Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Best flight to live in (lorewise)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I think Wind and Nature sound pretty serene. I would say Light too, aside from the massive zombie(s) leaving trails of destruction in their wake. But in terms of [i]chill[/i] flights obviously Ice is the winner [emoji=gaoler laughing size=1]. Jokes aside, I do think I would like living in Ice (maybe in the more temperate areas, and away from the imprisoned eldritch horrors). I love cold climates and wintry scenery, which is why I picked this flight in the first place. [quote name="Niceless" date="2023-08-03 16:26:22" ] [quote name="fatui" date="2023-07-23 12:26:14" ] yeah wind flight zone def maybe im biased but all of the lore is really chill and friendly, imo i also feel like the earth flight area would be calm as well [/quote] Plague would like to have a word with you. [/quote] Wait, what's not chill and friendly about rotten tendril virus bone land? [emoji=gaoler laughing size=1]
I think Wind and Nature sound pretty serene. I would say Light too, aside from the massive zombie(s) leaving trails of destruction in their wake.

But in terms of chill flights obviously Ice is the winner . Jokes aside, I do think I would like living in Ice (maybe in the more temperate areas, and away from the imprisoned eldritch horrors). I love cold climates and wintry scenery, which is why I picked this flight in the first place.
Niceless wrote on 2023-08-03 16:26:22:
fatui wrote on 2023-07-23 12:26:14:
yeah wind flight zone def
maybe im biased but all of the lore is really chill and friendly, imo

i also feel like the earth flight area would be calm as well
Plague would like to have a word with you.

Wait, what's not chill and friendly about rotten tendril virus bone land?
WHdZHzK.png
i don't think i could narrow it down to one flight persay, since they all have their incredibly dangerous non-human friendly areas, buuut i'd say every flight's [minus lightning on account of not having one] sanctums would be relatively fine.

so you want some real estate in sornieth? here's your options:

earth - colonades of antiquity (just a city full of researchers! very cozy)

arcane - astrolodome (covered from outside magic hail), tourmaline archives (who wouldn't want to live in a library?)

ice - rimebone stockade (a bit cold, but at least you never have to worry about an empty fridge?)

wind - singer's brook (serene... and scenic!), zephyr steppes (nothing too high up, has a nice breeze, potentially has some banger farming potential), millmeadows (i would personally love to live in a farming village like that...)

fire - emberglow hearth (if sticking towards the southern or northern ends), MAYBE cinder slag if 'oppressive' heat is still livable for a human

water - churnscar wharf (port cities are typically pretty safe to live in, so long as one's okay with dealing with stormy weather), flotsam town (one of the most welcoming communities in sornieth! what's not to love?), tsunami flats (if you like to rough it a bit)

lightning - highland scrub (if sticking near the water territory), turrets of goldensparc (if you're RICH)

light - lanternlea port (far enough away from luminax, AND a port city!)

shadow - murkbarrow close (if you're a hermit like me heehee)

nature - worldedge wetlands & gladeveins (if you dont mind the mosquitos), everbloom gardens

plague - hellwell undercroft (depends how wet and stinky it is in there tbh, but it Seems drier than the rest of the domain)
i don't think i could narrow it down to one flight persay, since they all have their incredibly dangerous non-human friendly areas, buuut i'd say every flight's [minus lightning on account of not having one] sanctums would be relatively fine.

so you want some real estate in sornieth? here's your options:

earth - colonades of antiquity (just a city full of researchers! very cozy)

arcane - astrolodome (covered from outside magic hail), tourmaline archives (who wouldn't want to live in a library?)

ice - rimebone stockade (a bit cold, but at least you never have to worry about an empty fridge?)

wind - singer's brook (serene... and scenic!), zephyr steppes (nothing too high up, has a nice breeze, potentially has some banger farming potential), millmeadows (i would personally love to live in a farming village like that...)

