague Push Hub
Abiding Vanguard
Nest Rentals
2021-08-11_LithoLab.png
Throwing my ten cents into the tip jar before I go eat dinner:

- a Discord for the nesters to coordinate would be an excellent idea, especially with the easier notification customization (with roles) and ease of which we can have multiple channels going. Right now, this staff thread can feel a little disorganized, namely in regards to the fact that it's a thread - threads are great for forum games and continuous semi-non-linear posts, but for conversations? Not so much.

- as I'm in New Zealand time, I tend to miss most of the US and EU nest requests, and usually I wake up in the morning to see I've missed several nest request pings. However, there's a not insignificant part of the FR userbase that's also on East Asia and Oceania time zones, so I like to think I can help those folks out?

- that segues pretty well into my next tidbit: what if we have some indicator of timezones, or "usually active at such and such time", to help potential renters out? If there's people like me who are Actually Awake at rollover, and want to make sure they get nests in on time, having an indicator of nester availability could be a good idea. It doesn't have to be anything major, sort of like (using made up data for the hypothetical) "hey we have a bunch of Wind nesters but most of them are US time, so if you're posting a nest request right before rollover, please know that the odds of it getting picked up are slim"

- reviews could be cool! no idea how to run them though. maybe we could ask renters to post reviews on nesters' userpages? WAIT what about a google form (probably anonymous? but then it hinges on an honor system and that could go downhill) and/or we could put reviews underneath their names on the ping list, which would make it a bit less compact but more informative about who's on it

- elemental leaders would be good for lifting some of the workload off the admins, but also there's the question of a vetting process. how well do we all know each other - is is enough to have an opinion on other nesters and vote for leaders? who's online the most? how would that work for a small group, like the Earth nesters?

Thank you for the update and all y'all do as admins, I can only imagine how many hours you put into this program! I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're grateful for all the organizing you do!
Throwing my ten cents into the tip jar before I go eat dinner:

- a Discord for the nesters to coordinate would be an excellent idea, especially with the easier notification customization (with roles) and ease of which we can have multiple channels going. Right now, this staff thread can feel a little disorganized, namely in regards to the fact that it's a thread - threads are great for forum games and continuous semi-non-linear posts, but for conversations? Not so much.

- as I'm in New Zealand time, I tend to miss most of the US and EU nest requests, and usually I wake up in the morning to see I've missed several nest request pings. However, there's a not insignificant part of the FR userbase that's also on East Asia and Oceania time zones, so I like to think I can help those folks out?

- that segues pretty well into my next tidbit: what if we have some indicator of timezones, or "usually active at such and such time", to help potential renters out? If there's people like me who are Actually Awake at rollover, and want to make sure they get nests in on time, having an indicator of nester availability could be a good idea. It doesn't have to be anything major, sort of like (using made up data for the hypothetical) "hey we have a bunch of Wind nesters but most of them are US time, so if you're posting a nest request right before rollover, please know that the odds of it getting picked up are slim"

- reviews could be cool! no idea how to run them though. maybe we could ask renters to post reviews on nesters' userpages? WAIT what about a google form (probably anonymous? but then it hinges on an honor system and that could go downhill) and/or we could put reviews underneath their names on the ping list, which would make it a bit less compact but more informative about who's on it

- elemental leaders would be good for lifting some of the workload off the admins, but also there's the question of a vetting process. how well do we all know each other - is is enough to have an opinion on other nesters and vote for leaders? who's online the most? how would that work for a small group, like the Earth nesters?

