Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Achievements Retrospective
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24
I just want to say again, that I adore this site, and no matter the complaints that some folks have, the staff is doing a great job of things.
I just want to say again, that I adore this site, and no matter the complaints that some folks have, the staff is doing a great job of things.
3BhEU2h.pngsoMUXcl.pngPlague-Network.png
I don't think it's.. quite it. for the Eletrifying Result achievement. making it carry over would be way better than just. barely lowering the score
I don't think it's.. quite it. for the Eletrifying Result achievement. making it carry over would be way better than just. barely lowering the score
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
eWIwatT.png
o7ZCFYm.png

rix3ppo.png
tumblr_p51ctjgepA1vamgqko8_100.png
IMG_5411.png
[quote name="@hitodama89" date="2023-07-17 06:33:34" ] Thank you for both the achievement system and this retrospective! <3 I'm sure many people are happy about "Electrifying Result" being made slightly easier! I myself am pretty sad though that "Runestone Rockstar" didn't get the same treatment. =< I have no idea how people are completing that one... [/quote] That one is a bit challenging, but really it depends at how good you are at memory games. I've practiced a lot with them and can sort of consistently complete level 15 which got me the 50k needed. One thing I can say is, make sure your internet connection/device speed is decent. Sometimes I've noticed lag when the tiles turn over, but the timer still ticks down, and that can definitely make or break the game for you. Good luck!
@hitodama89 wrote on 2023-07-17 06:33:34:
Thank you for both the achievement system and this retrospective! <3

I'm sure many people are happy about "Electrifying Result" being made slightly easier! I myself am pretty sad though that "Runestone Rockstar" didn't get the same treatment. =< I have no idea how people are completing that one...

That one is a bit challenging, but really it depends at how good you are at memory games. I've practiced a lot with them and can sort of consistently complete level 15 which got me the 50k needed. One thing I can say is, make sure your internet connection/device speed is decent. Sometimes I've noticed lag when the tiles turn over, but the timer still ticks down, and that can definitely make or break the game for you.

Good luck!
I'm relieved that the shock switch achievement has been lowered. I'd spent hours of pain and suffering in this game before finally resigning to the fact that this would be an achievement I wouldn't get. Now today I have it autocompleted thanks to this! Wouldn't be mad if the runestones of the Arcanist one was lowered to 40k too, sincerely, a person with memory issues.

Also I think that a link to pursuits would be beneficial to add to the waystone. It's down there under other activities but it's easy to miss. The daily pursuits would be better suited for the daily section.
I'm relieved that the shock switch achievement has been lowered. I'd spent hours of pain and suffering in this game before finally resigning to the fact that this would be an achievement I wouldn't get. Now today I have it autocompleted thanks to this! Wouldn't be mad if the runestones of the Arcanist one was lowered to 40k too, sincerely, a person with memory issues.

Also I think that a link to pursuits would be beneficial to add to the waystone. It's down there under other activities but it's easy to miss. The daily pursuits would be better suited for the daily section.
Always seeking dragons with interesting colors, Buying thread Stock the Pond! Breeding Challenge
he/him
twenties
mentally ill
about me / FAQ
clan lore
arcane flight
pings ok
FR Time +3
Fandragons tab
Pastel Goth Imperial Hatchery, Selling thread Secondhand Dragons for sale, selling thread
[quote name="@ElijahKujo" date="2023-07-17 06:58:13" ] I don't think it's.. quite it. for the Eletrifying Result achievement. making it carry over would be way better than just. barely lowering the score [/quote] Now it does carry over if you've hit that score recently. The problem is, it's impossible to make something carry over from longer ago if there was no method of tracking it. Like, if you got that score years ago, that information wasn't stored anywhere...so it would be impossible to make it count retroactively.
@ElijahKujo wrote on 2023-07-17 06:58:13:

Now it does carry over if you've hit that score recently. The problem is, it's impossible to make something carry over from longer ago if there was no method of tracking it. Like, if you got that score years ago, that information wasn't stored anywhere...so it would be impossible to make it count retroactively.
So very proud of you all! You work so hard to give us such a wonderful experience and that's why so many of us stay for so long. I'm coming up on 9 years on this site and even having a baby could only make me take a hiatus for a little while. Thank you for everything you do for the site and your users! *waves mom poms vigorously* [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
So very proud of you all! You work so hard to give us such a wonderful experience and that's why so many of us stay for so long. I'm coming up on 9 years on this site and even having a baby could only make me take a hiatus for a little while.

Thank you for everything you do for the site and your users! *waves mom poms vigorously*
AaYNmEX.png
tqGkHih.png
reHWBXk.png
oczO35g.png
JvUa9ma.png
_
Man, I felt that "so many meetings" in my soul. Awesome job on a near-flawless rollout, though! I'm still amazed that your servers were able to handle so many achievement claims at launch!

Thanks for your hard work! It's been a lot of fun!
Man, I felt that "so many meetings" in my soul. Awesome job on a near-flawless rollout, though! I'm still amazed that your servers were able to handle so many achievement claims at launch!

Thanks for your hard work! It's been a lot of fun!
U N D E R T I D E S (and Ted)
oh I love the confetti I'm going to spend the rest of my life claiming achievements for the serotonin boost thank you blessed devs
oh I love the confetti I'm going to spend the rest of my life claiming achievements for the serotonin boost thank you blessed devs
oRkijoy.png J7D1quC.png
V7wUqxW.png U0bFCPN.png
ll0CfnD.png WQA384m.png
Still think the gaming achievements are too hard but I still thank the staff for all they do for the site.
Still think the gaming achievements are too hard but I still thank the staff for all they do for the site.
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
[quote name="@MissK" date="2023-07-17 07:02:12" ] [quote name="@ElijahKujo" date="2023-07-17 06:58:13" ] I don't think it's.. quite it. for the Eletrifying Result achievement. making it carry over would be way better than just. barely lowering the score [/quote] Now it does carry over if you've hit that score recently. The problem is, it's impossible to make something carry over from longer ago if there was no method of tracking it. Like, if you got that score years ago, that information wasn't stored anywhere...so it would be impossible to make it count retroactively. [/quote] I meant it carrying over between games, I do not have the mental capacity to play this game for so long to even hit a score over 500k. Going from 1mil to 700k does nothing for people like me.
@MissK wrote on 2023-07-17 07:02:12:
@ElijahKujo wrote on 2023-07-17 06:58:13:

Now it does carry over if you've hit that score recently. The problem is, it's impossible to make something carry over from longer ago if there was no method of tracking it. Like, if you got that score years ago, that information wasn't stored anywhere...so it would be impossible to make it count retroactively.

I meant it carrying over between games, I do not have the mental capacity to play this game for so long to even hit a score over 500k. Going from 1mil to 700k does nothing for people like me.
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
eWIwatT.png
o7ZCFYm.png

rix3ppo.png
tumblr_p51ctjgepA1vamgqko8_100.png
IMG_5411.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24