Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What do you think of Pokémon S/V?
1 2 3
as a professor turo stan, Violet is my favorite mainline Pokemon game of all time.

Real talk, I was raised on Pokemon. I still have my original Pokemon Red cartridge and play it on my N64 with the little gamepack thing. S/V are AMAZING games. The open world and exploration aspect is enough for me to say it's the best, but the story, characters, the fact you can choose which path to go through and aren't stuck to the same old gym battle line and that's all...it's a breath of fresh air in the franchise.

Personally the only issue I've experienced is lag. And even then, like others have pointed out, it's really only noticeable in specific areas, like the lake, where lots of pokemon have spawned in. Otherwise I've not had any issues myself.

Also just a little positive rant but I'm so happy to have LORE in this game. Like far-reaching lore and characters deeper than just a gimmick and idk I can't wait for the DLC. Been playing this game since release and I'm still hooked.
as a professor turo stan, Violet is my favorite mainline Pokemon game of all time.

Real talk, I was raised on Pokemon. I still have my original Pokemon Red cartridge and play it on my N64 with the little gamepack thing. S/V are AMAZING games. The open world and exploration aspect is enough for me to say it's the best, but the story, characters, the fact you can choose which path to go through and aren't stuck to the same old gym battle line and that's all...it's a breath of fresh air in the franchise.

Personally the only issue I've experienced is lag. And even then, like others have pointed out, it's really only noticeable in specific areas, like the lake, where lots of pokemon have spawned in. Otherwise I've not had any issues myself.

Also just a little positive rant but I'm so happy to have LORE in this game. Like far-reaching lore and characters deeper than just a gimmick and idk I can't wait for the DLC. Been playing this game since release and I'm still hooked.
R6ZJKtW.gif
A FAQs
Buying Maroon Tert G1s
Tarot Shop
Wishlist
Clan Lore
AAAAAAAAAAA qC8XNby.png
Honestly, my opinions are mixed.
While I definitely believe that SV are a huge improvement over SWSH, they still have their fair share of problems that most - if not all - later Pokemon games have.
If you want a game that's a challenge, you'd honestly be better off picking up an older title. SV is definitely harder than XY or even USUM, but it still didn't take me long at all to beat it. You only mess up if you accidentally wander into an Area that's too high level for you, but that's easy to avoid with a guide.
The glitches and bugs.. I don't think I have to talk about them, most people already covered that. I'll say that I managed to finish playing without anything too gamebreaking, but they're still annoying.
Story wise though, it's fun! If you're more into the story based Pokemon games, SV has a really good one. The cast of characters is lovely and I personally grew attached to them really quickly.
The selection of Pokemon is alright too, though do keep in mind it has the same issue as other Switch games ; not having em all. If that's a dealbreaker for you, then keep that in mind.
For me, it was a 5/10 at its worst and 7/10 at its best. It's cute and fun, but as much as I respect every person calling the game their favorite so far for me it just simply doesn't compare to the DS titles.
Honestly, my opinions are mixed.
While I definitely believe that SV are a huge improvement over SWSH, they still have their fair share of problems that most - if not all - later Pokemon games have.
If you want a game that's a challenge, you'd honestly be better off picking up an older title. SV is definitely harder than XY or even USUM, but it still didn't take me long at all to beat it. You only mess up if you accidentally wander into an Area that's too high level for you, but that's easy to avoid with a guide.
The glitches and bugs.. I don't think I have to talk about them, most people already covered that. I'll say that I managed to finish playing without anything too gamebreaking, but they're still annoying.
Story wise though, it's fun! If you're more into the story based Pokemon games, SV has a really good one. The cast of characters is lovely and I personally grew attached to them really quickly.
The selection of Pokemon is alright too, though do keep in mind it has the same issue as other Switch games ; not having em all. If that's a dealbreaker for you, then keep that in mind.
For me, it was a 5/10 at its worst and 7/10 at its best. It's cute and fun, but as much as I respect every person calling the game their favorite so far for me it just simply doesn't compare to the DS titles.
bulbasaur.gifivysaur.gifvenusaur-f.gif

knives || it/he || art shop
Another avid pokemon fan here who has completed the S/V dex. While it is true that the game does still have some glitches or "bugs" in it the only real lag that I have encountered of late (had my legendary go invisible while playing shortly after launch but was easily fixed by resetting) has been while attempting to complete the higher tier raids with other players. The health bar lags and there are times when you cannot take your turn in battle or the text goes missing but other then the multi player aspect of the game being a little buggy I found the game to be quite enjoyable and for the first time in a long while actually was able to care about the characters and story.

I won't lie and say that the map system couldn't use some work or that there can be times where it was hard to navigate but as a day one player of S/V it has come a long way and is definitely one of the best pokemon games they have made in a long while.

I would say it is worth the money if you are willing to look past a bit of lag here and there. The game is fun to play has a bit of challenge to it and the open world aspects make the game more immersive than it's predisessors have ever been possible. Would definitely recommend it!
Another avid pokemon fan here who has completed the S/V dex. While it is true that the game does still have some glitches or "bugs" in it the only real lag that I have encountered of late (had my legendary go invisible while playing shortly after launch but was easily fixed by resetting) has been while attempting to complete the higher tier raids with other players. The health bar lags and there are times when you cannot take your turn in battle or the text goes missing but other then the multi player aspect of the game being a little buggy I found the game to be quite enjoyable and for the first time in a long while actually was able to care about the characters and story.

I won't lie and say that the map system couldn't use some work or that there can be times where it was hard to navigate but as a day one player of S/V it has come a long way and is definitely one of the best pokemon games they have made in a long while.

I would say it is worth the money if you are willing to look past a bit of lag here and there. The game is fun to play has a bit of challenge to it and the open world aspects make the game more immersive than it's predisessors have ever been possible. Would definitely recommend it!
fireshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul4r.png[/ur
1 2 3