fire - emberglow hearth (if sticking towards the southern or northern ends), MAYBE cinder slag if 'oppressive' heat is still livable for a human

water - churnscar wharf (port cities are typically pretty safe to live in, so long as one's okay with dealing with stormy weather), flotsam town (one of the most welcoming communities in sornieth! what's not to love?), tsunami flats (if you like to rough it a bit)

lightning - highland scrub (if sticking near the water territory), turrets of goldensparc (if you're RICH)

light - lanternlea port (far enough away from luminax, AND a port city!)

shadow - murkbarrow close (if you're a hermit like me heehee)

nature - worldedge wetlands & gladeveins (if you dont mind the mosquitos), everbloom gardens

plague - hellwell undercroft (depends how wet and stinky it is in there tbh, but it Seems drier than the rest of the domain)
nzqnkq.png
[quote name="BapeTheFish" date="2023-07-23 12:31:25" ] I'd like to live in literally the most peaceful place in the world. Point of Interest: Zephyr Steppes Arcane is literally radioactive, ice is cold, plague is hard to survive in for even dragons, shadow is too dark, light has a zombie, earth is really dry, nature has crazy plants that can probably eat me, I'd get electrocuted by the desert in lighting, fire is half lava, and water is mostly underwater and I would drown. [/quote] This.
BapeTheFish wrote on 2023-07-23 12:31:25:
I'd like to live in literally the most peaceful place in the world.
Point of Interest: Zephyr Steppes

Arcane is literally radioactive, ice is cold, plague is hard to survive in for even dragons, shadow is too dark, light has a zombie, earth is really dry, nature has crazy plants that can probably eat me, I'd get electrocuted by the desert in lighting, fire is half lava, and water is mostly underwater and I would drown.

This.
3dcd0a0f8f30d7e047499bd3dfc49287625e9622.png Ello.
Just a
Dragon
Enthusiast.
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1081101929335230464/1136861180967796786/image.png[/img] Most of Viridian Labyrinth would be great, especially Everbloom Gardens and Worldedge Wetlands, and you'd have zero issue finding food or water. There's a few problems though. One, you have the cold war with Plague flight to worry about, and two, you're living in a jungle/swamp so have fun with all those mosquito bites. (Although I checked the item database and only salt-marsh mosquitos are said to carry diseases and they live in Plague, Ice, and Arcane. Huh.) Also def avoid the Shrieking Wilds. I'm biased but Windswept Plateau really has got to be the best place to live. Zephyr Steppes is literally the most peaceful place in the world as others have pointed out.. You could argue Singer's Brook is even more peaceful since there's no wind there. The streams would be an easy source of food and water. The only danger you really have to worry about is Twisting Crescendo which is pretty harmless afaik, and maybe your neighbors Plague and Fire. It makes me nervous that Plague is right next to what is basically an airport, lol...
image.png

Most of Viridian Labyrinth would be great, especially Everbloom Gardens and Worldedge Wetlands, and you'd have zero issue finding food or water. There's a few problems though. One, you have the cold war with Plague flight to worry about, and two, you're living in a jungle/swamp so have fun with all those mosquito bites. (Although I checked the item database and only salt-marsh mosquitos are said to carry diseases and they live in Plague, Ice, and Arcane. Huh.) Also def avoid the Shrieking Wilds.

I'm biased but Windswept Plateau really has got to be the best place to live. Zephyr Steppes is literally the most peaceful place in the world as others have pointed out.. You could argue Singer's Brook is even more peaceful since there's no wind there. The streams would be an easy source of food and water. The only danger you really have to worry about is Twisting Crescendo which is pretty harmless afaik, and maybe your neighbors Plague and Fire. It makes me nervous that Plague is right next to what is basically an airport, lol...
clay.png TpcyzkZ.png
I think Wind is pretty safe, as long as you avoid the giant hurricane. The steppes area in particular is pretty similar to a lot of very habitable earth biomes. Light is also probably fine unless you end up in the spoopy haunted area or Luminax's wake. Nature is probably pretty ok considering that plenty of real life people live in rainforests (however I would hate to live there, imagine the bugs...). Maybe that one city in Earth would be ok too, since humans also live in desert cities regularly, its pretty much dragon Alexandria or something.

