Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Sandsurge Dragons
1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 100 101
Oh I am going to be so broke [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=87&bodygene=207&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=156&tertgene=173&winggene=207&wings=58&auth=0bcc7bc10736b10ff16a3b2adcbd7d98b49bbceb&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Some other notes, I hope Circuit gets added if new parallels are added in latter. Honestly a little baffled it wasn't included from the start. I like augment much better anyways but, feels like it would be a fitting gene for a lightning dragon to have as an option. Also, while I will admit that them being a gem breed does dampen some of my immediate excitement (im a little less inclined to scry all my gen1 projects as something that'll cost me 1kg just for the initial breed), it was made pretty clear it was going to be this way months ago. This isn't some unprecedented cash-grab, FR has had gem exclusives from pretty much the beginning, they're part of the game and how the site makes the money to stay running. All that being said, I am very excited for my planned spikey guy, even if he's the only one I'll be working for a while.
Oh

I am going to be so broke

dragon?age=1&body=87&bodygene=207&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=156&tertgene=173&winggene=207&wings=58&auth=0bcc7bc10736b10ff16a3b2adcbd7d98b49bbceb&dummyext=prev.png

Some other notes, I hope Circuit gets added if new parallels are added in latter. Honestly a little baffled it wasn't included from the start. I like augment much better anyways but, feels like it would be a fitting gene for a lightning dragon to have as an option.

Also, while I will admit that them being a gem breed does dampen some of my immediate excitement (im a little less inclined to scry all my gen1 projects as something that'll cost me 1kg just for the initial breed), it was made pretty clear it was going to be this way months ago. This isn't some unprecedented cash-grab, FR has had gem exclusives from pretty much the beginning, they're part of the game and how the site makes the money to stay running.

All that being said, I am very excited for my planned spikey guy, even if he's the only one I'll be working for a while.
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
[quote name="@Harbinger" date="2023-07-20 07:57:48" ] I'm loving the genes for these guys! Time to cross my fingers and toes that some day we can have Tundras and Gaolers with Beard! [emoji=tundra love size=2] [/quote] Moderns cannot have line breaking terts unfortunately
@Harbinger wrote on 2023-07-20 07:57:48:
I'm loving the genes for these guys! Time to cross my fingers and toes that some day we can have Tundras and Gaolers with Beard!

Moderns cannot have line breaking terts unfortunately
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
The Garchomp fandragon potential of this breed,, [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=207&breed=23&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=26&tertgene=190&winggene=206&wings=75&auth=d344eefcedd47e6ef4b3d7f7b51923c623680360&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=207&breed=23&element=8&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=43&tertgene=171&winggene=206&wings=84&auth=f68de2e756583afe5284f20ae70ea0148b42d3e1&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
The Garchomp fandragon potential of this breed,,

dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=207&breed=23&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=26&tertgene=190&winggene=206&wings=75&auth=d344eefcedd47e6ef4b3d7f7b51923c623680360&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=207&breed=23&element=8&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=43&tertgene=171&winggene=206&wings=84&auth=f68de2e756583afe5284f20ae70ea0148b42d3e1&dummyext=prev.png
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
[quote name="Ralzakark" date="2023-07-20 04:40:52" ]iirc staff has stated that all the weirder and mold breaking ancients are going to be treasure breeds so that the more interesting dragons would not be paywalled, which imo is a really good reason for this gem breed to be more tame in design. i could see many other pet sites doing the exact opposite [/quote] Doesn't really seem to fit the bill though, does it lol. The genes on Veilspuns and Sandsurges, as well as the breeds themselves, are very pretty, more than some of the other ancient breeds that were released, and yet these two, being nicer in design, ARE paywalled. Kind of feels like the opposite is going on, instead. The nicer the breed design/genes, the more likely it's going to be that it get paywalled which is honestly really disappointing and doesn't give me much hope for future releases. I said before in my earlier post, but I don't think any dragon breed should be paywalled to obtain. Genes, accessories, vistas, scenes, all of that being paywalled is fine since it's kind of "extra" content, but the breeds themselves really shouldn't be.
Ralzakark wrote on 2023-07-20 04:40:52:
iirc staff has stated that all the weirder and mold breaking ancients are going to be treasure breeds so that the more interesting dragons would not be paywalled, which imo is a really good reason for this gem breed to be more tame in design. i could see many other pet sites doing the exact opposite
Doesn't really seem to fit the bill though, does it lol. The genes on Veilspuns and Sandsurges, as well as the breeds themselves, are very pretty, more than some of the other ancient breeds that were released, and yet these two, being nicer in design, ARE paywalled. Kind of feels like the opposite is going on, instead. The nicer the breed design/genes, the more likely it's going to be that it get paywalled which is honestly really disappointing and doesn't give me much hope for future releases.

