Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Sandsurge Dragons
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 100 101
These guys are neat! Kinda glad there's no free scrolls bc now i don't have to worry about full basics taking up space in my lair because I'm too poor to buy genes but too sentimental to exalt them lmao
These guys are neat! Kinda glad there's no free scrolls bc now i don't have to worry about full basics taking up space in my lair because I'm too poor to buy genes but too sentimental to exalt them lmao
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
OMG
OMG
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif k8y4Agu.png
Spikey!!
Spikey!!
7naJZM8.gifJS46SOh.gifDPrCB0j.gifJS46SOh.gif7naJZM8.gif
TECH GENES TECH GENES
WOOO

Bummed that they’re 1000g, but still excited! Thanks, devs!
TECH GENES TECH GENES
WOOO

Bummed that they’re 1000g, but still excited! Thanks, devs!

Coffee
She/They
FR + 1
Feel free to ping me!
IMG_1912.png?ex=656e79b3&is=655c04b3&hm=a591971f6a40bf2cc979f9acfdbdf05e442f4e85c5bba14114007457435e6a7b&.png

Note to self: if you’re seeing this, you forgot to make the picture transparent. You should do that.
Ehh, it's cool, but not cool enough for 1000g lol. I'll just wait for them to hit the AH XD
Ehh, it's cool, but not cool enough for 1000g lol. I'll just wait for them to hit the AH XD
Neat looking dergs. Wouldn't have killed the site to drop a single free egg but still excited to see the new babies floating around.
Neat looking dergs. Wouldn't have killed the site to drop a single free egg but still excited to see the new babies floating around.
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
[quote name="giraffles" date="2023-07-19 09:01:16" ] [quote name="MissK" date="2023-07-19 08:55:44" ] To be fair, if you have treasure, you can get gems too. Just buy treasure items and resell for gems, it only takes a short time to list them in the AH once a week or so. I've never bought gems and yet I've used plenty of them. People who have less time will of course have less funds on average, but just because something is for gems doesn't mean you need to actually pay real money to get it. I don't disagree that people are allowed to be bummed for the record, just saying, sometimes people get stuck thinking that getting gems is so hard. I often flip treasure genes or eggs, works super well and easily. [/quote] Again, this takes a ton of time and grinding that me (and many others) just don't have. I don't necessarily have any items or genes or anything of value to sell. It is what it is! But it's so wild to me that people keep insisting that it's easy to make bank when I've been here for 10 years and still struggle. xD [/quote] I don't see it as grinding to go to the AH, buy nocturne eggs (for example) for treasure, and sell them for gems. Only takes minutes haha. Same for buying genes/breed change scrolls from the marketplace (there's 11 pages of them right now) and reselling. If you don't have enough time to play and make treasure at all, of course that's a different situation, but then treasure breeds would be hard to afford too.
giraffles wrote on 2023-07-19 09:01:16:
MissK wrote on 2023-07-19 08:55:44:

To be fair, if you have treasure, you can get gems too. Just buy treasure items and resell for gems, it only takes a short time to list them in the AH once a week or so. I've never bought gems and yet I've used plenty of them. People who have less time will of course have less funds on average, but just because something is for gems doesn't mean you need to actually pay real money to get it.

I don't disagree that people are allowed to be bummed for the record, just saying, sometimes people get stuck thinking that getting gems is so hard. I often flip treasure genes or eggs, works super well and easily.