Thank you for the update and all y'all do as admins, I can only imagine how many hours you put into this program! I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're grateful for all the organizing you do!
jIRALXN.png
mack, they/he, NZ
credit to Shaniae for the earth flight graphic!
[quote name="LucisAbsentia" date="2023-08-06 18:15:32" ] A sidenote to anyone reading - I will begin to make the new threads as soon as possible! I'd like to have them up very soon so Litho is able to shut the current ones, Armor and I can become the active hosts, and so we can update our pinglists very quickly. Many of you have been waiting for a long time to be taken off, switched flights, or put on as a new nester. As soon as we have new threads, I can do that. The ideas Armor presented that we are currently discussing don't impact getting the new threads started! [/quote] @LucisAbsentia If you have the updated list of active/inactive nesters I can update the current pinglist for the time being so folks aren't missing nests they want to take or getting pings they'd like to avoid! That way there's a bit less stress in urgency to get the new thread up
LucisAbsentia wrote on 2023-08-06 18:15:32:
@LucisAbsentia
If you have the updated list of active/inactive nesters I can update the current pinglist for the time being so folks aren't missing nests they want to take or getting pings they'd like to avoid!

That way there's a bit less stress in urgency to get the new thread up
russell_litholab.png He/they | FR+2 | I use tone indicators!
Plague Push Hub
Abiding Vanguard
Nest Rentals
2021-08-11_LithoLab.png
@LithoLab

Armor posted them a few pages back (137) but it is missing plague!

I'm still trying to get it up asap because if I don't make it urgent, I will put it off much longer than I'd like lolol
@LithoLab

Armor posted them a few pages back (137) but it is missing plague!

I'm still trying to get it up asap because if I don't make it urgent, I will put it off much longer than I'd like lolol
@ArmorWondrous

Discord: I do believe a discord would be beneficial. There has been a few times where I and another host (earth) have had to create a waiting list. Which usually consisted of more than 5 nesters waiting at a time. When this does happen it is rather difficult to search through the thread for my fellow host's waiting list so that I can help them get through said list. If even a few hosts decided to join the discord it would be much easier to communicate and help get through these waiting lists.

I would also only like for this discord to be for hosts only. My reason being if nesters were able to request nests through the discord server it would get confusing having to check back and forth between discord and the site to make sure no one has been missed. Digging through my pings now can be a bit of a pain as is XD

nester and renter reviews:

How would the rating system work? 1-5 star rating and a written review or just one or the other. Where would ratings be kept? Next to the hosts name? Plus if a 1-5 star rating is put in place the person updating that is going to have to figure out the star average every time another review is left. There is quite a bit of hosts between 11 flights and finding the average for everyone with multiple reviews would be a bit exhausting. Written reviews I feel might be a little easier as its just going to be copy and pasting their review. Although as said "it comes down to will people look at it and update it." It feels like an unnecessary task to me.

I do think a complaint system should be in place instead. Whereas if something seriously goes wrong with a nesters experience they will be able to let our Triskele Hub Hosts know. From there an action can be decided upon.

Limiting/greatly increasing the cost of multiple nests:

I don't think there should be a limit as to how many nests can be ordered. As a project breeder myself the days my pairs can be nested all seem to line up. Increasing the cost seems like a good compromise if they do have multiple nests. I think renting two nests at a time is fine but any number above that there should be an additional fee on top of the nest price. (Maybe like 1000tr - 2000tr.)

Elemental "leaders":

I think this is a good idea and I would potentially be interested in filling the Earth Leader Role. I'll wait and see if this idea is implemented and from there what the expectations are.
@ArmorWondrous

Discord: I do believe a discord would be beneficial. There has been a few times where I and another host (earth) have had to create a waiting list. Which usually consisted of more than 5 nesters waiting at a time. When this does happen it is rather difficult to search through the thread for my fellow host's waiting list so that I can help them get through said list. If even a few hosts decided to join the discord it would be much easier to communicate and help get through these waiting lists.

I would also only like for this discord to be for hosts only. My reason being if nesters were able to request nests through the discord server it would get confusing having to check back and forth between discord and the site to make sure no one has been missed. Digging through my pings now can be a bit of a pain as is XD

nester and renter reviews:

How would the rating system work? 1-5 star rating and a written review or just one or the other. Where would ratings be kept? Next to the hosts name? Plus if a 1-5 star rating is put in place the person updating that is going to have to figure out the star average every time another review is left. There is quite a bit of hosts between 11 flights and finding the average for everyone with multiple reviews would be a bit exhausting. Written reviews I feel might be a little easier as its just going to be copy and pasting their review. Although as said "it comes down to will people look at it and update it." It feels like an unnecessary task to me.

