Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Omega Ruby Egglocke
1 2 3
Hi guys! As you may guess from the title, I will be doing an Egglocke of Omega Ruby soon! I decided to chronicle my run here, too, so let me know if you want to be pinged for that. I will also be doing a hardcore variant of this challenge: so no items in battle or leveling past the level cap!

Rules
  • If a Pokemon faints, it is dead forever. You must release it or box it permanently.
  • You must catch the first Pokemon on each route. Each encounter will be replaced with a random egg from the box.
  • You must nickname each Pokemon.
  • You may not use items in battle. Held items are allowed.
  • You may not use Mega Pokemon.
  • You may not level past the level cap.
  • Trade evolutions will be barred until after the 5th gym.
  • You may not use the Exp. Share (unless it's for grinding).
  • You may not use Pokemon Amie, except to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.
  • Battles must be on Set Mode.
  • Shiny Clause: If you encounter a shiny, you may hatch another egg.

The eggs are being bred right now, and I expect the first update to come out this Friday. Stay tuned!

(How am I doing this? I'll be playing on a physical copy of Omega Ruby on a homebrewed 3DS, mainly so I can hack rare candies in to reduce grinding, while the eggs will be stored on a physical copy of Alpha Sapphire on a different DS. All eggs are bred from a random Ditto I caught on my copy of Y and transferred over to AS, and the other parent is not holding anything in order to maximize randomness. I will be trading the eggs over as I get the encounters, though for the first few encounters, I'll hatch them in AS, put them in Pokemon Bank, then transfer it to OR as soon as possible. Bank supposedly becomes available as soon as you get the Pokedex, so we'll see if that's true.)

I am subscribed, no need to ping me!
Hi guys! As you may guess from the title, I will be doing an Egglocke of Omega Ruby soon! I decided to chronicle my run here, too, so let me know if you want to be pinged for that. I will also be doing a hardcore variant of this challenge: so no items in battle or leveling past the level cap!

Rules
  • If a Pokemon faints, it is dead forever. You must release it or box it permanently.
  • You must catch the first Pokemon on each route. Each encounter will be replaced with a random egg from the box.
  • You must nickname each Pokemon.
  • You may not use items in battle. Held items are allowed.
  • You may not use Mega Pokemon.
  • You may not level past the level cap.
  • Trade evolutions will be barred until after the 5th gym.
  • You may not use the Exp. Share (unless it's for grinding).
  • You may not use Pokemon Amie, except to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.
  • Battles must be on Set Mode.
  • Shiny Clause: If you encounter a shiny, you may hatch another egg.

The eggs are being bred right now, and I expect the first update to come out this Friday. Stay tuned!

(How am I doing this? I'll be playing on a physical copy of Omega Ruby on a homebrewed 3DS, mainly so I can hack rare candies in to reduce grinding, while the eggs will be stored on a physical copy of Alpha Sapphire on a different DS. All eggs are bred from a random Ditto I caught on my copy of Y and transferred over to AS, and the other parent is not holding anything in order to maximize randomness. I will be trading the eggs over as I get the encounters, though for the first few encounters, I'll hatch them in AS, put them in Pokemon Bank, then transfer it to OR as soon as possible. Bank supposedly becomes available as soon as you get the Pokedex, so we'll see if that's true.)

I am subscribed, no need to ping me!
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Level Caps
Gym 1: 14
Gym 2: 16
Gym 3: 21
Gym 4: 28
Gym 5: 30
Gym 6: 35
Gym 7: 45
Gym 8: 46
Elite 4: 55

Updates
Chapter 1 - Chapter 2

Pinglist
Level Caps
Gym 1: 14
Gym 2: 16
Gym 3: 21
Gym 4: 28
Gym 5: 30
Gym 6: 35
Gym 7: 45
Gym 8: 46
Elite 4: 55

Updates
Chapter 1 - Chapter 2

Pinglist
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
One of my favourite mons is aggron, so how about one of those?

There aren't any fossil mons on the list yet. All of them are good, but I'm currently feeling omastar.

Also, you'll need an emotional support joltik that stays a joltik, because tiny.
One of my favourite mons is aggron, so how about one of those?

There aren't any fossil mons on the list yet. All of them are good, but I'm currently feeling omastar.

Also, you'll need an emotional support joltik that stays a joltik, because tiny.
@Xionahri Added!
@Xionahri Added!
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Good luck! I love egglockes so I wouldn’t mind being added to the pinglist!

How about noibat and zorua? They’re two of my favorites! You could use another fossil pokemon so how about an anorith? And feel free to discard these since there’s so many but a few random pokemon that popped into my mind are magikarp, yamask, pawniard, mawile, croagunk, litwick, miltank, munna, sneasel, snover, shellos, shuppet, baltoy, mareep, wurmple, gastly, and scyther.
Good luck! I love egglockes so I wouldn’t mind being added to the pinglist!

How about noibat and zorua? They’re two of my favorites! You could use another fossil pokemon so how about an anorith? And feel free to discard these since there’s so many but a few random pokemon that popped into my mind are magikarp, yamask, pawniard, mawile, croagunk, litwick, miltank, munna, sneasel, snover, shellos, shuppet, baltoy, mareep, wurmple, gastly, and scyther.
@IllusiveFox
Added your Pokemon to the list, and yourself to the pinglist! I really appreciate it!

I did get quite a few suggestions by the time you commented, so I went and added them to the list (I did see an anonymous user when I opened the doc, so maybe that was you lol). There were very few overlaps, so that goes to show how much of a variety of Pokemon there are!

As of right now, there are only 9 slots left! So if you want to put in a Pokemon, now's the time!

I'm also going to add to the main post a little bit, just some things I forgot to add earlier.
@IllusiveFox
Added your Pokemon to the list, and yourself to the pinglist! I really appreciate it!

I did get quite a few suggestions by the time you commented, so I went and added them to the list (I did see an anonymous user when I opened the doc, so maybe that was you lol). There were very few overlaps, so that goes to show how much of a variety of Pokemon there are!

As of right now, there are only 9 slots left! So if you want to put in a Pokemon, now's the time!

I'm also going to add to the main post a little bit, just some things I forgot to add earlier.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
How about Munchlax, Snorunt, or Tynamo?
How about Munchlax, Snorunt, or Tynamo?
@PyriteTurquoise Added them all!

I only need one more Pokemon now, so if you want to submit one, now's your chance!
@PyriteTurquoise Added them all!

I only need one more Pokemon now, so if you want to submit one, now's your chance!
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Sandile line maybe? idk if its in oras though
Sandile line maybe? idk if its in oras though
Call me Cain or Raptor!
06xk8gV.pnghh5n4WA.pngbYt72YT.png
My main fandoms: 8GgdVkW.pngB771gaJ.pnghUchsi0.png AR60 and Proud Chongyun main!
v Buttons from here
YMPbu9R.png
@cryorraptor Availability in ORAS does not matter! If it you can get it through breeding in the Gen 6 games, it is valid! So, I added it to the list.

Anyways, this means the list is now complete! I'll remove it from the first post to keep it a surprise for those reading this down the line, but otherwise, this should be starting soon! I have over half of the eggs bred now, so I'm anticipating the first update to come out on Friday. I'll see you then!
@cryorraptor Availability in ORAS does not matter! If it you can get it through breeding in the Gen 6 games, it is valid! So, I added it to the list.

Anyways, this means the list is now complete! I'll remove it from the first post to keep it a surprise for those reading this down the line, but otherwise, this should be starting soon! I have over half of the eggs bred now, so I'm anticipating the first update to come out on Friday. I'll see you then!
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
1 2 3