All the other flights have significantly hostile weather (ice being essentially Antarctica, shadow being perpetually dark, lightning having too many storms, fire being too hot, water being... underwater, and plague being plagued). And arcane probably has too much weird supernatural stuff going on, like aliens riding on meteors and stuff?
I think Wind is pretty safe, as long as you avoid the giant hurricane. The steppes area in particular is pretty similar to a lot of very habitable earth biomes. Light is also probably fine unless you end up in the spoopy haunted area or Luminax's wake. Nature is probably pretty ok considering that plenty of real life people live in rainforests (however I would hate to live there, imagine the bugs...). Maybe that one city in Earth would be ok too, since humans also live in desert cities regularly, its pretty much dragon Alexandria or something.

All the other flights have significantly hostile weather (ice being essentially Antarctica, shadow being perpetually dark, lightning having too many storms, fire being too hot, water being... underwater, and plague being plagued). And arcane probably has too much weird supernatural stuff going on, like aliens riding on meteors and stuff?
jCVhFoZ.gif

I'm biased, but I think Earth sounds pretty safe! It's just rocks and caves... Wind seems pretty safe, but there are a lot of cliffs and with harsh wind that still sounds a little dangerous comparatively... but it would be PRETTY :)

Arcane sounds pretty safe to me, too... so long as the Arcane dragons don't get curious and try to study you! Haha

I'm biased, but I think Earth sounds pretty safe! It's just rocks and caves... Wind seems pretty safe, but there are a lot of cliffs and with harsh wind that still sounds a little dangerous comparatively... but it would be PRETTY :)

Arcane sounds pretty safe to me, too... so long as the Arcane dragons don't get curious and try to study you! Haha

PbW1AsJ.png
Mundane | he/it | 29

Exalt Rescue
About Me
Wishlist

wind. there's nothing particularly concerning that is still dangerous if you're aware it's there, like with every other flight. also they have windmills! water (churnscar wharf/flotsam town) is a close second. it's just a normal beach town. earth is probably third if you stay in densely populated areas like the colonnades and terraclae. the zombies are far away from the cities and the seismic activity isn't the worst tradeoff, it's anywhere from a moderate to barely a problem depending on your familiarity with earthquakes.

everywhere else is unlivable.

edit: good points on nature! i think a reasonable fourth place. food is no problem, the weather is livable albeit unpleasant to some (me), and the Wild Beasts are less prevalent in places like the everbloom gardens.
wind. there's nothing particularly concerning that is still dangerous if you're aware it's there, like with every other flight. also they have windmills! water (churnscar wharf/flotsam town) is a close second. it's just a normal beach town. earth is probably third if you stay in densely populated areas like the colonnades and terraclae. the zombies are far away from the cities and the seismic activity isn't the worst tradeoff, it's anywhere from a moderate to barely a problem depending on your familiarity with earthquakes.

everywhere else is unlivable.

edit: good points on nature! i think a reasonable fourth place. food is no problem, the weather is livable albeit unpleasant to some (me), and the Wild Beasts are less prevalent in places like the everbloom gardens.
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
im living in the lava i like a challenge
im living in the lava i like a challenge
The eyes of Lio Fotia and Galo Thymos from Promare in official art by Hiroyuki Imaishi staring dramatically past the viewer. There is a ball of fire in their colors (blue, pink, and white) between them
I think ice wouldn't be that different from living in the mountains or Alaska or Finland or Sweden or Norway or Iceland so it's probably fine especially since plant life is able to live there
I think ice wouldn't be that different from living in the mountains or Alaska or Finland or Sweden or Norway or Iceland so it's probably fine especially since plant life is able to live there
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Wind, just stay away from the storm since they seem like very friendly folk
Wind, just stay away from the storm since they seem like very friendly folk
ca4nyRv.png vZmPWxA.png
dIMtL1H.png HJLIYn4.png
tumblr_inline_njw5imw9Dw1qg2i5p.gif
m5Wt3n0.pnglAR8cRt.png0ZSX2ZT.png2eU40bl.pngD3ADKVK.pngPsCGMAP.png
HsTPUMH.pngHsTPUMH.png