I do think a complaint system should be in place instead. Whereas if something seriously goes wrong with a nesters experience they will be able to let our Triskele Hub Hosts know. From there an action can be decided upon.

Limiting/greatly increasing the cost of multiple nests:

I don't think there should be a limit as to how many nests can be ordered. As a project breeder myself the days my pairs can be nested all seem to line up. Increasing the cost seems like a good compromise if they do have multiple nests. I think renting two nests at a time is fine but any number above that there should be an additional fee on top of the nest price. (Maybe like 1000tr - 2000tr.)

Elemental "leaders":

I think this is a good idea and I would potentially be interested in filling the Earth Leader Role. I'll wait and see if this idea is implemented and from there what the expectations are.
E7jyQJM.png
[quote name="AVoidEndlessly" date="2023-08-06 10:57:17" ] @ArmorWondrous a nester/renter review could work great in a discord, a chat set up specifically for reviews with a form to be filled out through text and sent into the chat. That is if you want it to be in the Discord, or if (while entertaining this suggestion) you all want it to be available on FR for all to see. Although Discord is a free app that can be accessed as a web browser, lots of people don't get it anyhow due to their own personal views/decisions. This also extends to children who may not be allowed since Discord is, after all, a social media platform albeit not one that is as unrestricted as others. Just a thought. :] Thank you for the updates! <3 [/quote] I think this is a great idea, personally, if we want to have a review place! The idea of a review thread in the forums feels a little intimidating to me just because it would be easy to lose and difficult to update (comparatively). I don't have strong opinions about the fee or leaders, I'm definitely open to discussion in general!
AVoidEndlessly wrote on 2023-08-06 10:57:17:
@ArmorWondrous a nester/renter review could work great in a discord, a chat set up specifically for reviews with a form to be filled out through text and sent into the chat.

That is if you want it to be in the Discord, or if (while entertaining this suggestion) you all want it to be available on FR for all to see. Although Discord is a free app that can be accessed as a web browser, lots of people don't get it anyhow due to their own personal views/decisions. This also extends to children who may not be allowed since Discord is, after all, a social media platform albeit not one that is as unrestricted as others.

Just a thought. :] Thank you for the updates! <3
I think this is a great idea, personally, if we want to have a review place! The idea of a review thread in the forums feels a little intimidating to me just because it would be easy to lose and difficult to update (comparatively).

