Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Salty about the Salt
1 2 3 4 5
the pile itself looks great! i just wish they didnt shade it with blue and put it on a blue background. there are lots of colors salt comes in! blue isnt one of 'em. why not pink? i like pink. pink salt is a very well-known thing.
the pile itself looks great! i just wish they didnt shade it with blue and put it on a blue background. there are lots of colors salt comes in! blue isnt one of 'em. why not pink? i like pink. pink salt is a very well-known thing.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
@LilLegendary you’re right! I think that would help! Blue makes me think of snow.
@LilLegendary you’re right! I think that would help! Blue makes me think of snow.
I'd like to make a horrible joke.

But I won't.

Because I enjoy being on this site.

If ya now you know.

I do prefer the triangular look a lil more but, this will grow on me. It's no Roundhorn Remake after all. still salty about that.
I'd like to make a horrible joke.

But I won't.

Because I enjoy being on this site.

If ya now you know.

I do prefer the triangular look a lil more but, this will grow on me. It's no Roundhorn Remake after all. still salty about that.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
[a] G1 Tarnished Auction Ends May 12
[a] NEW: Cheap G1 dirts Auction (SB 100-200g) Ends May 13
I think the new gravel doesn't look like gravel at all, but I also don't care what the gravel looks like in the first place so
I think the new gravel doesn't look like gravel at all, but I also don't care what the gravel looks like in the first place so
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
Oh, they redesigned [item=sand] too! o: When did these redesigns happen?
Oh, they redesigned Sand too! o: When did these redesigns happen?
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
Agree new art looks worst.
Pile shape does not looks like pile of dry tiny particles.
And background too busy
Agree new art looks worst.
Pile shape does not looks like pile of dry tiny particles.
And background too busy

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I think the issue with the salt and the gravel specifically is that they look too soft, whereas they should probably look more coarse. [item=salt] [item=eternal snow][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/792179334898778146/1128070334160056400/oldsalt.png[/img] [img]https://previews.123rf.com/images/imagestore/imagestore1606/imagestore160601777/58977126-sea-salt-pile.jpg[/img] [item=gravel] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/792179334898778146/1128070333803528324/oldgravel.png[/img] [img]https://t3.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/78/55/80/360_F_78558037_haNBvBgs7PMws3hePyX0zs1PAvRjdEPB.jpg[/img] Which is why fewer people have issues with the sand, because sand can be very soft and fine. [item=sand] [img]https://imgur.com/o27yrws.png[/img] [img]https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/28/78/74/1000_F_28787455_e7DQNRSRDFlC13mi0HooZNz1St7YXoH1.jpg[/img] The sand is very much an improvement and I understand the disconnect with the salt and gravel. They could benefit from maybe some darker and lighter spots like the original gravel had or some more aggressive lines to make them look less soft... but also it's not going to ruin my day if the staff had more important things to do than fix this.
I think the issue with the salt and the gravel specifically is that they look too soft, whereas they should probably look more coarse.

Salt Eternal Snow oldsalt.png

58977126-sea-salt-pile.jpg
Gravel oldgravel.png
360_F_78558037_haNBvBgs7PMws3hePyX0zs1PAvRjdEPB.jpg

Which is why fewer people have issues with the sand, because sand can be very soft and fine.

Sand o27yrws.png
1000_F_28787455_e7DQNRSRDFlC13mi0HooZNz1St7YXoH1.jpg

The sand is very much an improvement and I understand the disconnect with the salt and gravel. They could benefit from maybe some darker and lighter spots like the original gravel had or some more aggressive lines to make them look less soft... but also it's not going to ruin my day if the staff had more important things to do than fix this.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

[quote name="Arsea" date="2023-07-11 17:56:33" ] yeah, I love the new art style but the shape and color makes them look much more like ash and snow than gravel and salt. sand looks great though, congrats to sand enjoyers (also not gonna lie, I got kind of attached to the gravel after the april fool's event. someone tell me I'm not the only one) [/quote] YEAH this is basically my opinion on it [quote name="creosote" date="2023-07-11 18:07:29" ] i totally agree with you, i liked the old art so much more T_T i know it's like.. the biggest nothingburger of all time [/quote] although this is also true haha (the discussion thread got crazy big, although I guess a lot of that was people not noticing the difference because it hadn't updated for them yet) oh I do like the new backgrounds now though, they're very eye-catching and pleasing :)
Arsea wrote on 2023-07-11 17:56:33:
yeah, I love the new art style but the shape and color makes them look much more like ash and snow than gravel and salt. sand looks great though, congrats to sand enjoyers

(also not gonna lie, I got kind of attached to the gravel after the april fool's event. someone tell me I'm not the only one)

YEAH
this is basically my opinion on it

creosote wrote on 2023-07-11 18:07:29:
i totally agree with you, i liked the old art so much more T_T i know it's like.. the biggest nothingburger of all time

although this is also true haha
(the discussion thread got crazy big, although I guess a lot of that was people not noticing the difference because it hadn't updated for them yet)

oh I do like the new backgrounds now though, they're very eye-catching and pleasing :)
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
I miss the old gravel. Sand looks pretty good now. Salt is... not salt. Not snow, either. I'm not sure what it reads as to me. Ashes, maybe?
I miss the old gravel. Sand looks pretty good now. Salt is... not salt. Not snow, either. I'm not sure what it reads as to me. Ashes, maybe?
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
i think the reason they look so not-rough is because the texturing is in the shading, and also because that is a veritable MOUNTAIN of gravel so you wouldn't see the individual pieces as much
i think the reason they look so not-rough is because the texturing is in the shading, and also because that is a veritable MOUNTAIN of gravel so you wouldn't see the individual pieces as much
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
1 2 3 4 5