Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | movie suggestions!
what are your go to movies to watch when you're bored? anything goofy/fun/action packed?

in the hospital and might be stuck here for a while, its already boring. darn stomach problems
what are your go to movies to watch when you're bored? anything goofy/fun/action packed?

in the hospital and might be stuck here for a while, its already boring. darn stomach problems
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
Sorry to hear! Hope your recovery goes well, GI issues suck hard.

I rarely watch movies nowadays, but here's some that I enjoy 100% and revisit:

The Iron Giant

The Book of Life (Animated) [It's so charming and gorgeous!!]

The latest Puss in Boots

Spiderverse

Nightmare Before Christmas (and any Tim Burton movie really)

Coraline

Hope these help! Good luck, and best wishes to you. :]

Edit: If you want something in terms of 'serious' action and comedy, The Fifth Element is also really good, but it's a bit dated, and for a mature audience due to its adult themes. I personally enjoy it for the visuals and for the dark humor.
Sorry to hear! Hope your recovery goes well, GI issues suck hard.

I rarely watch movies nowadays, but here's some that I enjoy 100% and revisit:

The Iron Giant

The Book of Life (Animated) [It's so charming and gorgeous!!]

The latest Puss in Boots

Spiderverse

Nightmare Before Christmas (and any Tim Burton movie really)

Coraline

Hope these help! Good luck, and best wishes to you. :]

Edit: If you want something in terms of 'serious' action and comedy, The Fifth Element is also really good, but it's a bit dated, and for a mature audience due to its adult themes. I personally enjoy it for the visuals and for the dark humor.
[quote name="Tilda Wilson" date="2023-05-19 14:33 for NPR" ] [LIST] [*]A gentle book about gentle people: [i]Leonard and Hungry Paul[/i] [*]For a feel-good re-watch: [i]Clueless[/i] [*]For farming and soothing tunes: [i]Stardew Valley[/i] [*]For seeing Lee Pace solve crimes and bake pies: [i]Pushing Daisies[/i] [*]The most kind and happy thriller anyone could write about stealing kidneys: [i]Cut and Run[/i] [/LIST] [/quote] (italics original; original hyperlinks removed for easy copy-pasting, from the piece [url=https://www.npr.org/2023/05/19/1177184056/youtube-hank-green-cancer]"YouTube star Hank Green shares cancer diagnosis"[/url])
Tilda Wilson wrote on 2023-05-19 14:33 for NPR:
  • A gentle book about gentle people: Leonard and Hungry Paul
  • For a feel-good re-watch: Clueless
  • For farming and soothing tunes: Stardew Valley
  • For seeing Lee Pace solve crimes and bake pies: Pushing Daisies
  • The most kind and happy thriller anyone could write about stealing kidneys: Cut and Run
(italics original; original hyperlinks removed for easy copy-pasting, from the piece "YouTube star Hank Green shares cancer diagnosis")
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
Megamind

Over the Hedge

Meet the Robinson’s

Legend of the Guardians: Guardians of Gahoole (it’s currently free on Youtube!)

Also, I just remembered about The Flight of Dragons.
Megamind

Over the Hedge

Meet the Robinson’s

Legend of the Guardians: Guardians of Gahoole (it’s currently free on Youtube!)

Also, I just remembered about The Flight of Dragons.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
I’ve got a few great movies if your a fan of horror or animation

My Fathers Dragon- amazing animation, kids movie
Nimona- Amazing animation, you have probably alr watched it
Wolf Walkers- AMAZING animation, one of my favorite movies, story is based on folklore, also made by my favorite animation studio

Bird box- Not really “Scary” but I really love the concept
Before I wake- Another horror movie I wouldn’t consider scary (but some might) it has a amazing story, and it’s kinda sad m
I’ve got a few great movies if your a fan of horror or animation

My Fathers Dragon- amazing animation, kids movie
Nimona- Amazing animation, you have probably alr watched it
Wolf Walkers- AMAZING animation, one of my favorite movies, story is based on folklore, also made by my favorite animation studio

Bird box- Not really “Scary” but I really love the concept
Before I wake- Another horror movie I wouldn’t consider scary (but some might) it has a amazing story, and it’s kinda sad m
C6-A7-C47-A-0-AD2-4017-AB8-B-63-E385-AA680-A.png1-FAF2-CCD-14-FF-4-BA7-A01-B-9840-E7-B9-E4-F9.pngF038-A574-6-B2-F-42-F1-8-D94-F3-F28-BE397-B8.png