I don't have strong opinions about the fee or leaders, I'm definitely open to discussion in general!
tumblr_o4ti1moYB51u9ymyzo2_r1_100.pngbotffbadges_twister_by_tinygryphon-d9oe78d.pngARNCfsd.pngoUkKcU4.pngys38jg2.png
Putting in my two cents! [quote name="ArmorWondrous" date="2023-08-06 10:52:42" ] - A [b]Discord[/b]. There is interest in an optional Discord. The plus side is it will help facilitate a lot of things we have going on, as well as some things proposed. That said, it is offsite. It would be good to hear some thoughts or if anyone has any strong opinions either way.[/quote] I'd be down to use Discord for more organization and discussing things with other members of my flight in case of a queue, or just general help with keeping Triskele up to date / having a quicker and more encompassing access to the Triskele group. But I think it should only be used for organization behind the scenes rather than pure renting through Discord, as not everyone has Discord. [quote name="ArmorWondrous" date="2023-08-06 10:52:42" ] - A place to leave [b]nester and renter reviews.[/b] This would be very helpful but it comes down to will people look at it and update it.[/quote] Neutral on this, it'll be a nice addition but I think Triskele's history and general reputation already kind of serves as a review? [quote name="ArmorWondrous" date="2023-08-06 10:52:42" ] - [b]Limiting/greatly increasing the cost of multiple nests[/b] a renter can rent, so that nesters/elements don't get bogged down by a single client. Do we want this? What is a fee we are happy with? This will also be something nesters will have to maintain. There has also been some desire to raise the base fee, but maybe this increasing fee per nest might alleviate that?[/quote] I'm uncertain about how to address this but I agree that something should be set in place for this scenario. Obviously, this would be for egregious numbers, such as double digits. I've seen this happen a few times and it does feel a bit overwhelming when that takes up nearly all the available ( if not all ) of the available nesting spots. For smaller multiple nests, I don't think an additional fee should be added but perhaps instead the addendum of also attaching food for the days that the dragons stay in the lair as a reasonable compromise? [quote name="ArmorWondrous" date="2023-08-06 10:52:42" ] - [b]Elemental "leaders"[/b]. It's hard for the hosts to know what is going on outside their own element, and there have been complaints of barely-to-non active nesters who won't claim nests but remain as a nester. Having a long time nester willing to take the role of a sorta-admin to flag non-active nesters to the hosts could help keep nesting less frustrating for everyone.[/quote] I think this could be a great idea, provided that it works out. I wouldn't mind offering myself as a Plague leader, I check in several times a day and have been around since 2014, though of course that would only be the case if this becomes a thing! I think the only drawback with this would be making sure that the leaders remain active and don't disappear into the abyss.
Putting in my two cents!

ArmorWondrous wrote on 2023-08-06 10:52:42:
- A Discord. There is interest in an optional Discord. The plus side is it will help facilitate a lot of things we have going on, as well as some things proposed. That said, it is offsite. It would be good to hear some thoughts or if anyone has any strong opinions either way.

I'd be down to use Discord for more organization and discussing things with other members of my flight in case of a queue, or just general help with keeping Triskele up to date / having a quicker and more encompassing access to the Triskele group. But I think it should only be used for organization behind the scenes rather than pure renting through Discord, as not everyone has Discord.

- A place to leave nester and renter reviews. This would be very helpful but it comes down to will people look at it and update it.

Neutral on this, it'll be a nice addition but I think Triskele's history and general reputation already kind of serves as a review?

- Limiting/greatly increasing the cost of multiple nests a renter can rent, so that nesters/elements don't get bogged down by a single client. Do we want this? What is a fee we are happy with? This will also be something nesters will have to maintain. There has also been some desire to raise the base fee, but maybe this increasing fee per nest might alleviate that?

I'm uncertain about how to address this but I agree that something should be set in place for this scenario. Obviously, this would be for egregious numbers, such as double digits. I've seen this happen a few times and it does feel a bit overwhelming when that takes up nearly all the available ( if not all ) of the available nesting spots. For smaller multiple nests, I don't think an additional fee should be added but perhaps instead the addendum of also attaching food for the days that the dragons stay in the lair as a reasonable compromise?

- Elemental "leaders". It's hard for the hosts to know what is going on outside their own element, and there have been complaints of barely-to-non active nesters who won't claim nests but remain as a nester. Having a long time nester willing to take the role of a sorta-admin to flag non-active nesters to the hosts could help keep nesting less frustrating for everyone.

I think this could be a great idea, provided that it works out. I wouldn't mind offering myself as a Plague leader, I check in several times a day and have been around since 2014, though of course that would only be the case if this becomes a thing! I think the only drawback with this would be making sure that the leaders remain active and don't disappear into the abyss.
ePOliyb.png
o7ZCFYm.png
w0wBhk1.png
8O67LBq.png
......... AnRfjMR.png ...Uwvllxw.png...
FR +9 | HE / HIM | TRANSMASC | WISHLIST
Make your crown of teeth and blood and bone
and watch as the ones you hate run back home.
...Uwvllxw.png... J1gYZgp.png
1 2 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143