Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How old is "old" for FR accounts?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
With the amount of accounts I've seen that were made this year, I'd say that I agree with old being 6+ years.
With the amount of accounts I've seen that were made this year, I'd say that I agree with old being 6+ years.
Hail Derek and hope for the best!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
To me, old accounts are just any that are older than mine (so pre-2016). That said, apparently a lot of people would consider my account old, which is crazy to me.
To me, old accounts are just any that are older than mine (so pre-2016). That said, apparently a lot of people would consider my account old, which is crazy to me.
PQznZys.png
[quote name="felynn" date="2023-07-29 06:31:12" ] Early 6 digit accounts and lower are pretty old to me. :] Seeing a 4 digit acct kinda jumpscares me a little. [/quote] As someone with a 5 digit account, this amuses me.
felynn wrote on 2023-07-29 06:31:12:
Early 6 digit accounts and lower are pretty old to me. :] Seeing a 4 digit acct kinda jumpscares me a little.
As someone with a 5 digit account, this amuses me.
7GFlGJN.pngUQye6pN.pngMrRCllp.pngw7zrq5X.pngJ62sYF0.pnghgDH6fo.png9My5I2b.pngiibnNpu.pngDBFJoJn.pngA3L5B4e.pngzjJqiVN.png
v8f8ZKI.png
I remember when “old” was “Kickstarter backers and first day registration.” It’s been long enough that I consider myself old too and tend to judge other accounts as “do I recognize them from the early days” (old) vs “I’ve never heard of this person” (new) but objectively… idk it’s kind of a spectrum? If I had to nail it down, 8-10 years is old, 1-2 years is new.
I remember when “old” was “Kickstarter backers and first day registration.” It’s been long enough that I consider myself old too and tend to judge other accounts as “do I recognize them from the early days” (old) vs “I’ve never heard of this person” (new) but objectively… idk it’s kind of a spectrum? If I had to nail it down, 8-10 years is old, 1-2 years is new.
“blaireau’s
...Yeah I think my account might considered ancient at 3-digits. Registered opening night! Only the kickstarters got in before. Wild fun back then, though the lag and downtime was a pain. Remember the fun days of welcoming 'newbies' during those registration windows.

But honestly anything 2018 or older is probably considered old these days?
...Yeah I think my account might considered ancient at 3-digits. Registered opening night! Only the kickstarters got in before. Wild fun back then, though the lag and downtime was a pain. Remember the fun days of welcoming 'newbies' during those registration windows.

But honestly anything 2018 or older is probably considered old these days?
taOZQ9c.png
*waves at fellow October 2014 registration people*

I know my account is old by most standards, but personally I think anything pre-2020 counts as old at this point, and if it's pre-2017/18 it's ancient.
*waves at fellow October 2014 registration people*

I know my account is old by most standards, but personally I think anything pre-2020 counts as old at this point, and if it's pre-2017/18 it's ancient.
"Froggy"/"Hypo" =o= Adult =o= (FR+3)
naturetop.png
i joined in april 2018, so a little over 5 years ago. i dont consider myself to be an old account, but i know some other players would (maybe?)

i think 2013/2014/2015 accounts are old.
i joined in april 2018, so a little over 5 years ago. i dont consider myself to be an old account, but i know some other players would (maybe?)

i think 2013/2014/2015 accounts are old.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
I'm only here to see if my account is considered old.

I am getting mixed messages.

Anyways, a 6 year old account feels old to me. Like, holy cow you've been on this site for 6 years?! That's crazy!

Wait.

That means my account is old.

Oh no, I feel the grey scales coming in, someone help me-
I'm only here to see if my account is considered old.

I am getting mixed messages.

Anyways, a 6 year old account feels old to me. Like, holy cow you've been on this site for 6 years?! That's crazy!

Wait.

That means my account is old.

Oh no, I feel the grey scales coming in, someone help me-
PiAyg8i.png

A small flight banner, halve being fire and halve being wind.

Silver_Square.png
^ Fandragon ^
Being from 2013 my view is incredibly skewed XD.

2023 = New
2022 - 2021 = Young
2020 - 2017 = Established
2016 - 2014 = Old
2013 = Ancient
Any account with 4 digits or less = Mythical

But if I had to pick a specific year as a cut off, probably 2020. That's when I stop thinking that an account is new at least.
Being from 2013 my view is incredibly skewed XD.

2023 = New
2022 - 2021 = Young
2020 - 2017 = Established
2016 - 2014 = Old
2013 = Ancient
Any account with 4 digits or less = Mythical

But if I had to pick a specific year as a cut off, probably 2020. That's when I stop thinking that an account is new at least.
Tbh, anyone who remembers Welcome Weeks are old to me! I feel like the removal of registration windows really ushered in the 'modern' FR era for me, though that's just my opinion as a 2017 joiner.

I've never considered myself an 'old' account, but it has been almost 6 years, so... I'm not sure!
Tbh, anyone who remembers Welcome Weeks are old to me! I feel like the removal of registration windows really ushered in the 'modern' FR era for me, though that's just my opinion as a 2017 joiner.

I've never considered myself an 'old' account, but it has been almost 6 years, so... I'm not sure!
swip.png - hi! i'm cassie.
- my pronouns are she/her.
- my timezone is fr+3.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14