Again, this takes a ton of time and grinding that me (and many others) just don't have. I don't necessarily have any items or genes or anything of value to sell. It is what it is! But it's so wild to me that people keep insisting that it's easy to make bank when I've been here for 10 years and still struggle. xD

I don't see it as grinding to go to the AH, buy nocturne eggs (for example) for treasure, and sell them for gems. Only takes minutes haha. Same for buying genes/breed change scrolls from the marketplace (there's 11 pages of them right now) and reselling. If you don't have enough time to play and make treasure at all, of course that's a different situation, but then treasure breeds would be hard to afford too.
*Praying for a bunch of these genes to be shared with Banes*
*Praying for a bunch of these genes to be shared with Banes*
firefull.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-07-19 08:24:26" ] Hi there, @IlyenaSlyph, @SanicX, @HoodCrow and everyone else, thank you for your feedback about today's breed release! To address your concerns, we are a business and a free-to-play game with employees, employee benefits, and overhead to pay. This means that we will be releasing gem breeds and items as part of our business plan. To cut straight to the point: Gem sales helps to fund the overall development of the site, our employees, and the content that all our players enjoy. We understand and respect that many of our players are free-to-play, which is why we worked to ensure players will be receiving the same amount of treasure and game-play earned breeds this year as before: Two (2) breeds. Today's gem breed release [b]is content in addition to[/b] those breeds and [b]not a replacement[/b] for that content. Players can expect the third breed earned through treasure and gameplay for this year to drop in Q4. And yes, it will be a Nature breed! [emoji=nature rune size=1] [/quote] Thanks for replying to everyone’s feedback so quickly, the responsiveness is really nice to see <3 That said, with all due respect, I think the problem people are having is less that the new breed costs gems (I mean, other breeds also cost gems, that’s nothing new after all) and more that there’s a precedent for ancient breed freebies, so people are shocked/disappointed that that’s not the case for the sandsurges. Admittedly I can’t speak for everyone but I think most of us understand that we’re not entitled to new dragons and that the site needs money to function and pay its staff; it’s just disappointing to have that precedent for astounding free-to-play accessibility be so suddenly subverted, especially to those of us who simply don’t have the money to spend on this game. We just feel a bit left out, that’s all. Hopefully I articulated that okay (and am not overgeneralizing how people feel)! That said, I think most (probably all) people on this site appreciate what you guys do; I want to make that clear even though people are upset, we’re still glad to be getting new dragons at all!
Aequorin wrote on 2023-07-19 08:24:26:

Hi there, @IlyenaSlyph, @SanicX, @HoodCrow and everyone else, thank you for your feedback about today's breed release!

To address your concerns, we are a business and a free-to-play game with employees, employee benefits, and overhead to pay. This means that we will be releasing gem breeds and items as part of our business plan. To cut straight to the point: Gem sales helps to fund the overall development of the site, our employees, and the content that all our players enjoy.

We understand and respect that many of our players are free-to-play, which is why we worked to ensure players will be receiving the same amount of treasure and game-play earned breeds this year as before: Two (2) breeds. Today's gem breed release is content in addition to those breeds and not a replacement for that content. Players can expect the third breed earned through treasure and gameplay for this year to drop in Q4. And yes, it will be a Nature breed!

Thanks for replying to everyone’s feedback so quickly, the responsiveness is really nice to see <3

That said, with all due respect, I think the problem people are having is less that the new breed costs gems (I mean, other breeds also cost gems, that’s nothing new after all) and more that there’s a precedent for ancient breed freebies, so people are shocked/disappointed that that’s not the case for the sandsurges. Admittedly I can’t speak for everyone but I think most of us understand that we’re not entitled to new dragons and that the site needs money to function and pay its staff; it’s just disappointing to have that precedent for astounding free-to-play accessibility be so suddenly subverted, especially to those of us who simply don’t have the money to spend on this game. We just feel a bit left out, that’s all. Hopefully I articulated that okay (and am not overgeneralizing how people feel)!

That said, I think most (probably all) people on this site appreciate what you guys do; I want to make that clear even though people are upset, we’re still glad to be getting new dragons at all!
maGaaTX.png
organized signature? i don't know her

she/her - autistic - friend requests welcome
if you're looking for fandragons, Starlight and Aether have links and plans respectively!
Wishlist - Clan Lore
acecatcher.png
these genes are so freaking cool!!!
these genes are so freaking cool!!!
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 100 101