I said before in my earlier post, but I don't think any dragon breed should be paywalled to obtain. Genes, accessories, vistas, scenes, all of that being paywalled is fine since it's kind of "extra" content, but the breeds themselves really shouldn't be.
Andy / M00N / Lur
he/him | agender
The canon spouse, handler, and eternal #1 fan of the FNaF:SB Daycare Attendant.
Sun, Moon, and Eclipse are my beloved animatronic husbands and I cherish them all very much!
♥♥♥
Has anyone while breeding these dragons noticed that the preview of offspring all take after the female dragon? No matter how many times you click? Or have your hatchings all taken after the female? All of my previews had the mothers genes and every single baby did too. Not that I truly mind, but it would have been nice to see some traits from the male.
Has anyone while breeding these dragons noticed that the preview of offspring all take after the female dragon? No matter how many times you click? Or have your hatchings all taken after the female? All of my previews had the mothers genes and every single baby did too. Not that I truly mind, but it would have been nice to see some traits from the male.
Looking to trade Sandsurge's? Visit my Sandsurge Give/Get Forum!
[quote name="KoloKitten" date="2023-07-20 10:45:26" ] @Numerologist The devs are ensuring every Flight gets two breeds before designing ancients for the Flights that have two moderns (so, Earth (Obelisks, Snappers), Wind (Spiral and Skydancer), and Light (Imperials, Pearlcatchers). So Nature is indeed the last Flight without two breeds! [/quote] Oh yea, that's right; plague or arcane doesnt have two either looks like? Though they have mirrors and abers/aethers respectively. Bogs are a thing but they seem to be neutral above all else. (Pls feel free to correct me i may have missed something reading these encyclopedia entries)[emoji=skull size=1]
KoloKitten wrote on 2023-07-20 10:45:26:
@Numerologist
The devs are ensuring every Flight gets two breeds before designing ancients for the Flights that have two moderns (so, Earth (Obelisks, Snappers), Wind (Spiral and Skydancer), and Light (Imperials, Pearlcatchers). So Nature is indeed the last Flight without two breeds!

Oh yea, that's right; plague or arcane doesnt have two either looks like? Though they have mirrors and abers/aethers respectively. Bogs are a thing but they seem to be neutral above all else.
(Pls feel free to correct me i may have missed something reading these encyclopedia entries)
She/Her

plague_banner.png
+ Pinging OK, Chill, I play to enjoy cute, funny Dergs and admire other's creativity.
What about the people who are poor and cant afford to pay real money for gems? I liked the old way you did new breeds. I feel like your gonna loose a ton of users
What about the people who are poor and cant afford to pay real money for gems? I liked the old way you did new breeds. I feel like your gonna loose a ton of users
Vie
Normally I'd be happy to wait for these guys to start going around for treasure after folks have been breeding them for awhile (like the Veilspuns, still arguably my fav breed), but gosh darn it these are so cool and I'm happy to throw the site I use all the time to amuse myself 10 bucks for a job well done. Love my new dragon and can't wait to eventually get more :) [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/857712/85771195_350.png[/img]
Normally I'd be happy to wait for these guys to start going around for treasure after folks have been breeding them for awhile (like the Veilspuns, still arguably my fav breed), but gosh darn it these are so cool and I'm happy to throw the site I use all the time to amuse myself 10 bucks for a job well done. Love my new dragon and can't wait to eventually get more :)

85771195_350.png
AHHHHHh they're so fantastic, and totally worth the price! can't wait to get one!
AHHHHHh they're so fantastic, and totally worth the price! can't wait to get one!
I've never spent money on this website before, and quite frankly I don't regret it. As soon as I saw these dragons I knew I had to have them! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/858471/85847028_350.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/865832/86583154_350.png[/img] My beautiful babies[emoji=sandsurge love size=1]
I've never spent money on this website before, and quite frankly I don't regret it. As soon as I saw these dragons I knew I had to have them!

85847028_350.png
86583154_350.png

My beautiful babies
Looking to trade Sandsurge's? Visit my Sandsurge Give/Get Forum!
1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 100 101